Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 579 580 581 ... 831 832 833
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2019-02-02 09:14:56  
Is Pandemonium Warden solo'able with Trusts now a days?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-02 09:52:03  
Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
Is Pandemonium Warden solo'able with Trusts now a days?

yes... but the astral flows will kill every trust, and you most likely. 2 bodies makes it a lot easier. either to split up the flows or one to grab it after it kills you. Or do it on pld / run.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-02 10:18:30  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
If a paladin is super tanking various mobs and has Reprisal active, does damage from reprisal spikes put the PLD on their enmity lists?

Basically, can reprisal mess up super tanking?

Not sure with reprisal itself but spikes dont trigger or claim a mob. You can supertank using spike and having a healer curing without pulling any hate (in normal circunstances).
By Autocast 2019-02-02 10:32:02  
Is it true skills such as enhancing and healing skill up faster if you cast them on trusts rather than yourself?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-02 11:49:32  
Autocast said: »
Is it true skills such as enhancing and healing skill up faster if you cast them on trusts rather than yourself?
Yes, the skillup % is different when calculated vs a NPC as opposed to a player. This is most visible when comparing say, healing to enfeebling(dia spam on mob vs cure spam on player). However, some point down the road people figured out that it was all NPCs, not just mobs, that used the different formula. Thus, skilling enhancing on besieged generals was born.

Now, you can do it even easier by summoning a 119 trust(level is part of the formula, so you do want them at max ilevel) and casting on them anywhere.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-02-02 12:30:05  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Autocast said: »
Yes, the skillup % is different when calculated vs a NPC as opposed to a player. This is most visible when comparing say, healing to enfeebling(dia spam on mob vs cure spam on player). However, some point down the road people figured out that it was all NPCs, not just mobs, that used the different formula. Thus, skilling enhancing on besieged generals was born.

Now, you can do it even easier by summoning a 119 trust(level is part of the formula, so you do want them at max ilevel) and casting on them anywhere.

And leveling up summoning skills STILL sucks without books, lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-02 12:42:21  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
And leveling up summoning skills STILL sucks without books, lol

Wards on trust help a bit, but yea it does.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2019-02-02 13:56:30  
Pantafernando said: »
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
If a paladin is super tanking various mobs and has Reprisal active, does damage from reprisal spikes put the PLD on their enmity lists?

Basically, can reprisal mess up super tanking?

Not sure with reprisal itself but spikes dont trigger or claim a mob. You can supertank using spike and having a healer curing without pulling any hate (in normal circunstances).

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-02-02 15:59:18  
hello,
as a 99 BLU, i still have 10 spells to learn under level 60.
even naked, i will kill the target before it does his ability.
should i just leave these spells or is there something to make me weaker ?
level sync means make a mule.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-02 16:01:53  
blu/rdm cast dia, pick stronger targets etc, as long as a spell does greater than 0 damage, it gives tp, for this case, likely 50 per cast, so 20 dias = tp move

also, if its not in the ddspec spell set, skip that ***
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-02 16:30:56  
Cerberus.Gillesjboulon said: »
hello,

Mobs will TP at 1000 tp when below 25%. Above 25%, they can wait as long as 3000. Weaken the mob to 24% or lower using something that won't accidentally kill it(low lv weapon, sub rdm t1 nukes, whatever), then spam dia until it TPs. You should be able to learn any move this way, even if it is a bit inconvenient.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-02 16:32:11  
Cerberus.Gillesjboulon said: »
hello,

Most spells can be get in abyssea. What ive been doing if i need somehting there is to check a camp, grab some defensive atmas and pull a bunch of mobs. Eventually they will be using the move, just keep track who used it then kill right after to see if your lerned.
By Draylo 2019-02-02 22:18:15  
Having an issue where a character just freezes, they are still in-game and I can invite and its addons are functioning. Anyone encounter a problem like this? Just randomly happens where the character just freezes on my screen and eventually crashes.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-02-03 13:51:53  
Quick question on meditate gear: I'm about to upgrade the +1 SAM relic hands to +2 as the former has meditate +2 and the latter +8 which looks like a huge bonus. I'm confused because BG wiki says that both items enhance the duration by 8 seconds which seems weird. Is bgwiki wrong? What is the actual duration enhancement for both items?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-02-03 14:00:48  
Draylo said: »
Having an issue where a character just freezes, they are still in-game and I can invite and its addons are functioning. Anyone encounter a problem like this? Just randomly happens where the character just freezes on my screen and eventually crashes.

I have occasionally seen crashes where a character's instance of the game loses GPU access (or something) - game window freezes and GPU% is not present in task manager. However, server side the character is still running.

Can't say I've seen it consistently enough to narrow down why though.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-02-03 15:14:42  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

I have occasionally seen crashes where a character's instance of the game loses GPU access (or something) - game window freezes and GPU% is not present in task manager. However, server side the character is still running.

