Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 572 573 574 ... 831 832 833
By Draylo 2018-11-29 00:15:02  
cuddlyhamster said: »
shortcut maybe? it thinking you are casting the blu spell or bst pet ability

Thanks that was it
By Draylo 2018-11-29 02:01:52  
Anyone know where to get this item?

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/5811/forest-carp-creel

Seems it links to MMM but any other way?
By DaneBlood 2018-11-29 10:09:14  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
@Daneblood
While a few have answered on this already, the newer gear does still follow a divided by formula. I had actually made a post about this in the DRK OP and the newer gear does actually match the description. (PDT/MDT/BT/DT on newer gear actually goes over the description but it's only by a few decimal points, so unless it's in the thousands of damage range you won't notice)

I have a hard time believing the math method it based on gear.
Gear contains data not the math tha calculates it. The game mechanics would contains the math that calculates on that data.
So when it changes it changes globally for the entire math behind it. not just for certain gear

That would be the most normal way to program it.

-- edit --
or am i misunderstanding what you are trying to say ?

it sssm to me you are trying tell me there is a diffrence on how the math is calcaulte depeding of its old or new gear.
i would disagree

If you are just telling me S.E.E is beeing more generous compared to the descript with the roundign errors in newer gear,
Then im not sure why you are telling me as i was not asking into this.

I was asking into if we for sure have tested whatever the math involces /1024 or /256 as both get thrown around a lot

Quotes are good to show what exactly you are reffering too
By clearlyamule 2018-11-29 10:55:25  
Draylo said: »

Pretty sure that's the only way but as far as I know it's not used in anything at all other than using it to get some forest carp
By zaxtiss 2018-11-30 08:06:39  
hey everyone,

anyone remember how many beads you get for each tier of NMs in escha zones?
By Pantafernando 2018-11-30 08:59:34  
zaxtiss said: »
hey everyone,

anyone remember how many beads you get for each tier of NMs in escha zones?

Last time i checked i got around 200 for a Maju kill, and normally you have beads blessings in reisen.

A full aeonic run should leave you around 15k. So between 100~200.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-30 10:08:10  
T1 are 30base
T2 are 60 base
T3 and helm are 90 base

Loyalty blessing doubles it. Add in your luck vorseals at 1 bead each after loyalty. So, max of 71/131/191
[+]
By Draylo 2018-12-02 21:14:50  
clearlyamule said: »

Pretty sure that's the only way but as far as I know it's not used in anything at all other than using it to get some forest carp

Used in a quest for Monstrosity as the NPC is asking for it. Not sure what it unlocks.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-02 21:38:24  
clearlyamule said: »

Used in a quest for Monstrosity as the NPC is asking for it. Not sure what it unlocks.

You can use it to unlock the red crab with basket instead of paying the points.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-12-02 21:46:07  
Ah okay, thank you
By echohawk 2018-12-06 02:55:21  
I triple box RUN and GEO and I'm trying to figure out the third job, so that I can do higher level content party/alliance events with all three characters. I'd like to do a job that's typically well liked/sought after (for example not PUP,my current main) but I dont have the resources for any E/M/A weapons yet, so I feel like that limits me from most DDs. Again I'm triple boxing so jobs that need high amounts of attention might not be reasonable (I WHM'd an Omen run a while ago amd that was a struggle but it was also my first time healing since 2013). I think I've settled on COR, but I was also considering BRD or SMN. At first I just wanna do D/VD ambu or aeonic clears with all three chars until I can get a few REMA made. I don't wanna be lazy with my gear or during events, but I wanna make meaningful progress and have all three characters doing a decent job.

Tl;dr Basically I'm looking for am easy to play, well-liked, non EMA-requiring (relics okay) job for things like VD ambuscade and aeonic clears.
By Afania 2018-12-06 03:22:14  
echohawk said: »
Tl;dr Basically I'm looking for am easy to play, well-liked, non EMA-requiring (relics okay) job for things like VD ambuscade and aeonic clears.

Aettir Run, whm, GS war and drk, savage blade cor, rdm, maybe anni rng.
By echohawk 2018-12-06 03:33:28  
Thanks! I've already started accumulating things for COR including tp bonus gun.
Once upon a time my WHM was good, is it reasonable to triple box WHM, RUN, and GEO effectively?
By Pantafernando 2018-12-06 03:39:08  
I triple box RUN and GEO and I'm trying to figure out the third job, so that I can do higher level content party/alliance events with all three characters. I'd like to do a job that's typically well liked/sought after (for example not PUP,my current main) but I dont have the resources for any E/M/A weapons yet, so I feel like that limits me from most DDs. Again I'm triple boxing so jobs that need high amounts of attention might not be reasonable (I WHM'd an Omen run a while ago amd that was a struggle but it was also my first time healing since 2013). I think I've settled on COR, but I was also considering BRD or SMN. At first I just wanna do D/VD ambu or aeonic clears with all three chars until I can get a few REMA made. I don't wanna be lazy with my gear or during events, but I wanna make meaningful progress and have all three characters doing a decent job.

Do the third char as a SMN and work in sets for BP delay, volt strike and flaming crush. Should be enough for all zitah NMs, T1 reisen and T2 ruaun without many dangers (make RUN with good Phalanx sets, regen set and turtle sets and GEO with cure sets just in case).

I dont think you can triple box any VD ambuscade. Its doable with 4 but thats with above average gear. You will need some extra help.

