Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 428 429 430 ... 855 856 857
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-04 13:55:52  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Which is quicker/cheaper or easier to build, Almace or Tizona?

Main hangup is going to be the HMP/cinder. On a basic level, Mythics have a lot more to do. However, Alex and even Scoria are in fairly plentiful supply, and things you could reasonably farm yourself to boot. The voidwatch items are less so. Folks have done it, when there were the month-long campaigns. Otherwise, there aren't usually enough on the market to upgrade a single weapon, even if you had the gil to do it.

That said, Voidwatch is getting convenience adjustments tomorrow, and SE has mentioned looking at HMP availability. So, for all I know, the answer could be different tomorrow. As of right now, I'd say a Tizona would be the more readily obtained goal.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-04-04 13:58:05  
Tizona for sure would be easier to make.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-04 14:09:37  
SE been saying they were going to do another VW campaign, have not seen it yet but it is something to think about.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-04 14:13:53  
Next campaign will likely start after tomorrow's update.
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-04-04 15:55:56  
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a smithing guide 100-110? Or if anyone has experience on the cheapest path can PM me. Thank you
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-04 22:39:38  
Has anyone ever tested to see whether or not Stoneskin enhancement equipment affects Instant Stoneskin scroll's effect?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-05 00:05:40  
Odin.Slore said: »
SE been saying they were going to do another VW campaign, have not seen it yet but it is something to think about.

This is great news. I just hope it involves pouches or something that brings in more supply
 Siren.Dilandu
サーバ: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2016-04-05 11:23:05  
For the Escha equipment, can you change your augment path once it's already augmented?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-05 11:25:29  
Yes. Trade the item to Nolan as before and you can pick a new augment path. You'll retain your current progress.
 Siren.Dilandu
サーバ: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2016-04-05 11:28:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Yes. Trade the item to Nolan as before and you can pick a new augment path. You'll retain your current progress.

Thank you for the quick response.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-06 09:39:16  
Is there a way of checking which Assault's you've previously completed?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-06 09:53:47  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Is there a way of checking which Assault's you've previously completed?

They should be in the missions menu.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-06 09:54:44  
Should be a tab in your missions list.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-06 10:06:54  
Oh yea, there they are. Thanks both
By Kokonoe 2016-04-06 11:05:09  
What time exactly did the server come back online in PST 12 hour format? Thank you.
By minikomby 2016-04-06 12:24:54  
Hello boys

Anyone is having problems with windower?
mine is crashing right after you go pol --> ffxi
no idea why, was ok before maintenance

im using Windows 8
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-06 12:39:52  
minikomby said: »
Im using Windows 8

Theres your problem
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-06 13:00:47  
minikomby said: »
Hello boys

Anyone is having problems with windower?
mine is crashing right after you go pol --> ffxi
no idea why, was ok before maintenance

im using Windows 8

Are you running it as Administrator? I don't know if it needs to be now, but it couldn't hurt to try.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-07 00:08:12  
Am I crazy, or did Plastic Surgeon suddenly disappear from Windower's addon/plugin list? Anybody have an alternative?

EDIT: I'm crazy, my apologies.
By Selindrile 2016-04-07 02:39:48  
Anyone else unable to log on due to failure to "Aquire Group Friend List"? Boots me back to account select, happening to several of my friends as well.

Running Windows 7 but, there are several people I know experiencing this issue.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-07 09:12:15  
Can anybody tell me what's the setup for VD leviathan? Blue blue tank white mage geo etc? And does blue Mage sub runs fencer with geo vex attunement? Thanks in advance.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-07 09:24:44  
BLU BLU WHM is what I roll with, though Grand Falls can put me pretty low and occasionally 1-shot if I don't bother swapping to MDT. Adding a RUN, BRD or SMN for Valiance, Scherzo or EA would make the setup pretty much infallible. Obviously there's more possible setups, but that's what I prefer.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-07 15:31:13  
Asura.Foreverj said: »
Can anybody tell me what's the setup for VD leviathan? Blue blue tank white mage geo etc? And does blue Mage sub runs fencer with geo vex attunement? Thanks in advance.

Just use a melee zerg regular setup with vex attunement and whm. Brd, smn and run can replace vex attunement.

The setup are flexible as long as you focus on dmg and have ways to prevent people getting one shot.

