Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 689 690 691 ... 842 843 844
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 13:15:54  
There's a few double titles like that, just wasn't sure which ones you can do that with.

The first zone you pick as a windurstian gives 4 titles! You get all 4 regardless, but yeah, it's relatively common.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 13:28:08  
Just went to check the food removal/brown magic guy... he's at 2 failures and 23 successes! not getting those titles, ha
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 13:29:06  
it's only 833 stacks @ about a mil and a lua to spam trade......
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-29 13:35:08  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Honestly, I don't mean to call you a liar, but I think you're misremembering. The recast is sent in the same packet as the spell complete, and if you block that packet the menu stays at 0s recast.
Well I dunno, I was on Dynamis Divergence Jeuno yesterday, on THF/BLM.
Tried to check my timers one of the many times my sleepga timer doesn't trigger (no chat message, no entry on the Timers plugin, often no animation at all) yet if I opened the quick menu I could see the recast time of Sleepga just fine.

I'm talking about the context menu, not the main menu, not sure if there's any difference.

I was surprised yesterday. Tried 5 times (not like packetloss are rare in Divergence, I get a packetloss for spells being cast I'd dare say at least 50% of the times I cast sleepga) and all 5 times I could see the timer running down just fine.

No clue if it's a coincidence, a matter of my client being crazy, no clue :x

Quote:
and only in instances
Absolutely.
Packetloss in open world areas are very rare, I can hardly remember last time I've seen a packetloss in an open area.
Whereas they are somewhat common in Odyssey and in Omen.
INSANELY common in Divergence zones but, as you and other people hypothized, this has something to do with the additional load of network communication to constantly update all the clients with RP information.

Not gonna say I don't believe you btw. Yesterday was the first time I even thought about checking the in-game menu for recasts, never even had the idea before. I tried those 5 times, and all 5 I could see the timer just fine, ticking.
Yet no cooldown on "Timers" plugin, and if I tried to spam //sleepga command, I would get nothing. No error like "Spell isn't ready" etc, nothing nothing nothing, and I end up mashing that command over and over and over and over hoping I'm actually casting because many times I can't even see the animation so I don't know if the spell really went off at all.
The fact that I don't get an error while tryin to cast when the spell is on cooldown, if anything suggests me that the game client doesn't know the spell is actually on cooldown, and because of that it doesn't return me the error when I try to input the command. I guess this makes sense in theory?
Yet it doesn't explain why yesterday I could see the timer for Sleepga ticking from the menu :x
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 13:47:52  

1/1 The account only had 4 available options, doesn't answer if it was true random or not.

1/1 (Adoulin)
1/2 (Jueno)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 13:50:54  
at least spam it till you can see if it gives you all of them, or if its bard specific
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 13:53:23  
Well, also testing the global cool down, if its a full game day that's pretty janky

Also... you can't manually switch back to it. So if you want yours recorded you better make sure it loads to guildwork correctly before you change that ***lol

(*) Not 100% verified, it could be on a bard I haven't talked to yet

Lower, Port, Selbina, SS, Adoulin, Norg all X on manually setting it back
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 14:31:17  
Doing the manual gw title transfer since some idiot needs to try it.

3 bards done so far and half way through the 4th
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 14:33:21  
It's definitely working you can see all your titles filing up today

I know you aren't going to know this answer, back on 2012-07-07 10:35:43 you got a title that is blank, wonder if it was one of the random bard titles

or if not, then which one(s) are broken (it could be that, yeah, a title could've been changed) Fistule, Dvalinn, Apadmak, you were doing abyssea at that time.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 14:41:23  
probably just a title that they changed the name of or something? I think I remember seeing something like that on your jp wiki you linked
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 16:23:53  
Think I've got the blank one figured out.

