Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 859 860 861
By douten 2012-06-06 10:47:08  
Aluh Jambiya or Thocka for inside & outside?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-06 11:39:27  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
In which order did evasion, parry, shield block, guard and counter take priority one over the other? I forgot

Evasion > counter > guard > ouch was always the old monk order.

I’d imagine eva > counter > parry > block > guard > ouch.

Though I can’t think of a situation where you’d be able to guard and shield block?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-06 11:49:20  
Also, if you block or parry a counter, it'll never appear in the log, it just cancels the counter.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-06-07 06:45:41  
I have a question that is partly FFXI based but can apply to gaming as a whole. I was wondering how do people discover the complex formulas for various abilities and aspects of the game? Did SE at some point leak the formulas for calculating cure potency etc? I know a lot of people throw these formulas around when discussing gear and I was just wondering where they all came from to begin with.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-07 06:51:17  
With tireless testing I suppose. Trying every combination of things to see what causes a change in the results and then testing the specific amounts once the basic denominators are found.
Not quite something fun when you're the first to do it lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-07 07:43:27  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »
In which order did evasion, parry, shield block, guard and counter take priority one over the other? I forgot

Evasion > counter > guard > ouch was always the old monk order.

I’d imagine eva > counter > parry > block > guard > ouch.

Though I can’t think of a situation where you’d be able to guard and shield block?

Thanks a lot. I'm skilling defensive traits up in Abyssea and trying not to enhance certain ones over others through Atmas, so I figured learning more about their activation priority would help.
 Shiva.Dourid
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2012-06-07 14:03:30  
Is there any decent ammo pieces for sam? TP or WS. For the life of me, I can't think of or find any. Only Hagneia stone comes to mind.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-07 14:13:50  
Thew bomblet atleast?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Dourid
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2012-06-07 14:44:23  
Completely forgot Thew existed since I could never use it on DRK. Also didn't know Sam could use it either.

Appreciate it.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-08 00:34:07  
What gives a stronger wildfire /rdm for magic attack traits or /sch for firestorm and obi/twilight bonus?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-08 06:24:08  
Red mage. And you can always get firestorm from the whm in your party(I know I always do). Also you can't wear twilight cape on cor/rng.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2012-06-08 06:27:58  
But I have a question too~
I wanna start Almass and don't have war or nin to solo the nms and also would like to bother my friends as least as possible as they have their own things to farm already, so I was thinking to aoe burn for chests using Charged Whiskey.
Now, I never farmed chests in this area, so which are the best mobs to burn, and what should I use to cap what lights(ephemeral mobs, etc)?
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-06-08 06:41:01  
Seha said: »
But I have a question too~
I wanna start Almass and don't have war or nin to solo the nms and also would like to bother my friends as least as possible as they have their own things to farm already, so I was thinking to aoe burn for chests using Charged Whiskey.
Now, I never farmed chests in this area, so which are the best mobs to burn, and what should I use to cap what lights(ephemeral mobs, etc)?
assuming it works like tahrongi and knos:
Cilonids for azure (I guess can skip this if blu burning)
mobs I assume would be good: Bees, tigers(possibly, they move fast), wolfthings i'm forgetting what they are called at the bottom of the map. Edit: puks are actually probably what I would go for as a first choice.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-06-08 11:12:21  
Yilbegan?

I know the basics, how to pop, ect.

I would like to hear any & all experiances people have had with this guy. I've been fooling around with a solo/duo attempt on BST, & I'm starting to think it's highly possible. got a black abby., & going to give it a go again tonight.

also, anyone have experiance with it not facing properly? for instance, there was 1 pop when the *** would not stay in one position, everytime I tried to get falcorr on his ***, he'd turn to face. annoying. this a glitch maybe? or does he only do it on darksday? (after the wipe I realized I had been dumb enough to pop on darksday)

thanks in advance
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-08 11:16:06  
Supposedly he always turns to face if the person who fought him before you wiped.

I don't know if that's true, but I know that all monsters that are "supposed" to stand in one place and not turn towards you are capable of glitching so they do turn. It has been an issue since the Wyrm KS99 forever ago.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-06-08 11:19:30  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Supposedly he always turns to face if the person who fought him before you wiped. I don't know if that's true, but I know that all monsters that are "supposed" to stand in one place and not turn towards you are capable of glitching so they do turn. It has been an issue since the Wyrm KS99 forever ago.

welll that much is good to know. any experiance with a low-man on him?
(I saw the rdm solo thread)
 Fenrir.Camaroz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-08 11:33:24  
I know a beastmaster who I know is pretty damn good and got the shadowed Yilbegan and was one shotting pets with Dark star. That's not really personal experience but might give you an idea of how hard the HQ one is.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-08 11:40:00  
I haven't fought the HQ one, but I find it hard to believe that Dark Star is doing 5,000 damage.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-06-08 11:41:09  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I haven't fought the HQ one, but I find it hard to believe that Dark Star is doing 5,000 damage.

I highly doubt that as well, NQ's darkstar was like heavy petting to falcor. doing like 100-200 dmg
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-08 11:45:47  
I don't know what beast he had up either way that's what I was told. I wouldn't see any reason for him to bs me because he knows I could care a less about beastmaster.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-08 11:47:17  
Also it does some hp down thing I remember from fighting it so maybe it was that O.o

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-06-08 11:49:22  
Fenrir.Camaroz said: »
Also it does some hp down thing I remember from fighting it so maybe it was that O.o

that's a possiblity. that;s the only time it gets interesting at all with NQ.

I could see HP down move > straight to a meteor being trouble.

he might;ve popped on darksday as well, lol
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-08 11:54:52  
Forgot about the HP down thing, but I guess I wouldn't call that 'One-shotting pets' at that point.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-06-08 11:56:37  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Forgot about the HP down thing, but I guess I wouldn't call that 'One-shotting pets' at that point.

agreed.

I'll let you guys know what I find out, my duo partner is finally off work for a bit, & I wanted a little back up in case things get shitty.
I'll know more tonight.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-08 11:59:04  
Forgive me for like, knowing nothing about BST ... can you remove status ailments from pets like PUP can from automatons?
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-06-08 12:00:49  
Healer's Salve I and II idk lol
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-08 12:01:08  
Fenrir.Camaroz said: »
Healer's Salve I and II idk lol