users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Cast Lots?
Cast Lots?
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-10 10:08:23  
I'm sure someone has touched on this subject before, but I would like an opinion.

When you're in an exp party, do you normally cast lots on items without asking, or is there an implied rule that you just let autosort deal with it and focus on the fights?
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-10 10:09:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Unless it's something someone truly needs I always let it auto sort. No time to cast lots. More exp less lots~
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-10 10:10:14  
only cast lots on something you NEED, IE: Crab Apron, Damselfly worm, Magicked skull.

and always ALWAYS ask if you can lot for it.

=D

crystals and seals and other "junk" just let it auto distribute ^^
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-10 10:12:03  
Hikuzo said:
only cast lots on something you NEED, IE: Crab Apron, Damselfly worm, Magicked skull.

=D

This^
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-10 10:22:52  
Ya, we usually let ***fall where it may, if someone asks if they can get something then we usually let them lot and we pass, unless they're like "Hey, I need all the wisteria lumber and tree cuttings, ok?"...then we're like "Uh, no..."

Although, I have asked at the outset if I could have all of a certain kind of crystals...most peeps don't give a ***about water crystals ^^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-10 10:40:47

Usually people ask if they can lot on AHable items, and usually I'm the only one going "No, I'd like that item too" while everyone else is like "Sure, go ahead" and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy for not giving up my share that I worked just as hard for.
 Pandemonium.Kield
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-05-10 10:53:27  
Kield rolls a 698!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-10 10:54:29

Luignata said:
Usually people ask if they can lot on AHable items, and usually I'm the only one going "No, I'd like that item too" while everyone else is like "Sure, go ahead" and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy for not giving up my share that I worked just as hard for.

I keep FFXIAH handy to check on possible mob drop items so nobody cheats their way out of "oh can I have this?" on an expensive item nobody has a clue about. Feigning ignorance is a quick way to get rich and many take advantage of it, so watch out.
 Pandemonium.Kield
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-05-10 10:57:02  
Oh my bad, normally I pass everything.. I don't pass on certain items I want tho, like seals, actually it depends on the day, how I feel and what it is because sometimes I pass everything, sometimes I lot everything and sometimes I don't leave my mog house :D. But for real I normally like to spam lot for like a minute and pass everything right after, you get to see who's the tight *** in the party who then compete lot or complain. xD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-10 10:57:21  
Hikuzo said:

=D

Aside from items like that, another thing I generally don't mind letting someone else grab are Coffer keys for their Job's AF.

Like everyone else has said though, asking to lot on things is the only way things should be being lotted in a pt XD Stuff like Crystals, Seals, etc should just be let to fall.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-10 10:59:25  
I remember someone randomly lotted a Kindred Seal in an exp party...
That party went up in flames. ><;
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 11:00:02  
Kield said:
Oh my bad, normally I pass everything.. I don't pass on certain items I want tho, like seals, actually it depends on the day, how I feel and what it is because sometimes I pass everything, sometimes I lot everything and sometimes I don't leave my mog house :D. But for real I normally like to spam lot for like a minute and pass everything right after, you get to see who's the tight *** in the party who then compete lot or complain. xD

There not being tightasses your being a jackass. From everyone elses perspective your taking everything which is not cool.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-10 12:04:31  
yah Rare/EX stuff ppl usualy lot when they need it, everything else usualy you just let the pool decide who gets it.

IMO

EXP > GIL

^^ cause lvl 10 with 10,000,000 is a loser but a lvl 75 who knows what he is doing and onlu has 10,000 gil

yeah i want him in my party =D

or her ^^
 Phoenix.Boyaci
サーバ: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Boyaci 2009-05-10 12:07:38

Easy way to increase seal drops is to lot them as they fall because only one can be in the pool at a time. Unfortunately, not enough people care or understand their true value for this to be feasible in most xp situations.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-10 12:09:21  
Boyaci said:
Easy way to increase seal drops is to lot them as they fall because only one can be in the pool at a time. Unfortunately, not enough people care or understand their true value for this to be feasible in most xp situations.

hmm best way to geat seals..... level BST to 75 =D
or solo other jobs to 75

100% of the seals are yours =D
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-10 12:32:42  
Thanks for all of the opinions. I was curious because in at least 95% of the exp parties I'm in, we usually just autosort unless it's something that a person asks for. Sometimes we'll have a person who has 27 seals and needs 3 more for an ODS run or something. Never had a problem with it.

