Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 254 255 256 ... 859 860 861
By SwearingTom 2014-02-19 06:10:07  
I'm looking to low-man CS Apollyon 2, but can't really find any good info on it. Has anyone done it with less than six, and if so, what was your strat?
By Pantafernando 2014-02-19 06:33:19  
SwearingTom said: »
I'm looking to low-man CS Apollyon 2, but can't really find any good info on it. Has anyone done it with less than six, and if so, what was your strat?

For patentia sash?

I used to farm that. Im not a super duper geared player, and as i always aimed just the patentia and sortiarus as the mantle has low value in market, most of times i just did those 2 legs and killed all others mobs to bank more abc for new metal chip. I got win of that already as a duo, before i got my delve wins though, by killing the minimum mobs.

Always dual boxing, thf/dnc and bst/whm for safety. The taurus and bata are easy with iuitl gear, you can survive even 3 of them at same time just take care of mortal ray.

The ahriman leg is the trickest in zone. Lots of mages, the smn ahriman is very dangeours, and there are 2 there. Aeshma is the hardest there, due to magic and chainspell. Using pet i could have a safety measure for ohsit in case i die, so aeshma would still be fighting the pet while i was recovering. Also /whm for emergency cures, shell, stona and haste.

The demons are normal. The nergal is melee and thfs dont fear any melee in old content.

That was the setup i used, but prob mnk+whm could do this faster, etc. It was a personal choice not really worried with optimal but with the tools o had.

With this setup is just possible to win killing the minimum possible mobs in the way. Grab the wall and use your boomerang at furthest range possible. Mobs dont link, btw.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-19 07:54:51  
Seeing the comparations betwen oat and new ninzas, just now i noticed, though oat, though ilv119, have less h2h skills (228) than others ilv 119 weapons (242)

Anyone know why is that?
By SwearingTom 2014-02-19 10:13:43  
Sorry.. megafail typo on my part. Was actually curious about Central Apollyon II, and low-manning Arch-Omega.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-02-19 20:57:49  
Should be able to do it with MNK+BRD+SCH. If you want to be safe, get a 2nd monk.

Couple of questions:
Do you need to have the assault band to use the runic disc for floor warping? (normal nyzul)
Anyone actually figure out Gulool Ja Ja's pop conditions or is it just dumb and broken?
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-19 21:07:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox said: »
Do you need to have the assault band to use the runic disc for floor warping? (normal nyzul)

No, I always get the armband for myself and initiate the nyzul mission only but don't pay for the warp, a mule does,
My mule has runic disc recorded to max floor, so I can use the mule and her tokens to warp us to 96 once we get inside.
By Sieha1 2014-02-19 22:05:33  
what was the maintenance about?
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-19 23:45:40  
Sieha1 said: »
what was the maintenance about?
Square Enix said:
Source.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-02-19 23:48:35  
did anyone else have their monstrocity ki erased?
By Sieha1 2014-02-20 01:23:48  
Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-20 02:27:43  
I just returned so don't know much about new content past mid 2012, but how hard is Skirmish and Delve? Could it be low manned(trio)? Just have basic gear, sparks armour and not so great accs until finish ZM/CoP(almost done :D).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-20 02:58:33  
skirmish 1 and 2 could easily be 3 manned in sparks weapon/armor, may want to stick to lower tiers in skirmish2 though
[+]
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-20 03:01:38  
Sorry to ask but whats the difference? I looked on BGwiki and only saw a general Skirmish post, nothing about 1 & 2, lol.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-02-20 03:05:15  
skirmish 1 is rala/cirdas done for weapons

skirmish 2 is for gear/ki to +1 weapons
[+]
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-02-20 03:06:28  
Skirmish 1 = kill stuff (number of mobs or NMs)

Skirmish 2 = kill stuff to defend your camp (fixed duration)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-20 03:07:25  
Ah alright, thanks! Also lower tiers means the Torso tier I'm guessing?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-20 03:08:47  
yeah.

Head influences quality of drops.

