Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 859 860 861
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-08 16:33:28  
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Can the Excalibur's additional effect proc while enlight is on? I'm assuming no, but just curious.

I would say yes, because all additional effects take precedence, don't they? They damn sure do over sambas.

OK, does anybody know the main directory for SS's? I run a search on my comp for "screenshots" and only my FF14 ones pop up... ><
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-07-08 16:38:27  
Can the Excalibur's additional effect proc while enlight is on? I'm assuming no, but just curious.
From what I've read, enlight takes priority and prevents Exca's additional effect.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-08 16:40:50  
Is an HP pav slimline s5 a good pc to run ffxi? and can I use my xbox gamepad? I am newly switching over from console after playing since early 2005 thanks for your time
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-08 18:05:53  
It would be more useful to post the graphics card than the computer itself. The answer is probably yes, but if you get someone to confirm they have the graphics card and it works with FFXI then the answer is definitely yes.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-08 18:58:19  
Ah yea see I'm computer-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I didn't even think of that I just know its slimline s5 1224
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-08 19:29:05  
No need to apologize~!

If you have the computer in front of you, go to the task bar menu (or hit the Windows key) and type in "Device Manager" then open the it and expand "Display Adapters". What does it say you have there?

FFXI can be run by any computer that you can buy these days (or within the last 5+ years), but some combinations of video cards/drivers are terrible for it.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-08 21:45:23  
Xeon E3 1200? Intel HD Graphics? Im such a noob at this lol! Yeah says Intel integrated HD graphics I was expecting something something Raedon something something never heard of this..uh proc is Intel Pent g640 @ 2.80 Ghz might as well be typing chinese lol Im still installing the game, I was curious so I ran the benchmark and got 4750 on high resolution score so Im thinking i should be ok going by the score chart but idk, any help is nice i did alot of digging and I now realize intel integrated is kinda ***but idk heres hoping to no problems?
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-09 06:09:22  
Ok well I started it up and it works yay only problem is it looks worse then Xbox graphics I'm guessing I need to adjust resolution ect?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-09 06:14:47  
Yeah, like any other PC game you can\need to adjust your resolution\graphics, which you do in:
Start menu -> playonline -> ffxi -> ffxi config
Or something like that
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-09 06:33:21  
I downloaded it thru steam the ultimate collection I searched everywhere and don't see play online folder it's in steam folder and it's just a start up app for ffxi
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-09 06:34:54  
Try right clicking on FFXI in steam, maybe there's an option there?
Never downloaded it via steam before, so I'm not sure where it'll be then.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-09 06:39:45  
Yea it just starts the program Gahh this is frustrating lol Ty tho
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-09 06:43:05  
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ffxi\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS
^ This is the folder you want (unless you're EU). Click "Final Fantasy XI Config" and it'll bring up the menu Kvazz was talking about
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-09 06:50:48  
Ah ok tyvm
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-09 07:04:47  
NP! An alternative is to do this:
Windows Button -> regedit -> go to this folder:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6232Node\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI

Entry 0001 is the X-axis window width
Entry 0002 is the Y-axis window width
Entry 0003 is the X-Resolution
Entry 0004 is the Y-Resolution

If you want to change them, double click, change the mode to decimal, and enter whatever you want. I'd recommend setting your resolution to be the same as your monitor resolution, which you can find by right clicking on your desktop and selecting Screen Resolution. It's listed as XRes x YRes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sephyrus
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-07-09 07:29:31  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Midgardsormr.Katashuro said: »
Ok me and a friend wanna start again. So we need to exp and I think Grounds of Valor is a good way. Abyssea exp era should be gone by now.

My question would be now where to go? There are quite some options but which areas/training regimes are the best to do? 75-99 for starters would be nice but 1~99 is also welcome!

Any useful advices/lists/links? Thanks in advance.
Abyssea is still the fastest way to level.

Didn't answer my question in the slightest.

Anyway, I heard it's good to do Bloodleeches regimes from 75-99 in the dungeon under san d'oria.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-09 07:32:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Midgardsormr.Katashuro said: »
Ok me and a friend wanna start again. So we need to exp and I think Grounds of Valor is a good way. Abyssea exp era should be gone by now.

My question would be now where to go? There are quite some options but which areas/training regimes are the best to do? 75-99 for starters would be nice but 1~99 is also welcome!

Any useful advices/lists/links? Thanks in advance.
Abyssea is still the fastest way to level.

