Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 859 860 861
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-30 15:45:16  
I did it some time ago with a very casual group(ifyouknowwhatImean). A nin kited the dragons and everyone else killed the eye simply zerging.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-30 15:45:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
what's a good setup/strategy to lowman dynamis beaucidine boss? the regular one, not the arch version.
Zerg it with heavy DDs. It's almost impossible to kite the dragons because of battlefield restrictions. Get them as far away as possible and unload.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-05-01 08:06:32  
we just did it for my whm mule.
pop with thf.
main tank provokes on eye
thief runes off with dragons kiting them during fight
rest of pt joins to kill eye

however in my run i was main tank and got the popitem.
so we had to make thief try to AE to get dragons off me and kite the, around.
i tried to walk away with the eye to fast and pulled dragons towards the group.. was not good

We still got the win though
so now i can bring my whm mule to Xarc to farm the last 2 items for my mandau.... im happy ^.^
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-05-01 09:20:04  
Is ugol haubert worth it for Torcleaver? If not, what is better?
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-05-01 09:21:38  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
what's a good setup/strategy to lowman dynamis beaucidine boss? the regular one, not the arch version.
Zerg it with heavy DDs. It's almost impossible to kite the dragons because of battlefield restrictions. Get them as far away as possible and unload.
eye can chainspell death, so take care!
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-01 09:22:44  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Phorycs body, valkarie/shadow breastplate, Ares body all would be better, Ares being the most reasonable to obtain for most people.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-05-01 11:43:26  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Phorycs body, valkarie/shadow breastplate, Ares body all would be better, Ares being the most reasonable to obtain for most people.
Suggestions on a filler piece until I can get either of those? Currently using Grim Cuirass. And Shin wont give me a mail.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-01 21:00:50  
there a way to copy macros from one character to another in vanilla XI (ones on the same pc)

like me, my other character and my gf's character all have smn, similar gear, instead of rewriting it twice persay, I could copy and edit it.

is this possible or are the files encrypted?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-01 21:18:56  
you'd have to do several tests of each and take the average to compare, me thinks.
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-01 21:20:09  
Has anyone to this day managed to beat The Dark Rider (Odin) that free roams WG areas?

I know already that is invulnerable but i remember accounts back in the day of someone managing to deal very little damage ( was speculated that was something about his day off spawning or element of the day).

Thats probably the only undefeated mob of ffxi.

Anyone able to give an input about it?
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-05-01 21:26:00  
Jetackuu said: »
there a way to copy macros from one character to another in vanilla XI (ones on the same pc)

like me, my other character and my gf's character all have smn, similar gear, instead of rewriting it twice persay, I could copy and edit it.

is this possible or are the files encrypted?
It's possible. Modify your macros, log out, then go into POL > SE > FFXI > USER.

Those folders are your folders for your characters. I don't recall the easy way to match each to a character. I believe the .mrk files are map markers and mcr#.dat files are macro files. It's been many years since I fooled with it. Having logged into ~20 characters on 4 different accounts makes it difficult for me to tell what is what offhand.

Edit: Opening the file with notepad will give you a lot of junk for anything in auto-translate, but you can tell which macros are what from the other text.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-05-01 21:31:48  
thanks, I just copied them over and I'll see how that goes, I really should have made a backup of those folders before doing that though...
 Cerberus.Keeo
By Cerberus.Keeo 2012-05-02 05:54:32  
I had an issue where my macros where deleted on my laptop when it decided to blue screen of almost death… luckily its still chugging along.

Any way I had same issue where I wanted to know what folder was what macros and found this.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/11409-yekyaas-ffxi-me-v2-offline-macro-editor/

Its an offline macro editor but it can check through your user folder and shows up what macros book names macro names you have in each sub folder. It might be helpful if you know what macros you had on each user and to copy various one over. and also to identify what folder is whos macros.

the download is here if u want to get straight to it.

http://code.google.com/p/ffximev2/downloads/detail?name=FFXI_MEv2_2010_07_01.zip

Hope this helps.
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-02 06:39:34  
Sorta out there question but:

http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Kirin

After reading this why isn't Kirin a Dhalmel???

