How Do You Feel About Windower?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-13 01:21:11  
Amara said:
And all the things I do on my pc I can do on my PS2 just as fast, my gear swaps and such

I'd like to see a PS2 user casting a fast spell (<2.5sec or less) and swapping gear twice (precast/midcast), with a 12+ gear swap midcast. Then swapping back to idle (so again ~12 piece) :/ Because on PC without windower scripts, the game won't simply let me do it, it's just physically impossible, it's not about skill or anything, my macro don't register if I use them too quickly.

Quote:
We're all in the same boat now. <3

Always related.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 01:24:28  
Antipika said:
Amara said:
And all the things I do on my pc I can do on my PS2 just as fast, my gear swaps and such

I'd like to see a PS2 user casting a fast spell (<2.5sec or less) and swapping gear twice (precast/midcast), with a 12+ gear swap midcast. Then swapping back to idle (so again ~12 piece) :/ Because on PC without windower scripts, the game won't simply let me do it, it's just physically impossible, it's not about skill or anything, my macro don't register if I use them too quickly.

I can if i really felt like making more then 1 maccro just to accomplish 1 thing. But ther simply is no need to switch 12 peices each time. In fact with manipulating which gear is on when I do just fine with 6 for rdm and blm. Now switching from tp to ws or to haste or evasion setups... yeah little different.
 Garuda.Amara
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-13 01:26:03  
PS2 is an old system but it typically has less lag then a PC. Dragon's Aery or Dynamis PC can lag bad, PS2 never had a problem. PS2 can also outclaim a bot. I use controller on both PS2 and PC and scrolling through macros is much much faster on my PS2 then my PC.

May also be that I have been playing with the same macros since I started each of my jobs. Adding in new JAs and changing the gear within the macros themselves. But the order they are hasn't ever changed.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 01:33:26  
i enjoy a good debate as much as anyone else. but beating a dead horse really gets one nowhere. except maybe bringing out more flies. /shrug.

moral/immoral blah blah blah. other games have plugins, ffxi did not. windower gives ppl that option. cool. those more "Moral" ppl. more power to ya, those who do use it, more power to ya. 99% of the playerbase doesnt give a damn either way.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-13 01:41:17  
There is, for certain spells there is :/

For sleep you'd need to change :

Staff : Terra's > Pluto's
Grip : Bugard leather strap+1 > Dark Grip
Head : w/e head you idle with (AFv2+1 hat here) > Genie head
Body : refresh body (morrigan here) > AF+1 body
Back : Umbra Cape > Altruistic Cape
Neck : Ugga pendant > Enfeebling Torque
Hands : I keep morrigan hands, I don't have Oracle ones yet. (but will change when i get these).
Earring : w/e earring > Enfeebling earring
Earring2 : w/e earring > Abysal (or phantom+1).
Pants : w/e pants > Genie legs
Feets : Gaiters > Goliard (or morri/yigit/avocat pigaches, but something with int or macc or enfeebling).

Would not change ring / belt and ranged... At best you could ignore change of 2nd earring (int+2) and grip since theses are small bonuses. Same scenario with ele dots, would need to change everything but grip (only using dark) / ranged / 1 ring / belt....

Sure you can lend sleep without macro'ing all this, but still, I like to optimize things as much as I can. Otherwise i'd just /care, play in full nq, if sleep fail, /party "whatever it's just a game guys" :P

I never said playing FF XI without windower was impossible, now if you wanna play your job to its fullest, and by fullest I mean 100% (grabbing every single bonus you can grab even if it's as small as +2INT), you -must- use windower, sad statement but that's the reality, at least with the PC client, I never played on console.
 Seraph.Azdeh
サーバ: Seraph
user: Azdeh
By Seraph.Azdeh 2009-05-13 03:38:08  
Houshisama said:
Jaerik said:
I will point out that the core components of Windower and FFXIAH.com were developed by the same people.

Posting on a FFXIAH.com message board about the implied immorality of Windower is a bit fundamentally flawed.

But, y'know, if you wanna keep arguing it...

thank you jaerik.

complaining about windower is like calling the very people who use this site lazy *** because they cant make it to the AH or some ***

lmao well yeah, *** walking to AH >_>;
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-05-13 04:59:50  
Dinarii said:
i enjoy a good debate as much as anyone else. but beating a dead horse really gets one nowhere. except maybe bringing out more flies. /shrug.

moral/immoral blah blah blah. other games have plugins, ffxi did not. windower gives ppl that option. cool. those more "Moral" ppl. more power to ya, those who do use it, more power to ya. 99% of the playerbase doesnt give a damn either way.

