Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 859 860 861
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-31 04:37:44  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Popped Fanatic's Tonic, and was still taking physical damage.
Do you remember which NM it was?

Also, tonic doesn't reduce damage taken by 100%. Only ~50%.

(Edit for clarification) - there's 3 drinks. Tonic which doesn't give a full 100%, Drink which gives 100%, and the powder which is 100% AoE.

Quote:
Just recently, I was in Besieged. I popped Fanatic's and Fool's drinks and hit a huge group of enemies with Benthic Typhoon just for fun. Next thing I know I'm being hit by magic and melee attacks like crazy and am rendered unconscious in just a few seconds. Neither drink had ANY effect. And I checked, nothing dispelled me.

Fanatics and fools don't stack. If you use one after the other, it overwrites the first. If you're 100% sure you were still getting hit with magical spells and you used the Fool's second, then maybe somethings glitched. Not entirely sure if Beseiged gives you the gimp versions or not, but if it does that could be your answer there :p
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-31 04:42:17  
Ashandarei said: »
For Twash, Rudra's, read somewhere that someone talked about a 100tp bonus dagger... Also seen and heard STR Thokcha.

Can someone clarify which offhand depending on situations? This is for both DNC & THF. Thanks.

I use the fusseto tp bonus dagger and I like the results still even now. I normally use good food like hydra kofte when farming long periods in dynamis or something so the ftp boost is nice addition indeed,

plus EP mobs die so fast its just nice to be pumping out 3 > 4.5 k rudras on stuff consistently... pretty much wipes out any mob.

I know people say STR dagger is good but I have not had time to build one.... So I cant really comment on it based on experience, but I would think its pretty beastly as well.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-05-31 05:08:21  
You have the time to buy the AH str dagger. It's nearly the same performance wise as STR thokcha.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-05-31 05:16:48  
pumping all gil into aegis atm so no I dont... but I will when I am finished with it today though!!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-31 14:11:54  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
If you used them both one canceled the other, they don't stack.
You mean using the second one will cause neither to work? Not only does that not make sense as to how this game works (it always replaces one with the other or will have the second one not take effect if two things are incompatible), but that still doesn't explain the time I used a Fanatic's Tonic without using a Fool's Tonic and it still didn't do anything.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-31 14:14:04  
If you use Fanatic's, and then Fool's, Fool's overwrites Fanatic's. Fanatic's overwrites Fool's in the same way.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-31 14:17:04  
You mean using the second one will cause neither to work?
No.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-31 15:01:40  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
If you used them both one canceled the other, they don't stack.
But that still doesn't explain the time I used a Fanatic's Tonic without using a Fool's Tonic and it still didn't do anything.
Odin.Calipso said: »
Also, tonic doesn't reduce damage taken by 100%. Only ~50%.

(Edit for clarification) - there's 3 drinks. Fanatics Tonic which doesn't give a full 100%, Fanatics Drink which gives 100%, and Fanatics Powder which is 100% AoE.

Fanatic's Tonic doesn't work the way you think it does, I think. The description on it is misleading. Bg wiki link for it.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-31 15:03:59  
Right, sorry. It said I was on the last page when I made that post so I didn't see that response. Still, I was definitely taking magic damage after I'd used the Fool's after the Fanatic's yesterday. And from previous experiences, it is 100% in Besieged.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-05-31 15:41:10  
Saw someone mention something about this here or on bg but I dont remember whats said, since you get embrava at lv5 how does casting it with say a 500skilled sch+perp etc on a level 5+ work?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-05-31 15:46:31  
Right, sorry. It said I was on the last page when I made that post so I didn't see that response. Still, I was definitely taking magic damage after I'd used the Fool's after the Fanatic's yesterday. And from previous experiences, it is 100% in Besieged.
Perhaps you were taking damage from magical TP abilities? I believe all Fool's Drink blocks is spells, not magical TP abilities like Groundburst. Those are still blocked by Fanatic's Drink.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-31 16:00:21  
Fool's drink is required to block spikes at least from Gaunab, so I'm not sure you're correct on passive spikes.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-05-31 16:40:16  
angry bomblet have any place in an outside abyssea ninja tp set?

also nin/dnc not able to utilize innin most of the time*
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-31 16:43:11  
Josiahkf said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Fool's drink is required to block spikes at least from Gaunab, so I'm not sure you're correct on passive spikes.
Fanatics does nothing? Hmmm it would suck if se made every mob different like that

Spikes effects count as direct spell damage, IIRC, which is why Fool's will block it and Fanatic's will not.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-31 16:43:36  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Fanatics does nothing? Hmmm it would suck if se made every mob different like that

I would always die on DNC by hitting 5 times in one attack round with fanatics up. Fools would stop the spikes, but then it would one-shot me.

I just stopped going DNC.

Pre-emptive: Shut up Minjo.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-31 16:47:51  
^-^;
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-31 17:10:34  
I've fought mobs where fanatic's stopped spike dmg, that's odd.

Which? To my knowledge it is fool's cuz it's magic dmg. Like as people have said, Gaunab. To block the harsh tp moves you need fan but you'll still take spikes.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-31 17:16:33  
Weird.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-31 17:29:09  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
^-^;
I've got my eyes on you...
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-01 07:36:59  
Asura.Fondue said: »
angry bomblet have any place in an outside abyssea ninja tp set?

also nin/dnc not able to utilize innin most of the time*
Saw someone mention something about this here or on bg but I dont remember whats said, since you get embrava at lv5 how does casting it with say a 500skilled sch+perp etc on a level 5+ work?

bumping questions
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-01 07:58:46  
I've never tried but I would assume it gets full duration since it is a level 5 spell.
 Siren.Mcclane
サーバ: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-06-01 08:47:02  
Can you still get skillups from -na spells that have no effect?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-06-01 14:05:46  
Siren.Mcclane said: »
Can you still get skillups from -na spells that have no effect?
No you cannot. The spell has to actually do something. You won't get any skill-ups from spells or melee attacks that deal 0 damage, either.

If you're trying to skill-up Healing Magic, might I suggest entering a Besieged and aiding in healing higher-level players or spamming cures on NPC's. (Though please do not spam cures on the players, as that would just get annoying)

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-06-01 14:14:59  
What I did for skilling up Healing Magic was go to Abyssea - Attohwa, throw on Regen Atmas, cap Spell Interruption Rate and spam cures on the Schnitters. Besieged as mentioned above is good too, though I personally only bothered during an Undead Swarm attack and spammed Cure on any undead.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-01 14:24:18  
Apparently you can also cap healing/enhancing magic using your adventuring fellow if you have them near capped level. Just call them out and spam spells on them.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 859 860 861