Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 717 718 719 ... 836 837 838
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-09-30 22:13:02  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
can some remind me how to burn someone on worms in abby I cant remember and getting her to deep seeker zones would be to much work tonight.

remind me how to build her lights
get azure with magic kills
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-09-30 22:14:13  
Ragnarok.Magicobandito said: »
It doesn't launch via Steam, just installed via steam so it puts it in a weird folder. I'm guessing I'd have to re-buy and re-install everything from scratch to not use the Steam install.
wrong
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-09-30 22:15:27  
Ragnarok.Magicobandito said: »
It doesn't launch via Steam, just installed via steam so it puts it in a weird folder. I'm guessing I'd have to re-buy and re-install everything from scratch to not use the Steam install.
just take the files from the offical website install them set that up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-03 10:28:26  
Everything you can get with sparks is in the same limit. It's incredibly stupid.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-03 12:41:25  
Did Sublimation always overwrite Refresh? My brain hurts.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-03 12:45:23  
It did.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-04 09:21:01  
What was the reason behind the nerf to Aggressor, removing the Ranged Accuracy bonus? And why did they bother shifting it to Aggressive Aim? That seems like the biggest waste of merit points in the game.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-08 11:05:03  
How do I get this?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Throwing_Coin
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-08 11:13:57  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
As far as I know, it's only been datamined so far. It's not obtainable in-game yet.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-10-08 13:04:52  
Is there a way to keep FFXI via Windower from shutting down when switching PCs via a KVM switch? Anytime I switch to my work PC and switch back, Windower has closed down.
By Shichishito 2021-10-08 17:28:54  
when they did a server merge in the past do you lose stuff stored in your inbox?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-08 17:38:38  
Shichishito said: »
when they did a server merge in the past do you lose stuff stored in your inbox?

Yes
[+]
By Zubis 2021-10-08 17:46:48  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Is there a way to keep FFXI via Windower from shutting down when switching PCs via a KVM switch? Anytime I switch to my work PC and switch back, Windower has closed down.

I've noticed that myself with my TV. Try turning off HDR on both the PC and the monitor if it has that option.
By Shichishito 2021-10-08 18:09:09  
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Yes
Quote:
Added Mar. 2, 2011 at 22:10 (PST):
* Items and gil will only be deleted on the "Source World." There will be no impact on the "Destination World."
so if your character is on the destination world you don't need to worry about items on the AH or your inbox?

bet a short notice merge would cost a fair amount of ZNM triggers and A.M.A.N. trove drops. wonder how many orpheus sashes would fly into the ether.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-08 18:15:47  
Zero cause it ain't ever happenin
By RadialArcana 2021-10-08 18:23:21  
FFXI or FFXIV are never going to do merges again.

Merges make people quit the game.
By Shichishito 2021-10-08 18:33:33  
but maybe they'll do server splits since asura is full.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-08 18:37:13  
That's what they should do, so it's exactly what they won't do.

Change is bad. (for money). Somehow we managed to get to a point where making the game (objectively) "better" is bad because in it's current state paying for access is more valuable. (and costs nothing (there's no one willing to hurt squares bottom-line in protest))
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-10-08 18:52:45  
Cerberus is in a bad way as far as activity goes. Very few shouts per day. Only a few LSs running around actually running events.
By Shichishito 2021-10-08 18:57:28  
splitting asura wouldn't necessarily mean money loss for SE. i imagine transfer rates dropped since asura is closed, splitting asura would bring it back at least partially and ppl who got selected and sent to different servers will eventually transfer back to asura/which ever server is the highest population server after the split (let's call it neo asura?).

it's just how do you select the right group of ppl to send of to different servers so you don't risk that group quitting.
i suggest target RMT, they'll come back 100%.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-08 19:03:22  
Keeping people perpetually miserable is where the money is. They stay on a shithole for "reasons" and jump to and come back.

If they made a second asura, then they wouldn't want to jump anymore. Some amount of people would stay on Asura vII and there would be less jumping to and from vI.

And then you take some amount of people's reason for being on asura away (the most people) and they quit - they can't decide between vI and vII. And you cut server jumping profit. Two net losses and zero gains. Know your audience.
By Shichishito 2021-10-08 19:19:23  
besides that group that jumps for differing auction house prices on the individual servers there is also the group that got motivated by the move to asura meme. the later group most likely doesn't jump anymore, they are dead weight from a server transfer/monitary point of view. that group has proven that they are willing to invest money in order to migrated to the largest populated server.

if you'd take that group and distributed them to low population servers they'd most likely invest again to be on neo asura.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-10-08 19:19:26  
Zubis said: »

I've noticed that myself with my TV. Try turning off HDR on both the PC and the monitor if it has that option.
No luck with that. Both were already disabled
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-08 19:27:32  
Shichishito said: »
besides that group that jumps for differing auction house prices on the individual servers there is also the group that got motivated by the move to asura meme. the later group most likely doesn't jump anymore, they are dead weight from a server transfer/monitary point of view. that group has proven that they are willing to invest money in order to migrated to the largest populated server.

if you'd take that group and distributed them to low population servers they'd most likely invest again to be on neo asura.

Non-zero risk that those people just quit, being moved from asura would be the last straw. Instead of paying to go back, that might finally knock some sense into them.

They likely run this conversation every ~6 months. Likelihood of loss vs gain for merging/splitting/balancing/closing.
By Shichishito 2021-10-08 19:43:43  
instead of making it in one huge bulk you could spread it ouf over a couple of weeks. only move a bunch at a time, tell them where they going to be moved to ahead of time so they can stock up on items that are more pricy on the destination server, it will feel more like free gil than getting kicked out of paradise.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-08 20:34:00  
That's just half priced server jumps with extra steps.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-10-10 18:14:50  

self bump. Anyone have any thoughts?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-10 18:41:10  
Never figured that one out. Windower crashes when you get a UAC notification and it crashes when you unplug an hdmi. (or switch)

Easiest solution is just use two monitors. Or two hdmi/display into the same monitor and eliminate the switch.
By Zubis 2021-10-10 20:21:24  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Or two hdmi/display into the same monitor and eliminate the switch.

Depending on your monitor/TV model (newer ones), this can still be a problem. Switching can send a power off command to the source input, which still does...something to a PC, even if you have Sleep turned off for the PC.
First Page 2 3 ... 717 718 719 ... 836 837 838