It's the times when you have someone who just wants to lot anything and everything, and then when you ask them not to, they get bent out of shape over it.

So basically, I'm looking for the "unspoken but normally understood" rule of treasure pools in exp parties. I think you all have given me the answer.

Thanks ^^
 Lakshmi.Primemas
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: primemas
By Lakshmi.Primemas 2009-05-10 12:32:52  
Hikuzo said:
Boyaci said:

or solo other jobs to 75

You sir fail lol you BSt lover.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 12:32:56  
Hikuzo said:
Boyaci said:

or solo other jobs to 75

Fact get so much solo meriting on blm
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-05-10 12:37:37  
Primemas said:
Hikuzo said:
Boyaci said:

or solo other jobs to 75

You sir fail lol you BSt lover.

haha im only 31 BST

and thats cause i wanted seals LOL

Under Observation FTW! ^^
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-05-10 12:49:44  
Boyaci said:

This is news to me. I'm 100% certain I've had multiple seals in pool before.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-05-10 12:51:59  
Boyaci said:

Wow. I actually never knew this. That's quite interesting.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-10 13:25:37  
Azulmagia said:
Boyaci said:

This is news to me. I'm 100% certain I've had multiple seals in pool before.

I know I've had multiple seals in the pool before.. because it happened to me about 20min ago >_>

2x Beastmen Seal, 1x Kindred Seal.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-05-10 14:51:29  
Most people don't want to be forced to lot on things in an exp group. The sheer pace of drops makes constantly opening the lot menu and making sure you haven't missed something a huge pain in the ***. (Not to mention detracts from burn party efficiency because you're spending a lot of your time checking the drop menu.)

If you lot on something that has value (like a seal) without asking, you're forcing everyone else in the party who might want that seal to drop what they're doing and make sure to lot before it falls to you. That's not exactly gracious and pretty self-centered.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 14:58:01  
Jaerik said:
Most people don't want to be forced to lot on things in an exp group. The sheer pace of drops makes constantly opening the lot menu and making sure you haven't missed something a huge pain in the ***. (Not to mention detracts from burn party efficiency because you're spending a lot of your time checking the drop menu.)

If you lot on something that has value (like a seal) without asking, you're forcing everyone else in the party who might want that seal to drop what they're doing and make sure to lot before it falls to you. That's not exactly gracious and pretty self-centered.

exactly!!!
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-10 14:58:21

Jacinda said:
Thanks for all of the opinions. I was curious because in at least 95% of the exp parties I'm in, we usually just autosort unless it's something that a person asks for. Sometimes we'll have a person who has 27 seals and needs 3 more for an ODS run or something. Never had a problem with it.

It's the times when you have someone who just wants to lot anything and everything, and then when you ask them not to, they get bent out of shape over it.

So basically, I'm looking for the "unspoken but normally understood" rule of treasure pools in exp parties. I think you all have given me the answer.

Thanks ^^

When someone in party lots a seal I kick them. Then the rest of us lot the seal and after it sorts we invite that person back or we replace them if they ***.

XP Party = Seals Autosort. Don't whine for seals. It's childish. Everyone could use 3 more seals towards their next run.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-10 15:00:25

Gaea said:

When someone in party lots a seal I kick them. Then the rest of us lot the seal and after it sorts we invite that person back or we replace them if they ***.

XP Party = Seals Autosort. Don't whine for seals. It's childish. Everyone could use 3 more seals towards their next run.

While I agree with this for the most part (although kicking someone from the party is abit harsh of a punishment). I'd simply reprimand them and tell them to let things auto drop to everyone. I think the only exception to this is if someone is extremely unlucky and needs just one or two more seals for LB4.