Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 489 490 491 ... 831 832 833

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-19 18:43:32  
I mean, the monster names are in English- I'm surprised it needs to be stated, lol (Sahagin/Amphibian Assault II)
By Staleyx 2017-05-19 18:53:14  
Did not even notice that thanks. Going to guess if its not a troll can come from any of that type.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-19 20:03:58  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
quickest way is generally zitah t3s not dragons

with bead blessing up(lasts 24h, so if you have an organized group you can kill dragon a few times before starting if needed), they are worth 180-191 beads each and the pops are pretty cheap

a competent group of 6-12 can kill ~40 T3s in an hour=7200-7640 beads with no worry of evaluations and a shitton of escha+2s and vulcanite ore

if you can get the timing down ultra tight such that you kill every dragon in 2-3 min and everyone gets full evaluation it would be better, but never seems to work out that way

Was talking this over and is a big point in the debate: What Bead value does each NM have?

Zi-tah t1 vs Sky Vs Reis? 119 vs 129 vs 135+
How do they stack up per kill? Is it only based on their level or number of ppl killing? I know with vorseals you also get the +bead per kill as well so take that into account already.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-19 22:14:24  
T1 : 30 + #/luck vorseals
T2 : 60 + #/luck vorseals
T3/HELM : 90 + #/luck vorseals

number of people doesn't matter, bead blessing doubles beads, and luck vorseal is added after blessing.. so a t3 with blessing up and full vorseals is worth 191 while a t2 is worth 131 and a t1 is worth 71

the main reason to do zitah is because the t3 are barely stronger than reis t1s and the pops are highly accessible, no reason you couldn't do sky or reis t3s if you had a group that could chew through them and enough pops available(in the case of ruaun)
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-20 00:44:03  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
T1 : 30 + #/luck vorseals
T2 : 60 + #/luck vorseals
T3/HELM : 90 + #/luck vorseals

number of people doesn't matter, bead blessing doubles beads, and luck vorseal is added after blessing.. so a t3 with blessing up and full vorseals is worth 191 while a t2 is worth 131 and a t1 is worth 71

the main reason to do zitah is because the t3 are barely stronger than reis t1s and the pops are highly accessible, no reason you couldn't do sky or reis t3s if you had a group that could chew through them and enough pops available(in the case of ruaun)
thank you.
By Ahamkara 2017-05-21 03:04:57  
Hi, I would like to play BLU , SCH or SMN, what is the most/easy friendly job if I started to play? Any tip or adivice? thanks :)
By Bahadir 2017-05-21 04:10:58  
Ahamkara said: »
Hi, I would like to play BLU , SCH or SMN, what is the most/easy friendly job if I started to play? Any tip or adivice? thanks :)
If you only talk about these 3 I recommend Sch as easiest to get into (assuming you start at 0).
Blu takes quite a while to farm spells so it will take a while until you can contribute to party content.
Smn will require you to get all the avatars which is coupled to quests that require certain fame lvls. If you start at 0 this might take quite a while to achieve. I think its easier now to get fame but still...
Sch is a sure bet as you can contribute to party content right away without needing awesome gear. You can make SCs either way and have others create those high numbers. Also spells can all be bought and scrolls are mostly pretty cheap now.
[+]
 Odin.Horu
サーバ: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-21 06:08:50  
blu is better as first job, it provides a base for melee'ing, while it does take time to get spells, you mainly need to get the main ones for partys/soloing first, alot of spells will come as you go along, plus its a better job for gaining gear solo/duo/trio etc since sch/smn is more lower support prior to getting their higher teir gear while blu can contribute in ways smn/sch can't prior to gaining later more better gear.

Edit: this is my opinion and i'm not meaning to discredit anyone else (Dispit how its writen), there are things that sch/smn cando better in some ways and can contribute a fair amount if done right
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-05-21 07:04:41  
BLU and SMN require 1200+ Job Points to be at the level that make people *** like jealous butthurt babies about how "broken" they are.
(And TBH, to be "broken" on SMN you need Nirvana.)

SCH, while it requires the most gear, requires the least Job Points.
The more you have, the better you'll be. But they're not required to be good on SCH. (Though they are required to MB a couple of the helixes in certain SCs.)

