Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 691 692 693 ... 842 843 844
By Manque 2021-01-31 20:12:54  
JP blog says you have to get 'over 5'.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-31 20:14:09  
Manque said: »
JP blog says you have to get 'over 5'.

I see, didn't see that in there

Quote:
After clearing, you can also enjoy a challenge mode called Raptor Training. If you clear it within 4 minutes, you will get the title . However, if you lower the difficulty level, you will not receive the title even if you clear it within 4 minutes. caution.

It says "clear 5" a bunch of times, but maybe google translator isn't saying that quite right.

I got it, but now I can't test 6 or 7 food, only 100% sure it works with 8/5 foods and under 4 minutes.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-31 20:32:10  
well once you win... make a lua that does it automatically so I don't have to <_<

edit: You don't need to get over 5

5/5
3 min 53 seconds
normal difficulty (didn't lower it)
By Rips 2021-02-01 16:31:45  
If I wanted to farm Garuda on VD for spoils, and I’m on COR, would I want to use Leaden Salute with my DP or Last Stand with Fomalhaut?

I’ll also have some Bsts with pets and their ready commands to get rid of her physical resistance, so I’m quite confident the answer is Last Stand, but I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything in terms of her natural magic resistance and defence.
By Masunasu 2021-02-01 16:42:48  
Avatars take ***magic damage unless it's their opposing element, so Savage/Last Stand unless it's Carbuncle. Make sure you use offensive magic (Dia or a T1 nuke or something) to remove Ranged resistance if going Last Stand.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 07:44:11  
I think that messages may be broken again. I don't know if you got that reply, or if you'll see this rips.

Guess it's the message chain thing again, anytime a message reply chain gets over a certain size it always seems to break and I always seem to forget it's a thing lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-02-03 10:58:29  
Can treasure distribution be configured to allow cast lots on rare/ex drops while quartermaster is on? Example farming divergance, crystals, shards, and cards collected by 1 person, while volte drops can be cast lot by everyone? If not, this would mean changing treasure pool mode each time before engaging one the NMs, then changing back to quartermaster for farm?
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-03 11:03:39  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Can treasure distribution be configured to allow cast lots on rare/ex drops while quartermaster is on? Example farming divergance, crystals, shards, and cards collected by 1 person, while volte drops can be cast lot by everyone? If not, this would mean changing treasure pool mode each time before engaging one the NMs, then changing back to quartermaster for farm?

It can't. Best you could do is have everyone involved use treasury or lootwhore to pass the money drops immediately and the person in charge of lotting lot them. Dropped packets will make this less than perfect though. I'd be hard pressed to trust someone to take off QM every nm, it's easy to forget once and lose a drop someone else was waiting for.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 15:41:40  
Anyone ever had a problem with ffixdb map now showing up? I changed my UI scaling and now it is not showing up.
I have tried the following:
Deleting plugin and redownloading from windower menu
//ffxidb m pos 10 10 and tons of other xy positions.

Wondering if anyone else has any ideas
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-03 16:03:24  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Anyone ever had a problem with ffixdb map now showing up? I changed my UI scaling and now it is not showing up.
I have tried the following:
Deleting plugin and redownloading from windower menu
//ffxidb m pos 10 10 and tons of other xy positions.

Wondering if anyone else has any ideas

I did have that problem and I wasn't able to resolve it. The next day it magically appeared again and I can't for the life of me figure out what I did during that time to make it come back. I don't even know what I did to make it disappear.

Edit: No, I do remember. I did change my scale and then copy/pasted back what it used to be. Sorry for idiot post.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-03 16:05:12  
Did they change the weeping willow/lumber jack pop to something else other than 21-24hrs, or is someone else on my server really killing this every day for the past 8 days?

If it still is just a 21-24 hr nm... any ideas on why this would be down every day for more than a week other than the RoE clear? I'm on a dead server so I assume that there literally couldn't be a different person killing this for the RoE every single day

(just trying to get the lumber jack kill for RoE)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 16:09:08  
Its normal just there's some people out there that get the bug in their *** and want roes.

Leave a 2box there and you may be surprised how many randos clip in and check

I sat at cerb for longer than I should've bothered with and I saw a dozen at least come look for it. There's absolutely no reason to kill cerb. lol, not even for giggles.
By Rips 2021-02-03 22:09:17  
I'm attempting to 6 box. How to I get by the fact that playonline only allows me to have 4 accounts registered total? Would I use Guest Login for the additional 2?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 22:19:18  
The easy way is just make a second login_w and swap them back and forth.

.... and make backups, that's the file I was just bitching about deleting itself.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-02-04 05:41:35  
that's your gearswap using cancel, not the cancel plugin itself

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
サーバ: Valefor
user: Serj
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-02-04 06:20:22  
Before I go further on my war, since I just returned and have no idea what this game is, what would be better to gear up first (already started working a bit on war) out of the 4 I have. Mnk, War, Drk, Nin.

This game is whack as hell compared to 8 years ago
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-04 08:39:25  
mnk is the only dps group content ever needs, and anyone saying otherwise is just attached to their job

nin is pretty sweet for certain solo/lowman things

war and drk are just for flaunting dps, but if that's your thing i'd recommend drk before war
[+]
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
サーバ: Valefor
user: Serj
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-02-04 09:24:55  
Sounds good, at a point where swapping over to monk which was my main back in the day won't be a hard focus and the gear being usable on nin for solo is nice. I'll go back to focusing on war after I get my bearings.
By Rips 2021-02-04 10:49:39  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The easy way is just make a second login_w and swap them back and forth.

.... and make backups, that's the file I was just bitching about deleting itself.

I see. What was the consequence of you having your files deleted for one of your alts? Was it something that was just a pain in the ***, or did you lose access to one of your alts?

I hate messing with files. I'm just going to go on record and state that I've always struggled from a young age with absorbing technical information and having it stick. Or information in general. I won't bother messing with this and just do a manual login on a guest account.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 11:05:00  
I just had to do the 60 second register and affirm I read the tos etc. It doesn't delete macros or files just who the characters were.

And as long as you simply copy the file. If that happens it's a copy paste fix. I had gotten complacent. My back ups were 6 characters out of date.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-04 11:11:25  
Prabably its a biggesr pain in the *** if you happen to have forgotten your pol password and id.

At least those, i have them write and even sent it to my own personal mail so i will always have it whetever i go.
By Rips 2021-02-04 11:14:35  
Pantafernando said: »
Prabably its a biggesr pain in the *** if you happen to have forgotten your pol password and id.

At least those, i have them write and even sent it to my own personal mail so i will always have it whetever i go.

My little notebook is what I use.

Speaking of which, I should back up my gearswap files in dropbox or something. I heard my PC having a heart attack from the other room last night.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-04 11:21:35  
Well, my desktop out of nowhere just had its motherboard or something like that breaking without giving any hint of it.

I had dozens of scripts, macros, addons on it. Luckly i manage to recover it directly from HD. Still, it was bothersome so many files being lost in a flash
By RadialArcana 2021-02-04 15:23:02  
Does anyone know where this picture is situated in uggalepih?

Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-04 15:24:35  
In the picture room before the den of rancor? Secord or third on the left maybe?
By RadialArcana 2021-02-04 15:32:18  
Checked those, it does not have this image of Bahamut there.

These are the images from that room. I'm wondering if it only appears during some quest or something.

Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-04 15:45:02  
well... maybe that picture is from somewhere in a cop zone or cutscene? since mr bahamut is in that expansion. can't remember, sorry
First Page 2 3 ... 691 692 693 ... 842 843 844