Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 426 427 428 ... 859 860 861
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-03-15 21:13:46  
Does Orvail Ring affect fishing skill ups?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-16 01:49:56  
Crossposting for visibility:

Do we know how stats based on Unity ranking are calculated? My initial guess is (max-min)*(1-(rank-1)/10)+min, but I don't know if that's how it's actually handled. Would appreciate confirmation/corrections.
By geigei 2016-03-16 02:16:59  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Crossposting for visibility:

Do we know how stats based on Unity ranking are calculated? My initial guess is (max-min)*(1-(rank-1)/10)+min, but I don't know if that's how it's actually handled. Would appreciate confirmation/corrections.

I think is either max for rank1 or min for rank2, 3rd place gets nothing. Unless they have separate formula for refresh pants and w/e 1-10 stat gear. Never bothered testing but is easy to do.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-16 11:57:30  
You still get 1/tic in third. The item description is pretty clear that everyone gets at least a certain minimum value, not sure why you'd think otherwise.

Hmm... my alt's in third right now, and her Gelatinous +1 gives 25 HP. If my equation was right she'd get 30. That's unfortunate, means they're probably using tables instead of a single linear equation.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-16 12:13:14  
How many alexandrites can a well geared blue Mage farm in an hour? Or how many salvage runs can be done in an hour? Looking to farm some Gil solo while attending to kids In case they wake up. Thanks
 Bismarck.Squah
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-16 12:18:34  
Doing Bhaflau (? The cerb one) took me 20mins to clear, doing the big room of triple gears. CDC > Sinker Drill > MB floe takes 70% of nq cerb and 50% of Orthrus, and the MB makes him take obscene melee damage after. No real danger, and if you're worried just set magic barrier or saline coat.
By geigei 2016-03-16 12:18:43  
Totally missed that, Apururu ranked first, sorry cant test stuff now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-16 12:56:33  
Asura.Foreverj said: »
How many alexandrites can a well geared blue Mage farm in an hour? Or how many salvage runs can be done in an hour? Looking to farm some Gil solo while attending to kids In case they wake up. Thanks
I was doing BF/AR in ~20 minutes when making my Tizona; lower times are definitely possible with post-Escha gear. Carmine +1 legs alone would significantly improve run times, plus they shorten the trip back to the entrance. ~120 alex/run average killing all triple gears, skipping any single gears I couldn't magic aggro en route to triples, and skipping all cotton purse NMs.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-16 13:09:47  
Asura.Foreverj said: »

Well, you're limited to buying one permit in a game day. So you might wind up being able to do three runs back to back (start with permit, finish mid game day to buy another, finish that run after the game change), or you might wind up buying a permit right after the day change.

SSR2 can be done in 20-30 minutes, with most of the variation coming down to how far out of your way you want to go for singles or the slim chance of cotton pouches.

Between the two, I'd say guesstimating two SSR2 runs in an hour is fair. It's not usually worth trying to run Salvage as fast possible, since at some point or another, you'll wind up waiting on permit cooldown. 'course, if you're working on a Mythic, you can use the time between to work on Assaults/tokens/ichor.

SSR2 is quite simple to run as a BLU, since nearly all of it is very quick to nuke down. If you're reasonably thorough, you'll net 30-35+ singles per run, plus a linen purse (50-99). You do have the chance of a second linen purse, along with (potentially) some cotton purses, but I wouldn't bank on those.

More or less, a reliable 80-130something Alex per run, comfortably done inside 30 minutes. If you're pressed for time, you can beeline to the boss and just get a linen.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-16 17:20:09  
Thanks all for your quick responses
 Odin.Gimpers
サーバ: Odin
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2016-03-17 19:00:23  
Does Hachirin-no-obi work for all spells cast on any day? For example, do I get the weather bonus for a fire spell on earthsday?
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-03-17 19:23:49  
It is meant to serve as a space saver in that you don't have to carry one obi for each element, but the spell you use still has to match the current weather/day for the bonus to kick in. Similarly, using a spell of the direct opposite element from the current weather/day will still incur a penalty, and because the obis are now all combined in one, you will *always* have that penalty when wearing it. For that reason, some people still prefer to carry individual obis.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-03-18 19:13:43  
Can the 5th floor Poroggo Madame in Zhayolm Remnants spawn if you only enter with 2 people and unlock their Pathos or do you have to bring 3?
By Wordspoken 2016-03-18 21:35:57  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Can the 5th floor Poroggo Madame in Zhayolm Remnants spawn if you only enter with 2 people and unlock their Pathos or do you have to bring 3?
North side one, no, South side, yes. Sorry, you really need three to do it.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-19 19:03:35  
How does "potency of banish vs. undead" effect work?

