Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 656 657 658 ... 836 837 838
By Josiahafk 2020-07-15 10:02:30  
RadialArcana said: »
For anyone that 6 boxes with no serious slowdown on your main, what are your pc specs?
If you turn off most animations and graphics features, almost anything i3/16gb ram/4gb vram or better will be fine.

If everything in game is maxed and 1080p, I’d go with twice or triple that power wise.

11 is very old and finicky so there are no guarantees sadly.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-15 11:20:40  
FFXI is CPU Heavy and more specifically Single-Core CPU Heavy.
At the risk of Foot-In-Mouth, programs like dgvoodoo allow older DirectX games to utilize your GPU More for rendering instead of placing it all on the GPU if I’m understanding correctly. But even so, you will always lag in high traffic areas no matter what you do unless you have either a very old CPU or one that has a system of very powerful singular cores.

I believe Crysis 3 was famous for having the same problem? So if your rig can run that game without issue, it should blow through FFXI literally everywhere but will likely crawl on anything more modern. There’s actually a vid on YouTube where a person threw an absolute monster PC at it and couldn’t get above 10 FPS on the thing. It’s pretty sad really.

My Rig’s pretty capable but my FPS still drops into the upper 20s around the Ambu NPC and damn-near halts on Mireu forcing me to turn off most all things like Josia just said.

It’d be wonderful if SE could fix it so the game utilizes multiple cores so we can move past this damn quirk but I’m not sure how doable that is? Simple fix? Or full-blown rework of the game.

Edit:
Not too long ago, I asked what exactly it would take to experience a 0-FPS Loss in FFXI and basically it just can’t be done without something of a retro-build.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-15 12:43:15  
For anyone that 6 boxes with no serious slowdown on your main, what are your pc specs?

I bought a good desktop for that time and so far, it never let me down. (Late 2017)

During same time i switched twice my laptop though, and was never satisfied (also spent like 4 to 5 times more in those laptops compared to this desktop).

Intel i5 7400 7th gen, GTX 1050Ti, 1TB, 8Gb DDR4 hyperx, 500W 80 Plus
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-15 13:27:04  
Not bad,

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 3.6 GHz
RTX 2070 Super
32GB Ram Corsair Vangeance DDR4
AX-370 MB
1TB SSD
4TB HDD
850W PSU and lots of RGB Glowy goodness :P

Can run Shadows of the Tomb Raider on 4K all Ultra at 36-60
FPS (it doesn’t like the main town) but can’t handle super crowded areas in this game a shame really :(
 Bismarck.Kingtubby
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kingtubby
By Bismarck.Kingtubby 2020-07-15 14:09:14  
I am looking for a quick 101 guide in learning how LUA works (LUA for dummies).
TIA
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-07-15 14:12:35  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54410/a-gearswap-academia/1/
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-15 14:15:27  
XI will never be changed to utilize multiple cores effectively, the amount of work is colossal. There's nothing special about 'old cpus' that let it maintain framerate either, the same spikes in load would cause fps drops on any cpu.

Any ryzen build with a GTX 1050 or better should have no problem playing 6 characters, provided 5 are lower settings. If you want all of them to be 1080p or higher, you're going to need a high end GPU and dgvoodoo.
[+]
By aisukage 2020-07-15 14:47:45  
Anyone else haveing issues with abyssea today. Had a small update when i logged in one of my other characters and the names for atmas have changed

For example the atma of apocalypse is now called "Fire and flames" for me for some reason

When i expended a stone i got this message

And when i killed the Frog Heqet this happened

Pretty sure that's not his KI and i checked before i entered I already had that KI which is why i knew i only needed Heqet's. I checked my KI's afterwards and it shows it as it's normal name "Doffed Poroggo Hat"

Edit: when i tried to pop Cirien-Croin i got this
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-15 14:56:09  
Well there will be another server maintenance tomorrow, and this pic shows clearly why, and clearly how their spaghetti code works.

They messed KI reward from return to delkfutt, tried to fix it and broke abyssea rewards...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-15 15:01:52  
[+]
 Bismarck.Kingtubby
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kingtubby
By Bismarck.Kingtubby 2020-07-15 19:30:44  
By zixxer 2020-07-15 20:17:18  
Pantafernando said: »
Luminiferous said: »
Looking for some clarification for Terminal Coffers. I always see screenshots of Omen bodies at the very top of the treasurer list. I know people like to go for loud thud, but isn't the first item on the treasure list the reward from the gold box itself? If that is the case why not just run in and open the box and not risk a mimic?

