Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 423 424 425 ... 859 860 861
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-22 03:24:53  
Cerberus.Kyka said: »
The large pinks, Pixie type wings that I've seen players wearing for extended amounts of time, what are they and how do I obtain them? Thanks in advance.

gyve doublet (Promathia merit BC) or tartarus platemail a.k.a. "don't bother if you don't want to lose your sanity" (Plouton in Vagary)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kyka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kyka 2016-02-22 04:41:15  
gyve doublet (Promathia merit BC) or tartarus platemail a.k.a. "don't bother if you don't want to lose your sanity" (Plouton in Vagary)[/quote]

Thanks for the info, hubby has been bugging me asking "where they heck did they get them?" and I'm the research person and I was drawing a complete goose egg. Really appreciate a quick response...and LOL "don't bother if you don't want to lose your sanity".......hmmm, I've been on a lot of those types of hunts, prob explains why I'm still playing after 9 years.
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-02-22 06:47:36  
Is Khon solo'ble on BLM or SMN with trusts?

Does it act like Met?

Please advice.
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-02-22 07:44:09  
Probably not. He spams gambit and I don't think either of those jobs can cover the weaknesses. He opens the fight with flank opening and shah mat (terror/doom gaze), and the gaze only goes away when you proc him. Gaze will kill trusts.

I solo'd him on SCH by SC/MB helix II and then dying before he got enough TP to gambit, since gambit will erase any debuffs on him. Reraise, rebuff, and alacrity/ebullience T5 nuke when his HP was low enough. Worked 80-90% of the time, since he sometimes still uses gambit asap. Try your elements and if it doesn't work, run away and restart with a new lens.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-22 08:09:53  
SMN should be able to. Is that the one weak to fire? Should be able to start with double Flaming attack thingy. Then go through the gamut of weaknesses if he puts shield up. If notging procs, wait until he puts up a new shield and try again.
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-02-22 08:39:50  
Iirc Met is the one weak to fire. I can't verify which element Khon is weak to, I always just used ice or thunder..

Is Flaming Crush considered H2H or blunt? Khon seems to like the H2H shield. And you need to be careful with positioning to ensure avatar doesn't get terrored while trying to blood pact.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-02-22 21:34:56  
Can't remember what Khon does apart from Shah Mat, Khun was the most annoying one
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-22 22:00:07  
what are some good places for aoes? I usually only used one area before escha was released for xp. But if someone shows up or someones already there then im sol. I aint goona be that guy camp over them. In fact i just went there and a pld was there. But he teled out so i got set up. But he returned a few minutes later. So i left. - Im not looking for mass xp in the normal sense. Any mob that can yield 5k+ is good enough. Doesnt have to be a 10-150-20k mob. I was doing them one at a time in sky the other day.
I was looking briefly in escha zi tah. But the top area was all worms. Above that dragons and weapons. Weapons stop for magic, and havnt fought the dragons but im guess not the greatest. a few places in the southern area were camped so i didnt look around to much.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-22 22:28:49  
it feels odd to say that.. that weve reached the point where im even able to say 5k... the low end of xping.. is ok
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-23 20:58:22  
guess noone wants to give there areas away'

diff question, can you get the ki from ra'kaznar skirmish if you only complete the primary objective and not the secondary? I havnt had luck in getting them and was wondering.
By Leadleaf 2016-02-23 21:21:51  
Yes, the secondary objective will increase the drop rate further though.
There are skirmish campaigns that increase the KI drop% further and one had just finished. During campaign I had about >50% drop rate just spamming 1/1/1 primaries.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-23 21:36:34  
i started a long while back doing them for ki. My taru upgraded two pieces and my main never got a single ki. (no i dont have one already) And i wasnt getting any today either. Been rather annoying.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-23 21:41:42  
Drop rate on the KI is back to being ***now, no getting around it for a while. KI was guaranteed on secondary objective during last week's campaign, you missed out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-24 00:32:30  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
what are some good places for aoes? I usually only used one area before escha was released for xp. But if someone shows up or someones already there then im sol. I aint goona be that guy camp over them. In fact i just went there and a pld was there. But he teled out so i got set up. But he returned a few minutes later. So i left. - Im not looking for mass xp in the normal sense. Any mob that can yield 5k+ is good enough. Doesnt have to be a 10-150-20k mob. I was doing them one at a time in sky the other day.
I was looking briefly in escha zi tah. But the top area was all worms. Above that dragons and weapons. Weapons stop for magic, and havnt fought the dragons but im guess not the greatest. a few places in the southern area were camped so i didnt look around to much.

