Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 859 860 861

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-10-09 22:57:23  
Odin.Calipso said: »
When you server transfer, you get the option to transfer multiple characters at once to any different worlds. The main idea is to:
1) Have character Y with gil on original server.
2) Make character X on server with HQ.
3) Make an agreement with the person you're buying from (more on this later) - more for their safety than yours (they can GM you if you don't come through).
4) Have crafter trade character X whatever you're buying.
5) Log off and perform server transfers. Again, you can transfer multiple characters at once. Transfer character Y to to crafter's server with the gil to pay, and transfer character x back to your original server.

If all goes through well, both characters will transfer at once and you'll end up with your hq piece back on your own server and the character with gil on the crafters server. However, this means that someone (who you probably don't know) has to trade you a really expensive piece of gear w/o any gil first, and needs to take your word that you're going to complete the server xfer and pay. Again, if there's an agreement in game and you don't follow through, you can be GM'd. It's a bit of an uncomfortable situation for some people to be in, so either sticking it out 90 days or using 2 accounts might have to be the way to go.

(Hope I explained that so it makes sense!)

Thank you!

I was under the impression that newly created characters had to wait 3 months to transfer, but this is good news for me :)
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-09 23:33:26  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

Thank you!

I was under the impression that newly created characters had to wait 3 months to transfer, but this is good news for me :)

Not so far as I know. New accounts period might have a restriction on them? But I personally just transferred 2 brand new mules on old accounts to buy something off a different server.
By Gimpness 2012-10-09 23:40:48  
The content ID has to have been active for 90 days I think (well, not active... but existed). The character can be new, though.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-09 23:41:18  
Why does my character lock/freeze when I pull to cleave? :( It's really annoying and a lot of the time I'm completely stuck for minutes at at time or until I diaga with my mule or something. Is there anything I can do to stop that?

(As in, I'll pull them all, engage, and my character will just completely freeze and I can't move or do anything)
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-09 23:46:28  
Gimpness said: »
The content ID has to have been active for 90 days I think (well, not active... but existed). The character can be new, though.

Quote:
The World Transfer service can be used any number of times and, while there are no restrictions regarding the number of times each character can be transferred, you may not use this service under the following conditions:
- 90 days have not passed since the date of the previous World Transfer.
- 90 days have not passed since the first acquisition of a FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID.

That's off the main ffxi page. So looks like new accounts only can't transfer. But old accounts with new content IDS can. (I had to make 2 entirely new content IDs for my two mules that I just transfered, I didn't have any open slots or any characters I wanted to/or could delete).
By Gimpness 2012-10-09 23:49:39  
To the cleave question... it's lag and spell lock and blah blah blah. Too many things hitting you so you can't perform an action... though on your mule it probably shows you engaged. If you don't pull *that* many it shouldn't happen.

And that's good to know, thought the actual ID had to be active for 90 days :o

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-10-10 02:07:08  
Why does my character lock/freeze when I pull to cleave? :( It's really annoying and a lot of the time I'm completely stuck for minutes at at time or until I diaga with my mule or something. Is there anything I can do to stop that?

(As in, I'll pull them all, engage, and my character will just completely freeze and I can't move or do anything)

I try to engage one during the pull (or right before)... unlock and pull em back while engaged, then just relock on and face them, back up a bit and you're ready to ws
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-10 02:31:19  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
What gloves is General Najelith using?

And are they attainable?

Pretty sure those are just Nashira model gloves?
 Asura.Bluespoons
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-10-10 15:23:47  
Ok so my East Saruta is STILL *** up. I got to log back on after the first crash and zone out myself today, but the last time it happened, I had to have a friend log me on and move me out of the zone because I'd crash again before my char even loaded.

I've done file checks 5 or 6 times since this started happening. The first time was the only time that had any bad files. I repaired them and had no issues for a week but now it happens every time I go to the zone again.

Do I need to reinstall? What's going on and what did I break ; ;
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-10 15:40:46  
Could try to figure out what dats the zone are, and have someone resend them to you. (Or just have someone send you all the dats period if it's not too much work). At one point switching some gear/face dats, I replaced something wrong along the way, and Kazham was totally broken. Every time I tried zoning into it, I'd crash. File check didn't work. I couldn't figure out wth I did so I ended up just replacing all my dats.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-10-10 15:43:11  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
What gloves is General Najelith using?

