フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Feint Adjustment 3/26
Feint Adjustment 3/26
 Quetzalcoatl.Supahkronic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Supahkronic 2012-03-27 01:22:23  
Quote:
Feint
Recast time has been reduced from ten minutes to two.

Additional merit points no longer reduce recast time, but instead raise the chance of Treasure Hunter leveling up by 25% per point.

So, am I correct to assume that 5/5 merits would give 100% chance of increasing Treasure Hunter?

Because this just happened to me a few minutes ago.

I just copied and pasted the important parts. I started the fight with a Sneak Attack, no upgrade in TH. I used Feint and there was no upgrade. I used Bully, and then Sneak Attack and got an upgrade to 8. Finally, I used Feint once more and didn't get an upgrade.

What's the deal? Does it not work at all, or is it ineffective against NMs?

But interestingly enough, after the 02893478283472394078203840928930488927398472893749273489234 times stingy Sozu hasn't given me that damn katana, he finally dropped it.
 Leviathan.Duzell
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-03-27 01:31:23  
Its possible its a 100% increase in the "chance" to increase TH, so if your base chance is 20% you go up to 40%. BTW dont take those #s seriously i dont know the base chance off hand I just picked a random #.

And gratz on the hocho, im still after mine.
By Ophannus 2012-03-27 02:07:49  
Yeah if the base rate of increase TH is X% on a SA/TA and you have 5/5 merits(+100%) then the base rate on SA/TA would then be 2X%.

Problem is that the X is probably like 5-6% and is then reduced exponentially further the higher the current TH level is on the mob is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Supahkronic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Supahkronic 2012-03-27 02:19:53  
Well, I wasn't stacking Feint and Sneak Attack either. I used them independently. Which from the description given:

Quote:
Additional merit points no longer reduce recast time, but instead raise the chance of Treasure Hunter leveling up by 25% per point.

That would lead to the assumption that every 2 minutes, you would be able to upgrade the Treasure Hunter by 1 at a 100% activation rate.

That may seem a little overkill, especially on a monster like PW or AV that have a 2 hour timer.... TH119 or GTFO!

But, I'm going to test it out a bit more. Eyeballing, I would say Sneak Attack increases my TH roughly 80% of the time if used independently depending on the target. Certain NMs I can't seem to get more than 1-2 upgrades during the course of the fight, other times, I am able to jump it 4-5 times in a matter of minutes. So, maybe using Feint in conjunction with Sneak Attack is the way to go.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-27 02:44:51  
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Feint
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-03-27 03:24:12  
The way it was explained to me is pretty much what ophannus said.

If you have TH10 on a mob,and the chance up to upgrade to to TH11 is 5%,then with full merits,you'd have a 10% chance to upgrade.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-03-29 14:36:40  
Now that some time has passed, how do you guys feel about 5/5 Feint?

I've been using it for the last couple of days and it's been really underwhelming so far. An increase from x% to 2x% wouldn't be eyeballable when x is small but I still have yet to see any procs when I apply Feint and subsequently do an SA and a TA, which is pretty disappointing.

My experience has been very different from Supahkronic's so I'm curious if folks are typically seeing the results he is and I'm just stuck on the crap end of randomness.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-29 15:16:47  
TH has extremely minimal effect after TH2. When this update came, I took all but 1 merit out of feint and put them all into aura-steal/assassin's charge. If your THF is only a TH mule, merit feint 5/5, otherwise use your merits on something useful.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 15:19:30  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
TH has extremely minimal effect after TH2. When this update came, I took all but 1 merit out of feint and put them all into aura-steal/assassin's charge. If your THF is only a TH mule, merit feint 5/5, otherwise use your merits on something useful.
So 90% of thfs should 5/5 feint haha.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-29 15:20:28  
Fupafighters said: »
So 90% of thfs should 5/5 feint haha.
There are some people who take the job seriously :)
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-03-29 15:46:38  
adding additional merits into feint doesnt increast the activation rate. it doesnt say that in the description. it just says that feint will increase the rate by 25%. meaning your nest attack has a 35% chance of increasing the TH. thats what i took from that
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-03-29 17:02:13  
This is more or less how I feel about it, but I do like having all possible TH available when I want to TH something.

Also, and this might be the most compelling reason to 5/5 Feint, moving points into the other options is of fairly small benefit. ie, I have 5/5 Feint, 4/5 AC and 1/5 AS right now and moving points from Feint into AC and/or AS would help a little, but this would be at the cost of having to say "I cannot maximally TH this enemy."
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
By Luthiene 2012-07-06 21:34:13  
I've always wondered one thing about the Feint update. 5/5 into it would double the chances of procing TH. But does this apply only for the hit where you land Feint? Or for the Duration of the evasion down effect? Or both?

I usually stack Feint + SA/TA, but would like to know if I can use SA/TA during feint too to receive the bonus effect? (I hope that made sense)
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-07-06 21:58:51  
Feint 1st, then a solo sa and solo ta with feint on for raising th imo. I wouldnt use all 3 jas at same time personally.

Although I must add I wouldnt bother in a timed event it would be better to stick with sa-ws or ta-ws especially in say dynamis.
By Luthiene 2012-07-06 22:23:23  
by SA/TA I meant separately, I dont remember the last time I stacked them both (more chances of TH proc :P)