Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 342 343 344 ... 849 850 851
By Refia1 2015-01-13 16:02:30  
which gorgets do i need to cover all the jobs WS or all the good ones at least? and can you toss one and reobtain it?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-13 16:04:30  
Light Shadow Snow and Breeze gorget/belts covers pretty much every "endgame" WS.
Yes, you can drop one and reobtain it.
By Zackan 2015-01-13 16:18:04  
Pantafernando said: »
Zackan said: »
Does the high Ilevel gear reduce your ability to skill up in anyway?

More specifically this question is, does the +200 or so skill effect your skill ups, such as making it harder especially in the higher skill levels?

Hitting roots in reive are the best way to skill up. For that, you actually want your weakest weapon so you can prolong the reive. Afking with char autoattacking root will cap your skill while you are sleeping.

using melee weapons lets the mobs around the reive aggro you, so you can't really do that 'in your sleep' , using ranged weapons, it doesn't auto equip new ammo for me, so again i can't do that 'in my sleep'
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-13 16:35:51  
If you want to skill up, the Uragnites in Ceizack are perfect. You can grab one, pull it where ever you want, and melee it for basically the rest of your life if you so choose. Trusts will keep you alive, and they will cap out to A+ 99.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-13 16:40:26  

More specifically this question is, does the +200 or so skill effect your skill ups, such as making it harder especially in the higher skill levels?

Hitting roots in reive are the best way to skill up. For that, you actually want your weakest weapon so you can prolong the reive. Afking with char autoattacking root will cap your skill while you are sleeping.

using melee weapons lets the mobs around the reive aggro you, so you can't really do that 'in your sleep' , using ranged weapons, it doesn't auto equip new ammo for me, so again i can't do that 'in my sleep'

I skilled marksmanship from about a 120 to RNG cap using a Machine Crossbow on Ceizak mandies. Sleep bolts help and it doesn't take long at all.
By mortontony1 2015-01-13 16:46:51  

I've found a few reives where if you get the positioning correct, they won't even look at you.
By Zackan 2015-01-13 17:08:29  
mortontony1 said: »

I've found a few reives where if you get the positioning correct, they won't even look at you.

melee or ranged? It is too easy to not get aggro when skilling ranged, the issue being having to manually change ammo.

Melee you don't have the ammo issue but you have the enemies aggroing you issue
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-13 17:15:58  

melee or ranged? It is too easy to not get aggro when skilling ranged, the issue being having to manually change ammo.

If you want to skill melee do as Valli suggested and summon a whm trust or two, start whacking a uragnite, and afk for awhile.

For ranged, you'll either have to figure out how to get autoRA to work properly (and not stop when you reach 1k TP) or use something else.

Or, you know, stand there and pew things.

Magic is even simpler, capping any magic skill except perhaps healing/enhancing can be done in any reive.

That said, I am nowhere near bored enough to skill summoning magic that way.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-13 17:39:10  
I may have mentioned it pages ago, but there's an easy way to automatically level a melee skill from 0-200ish.

1) Grab the weakest, fastest weapon of that type you can find, and a gold beastcoin.
2) Go to Sea Serpent Grotto, and navigate to behind the gold beastcoin door.
3) Among the sahagins just past the door, you'll find a little safe area between some rocks, near the waterfall pond. This is your camp.
4) Kill the WHM sahagins (and I guess the others) in the area until either Novv the Whitehearted or Yarr the Pearleyed spawn.
5) Pull out trusts like Ulmia/Joachim, Koru-Moru/Cherukiki, and Sakura; you should be sustainable and pretty well hasted.
6) Equip your weak weapon, pull the NM, and go afk. Both of these NMs are WHMs with extremely high auto-regen (1-2% per tick) that you cannot hope to overcome with such a weak weapon.
7) Return hours later for a good jump in your skill levels.

Now, I've only done this a couple times, but it's proven successful for getting skills up for Abyssea/VW procs when I've been out with friends or sleeping or something.
[+]
By Zackan 2015-01-13 17:51:49  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

If you want to skill melee do as Valli suggested and summon a whm trust or two, start whacking a uragnite, and afk for awhile.

For ranged, you'll either have to figure out how to get autoRA to work properly (and not stop when you reach 1k TP) or use something else.

Or, you know, stand there and pew things.

Magic is even simpler, capping any magic skill except perhaps healing/enhancing can be done in any reive.

That said, I am nowhere near bored enough to skill summoning magic that way.

i hear the way to level enhancing/healing magic is to spam it on your trusts

and fixing the 1k tp issue is easy

step 1: press 'insert' to open your console
step 2: type in 'ara haltontp off'
step 3: press 'insert' to close your console

My issue still being changing ammo
By Zackan 2015-01-13 17:53:05  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I may have mentioned it pages ago, but there's an easy way to automatically level a melee skill from 0-200ish.

