Best stardiver set
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-05-27 12:19:02  
Drakes

Will change to Phorcys Korazin/Mitts soon.
Is the Rancor Manlte/Justiciar combo better or something I am over looking? Belt seems kinda meh tbh too

Same Changes with Phorcys Korazin/Mitts
Is Windbbuffel belt worth using?
Or anything else I am over looking?
TP set atm
FOr 5hit I have to keep Lancer's body on for Single Hit WSs

TP after I get Phorcys Legs

Throw this together pretty fast I am sure I am over looking something.
Will change to Ganesha's Mala whenever it drops.
By Ophannus 2012-05-27 13:10:51  
Nefarious Collar+Rancorous Mantle will beat out Atheling+Rancorous for both TP and for Drakesbane. When you get Ganesha Mala, should probably use that with Rancorous Mantle. Don't use Justcier's Collar except for Jumps, again until you get Ganesha. Anguinus is fine for Drakesbane, hard to find anything better. I personally use Aesir Ear Pendant instead of Dragonkin for Drakesbane(Not sure if STR+3 earring beats it) but it has 7 attack and 3% conserve TP which is useful.
 Odin.Arkista
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 13:22:31  
Oh man I'm really >< atm, 5/5 on this and man the numbers are not what I thought but my gear still needs some work can anyone post what kinda numbers they are getting?
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-27 14:08:11  
Should use stardiver over drakes tho.
As for the belt slot, i'm using wanion belt from provenance (str and dex +7 i think), no idea if this beats anguinus tho.

Also, for tp build (im not using a 507 weapon delay, so not 100% sure) but think you'd benefit more from phorcys head and some DA grip, instead of af3 head and stp grip.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-27 14:11:45  
Odin.Arkista said: »
Oh man I'm really >< atm, 5/5 on this and man the numbers are not what I thought but my gear still needs some work can anyone post what kinda numbers they are getting?
You mean on stardiver?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-27 14:31:20  
Is WAR sub needed in VW for DRG these days? My total attack felt really low (1200 /SAM, Red Curry, Chaos Roll and Stalwarts) I just kept parsing like crap hitting maybe 1200 average stardivers on Quilin. Polearm is 390 but still... Gah

Maybe berserk and capping polearm skill would help greatly. But I'm assuming the issue is mostly attack?
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-27 14:32:41  
Yeah, you should be going /WAR since hit-builds have somewhat less value with regain atmacites.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 15:23:54  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Odin.Arkista said: »
You mean on stardiver?
lol ya this thread is about stardiver.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-27 15:24:12  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Yeah, you should be going /WAR since hit-builds have somewhat less value with regain atmacites.

Alright then, TP gain was unreal with a 5 hit build, and save tp kicking in. Probably don't need it like you said.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-27 15:25:42  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Alright then, TP gain was unreal with a 5 hit build, and save tp kicking in. Probably don't need it like you said.
Well, of course, Berserk and attack bonus traits are really helpful towards increasing your attack too. :P
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 15:27:17  
What kind of numbers are you hitting for with stardiver? Inside abyssea not using any str atmas like VV/SS,I'm just using apoc/MC/RR
my stardivers doing 2.3k-3.4k
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-05-27 15:27:27  
You're completely ignoring 10% haste, which is going to be doing more than the attack/da if you're getting buffs.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 15:30:14  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
You're completely ignoring 10% haste, which is going to be doing more than the attack/da if you're getting buffs.
For Abyssea or VW?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-05-27 15:32:24  
For anything? Only time I would ever see /war viable is if you have spirit surge active(capped JA haste)
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 15:38:44  

This is what I'm using atm I need to +2 gear and get a soil gorget and need to get lancer body.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-27 16:10:58  
Need to get out of that Rancor Collar for Stardiver, it's doing nothing at all.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-27 16:13:16  
1.) Equip elemental belt
2.) Equip matching gorget
3.) :3!