Escha-Zitah #2 dragons and puks. Most of the time, you will find several BSTs there though. It is a great camp as long as you are lucky to find it free.

Escha-Sky #1 aerns and sharks. You will find plenty of them to the sides of the area where Naga Raja pops. It may get annoying to gather them at times due to sharks moving a lot for long distances, but you will get used to it.

You can also look into killing one at a time at Reisenjima #3 (ladybugs and chapulis) or #5 (mosquitoes and beetles). There are also hippogryphs (and porxies) to the west of #5. Hippogryphes (and I guess mosquitoes and ladybugs as well) have relatively low HPs so they are great for casual xping.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
サーバ: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-02-24 08:01:50  
What's the current default strat for Seiryu ?

From what I heard it's a zerg fight, what would be a good setup ?

edit: Nevermind, answered my own question

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47462/seiryu-v2-strategy/
By minikomby 2016-02-25 21:59:07  
Help growing my abyzal wyrm

My monster got 3 starts now and I already gave it a couple honey wines but not happen to move to next evolution, does anyone know what am I doing wrong or if evolution item is different?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-26 00:35:05  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
If I wanted to check which servers are still up, could I go off of the FFXIAH.COM server list? And also, are there any merger rumors or schedules in the works?

No server mergers have been announced, or even hinted at officially.

For server status, here's the official site
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/service/ff11usindex.html

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-26 01:48:38  
minikomby said: »

My monster got 3 starts now and I already gave it a couple honey wines but not happen to move to next evolution, does anyone know what am I doing wrong or if evolution item is different?

You must set the parenting style as "Enjoying the moment". You can't force an evolution while it is "Personal growth". Also feeding doesn't seem to work when the monster reaches 3 stars (correct me if I am wrong).

You should feed and interract with it until it is 2.5 stars while the parenting style is "Personal growth" then switch to "Enjoying the moment", only then start feeding it the evolution food.

If the game does NOT tell you it "squirms uncontrollably" when you feed it the evolution food, then it is either too early (check stars) or it is too late (3 stars) and you have to start over unless you may be willing to wait for it to evolve without feeding the evolution food. I have already grew two Abyssal Wyrms without trading any Honey Wines to the dragon hatchling and one King Behemoth without trading any Savory Shanks to my behemoth. But it takes much longer than just using the evolution food and in the case of dragon hatchling, it is possible to get it to evolve into wyvern instead of Abyssal Wyrm, but there is no other option for the Behemoth to evolve into.
 Leviathan.Kidnoftle
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kidnoftle
By Leviathan.Kidnoftle 2016-02-26 09:27:56  
Does anyone know why Rhapsodies 1-18 "Ring my Bell" won't progress when you check Gilga's door?

Have ZM,COP,TOA,SOA,WOTG9 done. I get flavor text from Comitiolus "Ol sea dog, have ya heard anythin bout where this stoic warrior guy "Tenzen" is? Fraid I cant let you see our leader until he comes along, what with all this Escha hullabaloo goin on.

Thanks for any help!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-26 09:42:02  
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

You must set the parenting style as "Enjoying the moment". You can't force an evolution while it is "Personal growth". Also feeding doesn't seem to work when the monster reaches 3 stars (correct me if I am wrong).

You should feed and interract with it until it is 2.5 stars while the parenting style is "Personal growth" then switch to "Enjoying the moment", only then start feeding it the evolution food.

If the game does NOT tell you it "squirms uncontrollably" when you feed it the evolution food, then it is either too early (check stars) or it is too late (3 stars) and you have to start over unless you may be willing to wait for it to evolve without feeding the evolution food. I have already grew two Abyssal Wyrms without trading any Honey Wines to the dragon hatchling and one King Behemoth without trading any Savory Shanks to my behemoth. But it takes much longer than just using the evolution food and in the case of dragon hatchling, it is possible to get it to evolve into wyvern instead of Abyssal Wyrm, but there is no other option for the Behemoth to evolve into.
Some of what you're saying is off, allow me to make a few corrections:

- Setting to "Live in the moment" is only necessary if they run the risk of a "normal" evolution. In the case of Abyssal Wyrm, it's not necessary.
- Having 3 stars doesn't cause problems with squirm, you only miss the window if it grows into some other path you didn't want. No need to start over if it reaches 3 stars.

