Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 599 600 601 ... 834 835 836
By Draylo 2019-07-16 16:38:06  
Best place to farm Imperial Standing? I realized I never got the chair for 50,000 so I need 25,000 more. I don't recall any high level mobs SE added to those zones.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-16 16:39:39  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Copper_Voucher
[+]
By Draylo 2019-07-16 16:41:20  
Oh, nice one.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-16 17:58:38  
Odin.Unzero said: »
Does Avatar's Favor affect OTHER Avatar's?
No it does not, in fact they don't even get their own favor.

Wards don't affect other avatars either. For example if 2 people summon Ifrit, and one uses Crimson Howl, the second Ifrit doesn't get warcry. They both have to use Crimson Howl.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-07-17 14:45:48  
It's not even just avatars or avatar given buffs. No PC AoE buffs will hit any pet.

For awhile you could take advantage of a little known trick of targeting a friendly npc with an ascension spell to extend AoE to all friendly units not just party including npcs and pets which was popular back campaign battle days. But when we discovered we could use a trust to put idk Shell V on a jug pet or auto that was too OP lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-17 16:30:53  
Draylo said: »
Best place to farm Imperial Standing? I realized I never got the chair for 50,000 so I need 25,000 more. I don't recall any high level mobs SE added to those zones.

Do incursion on a high level, farm only trash mobs, trade the mecistopins mantles to reclaimer for vouchers. Best way to farm those currencies, by far.
 Odin.Botosi
サーバ: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-07-17 16:44:43  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Draylo said: »

Do incursion on a high level, farm only trash mobs, trade the mecistopins mantles to reclaimer for vouchers. Best way to farm those currencies, by far.

Hmmmm, would this be a good way to farm Bayld as well? Need some Sinister Reign and I dont feel like doing wildskeeper reives.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-17 16:51:19  
Not really. You're probably gonna get what, 20 capes in 45 minutes with a pick up, that's only 12k bayld.

Efficiency is going to vary pretty wildly based on ilvl and group... and obviously, luck. If your entry level is like ~137 and you've got enough well equipped AoE, it's probably incredible.

WKR is 25k and you can in theory get like 100k out of them. Cap > exit > get new KI > come back cap again. You can get like a full 100k in 30 minutes or so. There's no way infailsion gets even close to that.
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2019-07-17 17:50:04  
you can buy shurikens from curio moogle, and trade them to runje, essentially just buying bayld, no idea what conversion rate was, but its there if youre targeting bayld
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-17 18:08:00  
Ragnarok.Matix said: »
you can buy shurikens from curio moogle, and trade them to runje, essentially just buying bayld, no idea what conversion rate was, but its there if youre targeting bayld

Hachiya > 99 stack x14 bayld > 1,386 bayld for 19,050k gil

I don't see any shurikens she takes from Curio
[+]
 Odin.Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-07-17 20:53:41  
Warder of Mercy just depopped mid-fight. Like literally just disappeared into thin air. Is that normal??
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2019-07-18 07:05:39  
Odin.Botosi said: »
Warder of Mercy just depopped mid-fight. Like literally just disappeared into thin air. Is that normal??

This has happened to me plenty of times, but only seems to happen if you're fighting multiple mobs at once or someone else in your party is killing the spawn mobs alongside you.

It spawns idle and appears as if you have lost claim or reset it for one reason or another despite having hit it a few times.

I tend to just kill one mob at a time to stop this from happening now.

