Absolute Virtue
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 14:04:04  
Luthiene said: »
SOrry to wake this post up, but has anyone tried killing AV recently with all the ilvl gear and whatnot? Please tell me your strats if you're successful, we're planning on trying with a small group of friends.

WHM spams cures, THF pokes it, WAR SP1/SP2 Reso or Upheaval and that's about it. The chances of it getting a chance to even use a TP move are pretty remote for a well geared trio, and if you are smart about your skillchains, it won't even get a chance to use a 2-hour.

AV only has ~65K HP and it's quite squishy by today's standards. A well geared 119 DD will be at or near attack cap with just self buffs. I've seen a few 30K+ MS Resolutions.
By Luthiene 2014-10-06 14:21:28  
We went in with THF WHM MNK SAM COR, got it down to about 20%, it benedictioned, and then started spamming Meteor which killed us. As you can see, no WAR involved, should have thought of Mighty Strikes zerg.

Do u think you'd do the whole JoL pet spawning to reduce its Regen? or is it possible to kill without that? Obviously its beneficial, but I dont really feel like waiting around for 30 mins each fight.
By worstplayer 2014-10-06 14:39:45  
did jailer roe at w/end with ls, and AV was just for giggles. had all pops ready so saved a lot of time. had 2 full party's, but half of them were toons. basically, I was sch, threw an impact out there to start, followed by a somewhat decent helix to compensate the regen a lil. didn't really see what dd were doing but we had a thf, mnk, nin + rng. somewhere in there was a 20k sc, plus the damage from ws's. did have a whmuse sacrosanctity, that and amount of ma-def stuff around, it was over in about 45 secs. drops sucked tho. and btw, no love halberd drop from JoL so that stuff not 100%.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 14:40:19  
Luthiene said: »
We went in with THF WHM MNK SAM COR, got it down to about 20%, it benedictioned, and then started spamming Meteor which killed us. As you can see, no WAR involved, should have thought of Mighty Strikes zerg.

Do u think you'd do the whole JoL pet spawning to reduce its Regen? or is it possible to kill without that? Obviously its beneficial, but I dont really feel like waiting around for 30 mins each fight.

If you are unsure about your chances without killing it's regen, have at it, but it's not really necessary.
By gregchiro2013 2014-10-06 15:46:27  
with trust you can solo him.