Minikomby, if you're having problems with your dragon, the real question should be whether or not it's still a hatchling, which is the only time where Honey Wine is of any use. Note that Abyssal Wyrm refers to the Fafnir model.
 Asura.Neufko
サーバ: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-02-26 09:49:37  
Leviathan.Kidnoftle said: »
Does anyone know why Rhapsodies 1-18 "Ring my Bell" won't progress when you check Gilga's door?

Have ZM,COP,TOA,SOA,WOTG9 done. I get flavor text from Comitiolus "Ol sea dog, have ya heard anythin bout where this stoic warrior guy "Tenzen" is? Fraid I cant let you see our leader until he comes along, what with all this Escha hullabaloo goin on.

Thanks for any help!

Wiki says :

If you are on one of the below Chains of Promathia missions, Tenzen is unavailable and you cannot finish this mission. Once you've progressed past the mission, you can continue.
Desires of Emptiness / The Warrior's Path / Garden of Antiquity / When Angels Fall / Dawn
If you start The Warrior's Path, you must finish the entirety of Dawn including the cutscene for The Chains Fall Free in Lufaise Meadows. This will include a Japanese Midnight wait.
If Tenzen is unavailable, clicking the door will result in Comitiolus saying "Ol' sea dog, have ya heard anythin' 'bout where this stoic warrior guy "Tenzen" is? 'Fraid I can't let ya see our leader until he comes along, what with all this Escha hullabaloo goin' on."

Did you get that final cutscene in lufaise meadows ?
 Leviathan.Kidnoftle
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kidnoftle
By Leviathan.Kidnoftle 2016-02-26 10:00:05  
Oh, didn't even realize otherwiki was still being updated lol, .-. Thanks! I think that does it~
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-26 10:45:21  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

Some of what you're saying is off, allow me to make a few corrections:

- Setting to "Live in the moment" is only necessary if they run the risk of a "normal" evolution. In the case of Abyssal Wyrm, it's not necessary.
- Having 3 stars doesn't cause problems with squirm, you only miss the window if it grows into some other path you didn't want. No need to start over if it reaches 3 stars.

Minikomby, if you're having problems with your dragon, the real question should be whether or not it's still a hatchling, which is the only time where Honey Wine is of any use. Note that Abyssal Wyrm refers to the Fafnir model.

Well, some of what you say are also off :) 1) There are two paths for both dragon hatchling and Abyssal Wyrm. You need "enjoy the moment" to make sure it evolves into the path you want. I have already had two Abyssal Wyrms under "personal growth" without using any Honey Wines and it is not a "normal" path. 2) That is the whole point. You miss the window. He/she is apparently trying to get Abyssal Wyrm hence using Honey Wine. If he/she doesn't use the wine while in the window, it may evolve into wyvern (or either tiamat or vrtra if it is already fafnir). Nevermind, missed the "if" part. My comment about 3 stars was based on what is written on bgwiki. It is said that food has no effect on evolution at 3 stars. I have also experienced that first hand (unless I was extremely unlucky). Once I tried to get slime to evolve into hecteyes by spamming chimera blood at it at 3 stars for like forever under "enjoy the moment" and although it said it squirmed every time, it never evolved.

Post deleted by User.
By minikomby 2016-02-26 18:50:28  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
minikomby said: »Help growing my abyzal wyrm

Thanks guys i found my mistake.
If the game does NOT tell you it "squirms uncontrollably" when you feed it the evolution food, then it is either too early (check stars) or it is too late (3 stars) and you have to start over unless you may be willing to wait for it to evolve without feeding the evolution food. I have already grew two Abyssal Wyrms without trading any Honey Wines to the dragon hatchling and one King Behemoth without trading any Savory Shanks to my behemoth. But it takes much longer than just using the evolution food and in the case of dragon hatchling, it is possible to get it to evolve into wyvern instead of Abyssal Wyrm, but there is no other option for the Behemoth to evolve into.Some of what you're saying is off, allow me to make a few corrections:

By minikomby 2016-02-26 19:29:00  
Hey guys

Im trying to ge Crit Hit rate and acc on valorous gears, anyone know what Stone is for that?

or and which one is for DT + acc

Thanks
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-26 20:56:02  
Pellucid for derived stats.
Taupe for stats.
Fern for fun stuff.

Stats = STR DEX VIT etc
Derived stats = acc atk MAB etc
Fun stuff = everything else

You'll get any and all with any stone type, but the type of stone favors higher values and specific augments as above.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 423 424 425 ... 859 860 861