Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 775 776 777 ... 836 837 838
By Flatliner 2023-03-14 11:53:01  
What's the minimum gear I can use to get the 15k magic damage objective in omen on a mastered GEO? Like, would nq EA gear + a few other nq pieces off the AH work or do I need to put in more effort than that? I do have Idris if that makes a difference.

My GEO currently has 0 nuking gear and I need to farm some job cards while the event is going. Just trying to make it easier.
By Foxfire 2023-03-14 12:42:04  
Using a mix of empyrean +2 and agwu's at R0 (with bunzi/ammurapi) is enough for me to hit 15k with acumen/malaise.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 14:51:57  
Is there a lua out there that dumps the dbox.

It's such an irritating thing to waste 10 minutes on.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-03-14 16:12:26  
If I activate my account for a day, do some stuff, and then cancel it, will SE only charge me the minimum? Or will they keep the account active and charge me until the end of the month?
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2023-03-14 16:13:32  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
If I activate my account for a day, do some stuff, and then cancel it, will SE only charge me the minimum? Or will they keep the account active and charge me until the end of the month?

They're going to charge you for the whole month and keep it active until the end of the month.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 16:14:37  

Activating is for a whole 30 days, can't pay for a couple days on the first character. Works for mules but only if the main is already active.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-03-14 16:17:11  
Asura.Crevox said: »

They're going to charge you for the whole month and keep it active until the end of the month.

Gah, I thought so. I can activate at the end of the month and then cancel, though? Does SE cut it off on the 31st? Or would they just keep it active for a whole month anyway?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 16:23:06  
30 days from the day you activate. It's not per month like 1st-30th.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-14 16:56:31  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Would you say it's more worth it to focus 5/5 in the Merited WSes across 3 WS or focus a couple for highly played jobs and then just get 1 in there to have the WSes just to have the option on others?
You can actually unlock FIVE merit WS, if you faithfully did all your monthly deeds (if you haven't, you better start!)

Concerning your question I'd say it depends on the reason why you're getting the merit WS.

Is it because it's actually a very good damage WS? Go 5/5.
Is it because it's a cool option to open SCs or for its properties? (like Plague on Shijin Spiral for instance).
Then 1/5 will be enough, damage is a secondary aspect in that case.

Whoa, what? Do the momthlies from RoE? Give me the 4-1-1 on that please. Do they just straight up let you have 10 more merits in the WS category or what?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-14 16:59:32  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Primer_on_Martial_Techniques
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Treatise_on_Martial_Techniques

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/A.M.A.N._Validator
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-14 17:06:01  

Hot damn!!!!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 17:21:50  
It will take you 18 months and 2 years to get there, if you start now, so, I mean, yeah.

Only reason I didn't mention it, if you don't have it, no point bringing it up.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-03-14 17:45:07  
I wish they’d give us a deed makeup campaign. I’ve been lazy and am sitting at 80 deeds so far
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-03-14 17:54:16  
Deeds give all sorts, from trusts, to pulse weapons, to more merit weaponskills. There's no reason not to do them, unless you're like me and had to reset because you already got all the main things. They don't take long to complete and gives free stuff for easy tasks.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-14 17:59:16  
I forgot how many I've accumulated on the character I care about. I do know that when I got clued into doing them for working towards the Monbereaux Trust, I couldn't even do all of them at lower levels (Like Return to Delkfutt's Tower).

I probably should have done more. I think I have maybe 120. A campaign for them would definitely be nice, considering how good the rewards are (while simultaneously not being that big of a deal).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-03-14 18:04:11  
SE did it this way for deeds on purpose to keep people logged into the game for the long term, and to give them extra monthly tasks to do. You just have to get into the habit of "doing your monthlies". This includes all the AMAN Trove (Silver Voucher) stuff, too. Do all that across several characters, and it's a day's worth of content you can solo for free stuff. If they made that too easy, RMTs and others would abuse it.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-14 19:37:56  
I find it enjoyable, gives me a reason to do certain content randomly for fun. You will get to a point that you don't care about the deeds anymore once you collect the stuff worth collecting. In all honesty, Monbearoux is kinda crap.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 19:49:36  
Deeds for the normies is all brainless stuff you should be doing automatically except that damn grow and harvest.

Most of them take less than a minute. And you should have access to all the htmb as a normal player

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-14 20:00:17  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Deeds for the normies is all brainless stuff you should be doing automatically except that damn grow and harvest.