My info may not be super clear to you, but nowadays I try to avoid just hand out the cookie cutter set up when giving out advice, otherwise ppl who ask for advice are just gonna copy and paste the setup without knowing why. A lot of people do vd as blu blu cor geo geo whm, but many other melee setup works too.

Due to the hate mechanics in old zones, tank is quite useless in bc unless it's RUN for valliance. It's near impossible to hold hate there. I've pt with JP in a very defensive setup with tons bad dd avg less than 2k ws avg. Even then I could not get hate off those 2k ws avg DDs most of the time. And I have enmity+ gears in every slot except rings.(more than 60 total)

A proper offensive setup would have DD avg over 10k ws avg, I don't see how a tank can ever hold hate in that bc. It's just gonna be a waste of slot.

Some people assumed that hate mechanics didn't get an update in bc, so that could be the reason.

Sub RUN isn't necessary, unless your support and healer aren't good.
By Selindrile 2016-04-08 02:48:43  
It's been a while but I recall Smn Brd Geo Geo Blu Blu as being pretty nice in that fight too, EA+Scherzo takes care of pretty much all the big threats, it's not as good on the fights where the Avatars have multihit ws because of the way EA+Scherzo works but, really nice on Levi.
By minikomby 2016-04-08 10:50:41  
Hello

Someone told me yesterday after you hit X mark on hallmarks, they give ítems for free, can anyone confirm this?

Also someone on Linkshell was saying that you just need 14,500 hallmarks to get full +1 set but i dont undertand this part when body just cost that.

are they lying or ?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-08 11:09:14  
Armor doesn't cost hallmarks, you just need that many hallmarks total to purchase a given piece. Other items do cost hallmarks, hence the division in purchase categories.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-08 12:50:53  
Siren.Kyte said: »
I was told that this was probably the better script for getting things with sparks. It also has the added benefit allowing you to easily get a different item instead of Acheron Shields if you so desire.

can this be used to get skill books? I was curious since they come in multiple numbers. I tried entering just the books name and i got 0 copies. When i try adding a number i get 'cant find in menu'. But not sure the syntax if its even possible.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-09 01:34:05  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
What are the highest reported values for Fast Cast and Enhancing Magic Duration on Grioavolr?
Went unanswered so bump. Simpler question: Has anyone seen +10 for enhancing magic duration? Myself and 2 others in LS have a +9 enhancing magic duration Grioavolr now and think it's strange it'd stop at such a weird number.

Edit: Nevermind. I guess sometimes you have to look at the FFXIAH item page if BG Wiki doesn't have the info.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-09 02:59:52  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »

Just use a melee zerg regular setup with vex attunement and whm. Brd, smn and run can replace vex attunement.

The setup are flexible as long as you focus on dmg and have ways to prevent people getting one shot.

My info may not be super clear to you, but nowadays I try to avoid just hand out the cookie cutter set up when giving out advice, otherwise ppl who ask for advice are just gonna copy and paste the setup without knowing why. A lot of people do vd as blu blu cor geo geo whm, but many other melee setup works too.

Due to the hate mechanics in old zones, tank is quite useless in bc unless it's RUN for valliance. It's near impossible to hold hate there. I've pt with JP in a very defensive setup with tons bad dd avg less than 2k ws avg. Even then I could not get hate off those 2k ws avg DDs most of the time. And I have enmity+ gears in every slot except rings.(more than 60 total)

A proper offensive setup would have DD avg over 10k ws avg, I don't see how a tank can ever hold hate in that bc. It's just gonna be a waste of slot.

Some people assumed that hate mechanics didn't get an update in bc, so that could be the reason.

Sub RUN isn't necessary, unless your support and healer aren't good.

We were getting 2-3min clears with NIN/DNC/RUN/GEOx2/WHM. My 2 GEO mules were doing vex/attune/frailty/haste bouncing fury. You can run with 3 DDs of your choice but its what we went with. Be cautious of spinning dive, even though its a 1 hit, it can actually kill you. This is how we were able to finish within a week of grinding while that campaign was on.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-09 21:13:53  
Does anyone have any experience killing Naga Raja or Quetzacoatl with a coordinated setup instead of a clusterfuck of trust npcs? Leviathan rarely has people doing it and it'd be neat to get the rare enemy buff back up without shouting every 20 minutes.
First Page 2 3 ... 428 429 430 ... 855 856 857