What Would You Do?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What would you do?
What would you do?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Omeed
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: omeedg
By Cerberus.Omeed 2009-05-12 10:45:51  
I know this has been done before but this is a specific outrageous example of overpayment (also I'm pretty bored).

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15343&sid=23&stack=0

If you sold this item, would you return the money? If you bought this item, would you try to get your money back, and if so, how?
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-12 10:48:00  
I'd sure as *** try to get it back (that's a ***load of gil omfg) if I was the one overbidding...and I'd return most of it if I was on the receiving end...minus my "honesty fee" lol
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-12 10:49:31  
If I sold it...I buy all the ***I needed before they could find me. If I bought it I would hunt them down! Hypocritical? Yeah, but I always double check what I am buying and for how much.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-12 10:52:52  
That is a lot of currency. I'd for sure try and contact the seller and hope they are fair. If I was the seller I would like to think I would return it but then again I've never seen 4M sitting in my dbox.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-12 10:53:44  
Jimmyjazz said:
That is a lot of currency. I'd for sure try and contact the seller and hope they are fair. If I was the seller I would like to think I would return it but then again I've never seen 4M sitting in my dbox.

I've never seen 4million on any of my chars anywhere lol
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-12 10:54:08  
Clickied for laziness

what the *** was that guy trying to buy? lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-12 10:56:41  
I dunno, it looks fishy. The price they paid was nothing close to it, if it said like 1,000,000 yea but its an exact 4,200,000. So unless there are boots that are above or below that cost that much then i'd understand.

anyways, I wouldn't say anything to the buyer unless they /tell me first for the mistake and then I'd give it back. But if I dont hear anything from the buyer, oh well its mine.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-12 10:59:12  
***, that would be a Mercurial Kris and a Hagun for me on top of the gil I have.
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-05-12 10:59:55
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

After the initial shock of "Holy Hell!" I'd probably wait a few days for a /tell. If he/she acted like a total *** or *** about it, then I'm 4mil richer with a clear conscience. However, if they actually made sense and seemed kind enough, yeah, I'd probably refund it... Well, most of it, anyway. >.>

EDIT: In my paranoia, it looks super like an RMT transaction >.>
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-12 11:03:50  
i'd keep the money and if i bought it
i'd ***myself send a tell to the person who sold it...
if they didnt give money back i'd prolly quit for a month >_> LOL

i sold a Qiqirn sash +1 (60k) for 600k once =D

its the buyers responsibility to double check their bids =D
 Bahamut.Evilswine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-05-12 11:18:36  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=14080

simply missed the correct item because of lag maybe, ***happens.

better return it
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-12 11:26:41  
Yeah pretty sure it's striders too. If you look at the other purchases they bought a Ziska's xbow so obvious they are a THF.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-05-12 11:42:28  
Hmmmm its a 50-50 way to look at this. Do or Dont up to you!

4.2 Mil is alot...Id see it as blood money...wouldn't want some gilbuyers money...get band cause a random stranger hands you a butt load of gil.
"GM Dave... well I'm sorry Aka you still took the money and spent it"
O.o
But people can be stupid...I was I remember one time I was heading to the Bastok AH and I check a persons brazzar and I saw they had single arrows selling for 10 gil each...I thought I was buy a few and procceded to the AH and noticed all my gil was gone and 15 quivers in my inventory.
/facepalm...I didn't ask for the monies back..I was too embarrassed. 8(
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-12 11:49:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Give it a few days to get a tell or message from the guy. If you don't hear from him within a reasonable amount of time then it must have not been that important to him and it's as good as yours.

Nobody can fault you for doing the right thing and waiting it out.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-12 11:53:48  
Eldora zones into Mog house.

"You find 4,200,000 Gil in your Delivery Box for your Trader's Pigaches."

*Eldora shits a brick.*

Also going by Eldora's sales history he/she seems like a new player. Beginner's luck? I doubt they are getting that money back.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-12 12:12:04  
Akajoyroth said:
Hmmmm its a 50-50 way to look at this. Do or Dont up to you!