So I would say SCH is the easiest to catch up. It's just gear.
BLU and SMN require both gear AND 1200+ Job Points before they're the level that people expect you to say when you offer that as your job.
Plus Jakhri+1 gives you a solid 119 nuke set. That's 1/3 of what SCH does, so you're almost set with just a single Ambuscade set.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-05-21 07:46:17  
One note tho on SCH: You have a JobPoint milestone at 550 that lowers Strategem recast time and is pretty important for the overall output of a party in order to be an undergeared SC making slave.
[+]
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-21 08:19:54  
FaeQueenCory said: »
BLU and SMN require 1200+ Job Points to be at the level that make people *** like jealous butthurt babies about how "broken" they are.
(And TBH, to be "broken" on SMN you need Nirvana.)

SCH, while it requires the most gear, requires the least Job Points.
The more you have, the better you'll be. But they're not required to be good on SCH. (Though they are required to MB a couple of the helixes in certain SCs.)

So I would say SCH is the easiest to catch up. It's just gear.
BLU and SMN require both gear AND 1200+ Job Points before they're the level that people expect you to say when you offer that as your job.
Plus Jakhri+1 gives you a solid 119 nuke set. That's 1/3 of what SCH does, so you're almost set with just a single Ambuscade set.
be aware the question is about a good starter, everything else that comes later comes later (Meaning you use 1 job which starts from scratch to have the ability to work on getting the rest of the needed gear for other jobs alwell as itself).

I am a sch, i am also a blu,and while i have the gear for it, i am not so much so a smn since i haven't put the practice into smn nor do i use it (Only got 2 JP into it) however i have seen others on what its capable to do in CP/event partys (And alot of the times i wish smn's would join as long as they have the gear for duration for smn magic)and from my experience your only as good as your gear,

Job points simply enhance that depending, the 2 trait enhances for blu (At 100 & 1200)do make a big difference but not enough to say you MUST have it to do good (And thats from experience). in terms of sch, they are no different than blu or smn. infact, the first 100JP you gain for blu and smn out do sch's T2 storms by a large margin since sch's one only works on MBs while blu's and smn's actually enhances them in a continuous way.

As i said before, everything is about the gear you have, sch is no different, they require MB gear (And the only good gear for this is escha ru'an and reisei which for a beginner is hard enough to get a team for) and gear to enhance regen to start off, after that your aiming to enhance the job as a whole

Blu's gear however starts at eminent gear then in escha zitah, it does require help as well when you hit zitah but not as higher skilled team as escha ruan or reisei. however after you get the base spells (Which can be done solo even with eminent gear)such as Sweeping gouge, Occulation, Nature meditation,Battery charge,Erratic flutter. your pretty much set as a base melee job dealing a fair amount even on low ilv content while keeping up a defence with occulation (Which as every blu knows is their defence bread and butter)

Smn on the other hand simply needs BP recast gear and smn magic gear (For increased duration) to be a acceptable job, even without JP enhancements, (While as a blu i hate to say it but it must be said), in terms of actually contributing to a party at the lower jp/gear/abilitys/etc/etc levels (Even in terms of dealing dmg since they enhance all melees directly). smn is the easiest to gear if you have the time to do some of the original quests. they simply aim for BP recast,summoning magic,refresh/perpetuation gear only at first and it doesn't have to be ilv119 (Which means the can solo easy with trusts),

A lvl 99 smn (Without Ilv gear) using Hastega2,Stoneskin ga, tp enhancement, etc etc does far more to a higher end party than a under geared sch or blu and they both need lv119 to do anything really

Edit: while you can use sch to heal, a white mage will still do better in terms of that
[+]
 Asura.Ahamkara
サーバ: Asura
user: Ahamkara
By Asura.Ahamkara 2017-05-21 08:58:09  
Thanks for all the opinions, help a lot to see a diferent point of view!

I'm playing casual, I'm focus on doing main story quest while I leveling, I dont want to rush old content at lvl 99 so I take easy on leveling, now with trust I can enjoy game in other way :)

Probably i will play all the three jobs and at lvl 99 will dicide what to improve, I like all of them, but maybe in high-end content I will like to play something more proactive, not like BRD COR using 1 spell and afk ( for what I have read ).

btw, thanks Horu for your coments on SMN, that's cool to know.

If you decide start fresh what would be your first job to level/gear, and...what about RDM?
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-21 09:46:09  
most things higher end require help, so maybe pick the job you like most, While out of the 3 blu is my main job, however i have seen some really amazing sch's and smn's out there which doesn't make blu the better job, its simply in prospective on what the job is used for and the person using it.

