Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 583 584 585 ... 831 832 833
By Autocast 2019-03-21 03:06:29  
For hybrid damage (mainly ifrit's flaming crush but also hybrid ws like jinpu) is it better to BoG/EA frailty and indi malaise or BoG/EA malaise and indi frailty? assuming that non JA frailty isn't going to cap your attack.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-21 03:15:38  
I'm curious about that, hope Pergatory/Frod/Papesse will read to give a reliable answer to that.

On a hunch I'd be leaning to BoG/EA Frailty because attack matters two times for Flaming Crush. (it affects the damage of the first hit, which is physical, but the amount of damage done by the initial physical hit also influences the amount of damage done by the second part, which is magical. Malaise affects just the second part without having an influence on the first)

At the same time though Mab has a much higher relevance per point, compared to attack.
That is: 1 point of Mab for SMN generates more damage than 1 point of attack. I don't remember what's the exact ratio but I seem to recall it's 1:2?

So yeah, I dunno, really curious myself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2019-03-21 03:42:17  
Asura.Dexterm said: »
For anyone that has done a lot of monster rearing.
I have this Sabotender that has been at 3 full stars for about a month now. I have been feeding it a sunflower seed everyday for this month+ and poking it, it is as happy as can be. It only ever says "squirms uncontrollably", never "shudders violently."

At this point, is it ever going to evolve? Should I just start over?

I wanted to ask the same question, i'm starting to think sunflower seed is not the evolving food, i'm at my second sabotender and he's always angry when i trade him.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-03-21 07:30:52  
Every monster will evolve eventually, it just takes patience. Some I had to try to force evolutions for weeks. In fact, I don't remember which, but one had a natural evolution path, and it took me so long to force a specific evolution that it kept evolving to the path I didn't want, and I had to restart three times.

I did eventually get every single memento and it was not worth it at all. Have fun.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-21 10:32:41  
You guys might consider going back to liquids for a while (I used distilled water) to make sure the cactuar is happy as a clam. I fed distilled water until 3 stars, then fed him a seed and he evolved right away. Maybe I was just lucky too...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-21 10:50:44  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
You guys might consider going back to liquids for a while (I used distilled water) to make sure the cactuar is happy as a clam. I fed distilled water until 3 stars, then fed him a seed and he evolved right away. Maybe I was just lucky too...

I did jumbotender 6 times, once I got him to evolve with one seed, crazy luck. the other five... weeks, one even took over a month. jumbo is the only one that took more than 7~ tries

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-21 17:59:21  
Any higher and it'll start humping your leg when you visit
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Autocast 2019-03-22 00:46:30  
Does omen boss hp scaling stop at a certain amount of people? and also what is the HP increase (assuming hp is the only increase?) per person, was always curious.
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2019-03-22 04:12:45  
Does TH add one more slot to the pool inside meeble? Like Ou ?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-22 05:41:49  
Autocast said: »
Does omen boss hp scaling stop at a certain amount of people? and also what is the HP increase (assuming hp is the only increase?) per person, was always curious.
Is there HP scaling? I don't think so. Thought the only thing that scaled in Omen were objectives.

If there is HP scaling it stops at 6 anyway.

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2019-03-22 08:44:23  
DirectX said: »
They removed HP scaling entirely from what I understand. This was before I even started playing again but read it online.

Pretty sure there never was HP scaling on Omen bosses. It was released as 6man content originally, then they increased the limit to 18man w/o doing anything to adjust the bosses.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-22 09:04:02  
Exactely, the only scaling part was objectives, and it doesn't scale above 6.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-22 17:37:37  
Has anyone tested SB II to see if there is a cap since we got the DDynamis weapons letting us hit much higher amounts?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-22 18:09:54  
Yeah, it was in the mnk thread, it caps at.... (have to find it) Cair tested it.