4.2 Mil is alot...Id see it as blood money...wouldn't want some gilbuyers money...get band cause a random stranger hands you a butt load of gil.
"GM Dave... well I'm sorry Aka you still took the money and spent it"
O.o
But people can be stupid...I was I remember one time I was heading to the Bastok AH and I check a persons brazzar and I saw they had single arrows selling for 10 gil each...I thought I was buy a few and procceded to the AH and noticed all my gil was gone and 15 quivers in my inventory.
/facepalm...I didn't ask for the monies back..I was too embarrassed. 8(

What? Strider boots go for 4-4.5 mil, no reason to throw around the G word here. Honest mistake, hope the buyer can get their gil back.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-05-12 12:12:56  
8( I'm Sorry
LOL
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-12 12:19:16  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
I'd sure as *** try to get it back (that's a ***load of gil omfg) if I was the one overbidding...and I'd return most of it if I was on the receiving end...minus my "honesty fee" lol

Lol honesty fee. There is another possibility that those 2 are the same person or at least friends playing around. I used to see people messing with price history like that all the time back in the day on lakshmi
 Cerberus.Omeed
user: omeedg
By Cerberus.Omeed 2009-05-12 12:20:36  
Blazza said:
Clickied for laziness

My best guess is Strider's Boots: http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=14080

One sold on same date for around that much as the last price in history.

EDIT: Guess I was scooped!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-12 12:24:36  
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Lol honesty fee. There is another possibility that those 2 are the same person or at least friends playing around. I used to see people messing with price history like that all the time back in the day on lakshmi

It's already been pointed out that it was meant for Strider boots. Also, no one in their right mind would try to jack up a price that much for lvl 20 NQ gear.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-12 12:26:07  
Dasva said:
There is another possibility that those 2 are the same person or at least friends playing around. I used to see people messing with price history like that all the time back in the day on lakshmi

I don't notice Epic misbids like that, usually like 50k over or something, except for the retards that like to sell ***to themselves for 1337 gil. OMG SOOOO CLEVER!!! lol
 Asura.Endelig
サーバ: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-05-12 12:32:31  
If you're going to spend 4.2 mil on something take a second to be sure you're bidding on the right thing. This is a pretty pointless mistake and I would be shocked if anyone was really that stupid.

Maybe it's a new strategy for RMT to move large amounts of gil without getting the banhammer. It's just too stupid to be real...
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-12 12:55:04  
Endelig said:
If you're going to spend 4.2 mil on something take a second to be sure you're bidding on the right thing.

This^. I double check amount and item anytime I'm bidding more than like 50k.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-12 12:57:58  
Blazza said:
Clickied for laziness

Jesus christ...
 Lakshmi.Strey
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-05-12 13:22:10  
Haseyo said:
Blazza said:
Clickied for laziness

Jesus christ...

Lol somone miss bought strider boots it looks like /majorfacepalthenfacetable
 Cerberus.Sifridus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-05-12 13:54:19  
If it were me who logged in to find 4m in my delivery box I like to say that I would totally keep it and say tough luck to the ignorant person hitting buttons too fast. However I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep the gil with out feeling bad enough to return the money. On the other hand though I still have no problem saying that if you're in that much of hurry you bid on the wrong item like that, you totally deserve it if the person decides to keep the gil.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-12 13:55:37  
"ahhhh ***"
 Titan.Palesade
サーバ: Titan
user: pale
By Titan.Palesade 2009-05-12 13:55:59  
I had someone buy a 3k item off me for 300k before. I did what others have suggested here... Didn't spend the money for a few days to see if they would contact me. My reasoning was that it wasn't worth my time to seek them out, but if they spent the time to find me, I should give it back.

They did contact me and were super polite... so I gave it back.. even though I was sad because even 300k is a ton of money to me. I can't imagine 4.2 mil. =P
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-12 13:58:48  
Excesspain said:
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

It's already been pointed out that it was meant for Strider boots. Also, no one in their right mind would try to jack up a price that much for lvl 20 NQ gear.

I didnt say he was trying to raise the price. I said he was doing to play around. Ya know show off. And yes it could have been striders it also couldve been a big joke to make people think someone misbid striders too
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-12 14:10:51  
Ludoggy said:
"ahhhh ***"

Most people who overbid notice it as they hit enter...and see what is highlighted. So it come out more as a "HUHNO! NONONO! ***! ***! ***! NO!" all while hitting escape or B/O on a controller. D:
First Page 2