Hedjetjet destinger vs Hedjedjet destinger name change

A friend has both on his gw profile, and also the blank title on his ffxiah profile and the dates (11 years) match up, but only Hedjedjet destinger is on his ffxiah profile so predicting the blank is hedjetjet destinger

I don't have both on my gw profile (didn't have gw until ffxi character profile thing was defunct) , but my blank title on ffxiah is fro the ffxi profile site that doesn't work anymore so I can't check
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 18:24:22  
I finished counting and oh god I missed some somewhere, lol. There's a 15 title disagreement between my personal list and the guildwork total. I'll have to scroll down alphabetically side by side or w/e
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 18:26:22  
Copy and Paste the AH list, next to the full list.

Find the first miss (that you should have), and see that bard
Your page has 750 (+ the blank one)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 18:34:57  
see what you can find out about the "champion of the dawn" title as well and if that was removed or something. I have it on guildwork from 6 years ago, but it's not an any wotg bard at all. might have been another name change one? idk
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 18:43:54  
I haven't gotten to the part where I put all the titles from each bard yet , I knew the sorting would be fun, but the table making is... not. lol

I did notice that the south sandy bard doesn't have a 500g category, I haven't gotten to the point of "is that me or a game glitch"

I dunno right now u_u
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 18:51:05  
Yeah here's a post from some person complaining about the title as well: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/archive/index.php/t-48892.html?s=715f85c3e76205ad96a143eefda97440

So either it was changed/removed, or just not available to reset at a bard? idk, either way my guildwork has it :x
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 19:00:10  
fixed my missing titles issue. actually missed the entirety of the lower jeuno 800g section somehow. thats all job master titles and then some

so... now I have 772 on guildwork but only 765 on my personal list... hmmm..... lol

At least I know one so far is that champion of the dawn title on gw but not my personal list

Big news though is that if my title list was off, my rank 7 could have come at exactly 750 titles or something solid like that

edit: and fixed the issue. found a few on the personal list I hadn't checked off, so personal list is at 771, and guildwork list is at 772, with only discrepancy being champion of the dawn title
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-29 19:29:08  
I got the same random title from the same bard.

That's not impossible, but the odds are pretty low.

Insignificant Adventurer from Adoulin

Point of note, probably coincidental, having 4 titles would make you insignificant.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-29 19:32:09  
oh that's even worse! i'm at 2/4 for those titles now I'll probably get the same one 30x in a row
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-30 07:09:25  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I was surprised yesterday. Tried 5 times (not like packetloss are rare in Divergence, I get a packetloss for spells being cast I'd dare say at least 50% of the times I cast sleepga) and all 5 times I could see the timer running down just fine.

No clue if it's a coincidence, a matter of my client being crazy, no clue :x

Your 'client being crazy' can't populate information that isn't there. If you don't receive the spell complete packet, the recast is not set. See video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxyt52cl0lx82k3/2021-01-30%2008-07-20.mkv?dl=0

Quote:
Yet it doesn't explain why yesterday I could see the timer for Sleepga ticking from the menu :x
Human error. Computers act very predictably, it is not going to populate a timer you literally don't have the information to populate.

I don't know whether timers uses packets or memory to populate recasts, but Ashita's recast stuff uses the same memory structure the game menu references and will also miss it. Plain and simple, no packet means no recast.

Quote:
Yet no cooldown on "Timers" plugin, and if I tried to spam //sleepga command, I would get nothing. No error like "Spell isn't ready" etc, nothing nothing nothing, and I end up mashing that command over and over and over and over hoping I'm actually casting because many times I can't even see the animation so I don't know if the spell really went off at all.
The fact that I don't get an error while tryin to cast when the spell is on cooldown, if anything suggests me that the game client doesn't know the spell is actually on cooldown, and because of that it doesn't return me the error when I try to input the command. I guess this makes sense in theory?
The server sends the cannot cast message to the client when it receives the packet. I can't comment on whether windower may be blocking your action packet because recast isn't up yet(which would imply it did receive the action complete to know the recast is up), but I am firmly of the opinion you messed something up.

You can reverse engineer the game and see that the spell complete packet sets the timer. You can block the spell complete packet and see that the timer isn't set. It is supremely unlikely, in my opinion, that anything else is going on.

