Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 693 694 695 ... 849 850 851
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-08 01:34:15  
Frazzle does. That's the premise behind using Frazzle 2 before Frazzle 3. One is used in a high macc set, the other overwrites with max potency

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-08 01:48:24  
No you can't overwrite the same exact spell, it would have to be a lower tier then higher tier, like sleep->sleep 2. Why would you want/need to overwrite Frazzle 2 with higher potency if the second RDM can already land it?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-02-08 02:32:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Just did a Brunhilde chamber Einherjr and after killing 3 waves, I received 2640 points instead of the usual 1920. I checked my points before entering and I was at 96900, and now I am at 99540, therefore the points gained was indeed 2640 points. I am not sure how this happened? anyone else experienced this before?

They discussed it here before:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55015/bonus-ichor-on-t3/

Appears to have to do with the random monster that pops at the end.

Thanks for sharing the link! Yes indeed an HNM did pop on wave 3 in the start position rather than the middle. At first I thought I was drawn in, but then I realized the HNM position was right next to me where I was at the start. I usually have a habit of running back to the start after each wave. Interesting!
[+]
By Rips 2021-02-08 14:40:16  
Just a general question this time, with some context.

I played a bit in 2019 and then quit. I then came back in June of 2020 and I'm still here.

From 2019 and 2020, I don't remember adventure campaigns repeating themselves so quickly, almost back to back. We just had a voidwatch campaign a couple of months ago and now another one. We just had a free login campaign, and now, another one.

Was it always like this?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-08 14:47:28  
Desperation seems to be the tone, look another free 2 weeks and discount campaign.

They used to be more spread out but that's the natural progression, they see what we like, what we don't care about and change it up.
By Rips 2021-02-08 14:55:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Desperation seems to be the tone, look another free 2 weeks and discount campaign.

They used to be more spread out but that's the natural progression, they see what we like, what we don't care about and change it up.

I figured. I knew it wasn't this repetitive. Perhaps the population really is going down and they're trying to lure others back/in.

An individual who is thinking of unsubbing may think twice if they have a large stack of voidstones and they use the lua's to assist them.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-08 15:08:01  
Or it's just trying to bring more attention to XI to capitalize off of the hype for the new XIV expansion that was just announced.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-08 23:43:15  
Does anyone remember how to do the goofy things in macros people used to do like display the in-game symbols for weather in party chat, or make a fake autotranslate by having only the colored brackets themselves in a macro and just filling it in with a dirty word or something to mess with people?

This is clear as day in my mind, but I have no idea how it was done, and there is no record of it happening on the net :x
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-09 01:59:03  
Odin.Sudra said: »
Because I don't know what other people's rdm are wearing, so I was curious if anything would overwrite or not.

(I was just trying to test it myself, but I asked here also.)
People already replied to you but I'm adding my 2 cents.
I'm not sure if this applies to every single debuff in-game but generally for enfeebling magic an enf spell of a higher tier overwrites the lower tier, but spells of the same tier do not overwrite each other, even if the second one cast has higher "potency" (wether the potency comes from Skill, Stats or Potency+) it still won't overwrite.

To get back to your frazzle example, if someone with ***gear casts Frazzle 3 and lands it, and then a second RDM with BiS gear tries to land Frazzle 3 on the same target, it will say "no effect"

Slightly off topic but I learned over these boards a neat "trick" for Frazzle landing. Since the best gear requires some stats that imply a loss of pure macc, you might have issues landing Frazzle3 with BiS gear on some targets.
Create a specific set for Frazzle2, different from the "ideal" stats for frazzle, focusing exclusively on Macc.
Cast Frazzle2 on the target, even if the spell will have lower potency, it will have more chances to land.
Once that has landed the target will have a good amount of Meva-, making it easier for you to land Frazzle3 in your BiS set (that likely has way less macc than your Frazzle2 set mentioned above).

I see other people just use two different sets for Frazzle3, a "macc" one and a "potency" one, but because of what we just said (Frazzle of the same tier doesn't overwrite each other) if you land Frazzle3 with ***potency gear, you won't be able to land Frazzle3 with full potency gear after, whereas you can do that if you do the Frazzle2>Frazzle3 trick.
So I dunno, ymmv but to me this is a pretty nice trick. Even though it costs some time (two spells being cast rather than one) and in situations where you have to apply a shitton of debuffs on the same target in the least possible time, I reckon that might be unconvienent in such situations.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-09 09:59:25  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Does anyone remember how to do the goofy things in macros people used to do like display the in-game symbols for weather in party chat, or make a fake autotranslate by having only the colored brackets themselves in a macro and just filling it in with a dirty word or something to mess with people?