And are they attainable?

Look up Tide gages etc, they share the same model and are buyable on the AH.
 Asura.Bluespoons
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-10-10 15:46:22  
Could try to figure out what dats the zone are, and have someone resend them to you. (Or just have someone send you all the dats period if it's not too much work). At one point switching some gear/face dats, I replaced something wrong along the way, and Kazham was totally broken. Every time I tried zoning into it, I'd crash. File check didn't work. I couldn't figure out wth I did so I ended up just replacing all my dats.

I had a friend change avatar dats for me (I fail at that) but that was almost a year ago but are just now causing issues and the only thing I have changed at all. They could have broken something in the zone?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-12 02:38:48  
Asura.Bluespoons said: »

I had a friend change avatar dats for me (I fail at that) but that was almost a year ago but are just now causing issues and the only thing I have changed at all. They could have broken something in the zone?

I'm not sure :( (sorry for the late reply!) Afaik zone dats don't even share the same folders as gear dats, but it's possible if you ruined a gear dat that an npc in the zone uses, it *** things up? At least I assumed that's what happened with me.

On a completely unrelated note, both me and my friend can't get verification emails. (I'm trying to add a new character, and he's trying to create a totally new account). Not in my spam folder, either. Was there a notice I missed about this or should I be poking a mod or something?
 Siren.Calnus
サーバ: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-10-12 12:33:09  

What is the name of this furniture item? o.o; I can't find it for the life of me.
By Robbie 2012-10-12 12:56:44  
Bonbori
 Lakshmi.Raksha
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2012-10-12 13:34:27  

Wouldn't file check have overwritten those dat swaps anyway?
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-12 15:01:57  
Lakshmi.Raksha said: »

Wouldn't file check have overwritten those dat swaps anyway?

Nope. At least none of the dat swaps I've ever done. Ever version updates don't change them, though occasionally I'll lose like half my idle stance.
By sleepstudy 2012-10-12 15:19:06  
How does skill up food relted to singing / wind / string skill? Im assuming it works with the magic food, but which food? All non-offensive magic? Offensive magic???
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-10-12 15:41:11  
Ok so my East Saruta is STILL *** up. I got to log back on after the first crash and zone out myself today, but the last time it happened, I had to have a friend log me on and move me out of the zone because I'd crash again before my char even loaded.

I've done file checks 5 or 6 times since this started happening. The first time was the only time that had any bad files. I repaired them and had no issues for a week but now it happens every time I go to the zone again.

Do I need to reinstall? What's going on and what did I break ; ;
This reminds me of my broken Gustav Tunnel. I had to reinstall entirely if I remember right.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-12 21:58:54  
When i submit a gm call dose this count as contacting the SE support team seeing as i had to make a call last night and i checked my email like 10min a go and i got an email from se 1 hour a go about contacting the support team something sounds off what should i do.

this is really important should i change my password to be safe
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-12 22:02:53  
sleepstudy said: »
How does skill up food relted to singing / wind / string skill? Im assuming it works with the magic food, but which food? All non-offensive magic? Offensive magic???
Magic food. No need to differentiate between offensive or non, the food helps with both.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-10-13 02:03:36  
As THF how should I be using Assassin's Charge? I know the job ability delay will cancel any benefit the triple attack would give me but curious to know is it good to use for forcing triple attack on weapon skills? and if so which ones.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-10-13 19:41:42  
What's a good leg piece for a BLU cure set besides Desultor Tassets?

Edit: And besides Morrigan's / anything that comes from VW.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-10-13 19:51:28  
praeco-slacks or magavan legs
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-10-13 19:59:42  
As long as I can catch some on the AH, praeco slacks it is. Thanks.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-10-13 20:08:40  
I can't seem to find the actual formula for Magic Fruit. Trying to see how healing magic skill compares to vit/mnd.

Edit: Looks like even with the increased worth of mnd and vit in the formula, healing magic still easily outweighs small amounts of each (provided Furen's cure calculator is accurate).
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 859 860 861