1) Grab the weakest, fastest weapon of that type you can find, and a gold beastcoin.
2) Go to Sea Serpent Grotto, and navigate to behind the gold beastcoin door.
3) Among the sahagins just past the door, you'll find a little safe area between some rocks, near the waterfall pond. This is your camp.
4) Kill the WHM sahagins (and I guess the others) in the area until either Novv the Whitehearted or Yarr the Pearleyed spawn.
5) Pull out trusts like Ulmia/Joachim, Koru-Moru/Cherukiki, and Sakura; you should be sustainable and pretty well hasted.
6) Equip your weak weapon, pull the NM, and go afk. Both of these NMs are WHMs with extremely high auto-regen (1-2% per tick) that you cannot hope to overcome with such a weak weapon.
7) Return hours later for a good jump in your skill levels.

Now, I've only done this a couple times, but it's proven successful for getting skills up for Abyssea/VW procs when I've been out with friends or sleeping or something.

this sounds unpleasant compared to colonization reives. Colonization Reives let you go 0-Cap, why would i want to do something like this to go 0-200 hmm

or even better, do that uragnite thing people are talking about
By mortontony1 2015-01-13 17:57:36  

With melee. Can't remember which one, but one or two of them in ceizak I'm able to totally afk without aggro if I'm in the right spot.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-13 18:02:38  
this sounds unpleasant compared to colonization reives. Colonization Reives let you go 0-Cap, why would i want to do something like this to go 0-200 hmm

Unlike the Reives, these NMs regen. Unlike the uragnites, they won't be dishing out poison and their melee hits are weak, so you can be safe regardless of what gear you're wearing. Plus, they're much easier to hit.
By Zackan 2015-01-13 18:27:57  

Unlike the Reives, these NMs regen. Unlike the uragnites, they won't be dishing out poison and their melee hits are weak, so you can be safe regardless of what gear you're wearing. Plus, they're much easier to hit.

not easier to hit than trees or rocks that are immovable heh
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-13 18:30:17  

You can miss rocks.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 18:33:21  

You can miss rocks.

Capping accuracy does not mean 100% hit rate. You can miss roots or rocks in reive not because they have evasion, but because youre capped at 95% hit rate (or 99% for 1h).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-13 18:40:46  

You can miss rocks.

Capping accuracy does not mean 100% hit rate. You can miss roots or rocks in reive not because they have evasion, but because youre capped at 95% hit rate (or 99% for 1h).

99% is main hand only, offhand is still 95, so effectively 97% for dual wielders.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 20:44:10  

Aggroing just happen if your char enters mob aggro range. If you can stand in the blind spot, you can skillup while afking.

About the ranged attack skill up, you can actually do a little trick to reload your ammo: using command /equipset before shooting, your char will reload ammo if you have it in inventory. I dont know how to rewrite autora to make it execute /equipset command before shooting, but a very very rustic solution would be opening a notepad and write countless lines like:

input /equipset x
input /ra <t>
wait y
input /equipset x
input /ra <t>
wait y
input /equipset x
input /ra <t>
wait y

Its not a smart script, but will work for skillups and will make sure you reload your ammo provided your equipset has the ammo stored.

Anyway, I did a quick video to show what i just said.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-13 20:49:36  
im not sure what the point of equipset is instead of just macroing /equip "ammo" "ammo name" if you're doing that?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-15 08:27:13  
What's the macro command to equip a gearset? I mean, the ingame gearset thingies.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-15 08:28:32  
I thought that Jan was supposed to add more "gifts" or job point categories, I guess that was Feb instead?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-15 09:31:49  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What's the macro command to equip a gearset? I mean, the ingame gearset thingies.
/equipset ### echo
### can be either 1, 01, or 001. Chances are that you could go full stupid and write something like 0000000000001... but I've never tried. Or even considered testing such ridiculous nonsense.
"echo" is optional, but I like having a log message for it like /equip commands do.
Just to make sure everything is changing when I want it to.
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-01-15 13:46:37  
When building a mythic:

Does defeating the 4 chariots in salvage 2 count, or must it be done in the original salvage 1 zones?
 Asura.Elreck
サーバ: Asura
user: Nodar
By Asura.Elreck 2015-01-15 13:49:27  
Has to be done in salvage 1, also dont forget to do roe when you do.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-15 14:13:57  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »
When building a mythic:

Does defeating the 4 chariots in salvage 2 count, or must it be done in the original salvage 1 zones?

You need the title for clearing the zone boss, not just killing a chariot with that name, so it must be the salvage 1 version.
 Valefor.Ophannus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-15 14:30:34  
How does /macro work? I heard it lets you switch macro books when toggled
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 14:34:34  
/macro set #
will jump you to a certain line inside the same book.

/macro book #
Will jump you to a book

You can use both together to change your current macro pallete to anyone you can have.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Macro
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-01-15 14:35:24  
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
How does /macro work? I heard it lets you switch macro books when toggled
You can use it to switch between macro sets or books by using commands

/macro set #
/macro book #

I use it in my scholar macros to setup a hub for certain arts/spell types.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-01-16 08:09:13  
I just started up playing again, and now my weapon appearance keeps changing every 20-30 seconds. Tsurumaru looks like Ragnarok w/ afterglow, Izhii looks like Kikoku w/ aftermath, and Terra's Staff looks like some variation of the ash staff model. Anyone know a way of fixing this without re-installing?
First Page 2 3 ... 342 343 344 ... 849 850 851