Or is the first item on the treasure list the rarest item, so you should go for loud thuds?

Its all about theorycrafting at this point yet as there is no structured data collected (i myself stopped registering once i was convinced of my own conclusions).

My own theory is that each “sound” is an unique pool of items:

- Loud Thud: AMAN accessory, Omen body, reisenjima gear, escha ruaun weapons, rare merit battlefield drops (gyve body, etc), tartarus platemail, escha zitah pulse weapons and sphere bodies, +2 skirmish sacks, craft mat and the “bust”: vexed pieces.
- Thud: common gear drop from 119 content (regular drops from merited battlefield, escha zitah weapons/gear from T1/2, (probably VNM mats).
- Normal: random sacks.

About terminal coffer, my theory is that isnt a static category but variable. Thats, it can be an implicit loud thud or just normal.

My theory is that mars orb terminal coffer varies from normal and thud categories. While Venus orb terminal coffer varies from thud and loud thud category.

As its implicit, you dont know whats it. So, going strictly to terminal coffer will have a higher % of thuds and a lower % of loud thuds drops.

My own records shows that aiming for a Loud Thud from normal chests will lead to more total Loud Thuds than going straight to terminal coffer, thus more chances of the best drops.

My statistics average like 1 omen body, 1 AMAN accessory out of every 47 mars orb+ 35 venus orb following this strat.

I haven't verified this but someone told me Thud= possible pulse weapon. Could anyone confirm this?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-16 03:16:46  
There is always the terminal chest that can drop even Omen body on the runs when people just rush to it.

Its not that trivial determining what chest dropped what.
By ksoze 2020-07-16 04:49:33  
aisukage said: »
Anyone else haveing issues with abyssea today. Had a small update when i logged in one of my other characters and the names for atmas have changed

For example the atma of apocalypse is now called "Fire and flames" for me for some reason

When i expended a stone i got this message

And when i killed the Frog Heqet this happened

Pretty sure that's not his KI and i checked before i entered I already had that KI which is why i knew i only needed Heqet's. I checked my KI's afterwards and it shows it as it's normal name "Doffed Poroggo Hat"

Edit: when i tried to pop Cirien-Croin i got this

This is amazing...

Looks like they hardcoded stuff that changes and they need to manually update things that are hardcoded..

Wtf
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-16 05:07:34  
Omg spaghetti code all over again.
All of this to "fix" the Orchestrion KI thing in Kam'lanaut's BC? lmao
By Josiahafk 2020-07-16 10:41:14  
zixxer said: »
Looking for some clarification for Terminal Coffers. I always see screenshots of Omen bodies at the very top of the treasurer list. I know people like to go for loud thud, but isn't the first item on the treasure list the reward from the gold box itself? If that is the case why not just run in and open the box and not risk a mimic?

Or is the first item on the treasure list the rarest item, so you should go for loud thuds?

Its all about theorycrafting at this point yet as there is no structured data collected (i myself stopped registering once i was convinced of my own conclusions).

- Loud Thud: AMAN accessory, Omen body, reisenjima gear, escha ruaun weapons, rare merit battlefield drops (gyve body, etc), tartarus platemail, escha zitah pulse weapons and sphere bodies, +2 skirmish sacks, craft mat and the “bust”: vexed pieces.
- Thud: common gear drop from 119 content (regular drops from merited battlefield, escha zitah weapons/gear from T1/2, (probably VNM mats).

About terminal coffer, my theory is that isnt a static category but variable. Thats, it can be an implicit loud thud or just normal.

My theory is that mars orb terminal coffer varies from normal and thud categories. While Venus orb terminal coffer varies from thud and loud thud category.

As its implicit, you dont know whats it. So, going strictly to terminal coffer will have a higher % of thuds and a lower % of loud thuds drops.

My own records shows that aiming for a Loud Thud from normal chests will lead to more total Loud Thuds than going straight to terminal coffer, thus more chances of the best drops.

My statistics average like 1 omen body, 1 AMAN accessory out of every 47 mars orb+ 35 venus orb following this strat.

I haven't verified this but someone told me Thud= possible pulse weapon. Could anyone confirm this?
Thud means, “very high chance of one piece of gear/weapon“
And loud thud means “very high chance of multiple weapons/gear pieces.“

Had plenty of bad luck runs with thud and no gear, or loud thud and only one piece of gear and a lot of items etc. But it’s rare.