Didn't answer my question in the slightest.

Quote:
My question would be now where to go?

Abyssea.

I'm not seeing how that doesn't answer the question.

But maybe instead of "Didn't answer my question in the slightest," you meant, "Oh, well, it still may be the fastest, but we want to avoid it - any other suggestions?"

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Grounds_Tome

Happy effing Monday.
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-07-09 07:34:31  
Is it so hard to understand that my questions are about Grounds of Valor? Wow...
And yes, I'm aware of clopedia.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-09 07:48:38  
So, will be a lot of people's first time doing Provenance Watcher soon. Just wondering what is good Alliance setup and some good Strategy points for the fight? A couple I can think of are...

- Don't ever fight from behind him.
- Stun every spell possible to prevent Fetters.
- If a Fetter does get out, kill it immediately.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-09 07:49:28  
You're best off going to Kuftal Tunnel and doing Page 1. Those are the lowest level monsters you can fight and they will give you XP all the way to 99.

I would recommend venturing elsewhere (like Abyssea) from time to time to cap your skills.
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-07-09 07:59:03  
Thank you Byrth we will try that out!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-09 08:06:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro said: »
Is it so hard to understand that my questions are about Grounds of Valor? Wow... And yes, I'm aware of clopedia.

You never said it was GoV onry..
All you said was "Abyssea era exp should be gone now", which it's not.
It sounded like a question, and you were given the info that abyssea still is the best way to get exp.

GoV basicly is there to level up 10-30 jobs, so you can enter them in abyssea and level it from 30 to 99 there.
But yeah, Kuftal and the bloodsuckers you mentioned are ok gov exp.
 Phoenix.Sayomi
By Phoenix.Sayomi 2012-07-09 09:49:31  
Hey thanks again for your help game looks incredible and im really excited to play, one more quick question how do I go ahead and play on test server?
 Leviathan.Matteh
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2012-07-09 10:19:06  
Shiva.Paranoid said: »
getting a new computer, i dont remember which website i downloaded FFXI ultimate collection but i have cd keys. am i screwed and have to rebuy the game?

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/99953-All-Final-Fantasy-XI-PC-Updates-amp-PS2-Disc-Backups
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-09 10:27:05  
For someone who's never done Salvage before, what would be a good zone to start with?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-09 10:35:45  
For someone who's never done Salvage before, what would be a good zone to start with?

years ago i would have said: "bhaf so you can get used to dissapointment huuuuurrrr"

now i'd say SS or ARRA. Silver seas is pretty hard to *** up and the NM's are easy to pop but it gives you a nice introduction to cells and the concept of lotting them. I know friends who solo'ed silver seas for the first several nms back in the day.... it's a pretty simple / straightforward zone.

Arrapago is more endurance at being used to being half naked for half the run (bad cell drop rate in my exp).
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-09 10:41:19  
Just looking for something else to get into between dynamis to make extra money on the side for a Relic. I don't have 2 other chars to trio-box so would be splitting Alex into 2-3.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-09 10:45:02  
Phoenix.Sayomi said: »
Hey thanks again for your help game looks incredible and im really excited to play, one more quick question how do I go ahead and play on test server?

You go to the official forums and click on the test server application form:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/25073-NA-Test-Server-Start-of-the-New-Test-Phase-%28Jul.-6%29

It should give you the rest of the instructions then.

Just looking for something else to get into between dynamis to make extra money on the side. I don't have 2 other chars to trio-box so would be splitting Alex into 2-3.

Do SSR. Here is a guide: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Silver_Sea_Remnants_Guide
Hammerblow -> Powderkeg -> All the archaic machinery on floor 3 -> GG3 -> All the archaic machinery on floor 4 -> Turtle -> Boss
It should net you about 85 Alex with a Thief and no Linen and it probably averages about 100 including Linens.
[+]
By krish 2012-07-09 14:23:38  
Hey gang,

My COR's been getting a lot of use so I've start working on Armageddon (plus it gives me something to solo). My question: once I have Armageddon would it be worth leveling RNG to use it? My question basically has two parts: is Armageddon a decent weapon for RNG and is RNG+Armageddon that much better than COR+Armageddon than I could conceivably be asked to come RNG over COR?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-09 14:25:54  
You'll get an invite as COR 9 times before you get asked to go RNG. Having both is good for groups that are already full on CORs though.
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 859 860 861