フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sonic Thrust
Sonic Thrust
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-03 14:23:02  
Hello,

So curious about something that I see a lacking bit of information for...

Does the fTP transfer to other hits?

I've noticed the damage spike being rather weird so I'm wondering how this actually really works.

Does the fTP apply to all mobs hit? Does DA, TA, QA apply individually to each monster hit?

I've seen some numbers be VERY consistent, then I see weird spikes or weird drops in damage here and there...

tl;dr?

Does the fTP apply to all mobs hit including fTP increased via gorgets/belts/mekira?

Is the WS capable of DA/TA/QA on each individual monster hit?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-03 14:30:57  
Each monster hit by the weaponskill is hit by the main hit of the weaponskill + 1.0 fTP for each multiattack thereafter like any other weaponskill. DA/TA/QA proccing individually on each monster hit by the weaponskill is obscure and boring to test, but unlikely in my own opinion, but it isn't a fact that I've ever seen tested.
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-03 15:29:14  
Hmm.

Thank you for that answer on that fTP!

Reason I was curious about it was simply due to belt/neck options of Windbuffet and Ganesha's Mala.

I was wondering if using that would outweigh what Soil Gorget/Belt would give overall.
By Ophannus 2012-03-09 22:16:19  
I've always been fascinated with Sonic Thrust. Maybe it's just me but it seems to always do unusually high damage which makes me feel like it has a cRatio bonus, could just be the high fTP though. Sometimes when I fight multiple mobs in a row in Dynamis or in Abyssea I notice the damage varies wildly sometimes hitting the same or similar mob types for 1300-2500 which seems strange to me compared to other AoE WS like Fell Cleave which produce similar damage on the targets it hits. Maybe I'll go out to Mis Coast and Sonic Thrust groups of Colibri and report back. Cuz yeah when I Sonic Thrust like 4-5 mobs in a group there's always one or two that take like 500-600 damage more than the others and wondered if DA proc'd or something.