Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 770 771 772 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-06 09:27:00  
Asura.Geriond said: »
A long time ago, I remembe that SE reduced drop rates from mobs that are killed simultaneously with AoEs; does anyone know which patch that was?

I don't recall that being a thing. Only reducing AOE procs for old dynamis. (which reduces aoe kill drops, but not like that)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-06 09:45:06  
Yeah, this was older than that. It was in response to people AoE farming in like 2006 or something and SE not liking it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-02-06 09:49:08  
I remember being told about it having just happened when I was farming Yagudo Bead Necklaces, so it was very very early. I went back to the 2005 update announcements and didn't see anything.
By Serjero 2023-02-06 09:49:16  
It was in relation to raw gil drops from Beastmen not items IIRC.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-06 09:50:12  
It'll be in here... Just click every month.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/backnumber.html

(unless its pre 2005)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-06 11:49:30  
They're over as of jp midnight last night.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-06 14:42:59  
I used to have a modified version of the Timers plugin on Windower where it didn't show me any durations and it didn't have any of the fancy bars, only counting down clocks. I accidentally hit a buton and it seems to have reset everything and I don't know how to get it back.

I liked being able to see at a glance some of my cooldowns, but I can't stand the default plugin that takes up like 25% of my screen with blinky colours. Can anyone help with that?
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2023-02-06 14:49:40  
Windower/Plugins/Settings/timers.xml, set enablebuffs to false, graphicalmode to false, slimmode to true, as below.

There might be more you need to change, but the names are fairly descriptive.
Code
<settings>
    <global>
        <EnableBuffs>false</EnableBuffs>
        <GraphicalMode>false</GraphicalMode>
        <SlimMode>true</SlimMode>
    </global>
</settings>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-08 07:55:45  

Mine doesn't look like that. I'll try adding those items and see what happens.

EDIT: But it worked! Thanks!
 Carbuncle.Nessia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ProfNES
By Carbuncle.Nessia 2023-02-10 23:10:31  
Been grinding DRG levels with RDM as sub, and I tend to use some DoT or other as a pull, but I've been noticing lately that, with frequency, I'll get "interrupted" and then be "unable to cast" for a few seconds even though
- I am out of combat
- I have no damage-ticking status
- I have no aggro
- target is standing still, in range
- I am standing still
I swear it wasn't this bad grinding WAR with RDM. Is there something else in the game active-mechanical that causes this? E.g. too-heavy armor, 2-handed weapon, regen ticks, enemy status, weather, etc? Or is it just XI being XI and maybe dropping packets on the server's 56k telemodem?
 Shiva.Carrelo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2023-02-10 23:45:33  
Carbuncle.Nessia said: »
Been grinding DRG levels with RDM as sub, and I tend to use some DoT or other as a pull, but I've been noticing lately that, with frequency, I'll get "interrupted" and then be "unable to cast" for a few seconds even though
- I am out of combat
- I have no damage-ticking status
- I have no aggro
- target is standing still, in range
- I am standing still
I swear it wasn't this bad grinding WAR with RDM. Is there something else in the game active-mechanical that causes this? E.g. too-heavy armor, 2-handed weapon, regen ticks, enemy status, weather, etc? Or is it just XI being XI and maybe dropping packets on the server's 56k telemodem?
Having a DoT on you won't ever interrupt spellcasting — only physical damage can interrupt.

Your issue is most likely movement related. There is a delay between client-side updates to position (i.e. when you see your character move or stop running) and server-side updates to position (i.e. where the server thinks you are).

If you start casting too soon after moving (before your server-side position updates), the game will have logged you as starting your cast in one position and finishing it in another. Because the positions don't match, you get interrupted. If you're lagging, the updates are slower and you'll notice the issue more often with spells/ranged attacks.

There is one silver lining to the way that movement-based interruption works: as long as you're stationary when you start casting, you can actually move a few steps right before the spell goes off without being interrupted (since your new client-side position hasn't been reflected on the server yet).