(dosen't justify a whole thread so....)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2012-05-02 06:47:31  
my nyzul group often has pol crashes during nyzul, does anyone have a solution for this or at least know what might be causing it?

i know i'm not providing a lot of information but it happens fairly often and we don't crash much outside of nyzul. hoping someone has had the same problem and knows how to fix it.

edit: seems to happen most when we're at the rune
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-02 11:46:05  
Question about building Einherjar sets on mules:

Can a completely green mule who has access enter a tier2-3 wing without clearing wing 1 first?

The the person entering has mark of the einherjar key item so can select any room they want but can the mule follow them in if they are not "cleared" for it?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2012-05-02 20:47:27  
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Question about building Einherjar sets on mules:

Can a completely green mule who has access enter a tier2-3 wing without clearing wing 1 first?

The the person entering has mark of the einherjar key item so can select any room they want but can the mule follow them in if they are not "cleared" for it?
yes
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-05-03 18:46:45  
is there a leveling guide out there that gives the break down of what levels u can level in Abyssea and what monsters u would fight to level up.

like i know on wiki there is guides from the old days about where u would camp to level up i am looking for something like that but Abyssea.

please and thank u
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-05-03 22:53:17  
I have a question, I typically play ffxi with the volume at 0 b/c I absolutely can't stand the sound of my cursor changing targets and also and menu bleeps and such. I would however like to be able to play with other game sounds (spells going off, monster noises etc.). If I could find the sound files that I don't like and were to delete them would my POL crash or could I just play annoying sound free?
By Jetackuu 2012-05-03 23:15:12  
you may be able to change them all to a different file which is very low to where you can't hear it.

I know you can have different settings for music and sound effects but not of different sound effects, unless windower lets you?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-05-04 00:25:31  
Josiahkf said: »
Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
I have a question, I typically play ffxi with the volume at 0 b/c I absolutely can't stand the sound of my cursor changing targets and also and menu bleeps and such. I would however like to be able to play with other game sounds (spells going off, monster noises etc.). If I could find the sound files that I don't like and were to delete them would my POL crash or could I just play annoying sound free?
in general yeah you could replace each .wav with a muted version of the same name but not in something this complex. there are no .wav files in your ffxi folders, all the sounds and music are inside .bin files and other files

Sylph.Kawar said: »
is there a leveling guide out there that gives the break down of what levels u can level in Abyssea and what monsters u would fight to level up.

like i know on wiki there is guides from the old days about where u would camp to level up i am looking for something like that but Abyssea.

please and thank u
Join exp shouts and make sure you get the atma I told you about in your own thread. abyssea mobs in visions zones are lvl ~75-90 so don't expect to solo at lvl 65 in abyssea etc
i cant find the topic u put that replay on can u pm me the url link to the topic or just tell me what forum to look in please sorry that i had to really ask this of u,i feel silly i just been looking at so many things,so i cant really remember every thing right now.

edit

nvm i found the post u were talking about after i made this post sorry.
 Asura.Tigredor
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2012-05-04 19:51:45  
Just reactivated from a long'ish break from game to get the GK from feast of swords event. Anyone know of a good method for getting the GK instead of other random crap? I've gotten two furnitures, a Chocobo tele neck thingy, and a Ibushi Shinai+1, which sucks cuz the things take long to kill lol. Any help appreciated, if theres another thread where this has been discussed please direct me to it. Thanks.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-05 01:08:16  
What adds more damage to thunder4/5 on SCH, Ascetic's Tonic or Klimaform with af3+2 boots?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-05 01:27:16  
25 MAB vs dmg +10%?
klimaform for sure, especially if you have Apamajas and rairin/twilight. The only case I could see ascetics pulling ahead would be if you were naked hmmm
Read that as "A pajamas."
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-05 01:41:35  
25 MAB vs dmg +10%?
klimaform for sure, especially if you have Apamajas and rairin/twilight. The only case I could see ascetics pulling ahead would be if you were naked hmmm
Thanks! What is the math you used to figure this out? I tried to find it but couldn't ;_; I have twilight/rairin and apamjas.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 859 860 861