Torso influences the difficulty and duration of the event as well as the number of drops.

Legs influence the number and potency of Noetic Ascensions.
[+]
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-02-20 03:08:56  
Yeah Torso is what will fix the objectives of the run. Higher torso means more mobs to kill.

Head is for "quality" of drops

Legs are for "bonus" during the run

Pro faster than me!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-20 03:11:38  
Alright guys, thanks so much! Gonna have to try it out when I get time! So much stuff has changed since 2012, lots to catch up on, haha.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-02-20 08:22:55  
Got my game reinstalled... Now for my new problem, I can't remember my POL ID so I went to restore it, and it says that the email I put in isn't associated with any POL ID. Problem is, I have only had one email for literally... 10 years? Is there something I am missing? Or am I really just going insane and must have used another email.

PS, its been about a year since I have logged in, could they have deleted my POL?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-02-20 08:34:28  
I guess you quit before the whole link up with Square Enix thing? I don't think there was ever a need to have an email address associated in the old POL system (could be wrong, it's been too long), which may be the problem here. Your best bet is probably to phone up support and give them as much details as you can.

Edit: if it's only been a year, then you would have linked up your square enix account to be able to play, in which case you can view your POL ID from square enix account page (Select service -> FFXI, and it's on that page )
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-02-20 08:38:19  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
I guess you quit before the whole link up with Square Enix thing? I don't think there was ever a need to have an email address associated in the old POL system (could be wrong, it's been too long), which may be the problem here. Your best bet is probably to phone up support and give them as much details as you can.

Edit: if it's only been a year, then you would have linked up your square enix account to be able to play, in which case you can view your POL ID from square enix account page (Select service -> FFXI, and it's on that page )

Sadly I was an idiot and made my SEID the same as my POL ID...
By Spiraboo 2014-02-20 08:39:19  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

Sadly I was an idiot and made my SEID the same as my POL ID...

That's fine, you can log into Square enix account with your email address as username.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-02-20 08:49:27  
Anyone else having problems using Shiva's Sleepga BP? I keep getting command error even if trying to use from the menu.

Edit: Nevermind I found the problem, Spellcast.
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-21 09:53:03  
For Bards:

When going with a typical ranger setup for AA fights, I will use Nightingale/Troubadour, then put up both preludes first. Then when I go to sing Ballads to the WHM, the ballads keep overwriting each other instead of replacing the preludes.

Is the only solution to this to have the WHM stay out of range of the preludes?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-02-21 10:37:34  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
For Bards:

When going with a typical ranger setup for AA fights, I will use Nightingale/Troubadour, then put up both preludes first. Then when I go to sing Ballads to the WHM, the ballads keep overwriting each other instead of replacing the preludes.

Is the only solution to this to have the WHM stay out of range of the preludes?

Weird. Only thing i can think about is the order song overwrite. From what i read, the song replace the other who have lowest remaining time. So, maybe somehow your ballad have shorter duration than preludes, due to prelude have instrument +3 and ballad just +1 (suposing you dont have ghorn)?

Can also check if your macro maybe is set to sing the same ballad, instead diferent ballads.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-02-21 10:39:48  
Any way to basically equip a set, and then use a command to input it into your XML for spellcast?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-02-21 11:02:15  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Any way to basically equip a set, and then use a command to input it into your XML for spellcast?

/sc exportgear nameoffile

Just replace nameoffile with what you wanna call it. It'll export that set to your windower folder in a separate file. Though it puts an excessive amount of spaces in there too ^^;

Gearswap has a similar thing which can export your gear, inventory, safe,sack,storage or whatever to an xml or a lua file.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-21 13:18:07  
can someone explain to me how farming colorless souls work.my friend told me something like you get T3 then get T2 on a new ki and you will never lose T3 i was really confused when i was told this so can someone explain it to me.

also dose this break any rules of the tos and be honest with me please.I have not done this btw.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-02-21 13:20:23  
kill stuff, get stuff. rinse, repeat.
First Page 2 3 ... 254 255 256 ... 859 860 861