Takes less than an hour to farm a gorget, really.
Especially soil because the 10x item is Xzomit.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-27 16:15:42  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
1.) Equip elemental belt

As long as the aerns aren't stingy, yep.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 16:30:26  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
1.) Equip elemental belt

yeah I been farming for gorget shitty drop rates even with th8 stupid aerns
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-27 16:30:47  
^ See, the aerns are the cockblock when it comes to gorgets.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 16:33:46  
I really just hit 99 on DRG last week after sitting at 75 for like 3yrs and have been farming seals/+2 items, Today I got polearm to 390 so was just able to use stardiver,But man drg is so much fun.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 16:36:14  
^ See, the aerns are the cockblock when it comes to gorgets.
Ya I keep getting clusters farming them atm about to head inside the palace.And anyone know what the mods are for spirit/soul jump like Vit is for jump/high jump?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-27 16:43:04  
They don't have one, and VIT doesn't effect High Jump.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-05-27 17:37:30  
For anything? Only time I would ever see /war viable is if you have spirit surge active(capped JA haste)

Indeed; the reason that DRKs use /war so frequently in VW is because Last Resort caps your JA Haste (and lasts the typical duration of a VW fight).
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-27 17:53:15  
But back to what I asked what numbers are people getting with stardiver inside/outside abyssea?
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-05-27 21:11:50  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »

Indeed; the reason that DRKs use /war so frequently in VW is because Last Resort caps your JA Haste (and lasts the typical duration of a VW fight).

Can't say that I agree completely. I've parsed against Dragoons who used /sam on high tier VWNM's like Prov Watcher, Morta, etc.

I remember a post that a linkshell member posted had me at 16% on Provenance Watcher as drg/war and the drg/sam was at 9%. He may have had Hasso but his WS damage and accuracy perhaps were severely lacking compared to mine.

I didn't win the parse, a war and I believe a drk parsed higher than me, I don't remember the rest.

Warrior sub also gives you access to all staff procs which can be useful at times along with a few other club/sword procs that we don't receive when subbing samurai.

Don't get me wrong though, on lower tier VWNM's where your attack and accuracy are capped then /sam will surely win. I'm simply saying that /war has its place.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-28 08:05:32  
What are peoples thoughts on fortis mantle over atheling mantle for Stardiver?

These are my current sets atm, still a few things to get like Ganesha's Mala, HQing a few pieces, probably a second Pyrosoul on Stardiver, and Potestas for Drakes.

TP /SAM TP /WAR Drakesbane Stardiver
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-28 16:50:04  
Ok I am pushing out some crazy numbers in Abyssea on dolls even match to tough dolls without str atmas doing like 3k almost always with str atmas just cause I wanted to see with RR/VV/apoc was doing between 4.5k to 6.6k and I'm still missing a few pieces of gear havent done VW yet since I unlocked stardiver so hope for some good numbers.
By Ophannus 2012-05-28 18:18:33  
Nefarious Collar>Justicier's Torque for Drakesbane I thought. If I have regain moonshade, I don't need Hagneia Stone or Phorcys Head I believe. Which allows me to use AF3+2 head(For the +17ish attack difference). Also Polegrip is the better grip over Claymore even with OAT(Even though it's potency is halved for your TP phase and Jumps with OAT, it still adds to your WS I believe and still increases your overall chance to attacking twice per round(if only 1-1.5%)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-29 08:14:42  
Ophannus said: »
Nefarious Collar>Justicier's Torque for Drakesbane I thought. If I have regain moonshade, I don't need Hagneia Stone or Phorcys Head I believe. Which allows me to use AF3+2 head(For the +17ish attack difference). Also Polegrip is the better grip over Claymore even with OAT(Even though it's potency is halved for your TP phase and Jumps with OAT, it still adds to your WS I believe and still increases your overall chance to attacking twice per round(if only 1-1.5%)

Justiciar's beats Nefa quite a bit actually, supprisingly.

The difference between regain or tp bonus is tiny, regain wins slightly on diver and loses on drakes, and as you start to get more regain the earring starts to lose on both diver and drakes.

You are right on the grip though! I'll go find mine off my mule! Never liked using a claymore grip when holding a pole anyway...
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11