Total subtle blow cap is 75% (any combination that gets you there it's not specifically 25% SBII)

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-03-25 21:08:25  
Is the cap on Potency of "Cure" effect received 50%?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-25 21:15:24  
30% for received, 50% for potency dealt, Potency II is not subject to the same cap.
 Leviathan.Jakson
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Jakson
By Leviathan.Jakson 2019-03-26 01:08:03  
How frequent should skills be when I'm 72 bc, doing marid arrowheads?

Ffxiah is showing only transactions as of the 23rd for me. Is something wrong?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-26 01:18:42  
Skill ups get pretty slow after 70. make sure you use food and any gear~

Yeah, somethings wrong with sales not updating.
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-26 06:37:16  
Leviathan.Jakson said: »
How frequent should skills be when I'm 72 bc, doing marid arrowheads?

Ffxiah is showing only transactions as of the 23rd for me. Is something wrong?
For me, 33~66%.
I used Midras's helm +1, shaper's shawl, Orvail ring & kitron macaron.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-03-26 11:41:35  
Asura.Byrne said: »
30% for received, 50% for potency dealt, Potency II is not subject to the same cap.
Thank you.
By Autocast 2019-03-26 16:14:39  
What are the general acc guidelines for wave3? pre buff numbers to hit.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 04:51:09  
I wonder which job can make viable SOLO farming of VD Battlefields?
Or at least D.

I haven't done them in ages, literally year(s). Went back for a quick test yesterday on a (D) Leviathan and my ddBRD got slaughtered.
I was using Honor March, Minuet5, Water Carol x2 and had ~20% DT in my TP gear.
Grand Fall hit me for over 1600, couldn't stick Nocturne even with NiTro up.
Trusts were: Apururu, Karaha-Baruha (who didn't have time to use Barwater), Zeid, Arciela and Qultada who for some reason died at start lol.

I'm sure I could do (D) if I were to, say, go /WHM for Barwater and use SV/CC, but that would mean one BC every 45 mins so clearly I can't call that "viable farming".

I can solo (D) avatars pretty easily with RUN as well, but it takes a lot of time and usually my Trusts die, eventually, so nope I don't call that "viable farming" either.

Maybe BLU? I can see BLU surviving pretty easily on (D) with all their defensive tools and Saline Coat and Sudden Lunge (does it even work on avatars?) but then again I'm sure most Trusts would die pretty soon.

Maybe I could do it on DNC as well, in a "let's see who dies first" fight. If I do a 3 step SC ending with a Climactic Flourish Rudra there's good chances Leviathan will die before he gets a chance to kill me, on (D). Haven't tried this but it might work.

So yeah, curious how you people approach these fights when you want to do them solo.
And for solo I mean, obviously, solo.
If you're bringing 1-2 mules it's not "solo" :-P
By SimonSes 2019-03-28 05:18:04  
Lunge works (not on Titan and Ramuh tho) but build resistance fast.

You need to hit weakness to lower their physical, magical and en-spell potency to speed things up. Without pet abilities, this is easily done only with Leviathan, Shiva and Diabolos. BLU can make it for sure (tho i'm not sure if Tizona isnt required here for MP recovery) but it wont be fast either. I'm not sure if that can be solo done fast on anything tbh.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 05:39:01  
Are you talking about D or VD?
Because as I mentioned, with a bit of luck, I've done D in the past with my shitty RUN, but it takes forever and trusts eventually die.

Are the requirements to hit the 3 coloured "!!" weakness different for each avatar? I thought they were the same.
WS/Job abilities for one, Magic for another and pet stuff for the last?

I never digged too much info about it though. Where can I find some details? When I did these BCs in the past I was always with a a couple of friends so I really didn't have to bother.
I was usually spamming Leviathan or Ifrit.

Avoiding Titan because of its defense, avoiding Fenrir because of the dispelga, avoiding Ramuh and Shiva for their spikes. Avoiding Diabolos because of its annoying Sleep thing.

Don't remember why I never spammed Garuda or Carbuncle, hmmm

Edit:
Is there any other D or VD BC that can be soloed easier? I seem to recall Avatar ones were the easiest in that regard.
First Page 2 3 ... 583 584 585 ... 831 832 833