^YAY for squirrel!!!

btw, anyone of those "moral" ppl ever thought bout those who cant play ffxi thanks to a t&l bug on their PC ~ doesnt mean you have to use the plugins, off course. Still

oh btw....

Not running to AH > moral

Go ffxiah!
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-13 07:06:14  
Little things like:

Distance
Infobar
Recast
TimeStamp

Merely give us the functions that 99% of MMO have.
Click on a mob in WoW, it will tell you it's exact level, whether it is aggressive, how far way it is etc etc.

And its not like the information isn't in the game, it has to calculate the recast timer/distance etc etc.

But SE just decided we weren't allowed to know this info.

Without the basic plugins this game would be very hard, stressful, annoying and almost unplayable imo.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 07:12:15  
i'd be content with the basic features mentioned above. along with being able to see my acc, racc, ratt, and crit% in my status or equip screen. that and expanded macros. ffxi gives me that, then ill be content. til then. screw SE.
 Remora.Deezell
サーバ: Remora
user: Deezell
By Remora.Deezell 2009-05-13 08:25:58  
Argettio said:
Little things like:

Distance
Infobar
Recast
TimeStamp

Merely give us the functions that 99% of MMO have.
Click on a mob in WoW, it will tell you it's exact level, whether it is aggressive, how far way it is etc etc.

And its not like the information isn't in the game, it has to calculate the recast timer/distance etc etc.

But SE just decided we weren't allowed to know this info.

Without the basic plugins this game would be very hard, stressful, annoying and almost unplayable imo.

wouldnt say unplayable... i did it for 2 years b4 i found the joy of windower.... just makes things alot easier.... basically the reg. ffxi version is like the big *** brick cell phone from back in the day and windower is like a blackberry
 Odin.Gensouryuu
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2009-05-13 08:46:23  
there's nothing to change your character and after staring at the same character for years don't you get bored? <3 Plasticsurgeon
 Shiva.Velito
サーバ: Shiva
user: Velito
By Shiva.Velito 2009-05-13 08:50:13  
I don't use windower. Make me.
 Kujata.Nanyo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-05-13 08:52:19  
@.@ (ACK!!! T.T FFXIAH Doesn't open a new IE Like everywhere else T.T I keep closing it by mistake)

<.< Didn't read through everything, kept deleting my internet exploror.

My Opinon is If SE Had made the Windowed right I would of been done with Windower, Because the thing that bothered me was that I could not play the game in full screen with windowed mode.

Then I started Dual boxxing @.@ And SE Would also have to let me log onto 2 accounts from 1 computer to acctualy get me to leave Windower XD (along with my Full screen -,-)

I never see a problem if someone else is open to doing something else. @.@ I don't see why it matter's.

I could See through the walls in salvage and make pulling Gears in Bah. Rem. Super easy, But then it would be boring!!! If someone else wants to take the challenge out of it be my guest. (RDM/WHM With Darts pull :O)
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-13 09:35:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Bartimaeus said:
By working with/using FFXIAH, and it's core components (which also is related to windower, as Jaerik helpfully clarified) aren't we all colluding or at least being accomplices in knowledge of third party program usage?

My point is, HIYA FFXIAH USERS! We're all in the same boat now. <3

iseewutyoudidthere
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-13 09:38:16  
Bartimaeus said:
By working with/using FFXIAH, and it's core components (which also is related to windower, as Jaerik helpfully clarified) aren't we all colluding or at least being accomplices in knowledge of third party program usage?

My point is, HIYA FFXIAH USERS! We're all in the same boat now. <3

I'M ON A BOAT!
 Hades.Dizzmal
サーバ: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-05-13 09:38:49  
Like it has been said before, If SE had done windower right in the first place, we wouldn't need the other version.

people bitching about it is funny anyway. Think about it. How many things are being implemented in SE's version that have been in windower for years(Windowed version,Light luggage,) the difference is that SE does a ***job of it and the Windower guys are amazing.

