Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 676 677 678 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-11-11 15:22:59  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is there a way to set the screen proportions to 21:9?
The in-game option doesn't support 21:9, I'm wondering if there's something else, an addon or whatever to do that.

I'm pretty sure the Windower default addon config auto-scales based on resolution.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-11 16:37:58  
I dunno, I have config active but I still have to put 16:9 from the internal in-game menu atm
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-11-11 18:06:40  
If you do //config help there's an AspectRatio and AdjustAspectRatio options.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-11 18:37:45  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
So those two ladies that stream FFXI will be visiting Asura tomorrow. . .
On the off chance I run into either of them; Which questions or in-game issues should I not bring up? And yes, I will bring them up.

Did you forget to bother?
By Draylo 2020-11-11 19:10:44  
They will just ignore you.. don't bother them they don't have any authority over the game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-11 19:11:59  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's not the same to just tell them in game, you'll just get blisted and no one will ever know because chatbox is hidden if they were streaming.

No point even interacting with them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-12 17:31:00  
Sup

Just wondering but its just me that have been seeing more often my char getting locked when interacting to NPC (by locked i mean unresponsive to input commands in general) after update?

I do use some addon/plugins that uses packets, but this behaviour seems to be happening even with a vanilla interact to a NPC.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-11-12 21:51:52  
Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Just wondering but its just me that have been seeing more often my char getting locked when interacting to NPC (by locked i mean unresponsive to input commands in general) after update?

I do use some addon/plugins that uses packets, but this behaviour seems to be happening even with a vanilla interact to a NPC.
I have this happen with the sparks/homepoint add-on. It seems to only happen if the addon command fails to function properly and I try talking to any npc without resetting or unloading the addon. So if I try to get a shield and it fails, talking to any npc with a dialogue that makes stationary locks me in.
By EverlastingFFXI 2020-11-13 11:33:10  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
EverlastingFFXI said: »
I completed all of the MNK AF1 quests but did not pop any of the coffers besides hands for the KI. When I pop a coffer on MNK I get gil or items.

Do I have to do a memory reset for MNK or is there another way?
You opened the coffer for KI but did you finish the Borghertz quest?

Yeah I did finish the Borghertz quest. All 3 of the quests are marked as Completed in my log.

Checked storage slips, not seeing anything there.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-13 16:02:32  
Has this always been the default direction this npc faces?!
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2020-11-13 16:28:41  
We need to castrate those little vermins to prevent they to reproduce.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-13 17:59:03  
With a little faith, it should come back in december.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-14 01:47:46  
Sup

Most likely gonna need to reinstall entire FFXI in a new desktop soonish, wondering if all the process is still that 8h long stuff on dowloading/installing, or if, in 2020, we have faster ways to get this game running?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-11-14 04:03:21  
You can copy the files over and then use a .reg and .bat file to add the proper registry entries/register the DLLs.

https://pastebin.com/nfyyEK4Q

https://pastebin.com/RWk51a3g <- put this in the base SquareEnix directory iirc

You'll have to make sure the directories are right for you before running them, though. And I believe the register.bat one has to be run as admin, so you'll have to run as command prompt and THEN run it from the command line.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-11-14 05:55:48  
i just don't understand why am being walled on Headshard RDM too *** pricey to +3, this is just plain stupid
By Thunderjet 2020-11-14 06:24:10  
anyone getting lua errors memory leak from windower?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-14 22:51:01  
I mean I get it's annoying. Getting a GM to care about it is wasted energy... and even when they do, a new shoutbot will pop 10 minutes later and the whole cycle starts over.

It really is futile. Use FO, you'll be much happier simply not seeing it than bashing your head against the wall. Square "can't" do anything about it. You could make yell so unbearable that they remove it alltogether or start actually moderating it, but you'll never get the bodies to make it happen.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-11-16 04:49:51  
So I was considering making an Escutcheon, thinking that on dead Cerb I might reasonably one of 2-3 people tops who have one, if I pick the right craft. But are they still worth making or does the RMT basically control a good portion of the market? You can easily see their AH history and find several +2 necks, Su5, Su3+1, etc. all from different crafts. No reasonable person would make more than one shield.
Examples:
By SimonSes 2020-11-16 05:17:10  
Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
So I was considering making an Escutcheon, thinking that on dead Cerb I might reasonably one of 2-3 people tops who have one, if I pick the right craft. But are they still worth making or does the RMT basically control a good portion of the market? You can easily see their AH history and find several +2 necks, Su5, Su3+1, etc. all from different crafts. No reasonable person would make more than one shield.
Examples:

If you wont use some exploit you probably wont earn much and I honestly doubt you will ever get back the gil investment. Afaik you need to farm Spheres worth of 1-2 bilions of gils. This actually is probably more profitable than doing full shield (farming and selling spheres). It probably all depends when you will finish (can take months) and if some new synth pop for your craft and you will be able to maybe sell few overpriced items in first few days if you are smart about it. I actually plan to slowly to shield myself, but that will probably only be for achievement sake.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-16 05:18:13  
Anybody knows why the shout box on FFXIAH is still semi-broken?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-16 06:24:59  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody knows why the shout box on FFXIAH is still semi-broken?
Rooks can't build the Windower/Ashita plugins. Didn't know this till I mentioned something to him last month. I normally handle building plugins on the Windower team these days but it was kind of a grey area since it's a collab.

Also I don't know how much it'll fix it, if shout data is also collected with Ashita's version(No access to this one.). I don't know to much about theirs other then I do know it never collected as much user data like REMAs or something but it may very well collect shout data.

Honestly not my highest priority even for XI related stuff but I'll try poking at it in the next few days.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-16 06:30:59  
I didn't consider that data on FFXIAH is collected through Ashita plugins too, thought it was gathered from Windower-only.
That makes perfect sense I guess, I was wondering why it remained broken after 3 patches even after you guys fixed it.
Guess Ashita is the culprit here.
Any way to get in touch with them, to let them know there's something that needs fixing?

The effects I notice so far are:
1) Strange characters appears when they shouldn't be there
2) The first letter of some shout messages is erased
3) Some shouts are repeated multiple times, appearing from zones different from those they were made from
4) Some (a lot?) of shouts just go missing
5) Timestamps are no longer there (at least I think they used to be?)

I guess these are all connected to the same issue related to that thing they changed in the chat message packets like 3+ patches ago.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-16 06:34:41  
No you misunderstood, we didn't fix the GW Plugin because we(I) thought Rooks would. We only realized he can't when I mentioned it to him last month. I'll look into the Windower version in the next few days as I said above.

I don't know if Ashita's version does and if it does even if we fix the Windower version will it still contain errors because of the Ashita version.

I'll ask Rooks if he knows if the Ashita version even collects shout data.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-16 07:59:29  
Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
Examples:

Main problem on small servers isnt much the offer but the demand. Sure you can maybe sell more if the item is very cheap, but we are looking at items that sell a dozen per year.

Most likely what you gonna do, whats not uncommon, is crafting some dozens of it, creating a mule and sending it to assura.

But if youre interested on the crafting business, probably you can net some profit by farming the most of the ingredients rather than buying from AH. Then you can go pretty low if you calculate, instead of the AH price of an item, the time you spend to farm it.

Sounds like a wrong calculation, but from my experience, if you decide to farm, idk, 3 stacks of DM, its unlikely you gonna sell them in like 1 month. But if all of them are sunked in a craft, then in theory you can farm more DM instead of crashing the DM price in AH and/or having the item stucked there.
First Page 2 3 ... 676 677 678 ... 836 837 838