But when it does despawn, theres little you csn do but carry on and hope it doesnt happen again.
[+]
 Odin.Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-07-18 08:29:29  
Weird, I was only killing one mob. Maybe Amchuchu provoked an aggro'd Murex or something. But yeah thats exactly what happened.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-07-18 10:22:06  
Anybody try synergy since the last update? I was helping a guy with Fotia Gorget last night and for whatever reason even getting within 2 points for each elemental level of the target(e.g. 49 fire, 52 each, 18 light, 18 dark), it wouldn't show the completion message and it would fail when selecting "End Synergy". It took a good 6-7 close alignments (and many many overall tries) before it actually worked. Am I forgetting something on how synergy works? The furnace was not leaking or anything weird when reaching the proper alignments.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-18 10:24:20  
I think it's more like 'within 5 of the overall alignment' than 'within 2 of each category', honestly. I always fully correct the side elements for fotia, and exit if initial light/dark are more than 2 each away.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-07-18 10:41:52  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I think it's more like 'within 5 of the overall alignment' than 'within 2 of each category', honestly. I always fully correct the side elements for fotia, and exit if initial light/dark are more than 2 each away.
You are probably right, the successful one was like 50/49/20/21 but that took forever with light/dark being so annoying to handle. Guess I was lucky in the past and never noticed in the whole history of like 5-6 attempts on fotia lol (really wish SE would make synergy relevant again, it's actually fun)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-18 11:17:24  
Shiva.Spynx said: »
really wish SE would make synergy relevant again

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By devasbismarck 2019-07-18 21:58:20  
When skilling up a craft does wearing +skill gear affect gains? Would the extra skill treat you as the higher skill? So if you were 4 from cap and wore 4 skill would you still get gains?
By cuddlyhamster 2019-07-19 03:13:04  
devasbismarck said: »
When skilling up a craft does wearing +skill gear affect gains? Would the extra skill treat you as the higher skill? So if you were 4 from cap and wore 4 skill would you still get gains?
+skill will not affect gains. if a skill caps at 40 and you are wearing +4 skill and at 36 you will still be able to skill up til 50 since the update several years ago where SE increased the skill up cap on crafts to be 10 levels above
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-07-19 14:52:55  
Anyone having POL network issues this afternoon?

"Network Busy" etc etc
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-07-19 15:11:00  
How did people figure out to go on the ferry to get 5 HP Bayld after The Curious Case of Melvien?

Is there a hidden message in the ciphers?
By Autocast 2019-07-19 18:47:21  
in regards to magic haste cap, in situations you are slowed can you overhaste yourself with over 43.75% haste? or will spells beyond that amount have no effect on your attack delay?

Say in a situation you have a haste2 and honor march capping your magic haste, but you also have 30%~ slow debuff on, will adding say victory march/advancing/indi-haste help bring you back to cap delay? or do you have to seek other means to reduce your delay such as JA/DW?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-19 20:21:02  
Autocast said: »
in regards to magic haste cap, in situations you are slowed can you overhaste yourself with over 43.75% haste? or will spells beyond that amount have no effect on your attack delay?

Say in a situation you have a haste2 and honor march capping your magic haste, but you also have 30%~ slow debuff on, will adding say victory march/advancing/indi-haste help bring you back to cap delay? or do you have to seek other means to reduce your delay such as JA/DW?
You can over haste, one of the Omen bosses has a slow aura and can be negated by indi Haste and March 2x/3x
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-07-21 11:15:29  
Is there some trick to get RUN empy quest to start other then wearing a AF set? High Fame?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-21 11:20:55  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Is there some trick to get RUN empy quest to start other then wearing a AF set? High Fame?

You need to have at least one piece of relic
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2019-07-21 11:22:41  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »

You need to have at least one piece of relic
Have full set and still not working.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-21 11:35:38  
There are no anythings required other than that, Go to Outer Ra'Kaznar (M-6) and check the Meeting Point for a cutscene. You will receive KeyItemRefined Ra'Kaznar fiber.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2019-07-21 11:38:24  
Tired that too
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-21 11:53:08  
I mean I just did this series like 2 months ago. It's that simple. Be a RUN. Have a piece of Relic. No fame. No day wait. Nada.

Theres a note on the wiki because obviously people do this. Did you go to Octavian instead of Octavernost.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2019-07-21 12:18:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean I just did this series like 2 months ago. It's that simple. Be a RUN. Have a piece of Relic. No fame. No day wait. Nada.

Theres a note on the wiki because obviously people do this. Did you go to Octavian instead of Octavernost.
No talking to Octavernost
First Page 2 3 ... 599 600 601 ... 834 835 836