Banish III already lowers the physical resistances of undeads by 97% afaik and there are items which have this effect at levels higher than 3 so I assume this "potency" can't be "even less physical resistance". I also tested damage, it doesn't add anything. That leaves either duration or magical resistances (or do banish spells already lower magical resistances as well as physical ones?). Was this ever tested recently?

I found a test for some ring over at BG from years ago and it seems this "potency of banish vs. undead" lowers resistance even further but it was only tested up to banish II (I guess banish III wasn't added to the game).
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2016-03-21 12:42:37  
So... I missed the salvage bus the first time... and second time around and am just now doing 75 salvage. I am trying to get movement speed boots for BST and have all the dorps I need, minus arrapago.

Last night I had an AWFUL run. I went through nearly to the boss with only my weapon, and body armor unlocked. This sucked hardsauce because with no pet, I could not kill the little *** qiqirn dudes who run around and/or warp.

What did I hose up? Is there a guaranteed way to unlock more/all gear slots when doing this that I missed?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-03-21 13:05:15  
Do GEO-debuff spells stack? Like 2x frailty on a mob?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-21 13:08:44  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Do GEO-debuff spells stack? Like 2x frailty on a mob?

Nope, and Indi+Geo of the same type don't either. Much past 2 GEO and you're starting to really lose their usefulness.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-03-21 13:12:43  
Thanks, I didn't think they did, but I read a post lastnight from someone who said both their geo's used frailty, and I was a little confused as to why.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-24 10:05:56  
Does the Shinryu abjuration gear retain the Dragon Affinity that Wyrmal abjuration gear has?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-24 11:49:52  
Asura.Isiolia said: »
Does the Shinryu abjuration gear retain the Dragon Affinity that Wyrmal abjuration gear has?
An interesting one, I'll stick my mule on DRG on spam cure on her to see if I get intimidated, 4/5 on Carmine +1 so if it's still there I should get a good intimidation rate.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-03-24 11:56:44  
Titan.Lillica said: »
So... I missed the salvage bus the first time... and second time around and am just now doing 75 salvage. I am trying to get movement speed boots for BST and have all the dorps I need, minus arrapago.

Last night I had an AWFUL run. I went through nearly to the boss with only my weapon, and body armor unlocked. This sucked hardsauce because with no pet, I could not kill the little *** qiqirn dudes who run around and/or warp.

What did I hose up? Is there a guaranteed way to unlock more/all gear slots when doing this that I missed?
Arrapago droprates are terrible for cells. Killing more qutrub will increase droprate on cells from skeletons and vice versa on floor 1.

Ranged cells only drop from certain lamia and 5f/6f triple gears. You can spectral jig around the first floor to specifically target them and get your pet. There's no way to increase the droprate, but you should be able to get at least one ranged if you kill all the appropriate lamia on 1f.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2016-03-25 21:49:33  
Does anyone have the Japanese version of FFXI installed? I found something that can extract the area models but it seems to only work with the JP client. I'm trying to convert some areas to Unity to bring into VR.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-03-25 21:54:45  
The JP client files are included in the NA client, as far as I know. Does the program allow you to select files or locate them automatically? Perhaps you could just add the JP registry entry for install location and it'd work.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2016-03-25 22:22:58  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The JP client files are included in the NA client, as far as I know. Does the program allow you to select files or locate them automatically? Perhaps you could just add the JP registry entry for install location and it'd work.

Tried the registry thing, but no such luck. I was able to install the JP client, though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-26 11:12:52  
Do we know the skillchain damage multipliers for radiance/umbra skillchains?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-26 12:36:53  
I think it's 200% before modifications.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-26 12:55:06  
Need info on 3-6 step skillchains too, though knowing the multipliers for 3/4 step is probably enough to infer values for 5/6 step. ie:

Skillchain23456
Level 10.50.60.70.80.9
Level 20.60.751.01.251.5
Level 31.01.51.752.02.25
Ultimate2.0?????

Need the ?s resolved.

Does Mujin Band break cap on SC Bonus as well as MBB? Do any other items break cap?
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-03-27 02:43:03  
Where does "Shukuyu Ring" drop from?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-27 03:15:37  
Ru'aun Suzaku