For example(this is not everything about a job) after gearing it correctly,
Sch can deal some major heals, they have access to about 70-80% of white mages spells along with abilitys that enhance a big amount to regen spells reaching extremely high ammounts with 1 sch i saw once doing close to 100+hp per tick on regen5 while still having some major MB potentual dealing close to 3/4 or more of blm's power depending on gear/job points and being able to deal some DoT's that can reach 9999dmg per tock (Every 10 seconds) and also being able to initiate SCs from a distance which is extremely useful for mobs that deal high AoE dmg
-they are however limited by a 50sec-1min recast on light/dark arts and limit on stratergems so switching between healing and nuking mode isn't always viable since they receive a penalty from the oposing arts.

smn as stated before is a major party enhancer with some enhancements reaching a 8min+ duration for everyone in range while also being able to avatar MB massive amounts and and deal massive avatar melee dmg with avatar aura's that deal different enhancement depending on the avatar
-They are however limited by some of the BP's costing high mp and a 20sec-1min BP recast

Blu mage is a self enhanced job, focusing on melee dmg with swords while using spells learnt from mobs to enhance itself with buffs (E.g. haste 2 from erratic flutter, 10-13 blink shadows from occulation, increase to attack from natures meditation etc) while dealing a fair amount in magic dmg with AoE magic and enfeeble magic from blue spells and decent enhancement towards healing.
-they however are limited by the fact you have a limit to the ammount of equipable spells they use so you are either a full powered DD, full powered defence, full powered nuker, or a balance inbetween with powers reduced from one category enhancing another category

By the end of it all, play w/e job you like most and want to have fun with, nowadays i am more of rdm, or nin when i want to have fun.
However i use w/e job that suites the situation, earlier today i was a sch opening/closing SCs in reisei and before that i was a blu or thf (Depending on which party i was in) doing incursion and yesterday that i was a brd in escha ru'an. so even if you level one job for events, doesn't mean you can't have fun using other jobs as well
By Nefario 2017-05-22 02:59:50  
I may take a good while just going through all the old stuff i never got around to at my own pace, but eventually i will hit 99+.

What's the need to know on WHM?
I always love to be a healer.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-22 03:57:06  
Nefario said: »
I may take a good while just going through all the old stuff i never got around to at my own pace, but eventually i will hit 99+.

whm still plays a major roll in partys and is used in about 90% of endgame content, first major thing you need to get is either Sifahir Slacks (4%) which is from the high teir fight "Puppet in peril" or Ebers Pantaloons(5%)/+1(6%) which is gained from reforging whm empyrean pants.with ebers being the better one, they offer cure amount->mp with the amount being stated just before. after that you want as much as possible refresh gear, you then need cure potency and cure potency II gear and healing magic gear, then you need a heavy amount of fast cast and cure casting time gear,

At this point you need to set it all up in your /equipsets and macro it in correctly and you'll be good.
By Yandaime 2017-05-22 04:53:52  
Nefario said: »

Check the WHM guide on this forum. It is VERY well done and will answer just about every question you have.

Quick summary:
For the love of god USE SOLACE + Empy Body
way too many WHMs not using Solace as is and it's just too good when combo'd with Empy Body (the boosted 'Cure-Skin' works wonders for healing and providing solid defense for the person healed at the same time)

Empy Legs are a must.
These convert 5-6% of HP cured to your MP which is exceptional for MP conservation. Curagas practically become free, single cures are around 90% reduced cost or free, it's just great.

Get a fully stocked Enhancing are asap for barspells
Very Important for today's events. And again, don't forget Solace.

And last but not least: if you really enjoy it anbd have the time, make a Yagrush. It's a serious grind but this thing makes all of your -na and erase spells AoE across your entire alliance. It's frankly amazing for WHM and every time I was partied with one that had it, it was amazing

But again, check out that guide and I hope this info was helpful
By FaeQueenCory 2017-05-22 07:08:30  
Yandaime said: »
way too many WHMs not using Solace as is and it's just too good when combo'd with Empy Body (the boosted 'Cure-Skin' works wonders for healing and providing solid defense for the person healed at the same time)
>_____>
I don't know why all the WHMs on your server are the shitest of ***.... not using Solace!?

But I have to point out that the empy body ain't what it used to be. It's just alright.
With how hard things hit now, with or without the empy body your cureskin drops in the same amount of time.