The only times I've had this happen to me was with a char in mog garden or east adoulin. It happened a lot when i had multiple char working on mog garden stuff and i'd lose 1-2 a night or if i AFKd for over an hour or so. I'd wager it is losing GPU access or something because i've never been able to get one to recover.
By Draylo 2019-02-03 17:18:23  
It seems to happen really frequently when I have FFXI + another game open, so a few instance of FFXI and then another game that is graphic intensive. It's strange because none of the instances of any game lag, but the freeze thing happens.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-03 17:19:45  
Never seen it, even with 12 chars + 3 VMs + overwatch running (admittedly at lower resolution). Might be a windower thing.
By Draylo 2019-02-03 17:49:44  
I feel it has something to do with dgvoodoo but I can't say exactly, I've never had anything like this before using it.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-03 18:08:02  
Freezing or crashing seems too generic to find a particular reason.

From time to time a char of mine randomly crashes out of nowhere. Given the low frequency it happens to me, i dont see a point looking for a fix.

Maybe some addon/plugin isnt working properly? Try unloading all of those to see if your crashing stop to happen. If yes try loading one by one the addon/plugin to see whats the defective.

If i had to guess, when i was messing with some addon and used a sleep function, the game entirely freeze till the sleep routine is complete. Maybe something enter in some kind of looping like that resulting in those freezes. Also happen for example when you use too quickly some packet injecting addon/plugin (like buying too fast an acheron shield or warping multiples chars at same time).

Also any char when lose connection from server take 1 min before it actually disapear.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-03 18:10:27  
I've just come to accept that this damn game crashes for no reason whenever it feels like it. beyond irritating, but there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

It could go days, or minutes.

Autobuyers (sparks etc) do tend to make it crash "more". Something about a hidden menu that you can't cancel out of.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-03 18:12:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
but there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
I mean, this is objectively false. Crashes have reasons, and there's always a potential way to fix them. It just might be too labor intensive to be worth it.

FWIW, I can routinely stay online from maintenance day until the next maintenance day with no crashes or trouble on Ashita. I think a lot of the crashes being blamed on FFXI are actually due to Windower.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-03 18:14:04  
I mean like I'll be literally standing there, doing absolutely nothing and it'll be like "crash"

I've asked a dozen times for someone to read the crash file and tell me why. It's not even worth asking anymore.
By Draylo 2019-02-03 19:00:00  
Well it seems its always been that way for this game, although admittedly I have never use Ashita so I can't speak for that. I think it has something to do with too many instances open, so it could be an add-on when I have two different games open or it could be my PC but I guess I'll have to deal with it and not play the other game lol.

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

This is exactly what is happening to me. The window freezes and then after a couple hours it crashes itself. Can't seem to get it back ever and the character is still in-game and functioning (can invite and they auto-accept, etc.)
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-02-03 19:13:40  
I can reproduce this pretty much instantly if I play something on Netflix with Microsoft Edge while FFXI is running.

I'm using Windower + DGVoodoo WIP35 + Nvidia GTX 1070 with Driver 417.71.

Video hangs but I can hear the game respond to inputs. The cursor animation updates but everything else remains static. Hardware mouse is turned on in Windower.

Restarting the display driver with Windows key+Ctrl+Shift+B doesn't fix it.

Also occurs with Ashita + DGVoodoo WIP35.

"Disable and passthru to real DirectX" seemed to fix it so it's most most likely DGVoodoo conflicting with something.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-02-06 07:22:50  
Is there a list of what stat still works when equipped off-hand? I assume most of the stat boost like Str/Dex/Atk/Acc would still work.

What about WSD, Stp, Crit hit rate, Crit dmg...etc?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-02-07 23:58:17  
Is there an equivalent of bellhop for Windower? Having the text commands to list things in my bazaar is a lot more handy than using the game interface.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-08 00:01:11  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Is there a list of what stat still works when equipped off-hand? I assume most of the stat boost like Str/Dex/Atk/Acc would still work.

What about WSD, Stp, Crit hit rate, Crit dmg...etc?

Unless specifically noted "Main Hand" then it works.
i.e Su5's
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-08 00:03:54  
Sylph.Reain said: »
I can reproduce this pretty much instantly if I play something on Netflix with Microsoft Edge while FFXI is running.

I'm using Windower + DGVoodoo WIP35 + Nvidia GTX 1070 with Driver 417.71.

Video hangs but I can hear the game respond to inputs. The cursor animation updates but everything else remains static. Hardware mouse is turned on in Windower.

Restarting the display driver with Windows key+Ctrl+Shift+B doesn't fix it.

Also occurs with Ashita + DGVoodoo WIP35.

"Disable and passthru to real DirectX" seemed to fix it so it's most most likely DGVoodoo conflicting with something.

If you followed dgvoodoo install instructions, you'd know that Hardware mouse needs to be turned off

also, why tf are you using microsoft edge?? Get firefox or at the very least chrome..
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-02-08 10:49:16  
What's the command used to show recasts in party chat?
First Page 2 3 ... 579 580 581 ... 831 832 833