For spells with very long cast times, you can also run around (or get hit with knockback) in the middle of casting and avoid being interrupted as long as you return to the exact position where you started casting the spell before it finishes. (Edit: this technically also works for spells that cast more quickly, it's just more difficult to pull off when you have less time to run back)
 Bahamut.Habs
サーバ: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2023-02-11 07:55:07  
hiyas
i have a weird sort of question.
it concerns the prismatic chest.
not the one from aman but the one for your mog.
last month mimic first chest mimic second chest.same month before that.
this mnth nothing from the mars,i place the prismatic chest in my mog...and got two items of gear from a thud.doing a venus.
and i didnt hit any mimics for the first time in mnths....

so the question: anybody data mine this thing we just got?
or is this some new thing in my head.that i cant live without?
and yes i still have my trump crown.
so what :P
By waffle 2023-02-11 13:52:13  
Just in case this isn't already known, I can confirm that Domain Invasion points cap out at 99,999.
[+]
By Rips 2023-02-11 15:44:43  
waffle said: »
Just in case this isn't already known, I can confirm that Domain Invasion points cap out at 99,999.

Alpha.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-02-12 13:46:56  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
How do I get my monitor to stop kicking my characters out of full screen when I turn my monitor off to go to bed?

My last monitor I just upgraded from had no problems when I shut it off, I come back in the morning and everyone was still full screen.

I'm not sure where I should look to see if I accidentally changed something or other.

option 1:
use hdmi, displayport spec is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and loses edid data when you power the monitor off

option 2:
leave the monitors on and let software turn them off after 5 min or w.e(windows has built in options)

option 3:
use dgvoodoo and they won't crash when your monitor reshapes desktop
By DaneBlood 2023-02-12 15:41:02  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
How do I get my monitor to stop kicking my characters out of full screen when I turn my monitor off to go to bed?

My last monitor I just upgraded from had no problems when I shut it off, I come back in the morning and everyone was still full screen.

I'm not sure where I should look to see if I accidentally changed something or other.

option 1:
use hdmi, displayport spec is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and loses edid data when you power the monitor off

option 2:
leave the monitors on and let software turn them off after 5 min or w.e(windows has built in options)

option 3:
use dgvoodoo and they won't crash when your monitor reshapes desktop

Option 4:
Try with a registry fix to stop windows DP behavioer
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM]
"UseIViewHelper"=dword:00000000
"TMMRestrictionOverride"=dword:00000000
"PollingInterval"=dword:00000000

Full disclosure. I used dgdvoodoo for the added stabiltiy of the game and the above registry fix as well o avoid dekstop icons being moved around whem i turn of a monitor
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-02-13 05:59:05  
DaneBlood said: »
Option 4:
Try with a registry fix to stop windows DP behavioer
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM]
"UseIViewHelper"=dword:00000000
"TMMRestrictionOverride"=dword:00000000
"PollingInterval"=dword:00000000

This doesn't work, it seems like you just googled the issue and took an answer without actually looking into it. This setting disables some of the processes used when disconnecting and connecting secondary monitors, so that view state remains. If you are having issues related to icons moving or projection setting changing it may be helpful for that. He didn't even say he had a second monitor, though.

However, the spec for DP will not send EDID data at all when the monitor is powered off. This setting does nothing to help with that issue, as windows will still alter resolution and crash FFXI without dgvoodoo.

Post deleted by User.
By Rips 2023-02-14 14:57:51  
Where did we get the information of the new Moglification: A.M.A.N. being a 2% increase to orb recharges from? I can't find that confirmation.

It doesn't match my findings.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-14 15:03:57  
There is no such information.

I said 2% because it's currently 1% (5%) and "increased" means 1% more (as a joke)
By Rips 2023-02-14 15:20:26  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
There is no such information.

I said 2% because it's currently 1% (5%) and "increased" means 1% more (as a joke)

Well someone plugged that joke into the BGwiki section describing it lmao.

I have Greyson recharging at a solid 10% instead of 5% with 140 orbs so far.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-14 15:27:02  
You can see who put it there. Funk just threw it up there probably because it says "slightly" and not "doubles"

You can change it to 5%, anyone can edit the wiki.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-16 19:32:34  
What's the best method for gaining Cruor quickly?

Are there RoEs for Abyssea?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-16 19:33:36  
"Quickly" Logwatch. You get 5k-10k per kill double if you got the ki's. Amplified by up to 3x if you hit a proc or burn cells.

So like you can nab a super fast half mil in like 30 minutes.

There are RoE's but they're pointless ones, kill 10 in zone.
By Draylo 2023-02-16 21:13:43  
Just trade your copper vouchers and get a lot of them, then you can get them easily thru Abyssea or VW as you do it
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 770 771 772 ... 836 837 838