None of them mean pulse weapons or omen bodies, those are just rare chances to load in the second you get a thud or loud thud

So you can technically stop as soon as you get a thud if the goal is purely omen bodies.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-07-16 13:27:15  
Is there still an addon/plugin that helps with cells in Salvage? Used to have one that will drop them after using them
 Asura.Lotomos
user: Lotomos
By Asura.Lotomos 2020-07-16 14:57:12  
Josiahafk said: »
zixxer said: »

Thud means, “very high chance of one piece of gear/weapon“
And loud thud means “very high chance of multiple weapons/gear pieces.“

Had plenty of bad luck runs with thud and no gear, or loud thud and only one piece of gear and a lot of items etc. But it’s rare.

None of them mean pulse weapons or omen bodies, those are just rare chances to load in the second you get a thud or loud thud

So you can technically stop as soon as you get a thud if the goal is purely omen bodies.

Is this stated somewhere? because in my experience I've gotten a shitty 119 piece from each "Thud" and only ever see decent things from "Loud Thuds". More in line with what Pantafernando is saying. I think the "chance" of loot is really just the gold chest being a "Loud Thud" in the situations you're seeing good drops from a normal "Thud".

Imo "Loud Thud" or kathwak.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-07-16 14:58:27  
I don't agree with that either. As far as I'm concerned if an omen body came from a thud it was really that the chest itself was the loud thud proc
 Asura.Lotomos
user: Lotomos
By Asura.Lotomos 2020-07-16 15:13:40  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I don't agree with that either. As far as I'm concerned if an omen body came from a thud it was really that the chest itself was the loud thud proc

Yea thats exactly what I said.

I just go for loud thuds or 2x normal thuds.

Asura.Lotomos said: »
I think the "chance" of loot is really just the gold chest being a "Loud Thud" in the situations you're seeing good drops from a normal "Thud".
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-07-16 15:23:46  
Aye, I meant I didn't agree with the other guy either
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-07-20 07:35:34  
why the hell would you 6 box?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-20 07:38:00  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
why the hell would you 6 box?

Because a party can be formed with 6 max.

If it allowed 8, he would octabox instead
By Pantafernando 2020-07-20 07:47:37  
Sup

When Mireu pops, do the unity shell call it "Mireu" or just ???.

Im thinking in building an addon to alert when he pops by reading chat log. My server just gave up beating him. It never go over 200 kills for like 1 or 2 months already.

Its clear trusts just arent being enough. Gonna have to make a proper party with mules to actually fight it
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-07-21 08:58:22  
Anyway to get the init file to load a specific LUA on only 1 character and not the rest.

Want AutoCOR to be loaded only on my Corsair mule and not the rest of them.
By RadialArcana 2020-07-21 09:38:16  
Autoexec plugin

<register event="login_yourcharname">lua etc</register>
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-21 09:40:05  
My server just gave up beating him.
Come to a better server then.

I think we are on a 17k kill streak atm.
By RadialArcana 2020-07-21 09:41:11  
Is it correct that you can only equip one ambuscade cape from each slot of inventory, wardrobe 1 and wardrobe 2? and there is no other way to equip more than that due to same name issue?

I have 4 capes and I'm pretty sure they did it this way to sell wardrobe 3-4.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-21 10:10:49  
Gearswap.

Have it say what the cape is, like:

gear.Camulus.MeleeTP = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments = "'Accuracy +20, Attack +20', 'STR+20', 'Accuracy+10', 'Damage Taken -5%', 'Store TP+10'}
gear.Camulus.ShootingTP = {name="Camulus's Mantle", augments = "'R.Acc +20, R.Att+20', 'AGI+20', 'R.Acc +10', 'Damage Taken -5%', 'Store TP+10%'}

(Disclaimer, I do not have my .lua loaded up to verify the augments are named accurate)

Then, for your gear swaps, instead of naming it back="Camulus's Mantle", name it back=gear.Camulus.MeleeTP or whatever the cape you want to equip it with.

if you do //gearswap export while having the cape equipped, and look for your export folder, it tells you exactly how the augments are for gearswap.

I have all of my WAR capes, COR capes, BLU capes in their respective Wardrobes (aka all my WAR capes are in Wardrobe 2).
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-21 10:16:20  
same here, it differentiates in vanilla as well
First Page 2 3 ... 656 657 658 ... 836 837 838