About the lack of resources, make either your GEO or third char as BLU cleaver. Buy some good pieces (amalric+1, shiva rings+1, jhakri+2, nuke and fc cape, nibiru cudgel, dont worry about price, everything will pay itself soon), turn off your LS during gain exp and dobt schedule anything for that time, pull on RUN, cleave on BLU, repeating before brealing the chain, set the third char as any job you need some JP, set your unity as the lowest ranked atm, trade the prize power and acheron shields (with help of any selling tool) and probably you can cap acc every 20m, cap spark 3very 40, 20 mins to trade so youre neting 9m/h and 36m/gain exp. Should be enough to make any mythic or ergon in few weeks depending on the others pre reqs.
By echohawk 2018-12-06 05:32:00  
Pantafernando said: »

I dont think you can triple box any VD ambuscade. Its doable with 4 but thats with above average gear. You will need some extra help.

For ambuscade I meant I wamted to play all three people in a single 6 person run. But thanks for the rest as well. It's very helpful!
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-12-06 08:39:09  
Thanks! I've already started accumulating things for COR including tp bonus gun.
Once upon a time my WHM was good, is it reasonable to triple box WHM, RUN, and GEO effectively?
Honestly that would be my 3-box of choice. With an hybrid set and geo-buffs RUN can put up some pretty good DD numbers and still be beefy enough to easily stay alive. On anything dangerous an actual WHM will be huge for MP management and quick reaction (trusts are not always reliable) while on fodder/easy stuff I'd go RUN/GEO/COR and use trust to stay alive. WHM/COR can be easily geared to be effective (of course getting stuff like yagrush/regal necklace would make it next level)
[+]
By fonewear 2018-12-06 09:56:46  
Certain buffs in my status bar are not appearing anyone else ever get this ?

Example haste on me from trust. Most buffs appear in status bar but some don't just seems odd.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-06 10:48:38  
fonewear said: »
Certain buffs in my status bar are not appearing anyone else ever get this ?

Example haste on me from trust. Most buffs appear in status bar but some don't just seems odd.

yeah sometimes on my screen there is a space between buffs where a buff should be.

It's been happening since they dicked around with the trust/mounts thing (you got kicked off your mount if you got too close to a reive) that caused the emergency maintenance.

three of us play at our house and I'm the only one it happens to.
[+]
By kaiju9 2018-12-06 11:40:07  
trade the prize power and acheron shields (with help of any selling tool)

Is it common practice to convert accolades to gil via prize powders? I always worried it'd look suspicious selling 800+ stacks of something to an NPC (with addon help) in a short time frame.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-06 11:57:51  
That randomly disappearing buff thing has been going on for years. It's just totally random as far as I can tell.

kaiju9 said: »

Is it common practice to convert accolades to gil via prize powders? I always worried it'd look suspicious selling 800+ stacks of something to an NPC (with addon help) in a short time frame.

Very common... while it used to look shady as hell, they simply don't care anymore. You can see 50 people stacked up on assura doing it.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-12-06 12:02:40  
trade the prize power and acheron shields (with help of any selling tool)

I just use my acc to buy UNM items for Escha pops.. Lower gil return, but worth it to easily keep a stock on hand for my LS, plus don't have to bother actually killing any UNMs that way. lol

If you don't care about time at all, then the best acc:gil ratio is actually killing the lv75 UNMs to convert acc>sparks, then standard sparks>gil conversion. Not worth the time cost, but the option is there (and probably still faster than manually dealing with prize powders. XD)
 Hades.Dade
サーバ: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-12-06 15:50:46  
Is a requirement not listed on bgwiki for the 20,000 Kinetic Units and 30,000 Bayld tier reward for SoA quests? Ive cleared all the quests and already received the KIs for the tiers below.
By kaiju9 2018-12-06 16:21:31  
Returned recently, haven't progressed very far in Escha. Wiki says you have to defeat all NM's of a given tier to unlock the next tier. I read somewhere else (a thread here I think), that each tier 2 is unlocked by defeating a specific pair of tier 1's, for example. Which is it?

Wondering if I have to kill all 6 T2 Ru'Aun NM's before unlocking Pakecet, or if I only have to kill some specific pair of T2's.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-06 16:43:46  
Returned recently, haven't progressed very far in Escha. Wiki says you have to defeat all NM's of a given tier to unlock the next tier. I read somewhere else (a thread here I think), that each tier 2 is unlocked by defeating a specific pair of tier 1's, for example. Which is it?

Wondering if I have to kill all 6 T2 Ru'Aun NM's before unlocking Pakecet, or if I only have to kill some specific pair of T2's.

Technically, it is a specific pair. However, no one's ever bothered testing/recording/reporting which pair is required for each unlock. If you are trying to avoid killing all 6 T2s, then just check back with Dremi after each kill.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-12-07 10:06:04  
Has anyone done the new, pick your own path, sinister reign?
I don't know if's a bug or just bad luck, but only the party leader seems to be getting a decanter upon winning. That's after 5 battles so far - seems pretty consistent.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-07 10:07:43  
Whole thread on it and how shitty it is

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52864/choose-your-boss-sinister-reign/5/

Last page all you really need to know
By Draylo 2018-12-07 15:23:34  
Encountered a weird bug on my new PC, where I'll have a newer game open and FFXI. They are on dgvoodoo and they will randomly freeze. I can alt tab to other things and back to FFXI, but its still the frozen screen for the game. I'll check on a different char and the character is still in-game and not crashing. Any idea how to get rid of the freeze state?
By Jetackuu 2018-12-07 15:44:23  
Probably just restart it. I would say though do you have voodoo running just for XI or for everything? Also: you may be exceeding your video card's ability, may be best to scale it back a bit.
First Page 2 3 ... 572 573 574 ... 831 832 833