Help With Synergy Questions

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Help with Synergy Questions
Help with Synergy Questions
By Quiznor 2012-03-30 11:20:22  
So I'm a total synergy noob.The extent of my synergy experience is finish the quest,get the KI,get in party with someone and have them craft my items for me.

Now forward time a few months down the line to the present day.I want to take the augments off my M. body so I can store it with the moogle.Idk how and the people of jeuno offered up suggestions that didnt work.

1.Do a synth with it,using no tatters.Didnt work.

2.Trade cinder for revertant (I got both versions) and craft with that + M body.Didnt work.

Any ideas how it can be done?!?!?
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-30 11:26:04  
Have you tried just trading it to the storage npc?
Iirc they say something along the lines of "storing this item will remove the augment are you sure" not 100% sure about that though been awhile.
By Quiznor 2012-03-30 11:29:40  
I'll give it a go.I never tried that because everyone always told me he wouldnt take it with augments on it,that they needed to be erased first.

Edit: Nope,moogle says its augmented and he cant take it
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-30 11:35:21  
Looked it up on bg according to this the only way to remove it is by trading the gear to the furnace without a tatter. Though you said this didn't work so idk. :/
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-30 11:35:24  
Quiznor said: »
So I'm a total synergy noob.The extent of my synergy experience is finish the quest,get the KI,get in party with someone and have them craft my items for me.

Now forward time a few months down the line to the present day.I want to take the augments off my M. body so I can store it with the moogle.Idk how and the people of jeuno offered up suggestions that didnt work.

1.Do a synth with it,using no tatters.Didnt work.

2.Trade cinder for revertant (I got both versions) and craft with that + M body.Didnt work.

Any ideas how it can be done?!?!?
Drop it and have a GM restore it for you. >.>

I actually did basically the same thing @75 with Hagun. The price was still floating around 1-2mil and I took the chance of augmenting it via FoV. I ended up getting -STR on it.
I'm not really sure why it came to mind, but I figured I'd see if I could drop it and have a GM restore it for me and it wouldn't have the augmented stats on it. So after telling the GM I accidentally dropped it, I got my hagun back, to my surprise, with no augments on it.
By Quiznor 2012-03-30 11:39:11  
Looking at the top post on that page,I may have been "crafting" it wrong.I just put it in,started,took it out.Looks like I have to feed fewell at least once.Trying this now.

And I dont wanna use my one time restore on this,I've almost dropped my almace once,so I'm hanging onto it in case I ever drop my burtgang.

Edit: Success! Put it in by itself,added some dark fewell (since it said difficulty 9 dark)

Put me to 7 dark,ended it,no augments!

Thanks for the BG link.Like I said before,totaly synergy newb so didnt know I had to do that at all.!
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-30 11:49:40  
No prob glad I could help.

Heads up though RQT may have been a bit more efficient than making a thread.
By Quiznor 2012-03-30 11:53:54  
I thought about posting it there,but I know several poeople that were in the same boat as me,so rather than just refer them to "somewhere in the RQT" this'd be easier for not just me,but anyone looking into the synergy forum overall
 Hades.Tripster
サーバ: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-03-30 12:30:23  
As far as I know there's no way of removing augments, it's a one way road. If that's the case, however, SE should definitely look into a way of removing augments from gear.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-30 12:31:55  
Hades.Tripster said: »
As far as I know there's no way of removing augments, it's a one way road. If that's the case, however, SE should definitely look into a way of removing augments from gear.
What?
Any synergy Aug can be removed been this way for awhile also the way of doing it was posted in this very thread. >.>
 Hades.Tripster
サーバ: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-03-30 12:33:59  
Shiva.Galbir said: »
Hades.Tripster said: »
What?
Any synergy Aug can be removed been this way for awhile also the way of doing it was posted in this very thread. >.>

Oh I skipped the post. Well, good to know!