Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 728 729 730 ... 831 832 833
By Mattelot 2022-01-10 08:41:29  
I never said anything that even insinuates that you care why that thread got sidetracked. I don't think anyone even mentioned why or asked.

I was simply pointing out the hypocritical finger pointing by several people.

I know you came in here saying that you missed when it was about Dev talk, etc. I think that's what started the domino effect. Then others chimed in.

But anyway, I'll just be glad when that whole thing blows over. It's just still clear some are still vexed about it.
 Asura.Snapster
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2022-01-12 14:46:54  
Does anyone have an issue with zones not loading? Sometimes after I change zones, the next zone just doesn't loaded and I'm floating in black space. Can't move and have to restart my game usually to fix it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 14:53:05  
Sounds like you messed with the .dats or are using HD mods. Used to have that problem in Lower Jeuno or Reisinjima. Logging out usually fixes it, or you could unload all of those mods and then figure out which one is causing the issue (I know for a fact I had that same issue when I downloaded the HD monster pack with increased visuals. Ashenbubs might also be an issue).
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-12 15:00:25  
Asura.Snapster said: »
Does anyone have an issue with zones not loading? Sometimes after I change zones, the next zone just doesn't loaded and I'm floating in black space. Can't move and have to restart my game usually to fix it.

Not enough contiguous RAM to load the zone model. Using /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag seems to fix it without any side effects assuming you're using a lot of dat mods. Check that your addons/plugins don't have memory leaks, since those could also be responsible if you have a lot of private stuff.
More detail here:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56318/possible-blackscreen-fix-when-using-config-plugin
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-13 16:24:00  
Can anybody think of good Evasion+ food?
I can only think of Salt Ramen, the NQ gives 5% Eva capping at 90, but to actually receive 90 Eva for real (the cap) you would need a bit less than 1800 raw eva before-food, which is a bit unlikely.
Most of the time you're gonna get between 65 and 70 eva.

Which is still good I guess, but I was wondering if there's any other food that could grant more than that.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-13 16:27:38  
Follow up question, (comment) I wish the food database we DO have were more up to date.

The "food" section on bg leaves ALOT to be desired.
Missing so many categories (like evasion), ability to sort.

AH's food searching is very unusable too. Finding a food at random and wondering how long the duration is can be quite irritating, even with so much information out.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-13 16:43:35  
You got;

Altana's Repast Evasion +70 Expensive
Rustic Fish Evasion+10% (Max. 50) Special event item
Popo. Con Queso Evasion+10% (Max. 50) The page needs to be linked on BG (I messaged funk)
Seafood Gratin Evasion+12% (Max. 60) Actually craftable.

and the salt ramen you already know about, and all of those HQ of course giving another Max+5
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-13 17:01:12  
Considering I can get 65/70 with Salt Ramen I guess it still is the best option then, even though not being able to use its full potential (+90 cap) leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Thanks Eiryl!
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-01-13 17:04:10  
Would you need to continually cast the same spell after an immunobreak to maximize the effect or can you cast other spells without fear of resetting the immunobreak?
By soralin 2022-01-13 17:24:14  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
How do you call out who currently has hate on the target with a command? Tried my best to remember but my memory fails me.

If you are not engaged on a mob, but have it targeted, you can type "/as" (or /assist, the 1st version just faster), it will then shift your target to who/what that mob has #1 on its hate list. Its a real *** while you're engaged, but can be a huge asset for your backline/healers who need that info the most.

You could make a dirty single macro to put that info into party chat by doing something like:

/assist <t>
/wait 1
/p hey, the mob is after <t>!

I just wanted to pipe in here real quick

Use <bt> for the battletarget (the monster who's name is red) instead of <t>

<bt> will make the above macro work even if you arent currently targeting the monster.

Though, it will have issues if you are fighting multiple targets at once so, keep in mind.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-18 11:38:11  
"I have no idea what to do with Pulse weapons, and at this point I'm afraid to ask" (Me, up until now)

I have both a Router and Himthige and I have no idea what to do with them. BG-Wiki's resource on the matter might make sense to someone who's already familiar, but the charts and sheets don't really mean anything to me.

Are there step-by-step instructions anywhere? Or can someone dumb themselves down to my level and help explain? xD
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-01-18 11:39:18  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
"I have no idea what to do with Pulse weapons, and at this point I'm afraid to ask" (Me, up until now)

I have both a Router and Himthige and I have no idea what to do with them. BG-Wiki's resource on the matter might make sense to someone who's already familiar, but the charts and sheets don't really mean anything to me.