You know what I don't hear ppl fussing about? Ventrillo/Teamspeak/Skype/Xbox live..
It is basicly the same thing. It allows parties/Linkshells to work togther faster without having to type things out. As far as I know PS2 users still can use these programs(unless they have another PC to use it from.)

Looks like everyone has an advatage over the PS2.. looks like ya'll need to stop being so damn cheap and upgrade your old *** console lol.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-05-13 09:42:08  
I agree in saying that 90% of the plugins available through windower should have been in the game from the very beginning. Distance, Infobar, Status Timers, TP party... all stuff that greatly enhances your play by simply offering information that should have been available from the get-go.

Now, I do believe there are at least two plugins that stretch the limits of what windower should be capable of... the first being //fillmode... seeing as how it gives you an incredible advantage in certain zones and events (try it during Nyzul Isle and you'll see what I mean).

The other plugin that is arguable would be spellcast... While to an extent I believe jobs like BLM and RDM would be highly UNPLAYABLE without spellcast, this is not case for most players, it seems. But it's pretty obvious to see that players utilizing spellcast have a monstrous advantage over players that dont. I'm pretty sure SE didnt intend to give such a drastic advantage to players.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-13 09:43:18  
Dizzmal said:
You know what I don't hear ppl fussing about? Ventrillo/Teamspeak/Skype/Xbox live

First off, I am all for windower. With that out of the way you can't really compare it with these since these are all programs that run in the background and not directly with FFXI.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 09:51:29  
Sovereign said:
The other plugin that is arguable would be spellcast... While to an extent I believe jobs like BLM and RDM would be highly UNPLAYABLE without spellcast, this is not case for most players, it seems. But it's pretty obvious to see that players utilizing spellcast have a monstrous advantage over players that dont. I'm pretty sure SE didnt intend to give such a drastic advantage to players.

I play BLM rather well and have never used spellcast. I'm not perfect but I'm not saying /party "Its just a game guys". I take full advantage of windower macros for gearswap sets. So I have like 15 .txt files in my $windower/scripts/BLM folder. Yeah I could clean that all up and use spellcast... but I just wanted to point out that spellcast is not a must have.

I will completely agree that TPParty and Distance should be a part of the FFXI UI to begin with, along with lightluggage. The ability to stack items without sorting your whole inventory is awesome.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-13 10:06:53  
Hypnotizd said:
The ability to stack items without sorting your whole inventory is awesome.

They already did this.

Under "Config/General" I think.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-05-13 10:08:11  
Hypnotizd said:
Sovereign said:

I play BLM rather well and have never used spellcast. I'm not perfect but I'm not saying /party "Its just a game guys". I take full advantage of windower macros for gearswap sets. So I have like 15 .txt files in my $windower/scripts/BLM folder. Yeah I could clean that all up and use spellcast... but I just wanted to point out that spellcast is not a must have.

utilizing windower script macros is basically the same thing as using spellcast... you're able to do more than the stock macro system that was provided with the game.

Stock macro system only allowed you what, 6 lines per macro? So it'd be first line for the cast, one for the staff, leaving only 4 lines for changing gear unless you want to press a second macro. With the performance I've grown accustomed to seeing from my BLM, the stock macro system is unacceptable.

So as far as I'm concerned... some type of solution to upgrading the macro system is required. whether it be windower scripts, spellcast, etc... it's all the same if it does more than the stock macro system.
 Titan.Opeth
サーバ: Titan
user: liljesus9
By Titan.Opeth 2009-05-13 10:14:37  
Amara said:
PS2 is an old system but it typically has less lag then a PC. Dragon's Aery or Dynamis PC can lag bad, PS2 never had a problem. PS2 can also outclaim a bot. I use controller on both PS2 and PC and scrolling through macros is much much faster on my PS2 then my PC.

I'd hate to see the PC that plays FFXI slower than a PS2. Then again it could have been because I had a really old PS2. Swapping between macro sets had about a 1 second lag, so I had to limit macros to equipment swaps and memorize spell locations in the menus. Dynamis was almost unplayable at times. Besieged and Campaign battles often had periods of 15 seconds or more when nothing on my screen would move. Disabling all effects helped somewhat. None of these issues came up on PC.

Having said that, I consider the PS2 playing the game on hard mode since it required borderline precognition. PC, PC with Windower Lite, and 360 are medium mode. PC with Windower plugins makes FFXI as easy as WoW. The only difference between the games now being SE's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE drop system where level 1 mobs have the same drop table as level 75 mobs, and its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE equipment system where level 33 gear can be used end game for lack of better options.