If you can hit +50% cure potency while using the empy body, legs, and Ambuscade cape, by all means.
But to lose out cure potency II for it, as that's what other slots (and even the body) offers you... don't do it.
A 1500 Cure4's cureskin is worth more than a 900 Cure4+empy body's cureskin.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-22 10:42:37  
Which craft gives the most average guild points? With how dismal cooking GP are, I was thinking I'd burn another craft to 88 and swap over to buy all my analysis crystals before I started shield.

Post deleted by User.
By Yandaime 2017-05-22 11:58:33  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Yandaime said: »
>_____>
I don't know why all the WHMs on your server are the shitest of ***.... not using Solace!?

But I have to point out that the empy body ain't what it used to be. It's just alright.
With how hard things hit now, with or without the empy body your cureskin drops in the same amount of time.

If you can hit +50% cure potency while using the empy body, legs, and Ambuscade cape, by all means.
But to lose out cure potency II for it, as that's what other slots (and even the body) offers you... don't do it.
A 1500 Cure4's cureskin is worth more than a 900 Cure4+empy body's cureskin.

Hmmm I'll look into it further on the effectiveness of Empy Body on Cureskin but calling out a 1500 vs a 900 on one body slot is a bit hopeful dontchathink? It's only 3% bump (or 6% if you have HQ + set)

Only using the 900 as a baseline here but..

900 Potential Cure with Empy Body 119 = 351 Cureskin 1251 total
927 Potential Cure with Kaykaus = 231.75 Cureskin 1158.75 total
954 Potential Cure with Kaykaus +1 and Assumed set bonus of +2% per piece or 6% in this case = 238.5 Cureskin 1192.5 total

Just at a glance, you're losing in total cure power not to mention the lost benefit extra Cureskin = less damage taken by the tank, which should aid in his/her holding hate?

Unless I'm missing something Empy Body still looks exceptional O.o
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-05-22 20:06:09  
Was reading about how solace cureskin works a while back and apparently, without any +solace gear it caps at 300. The percentage bonus from the gear is uncapped though.

So actually, a 1500 cure without any +solace gear will give a weaker cureskin than a 900 with empy body. If you throw in the ambu cape, the 1500 would be slightly ahead but as Yandaime pointed out, those numbers aren't even realistic to begin with.
By Yandaime 2017-05-22 20:40:23  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Was reading about how solace cureskin works a while back and apparently, without any +solace gear it caps at 300. The percentage bonus from the gear is uncapped though.

So actually, a 1500 cure without any +solace gear will give a weaker cureskin than a 900 with empy body. If you throw in the ambu cape, the 1500 would be slightly ahead but as Yandaime pointed out, those numbers aren't even realistic to begin with.

The main guide still has the Empy Body up too. The way I see it, unless it destroys your entire set, use Empy body for Single Cures. Looks to be BiS. For Agas, Obviously go with Kaykaus since Solace doesnt work on those anyway (I wish)

Also I was using 900 as an assumed Cure4 w/ Empy Body baseline while showing that changing to Kaykaus or even Kaykaus +1 with assumed Set Bonuses still showed a loss in Total Cure/Mitigation. With it only being a matter of time before Empy get +2/3'd I suspect it will be the Go-To body for a long time and most certainly worth getting now for a New or Returning WHM :)
By Shazu 2017-05-23 06:32:26  
I'm trying to build Skadi's Jambeaux +1.

Arrapago lockout is 24h.

Drop rate on Freya's Ledelsens are 10% according to wikia (or 0.14% according to ffxidb? incorrect?)

Am I stuck waiting 10 days on average to get these boots? Any faster way I can get Freya's Ledelsens?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-23 09:23:34  
No faster way, but the actual droprate is higher. They wont drop if you already have them, and xidb records those cases because it doesnt know any better.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-23 09:28:45  
Shazu said: »
I'm trying to build Skadi's Jambeaux +1.

Arrapago lockout is 24h.

Drop rate on Freya's Ledelsens are 10% according to wikia (or 0.14% according to ffxidb? incorrect?)

Am I stuck waiting 10 days on average to get these boots? Any faster way I can get Freya's Ledelsens?

For what job?
By Shazu 2017-05-23 14:47:28  
Quote:
No faster way, but the actual droprate is higher. They wont drop if you already have them, and xidb records those cases because it doesnt know any better.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
For what job?

BST

Is there another option I should be looking at?
By zaxtiss 2017-05-23 16:22:10  
how many vit is it per 1 hp? or should i say how much hp is 1 vit
?
First Page 2 3 ... 489 490 491 ... 831 832 833