Are there step-by-step instructions anywhere? Or can someone dumb themselves down to my level and help explain? xD
Keep them for ambu weapons you might want to make. (Make naegling and you get ez mode dd)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Ambuscade#Ambuscade_Weapons

EDIT: Just realized you said the charts. What you can do is buy each of the listed weapons PLUS the upgrade materials from Ambuscade vendor. Then for the final form you need a Pulse weapon. Hope that makes sense.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-18 11:45:17  
Cool. So I can trade the Router in for the final of any upgrade, yes? What can I do with the Himthige? I saw that was also on the Pulse page.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-01-18 11:45:57  
Save it for another ambu weapon!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-18 13:11:03  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Save it for another ambu weapon!
Is it in the same category as the Router, or does it need some kind of upgrade first?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2022-01-18 13:14:37  
No upgrade needed (or possible). It's just one of the majority of Pulse weapons that's not ilevel.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-01-20 17:27:24  
After update the login points +1 club shows as . with no stats. Anyone have that issue?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-20 17:36:12  
They broke it, they know it's broken they just can't be bothered to fix it yet.
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2022-01-21 13:31:53  
I seem to remember an addon that would refresh Escha/Reisenjima portals that didn't load for a player without needing to run out of range and back in again. Wondering if it will work for Sheol portals, but I can't remember the name of it. Anyone know? Thanks in advance~
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-27 01:59:49  
Maybe what you're thinking of that you couldn't remember:

and it's added to basic windower without any need for a download. Check under the Addons tab.

Edit: Then again, this doesn't exactly sound like what you're asking for. Sounds kind of similar is why I mentioned it.
By RadialArcana 2022-01-27 05:56:41  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
I seem to remember an addon that would refresh Escha/Reisenjima portals that didn't load for a player without needing to run out of range and back in again. Wondering if it will work for Sheol portals, but I can't remember the name of it. Anyone know? Thanks in advance~

I don't think it even works anymore, if it ever did.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-29 06:29:14  
Is there a known issue with Geo. Mitaines +2 upgrade? I have checked bg-wiki multiple times, checked the actual NPC dialogue, and the required items in trade seem to be:
-Geo. Mitaines +1
-Khoma Thread
-Imperator's Wing
-7 P. Geo Card

Yet, no matter how many times I trade it, the goblin will not accept. I've talked to the goblin, so I don't believe I have a pending upgrade as he does not mention it. I've done omen on GEO, cleared all bosses(maybe not on GEO?), though I don't recall there being any requirement of the sort.

Given the frequency with which some variation of this question is asked, and how the answer always seems to be 'you are trading the wrong items, I took a screenshot of the items I am trading so that if that is the case someone can at least verify it:

Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-29 06:45:27  
False alarm, had no beads, guess there's no message to let you know in that case. Leaving post in case anyone else comes across the same issue.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-02-03 12:04:07  
If I miss Light Shot, does it still upgrade the Dia debuff?
By Nariont 2022-02-03 12:15:02  
Yes, only the emp boots bonus doesnt apply when light/dark shot "miss"
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-02-06 15:42:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Another one;

Kinda old, unlikely anyone remebers. Alluvian skirmish has 3 titles. Trying to find specifically which each one is

Adumbration Disperser - Cirdas V
Queller of Otherworldly Gales - Rala V
Alluvion Assailant - Yorcia V
I did three Rala alluvian skirmish, all with Torso Vs, and I have not gotten "Queller of of Otherworldly Gales". I DID receive "Adumbration Disperser" twice, both times i killed the Balarahan Balamor NM. I also checked the title NPC to ensure that you don't just get two consecutive titles, no luck.

I got to around floor 8/9. I stopped receiving messages about the loot going up, and every floor it was just an objective along with a mistmaw NM. I am wondering if this title is from Cirdas and not Rala. I have seen old posts about people obtaining this title in Rala though, but they also received a yellow message about no more floors are available before popping their key.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-06 15:44:52  
That was a hot minute ago, this should be correct

Skirmish
Waterway Exemplar Rala V Torso
Cavern Exemplar Cirdas V Torso
Ra'Kaznar Exemplar Rakaz V Torso
Weald Exemplar Yorcia V Torso

Adumbration Disperser Alluvian Cirdas V Torso
Queller of Otherworldly Gales Alluvian Rala V Torso
Alluvion Assailant Alluvian Yorcia V Torso
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-02-06 15:46:02  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That was a hot minute ago, this should be correct

Skirmish
Waterway Exemplar Rala V Torso
Cavern Exemplar Cirdas V Torso
Ra'Kaznar Exemplar Rakaz V Torso
Weald Exemplar Yorcia V Torso

Adumbration Disperser Alluvian Cirdas V Torso
Queller of Otherworldly Gales Alluvian Rala V Torso
Alluvion Assailant Alluvian Yorcia V Torso

I am saying that this is not right though, unless "Adumbration Disperser" and "Queller of Otherworldly Gales" come from BOTH Cirdas and Rala alluvian.

JP wiki is saying the NM can appear during any alluvion skirmish. I also observed that you also do not get the title until you pop the key to end the skirmish.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-06 15:52:15  
On the jp wiki it says;

Alluvion Assailant 600 Clear 4 layers or more ?
Queller of Otherworldly Gales 600 Clear 4 layers or more ?
Adumbration Disperser West Adoulin 500 " Balamor's Adumbration "

But someone back when I asked said those were wrong, and the information I ultimately went with was bg testimonials
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/123281-The-Alluvion-Skirmish-thread!?s=f512a575de1009496c45e1fffd0840bf
First Page 2 3 ... 728 729 730 ... 831 832 833