Would also mention that this happens so much less on any server that isn't Asura.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-30 08:18:45  
I need to bump this one, cause it got buried fast.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
People who pay attention to RUN, how were these 3 titles obtained

Blade Enthusiast
Runic Emissary
Maester of Maddening

They have something to do with Octavien. Somewhere in the series of armors?

if you have the RUN 15/15 job armor, can you go see the title bard in adoulin and see if/which of those 3 titles you have

They come from doing something very specific (and mildly confusing) I need to know if you have to do these things or you get the titles anyway. I can check myself I just don't want to burn the ability to verify them, by skipping it to find out.

Or if you know you did get them, how did you do it. Got the rough idea.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-30 08:44:19  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
if you have the RUN 15/15 job armor, can you go see the title bard in adoulin and see if/which of those 3 titles you have

I have none of those titles on my RUN with 15/15 armor and epeo.

edit: run missing one piece of erilaz actually, let me turn it in and see

edit edit: other run that actually has 15/15 and epeo doesn't have them
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-30 08:53:18  
It comes from a sidequest that isn't on NA wikis. That you can activate during the armor set.

Now that I know you do have to do it, I can figure out how to get them. Seems relatively simple, just need someone to test it out.

Thanks for looking.

Anyone who is past Legacies_Lost_and_Found if you want to, do the subquest. (it's important that you are past it to see if it is miss-able!)

If you talk to Octavien with a rune weapon equipped, a sub-quest which awards titles is activated. The sub-quest connsists of trading Octavien rune weapons, flowerpots, or bangles for Bayld. The titles are awarded based on how many you give him.

So tell him "no" multiple times to get the Maester of Maddening (confirm 7?)
Then give him; any rune item (rune sword, rune arrow etc) for Runic Emissary
Then give him more of those items (20k worth) for Blade Enthusiast

Rune weapons - 3500 bayld
Rune arrow - 200 bayld
Rune bangles - 1200 bayld
Flowerpot - 1200 bayld

Look at the quest log and get the name of the quest too if one exists.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-30 09:00:26  
Can flag it after finishing all AF, don't have to be on RUN(flagged on mnk wearing rune baghnakhs). Confirmed saying no exactly 7x gets you Maester of Maddening. No quest log entry. Runic Emissary from first trade confirmed.

Don't have enough rune weapons on leviathan AH to get to 20k.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-30 09:00:32  
You can use flowerpots... which don't seem to actually exist (?)

Then I need someone else who doesn't really care if they miss a title to do the same thing, but skip the saying no part, see if the bard has the Maester of Maddening title anyway. he should, but need to be sure.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-30 09:01:59  
I assume they mean 'arcane flowerpot' specifically, which only comes from the same devices. Let me see if I have any more runic weapons sitting on mules, only one short. I can check the other thing, I have plenty of RUNs.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-30 09:13:47  
If you say yes, you do not immediately get the title at the bard, but you can just talk to him again and he keeps asking anyway. So, you can't miss it, you just have to go through the 7x 'no' to get it.

I found another rune weapon and traded it, but did not get the Blade Enthusiast title(3500 x6 = 21k). I zoned after the first 3 and before the second 3, not sure if that's a factor.

Edit: Found another algol on AH and bangles I had missed. Still didn't get title, so in total I did:

Rune Baghnakhs(3500)
Rune Blade(3500=7000)
Rune Bow(3500=10500)
Zoned
Rune Chopper(3500=14000)
Rune Chopper(3500=17500)
Rune Scythe(3500=21000)
Rune Bangles(1200 = 22200)
Rune Algol(3500 = 25700)

So, either the numbers are wrong or it has to be done without zoning.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-30 09:22:30  
You may have to trade him all 6 in one trade, or yeah without zoning.
Could also be higher than 20k.
Thanks for taking the time to look.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-30 09:23:20  
Ah yea, didn't think about trading all at once. That'd mostly rule out flowerpots and bangles since they're pretty low value.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 689 690 691 ... 842 843 844