Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 764 765 766 ... 834 835 836
By Draylo 2022-12-20 20:43:47  
Yeah and doesn't he ask for login info? Big nono for me, someone start up the biz! I'll only participate for code lamps lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-22 10:59:31  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
If I have traded my chocobo whistle to the mount guy, is there any reason I should keep the whistle?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure you can just get another one if you really needed it for any reason.

Though it could save you in the event your Mount is on cooldown for those few precious seconds and you had to hop off for some reason. But that's not a great reason to suffer Inventory -1.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-26 07:32:28  
what is the mog house ovni / ufo called? The furnishing
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-26 07:36:03  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Yovra_Replica
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-29 16:12:27  
What's the absorb rate for the abyssea sachet ammo pieces?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-29 16:17:24  
It's 1% or 5%

Jpwiki says 3~5

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-01 18:18:43  
Change buffs to make it work > change jobs > Zantet/Almace/Sakpata/Naeg it kinda doesn't matter

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-01 19:12:59  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
If you were to not sub Thibron on a Tizona, which sword would you recommend?

I mean unless you're fighting something that requires the DPS from TP Bonus Offhand, I would fulltime Sakpata's Sword for just about everything. R30 comes with:

+75 attack
+55 Accuracy/Magic Accuracy
Refresh +3
+100 HP
+40 MP
+15 VIT + MND
+20 MAB
+10 Fast Cast
+5 Phalanx if /rdm
-10% Damage taken

That's REMA level offhand from the gods if I ever saw one. Think I fulltime this beast for pretty much everything, even nukes and whatnot. Even at R25 it's beastly. Would just rock with that for most of the things you do on BLU, personally.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-01 23:48:52  
Still probably the best OH at R0, it's loaded with stats. Tailor made for BLU.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-02 00:26:28  
Asura.Geriond said: »

There are also back pieces from WKRs that absorb by element, as well as Warder Charm.

I’ve often wondered if these effects stack and to what extent. I know the more generic ones that absorb all magic damage don’t stack, but not sure about the element specific ones.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2023-01-02 01:10:14  
RadialArcana said: »
what is the mog house ovni / ufo called? The furnishing

Yovra Replica
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-02 01:25:23  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

There are also back pieces from WKRs that absorb by element, as well as Warder Charm.

I’ve often wondered if these effects stack and to what extent. I know the more generic ones that absorb all magic damage don’t stack, but not sure about the element specific ones.

JP wiki says different terms of absorbing gear stack, but same description items do not.

For example, warders charm and engulfers/wkr mantles do not stack, neither does Tartarus platemail and the same accessories. But apparently the Empyrean set bonus absorb trait carries a different term, so it stacks with the magical absorb trait from the accessories. Then you have individual magic nullification gear that does stack with absorb gear, like shadow ring. So an ideal set would be cap DT, get as much magic evasion as possible, include shadow ring and one absorb accessory, and then for rune or paladin, as much of the Empyrean set bonus pieces as you can fit. If I'm not mistaken, both jobs can get 10% magical absorb (5 from accessory and 5 from set bonus max) and ~13% magic damage nullification, which comes super in handy when tanking things that spawn fetters or something.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2023-01-02 12:43:55  
Is it still worth getting Nirvana? Mine is nearly finished, just don't know how often its used anymore. Thank you in advance :) <3
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-02 18:30:01  
Nirvana still has uses for SMN afaik. The problem is that SMN itself has few uses. I'd finish if you're close because SMN is either bad for an event or incredible for it, so in the future it might be very useful.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-02 18:46:47  
Last I knew Nirvana is only slightly still "the best" unless you can keep AM up. But if you're almost done with it anyway you may as well finish
By Seraphpdh 2023-01-02 20:28:11  
Nirvana is amazing for certain zerg fights, specifically some of the Aeonic HELM fights. It really relies on having the AM3 active for Physical BPs (also Flaming Crush).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-02 21:21:31  
I can't get WHM to skill up past 433 Enhancing skill. (MLevel 45, 8 merits).

BEW Pitaru, Moogle, 4 trusts, Liminus earring, 2x tache gear, etc.

What's up with that?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-02 21:30:37  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

What's up with that?

You hadn't complained yet. That's the catalyst. Now that you have, you're probably capped.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-03 01:18:28  
Seraphpdh said: »
Nirvana is amazing for certain zerg fights, specifically some of the Aeonic HELM fights. It really relies on having the AM3 active for Physical BPs (also Flaming Crush).
Is Nirvana's AM3 such a huge difference for Flaming Crush? I was leaning to think that it's not.

Nirvana with AM3 up is quite a big difference for physical BPs like Volt Strike. Sorta needs a scenario where you can get 3k TP beforehands.
For that sort of scenarios, Nirvana pulls ahead noticeably.
It's also quite better than other options for Flaming Crush (regardless of AM3, I think?).

For magical BPs and support BPs you don't use Nirvana regardless of having it or not, so clearly it's not a thing there.
By Seraphpdh 2023-01-03 05:48:30  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is Nirvana's AM3 such a huge difference for Flaming Crush? I was leaning to think that it's not.
I've seen enough Flaming Crush Zerde parses where the only real difference in gear was Nirvana with AM3 up, and the difference in damage was extremely noticeable, well into the double digit percentages difference. It is easily BIS, but Flaming Crush is only used occasionally.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-03 07:27:25  
lolno that much difference in damage is playerbased, not gearbased.

PlayerA with Nirvana > PlayerA with Was(espiritus/Grid/Grio/Dramstaufer) > PlayerA with an Oak staff > PlayerB with Nirvana

All things being equal, geo ain't *** up, gear is the same, G+R etc
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-03 07:39:59  
I've seen enough Flaming Crush Zerde parses where the only real difference in gear was Nirvana with AM3 up
I've got zero doubt about Nirvana being much better than any other option for Flaming Crush.
I was just questioning AM3 being a key factor in that. It undoubtely is for physical BPs but for Flaming Crush specifically? But I'm not too confident myself so it might as well be!

@Eiryl
I've seen plenty of good nirvana-less players noticeably beating other clueless nirvana-gifted players in parses, but that's an entirely different question.
I was of course assuming equally skilled and equally geared players where the only difference is having or not having a Nirvana.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-03 07:42:54  
FC is a hybrid so the 2x/3x are noticeable (when you can't 99k regardless of AM)
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-03 08:20:42  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

What's up with that?

Buffing trusts uses the same roll as debuffing monsters as far as I know, possibly the trusts are not high enough level for you to reach cap on them?

Maybe try casting it on yourself or going into odyssey for Moogle Mastery(does that technically raise level..?).
By Seraphpdh 2023-01-03 10:43:17  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I've seen enough Flaming Crush Zerde parses where the only real difference in gear was Nirvana with AM3 up
I've got zero doubt about Nirvana being much better than any other option for Flaming Crush.
I was just questioning AM3 being a key factor in that. It undoubtely is for physical BPs but for Flaming Crush specifically? But I'm not too confident myself so it might as well be!
I only have a single real data point there, where the Nirvana SMN accidentally put up AM2 instead of AM3, and the damage between the two SMN was much closer, enough so that we lost that fight. I always assumed getting in all those extra hits, which benefit from all the other stats/buffs (Blood Pact Damage specifically for Flaming Crush) helps a lot. 40% DA chance and 20% TA chance from AM3 is nothing to laugh at, when the 2 hour spam starts... The alternative for AM2 is something like 50-99 pet attack.
First Page 2 3 ... 764 765 766 ... 834 835 836