People don't skillchain anymore apart from planned chains for certain fights and WS points, so TParty is irrelevant. When it is relevant, a TP call will do. The recast plugin can be replaced by the /recast command. Distance can be replaced by learning to gauge distances using mob and player nodes on the radar. Anything battle-related Windower plugins do can easily be replaced with skill. Windower allows people who are unfortunate enough to not have the mental capacity to accommodate these needs (or are too lazy to do so) keep up.

Excesspain said:
Hypnotizd said:
The ability to stack items without sorting your whole inventory is awesome.

They already did this.

Under "Config/General" I think.

That sorts your entire inventory. LightLuggage stacks items on pickup without sorting everything.
 Hades.Dizzmal
サーバ: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-05-13 10:15:41  
Excesspain said:
Dizzmal said:
You know what I don't hear ppl fussing about? Ventrillo/Teamspeak/Skype/Xbox live

First off, I am all for windower. With that out of the way you can't really compare it with these since these are all programs that run in the background and not directly with FFXI.

I use windower and Ventrillo. I'm not bashing using these programs. I mearly making the comparison that it does give an advantage over what SE wants us to play with.

People will always cry "unfair" if they don't have somthing. At the end of the day people that can't use windower comes down to 3 types of people.

#1 people butt hurt because they can't use it.

#2 People that think that by some divine moral standards, they are better for not using it.

#3 The people that are still scared they are gonna get banned for using it.(305K downloads. I don't think SE is banning us lol)
[+]
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-13 10:18:44  
::thunbs up::
 Cerberus.Zeopurgatory
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Zeopurgatory 2009-05-13 10:40:57  
Hikuzo sucks!
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 10:45:38  
How does I post count +1 ?
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-05-13 10:48:13  
I'm lazy .. your lazy... but i don't want to log in every time I want to see if I can get an item that's not on the ah all the time

I like the boat it's comfy

widower is just one more way to be lazy
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 10:53:18  
Sovereign said:

Thats just silly. I have both blm and rdm at 75. Have done extensive soloing with both(which is really the only tme having spellcast would be really useful at all...mayeb low man) And never ever had a problem. Hell I dont even use windower maccros. For that matter wtf is spellcast?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rafoie
By Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie 2009-05-13 11:08:12  
Nanyo said:
@.@ (ACK!!! T.T FFXIAH Doesn't open a new IE Like everywhere else T.T I keep closing it by mistake)

Ewww IE! >.> Wait untill the next RMT hacking fiasco... you may learn to stop using IE then.
Nanyo said:
<.< Didn't read through everything, kept deleting my internet exploror.

If it truely deleted your iexplore.exe, consider it a blessing. If it just closed the window, consider it convient. As it should remain closed forever more.

As for this whole "debate" between Windower and No Windower. . . . Does anyone have an actual good reason to say it matters to console users? They are already at a natural disadvantage if you think about it. Then again you could mod the console to be able to use it like a PC and everything is solved. I claim its at a natural disadvantage because it can only play the game. Someone with a PC can research and play... and holy hell look at that! Oh my god! News just in, from 2 years ago! "Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007". That implies even the devs, who clearly have more say than ANY of us, don't care that a player can surf the web and play at the same time. So, why should the player care? Maybe you, the complainers, really are just upset you didn't buy a computer and want to try using this guilt/morality point, an invalid point mind you, as a foot hold to even out your own mistakes. If this isnt your case, then why the hell do you care? They choose to buy the console. They choose to buy FFXI for that console. They chose to do what they do. Why? No idea, thats their call, not mine. Also thees nothing to be guilty of when using windower, it as a base program is solid. The fact a person is using windower over the default option shows they can make an inteligent dicission to maximize their pc effiecency. Who doesn't want the most bang for their buck? ... ... No one? That is correct, sir. Using FFXIAH shows you have a PC. (Or a modded console, take your pick.) Not using windower (hell even windower light) while using FFXIAH shows what? It shows you either A. Like fullscreened games or B. You're an idiot or C. You're uninformed about windower and did not know such a tool existed, in which case here you go fine reader: www.windower.net . There I just eliminated C, so now its either A or B. Take your pick...

(Edit1: mechanics(to a point) and grammar fixes.)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18