Most of them take less than a minute. And you should have access to all the htmb as a normal player

Eiryl over here entering HTMBs at level 94-!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 20:16:52  
I'd expect anyone that plays more than 1 day to be 99 at this stage of the game really.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-14 21:07:27  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'd expect anyone that plays more than 1 day to be 99 at this stage of the game really.
Pretty hard on a new character to do that. Even if you already kinda know where you're going, having to do level cap quests every 5 levels (one of which requires you to get at least up to the Magicite mission as well), chocobo and mount quests, getting Home Point Warps. And if you want to enjoy the grind even the tiniest bit, you need to level more slowly to maintain skills, get gear, maybe farm a couple NMs...

I mean yeah if you skip that stuff and are already running your 12th box through and already know the optimal path so you're practically speed-running the game and power-leveling yourself in Escha, it won't take long.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-14 21:21:11  
meh the only break of any consequence is the beastmen crests in the strongholds

No missions no quests just get 3 trusts and go nuts. Shanttoto II if you're lucky to start when she's up.

I wish they would do "no limit break" campaigns, that would totally get new people to come try it out and not be abused at all.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-03-15 01:58:52  
Monbereaux is awesome. He and Ygnas are my main healer trusts. Best thing about Monbereaux is he uses items (he brings his own), not magic, so getting silenced won't matter. Doesn't get hurt much by other status effects, and he erases debuffs quickly with his panacea. He's also fairly hard to kill and generates so little enmity. If you're a thief you can use him to Trick Attack on without worry.

You can feed his npc items to temporarily boost his trust even more, but it's not really worth it unless you're doing an extremely difficult solo fight. I never use him as my only healer though. Pair him with Cherukiki, Apururu, Yoran or Ygnas and you'll be harder to kill. My only gripe is he looks so damn ordinary lol, but he's actually very unique as the games sole Chemist. He's worth doing deeds for.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-15 02:18:49  
I just got a new PC and with everything maxed some random stuff still causes lag... Randomly in Adoulin, maybe the smoke or something. When a mob casts meteor or comet, so random.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-03-15 09:04:53  
I thought someone had here a dat swap fix for the smoke? not sure though?

As always dgvoodoo helps, but ffxi is still a single threaded task and I suspect some stuff is just so inherently buggy it will lag spike even on a new pc. I dat swap all fetters for example, no matter what I do they are one of my few lag sources on my (very old) pc.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-15 17:30:20  
How exactly does Rupsix's plate cooldown work? I was under the impression that you only gained time twards charging it while your shiny plate was ready, however noticed last night that the ruspix plate cooldown was going down even when my shiny plate was on cooldown.

Does it work off of a similar cooldown as shiny plate on top of the stored time mechanic that simply reduces it further?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-03-15 20:41:21  
Asura.Bynebill said: »
How exactly does Rupsix's plate cooldown work? I was under the impression that you only gained time twards charging it while your shiny plate was ready, however noticed last night that the ruspix plate cooldown was going down even when my shiny plate was on cooldown.

Does it work off of a similar cooldown as shiny plate on top of the stored time mechanic that simply reduces it further?
It does only charge when your normal plate is ready. When your normal plate is off cooldown, then the time before you can use your Ruspix plate is going down not because your Ruspix plate is charging, but because your normal plate is becoming closer to full, meaning it takes less of a charge on your Ruspix to fill it up. Think of the Ruspix Plate like a time battery that you are only able to use when it will charge your normal plate to 100%.

For example, if you have 1000 seconds on your Ruspix plate, and your normal plate is 2000 seconds away from full, you'll be told that you're 1000 seconds away from being able to use your Ruspix plate to instantly charge your normal plate. If you wait 500 seconds, your Ruspix plate is still at 1000 seconds, but because your normal plate is now 1500 seconds from full, you'll be told you are 500 seconds away from being able to use your Ruspix plate.

I don't know why SE made this system so much more complicated than any of the other KI systems.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-17 01:10:40  
What are some decent stopgap accessories at 99 for TP/WS phase and such? Mainly thinking Rings/Earrings/Capes to try on/out/get prior to Ambu capes and other stuff.

I'm really not well versed in the game post entry to Adoulin kinds of stuff.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
サーバ: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-03-17 04:31:19  
Sacro Mantle, would be a great piece if Ambu didn't exist.
Still good for hybrid MACC/ATK/DEX for Shijin I guess
First Page 2 3 ... 775 776 777 ... 836 837 838