This is clear as day in my mind, but I have no idea how it was done, and there is no record of it happening on the net :x

Are you referring to /em? It's been a long time since I've used that, but I'm pretty sure it's /em farts on <t>'s face
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-09 10:26:41  
be classy and remember your punctuation for fake /emotes. That period at the end really sells it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-09 10:33:03  
/em examines YOU.
By Kazaki 2021-02-10 06:53:23  
Magic Affinity question (O-sash vs H-obi)

BG states (https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Orpheus%27s_Sash)

Affinity +1 = 1.01x total magic damage
Affinity +15 = 1.15x total magic damage

However, BG also shows (https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Magic_Affinity)

Affinity 6 = 35% magic damage increase

Which is right? Specifically thinking about COR LS in dyna. Just trying to work out what's best.
 Asura.Kegfreak
By Asura.Kegfreak 2021-02-10 07:18:16  
Anyone have any words of encouragement while I’m doing this damn Mythic? Einherjar is soooooo slow. I’m at 48k ichor and it seems to drag on and on and on.
By Mattelot 2021-02-10 07:19:59  
Asura.Kegfreak said: »
Anyone have any words of encouragement while I’m doing this damn Mythic? Einherjar is soooooo slow. I’m at 48k ichor and it seems to drag on and on and on.

Just keep at it. You're about half way there. It is a drag and feels the worst for your first mythic (if this is). Your encouragement is the end result (as long as its a good weapon).
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-10 12:49:38  
Can you update equipviewer icon manual from BG wiki icon? I know how do it from AH but its not update with new odyssey stuff yet
 Asura.Kegfreak
By Asura.Kegfreak 2021-02-11 09:33:23  
I'm working on Yagrush, so it's well worth it.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-02-11 09:55:51  
Kazaki said: »
Magic Affinity question (O-sash vs H-obi)

BG states (https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Orpheus%27s_Sash)

Affinity +1 = 1.01x total magic damage
Affinity +15 = 1.15x total magic damage

However, BG also shows (https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Magic_Affinity)

Affinity 6 = 35% magic damage increase

Which is right? Specifically thinking about COR LS in dyna. Just trying to work out what's best.

The affinity wiki entry is specific to the Magian staves, which uses the term a bit differently. More modern items with "element": MAB can be assumed to be +% of whatever specific value is listed on it.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-02-11 14:30:20  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Can you update equipviewer icon manual from BG wiki icon? I know how do it from AH but its not update with new odyssey stuff yet

Equipviewer is now updated https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/tree/master/equipviewer
 Asura.Rafike
user: Rafike
By Asura.Rafike 2021-02-12 20:47:51  
Has anyone encountered an issue where they enter a run of NNI where the campaign is not active? On my second run just now I received only NQ ??? items from NM's and the boss at floor 20 did not drop a chest at all. Also, before anyone asks I'm 100% sure I did not accidentally enter the OG NI.
 Leviathan.Supernads
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2021-02-12 20:56:28  
This happened to me earlier today, I just thought I got the date wrong and warped out.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rafike
user: Rafike
By Asura.Rafike 2021-02-12 22:46:27  
Just had it happen on another run, at least I was paying attention this time and knew to warp out.
By Rips 2021-02-15 00:03:59  
Why do send commands sometimes not work on a particular character? In my case, /follow?

I know windower had to do an update and was having issues. I did a giant shutdown and logged my alts back in, but 1 particular character refuses to /follow.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-15 01:57:12  
Are you putting the target after the command? (Correct name)

/follow is a native command. If it gets through the instances, it should work.

If anything, you can add some /p command together to check of its being delivered correctly. That should be all you can expect from the third party
By Rips 2021-02-15 13:11:44  
Pantafernando said: »
Are you putting the target after the command? (Correct name)

/follow is a native command. If it gets through the instances, it should work.

If anything, you can add some /p command together to check of its being delivered correctly. That should be all you can expect from the third party

I am. It's like this:

/con send NAME /follow MYNAME

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Edit: For whatever reason, logging in and out twice fixed it. Thanks Panta.
First Page 2 3 ... 693 694 695 ... 849 850 851