Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 253 254 255 ... 859 860 861
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-13 07:26:41  
Delve doesnt need the whole 18 alliance ive heard of people doing it with as low as 6 people, though they were highly geared and knew what to do, so its more of people got their stuff and simply dont do it. If people love doing delve as much as you say they do there would still be quite a few shouts you are lucky to see 1 a week. There might be a small increase but i very much doubt its going to be at the rate you're suggesting. You still dont seem to understand that skirmish is a lot easier to do than AA and delve and it doesnt need a very high requirement in gear. The +2 weapons are going to be ilvl119 so they are going to beat plasm, delve crafted and sparks gear.

Edit, unless you have ochain pld, 99horn/harp brd, 119 relic rng, a 119 geared mnk or a geared whm you wont be spamming AA that much for the weapons.
By Spiraboo 2014-02-13 07:32:33  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Delve doesnt need the whole 18 alliance ive heard of people doing it with as low as 6 people, though they were highly geared and knew what to do, so its more of people got their stuff and simply dont do it. If people love doing delve as much as you say they do there would still be quite a few shouts you are lucky to see 1 a week. There might be a small increase but i very much doubt its going to be at the rate you're suggesting. You still dont seem to understand that skirmish is a lot easier to do than AA and delve and it doesnt need a very high requirement in gear. The +2 weapons are going to be ilvl119 so they are going to beat plasm, delve crafted and sparks gear.

Edit, unless you have ochain pld, 99horn/harp brd, 119 relic rng, a 119 geared mnk or a geared whm you wont be spamming AA that much for the weapons.

Actually more delve runs have popped up lately due to the popularity of rngs in AA, and said rngs require plasm for ammo.

I think his point is, skirmish is easier than delve and AA because it's a 113(or something) content. the 119 upgrade will likely involve a lv 119 content activity, which will make your argument of it being easier to obtain invalid.

The easiest to obtain 119 weapons are actually REM, it just takes a lot more time and/or money.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-13 08:22:36  
Well skirmish V1 was quite easy to complete with none of this skill+ gear and was what ilvl105 or something? Skirmish V2 was the same though this time we had plasm gear so it was hell of a lot easier. What makes you think SE are going to break the pattern and make skirmish V3 hard?
 Valefor.Psykopat
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-02-13 08:35:37  
There was a post from Matsui saying skirmish V3 would be a relax event in party. So pretty sure it won't be hard.

Edit : I found the post

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39702-Upcoming-Version-Update-Announcement?p=490213#post490213
By Pantafernando 2014-02-13 09:37:54  
Well skirmish V1 was quite easy to complete with none of this skill+ gear and was what ilvl105 or something? Skirmish V2 was the same though this time we had plasm gear so it was hell of a lot easier. What makes you think SE are going to break the pattern and make skirmish V3 hard?

I have no doubts that skirmish 3 will be easy. Im sure the lv will 117 top, to have a coherent progression with spark. Just not sure the skirmish +2 will actually be 119. I wouldnt be surprise with ilv118. Skirmish were always a second tier event. The rewards are top, but the gear. The weapons, even skirmish +1 didnt win against weapons from t4 and t5, aside some exceptions by a slight margin, so hardly doubt +2 would beat mega boss weapon.

Ofc, your point was that this is an easy way to get stronger weapons, but imho, reason for delve 18 man fail are pretty pontual: bad rotations and bad stunning. Being a single party event, mega boss or will have his tp moves less dangerous, or with higher interval, or to have an hp so low that can be fully stunned without ran out alacrity. That said, i dont see delve 6 man as a hard event, i dont see people failing so much as an 18 man. Delves strategies are so widely spread, that i believe people will stack large winning streaks.

Though at start everyone ofc will be spamming skirmish non stop. Everyone will want their revamped otronif, iuitl and hagondes set. Personally i cant wait to get my hands in a hagondes +1.
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-02-13 09:51:49  
It was also already said by SE that skirmish gears would be 119.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-13 09:57:39  
Well you seem confused with what they are doing to delve im pretty sure I read that its getting the same adjustments as legion. If you take in 6 person party the difficulty will be toned down now if you go in 18 people it stays the same. This adjustment in no way, shape or form will stop an 18 person alliance stop wiping if they are just crap at it.

As for ilvl of the +1 and +2 im sure SE has already stated its going to be 119.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-13 10:11:11  
Well you seem confused with what they are doing to delve im pretty sure I read that its getting the same adjustments as legion. If you take in 6 person party the difficulty will be toned down now if you go in 18 people it stays the same. This adjustment in no way, shape or form will stop an 18 person alliance stop wiping if they are just crap at it.

As for ilvl of the +1 and +2 im sure SE has already stated its going to be 119.

Who said i was considering 18man in a 6 man event?

Its easier to coordinate 6 persons than 18. Also, its easier to find 6 persons in ls, rather than shouts. Just this facts alone will make delve pretty joke.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-13 10:32:32  
Pantafernando said: »

I have no doubts that skirmish 3 will be easy. Im sure the lv will 117 top, to have a coherent progression with spark. Just not sure the skirmish +2 will actually be 119. I wouldnt be surprise with ilv118. Skirmish were always a second tier event. The rewards are top, but the gear. The weapons, even skirmish +1 didnt win against weapons from t4 and t5, aside some exceptions by a slight margin, so hardly doubt +2 would beat mega boss weapon.

Ofc, your point was that this is an easy way to get stronger weapons, but imho, reason for delve 18 man fail are pretty pontual: bad rotations and bad stunning. Being a single party event, mega boss or will have his tp moves less dangerous, or with higher interval, or to have an hp so low that can be fully stunned without ran out alacrity. That said, i dont see delve 6 man as a hard event, i dont see people failing so much as an 18 man. Delves strategies are so widely spread, that i believe people will stack large winning streaks.

Though at start everyone ofc will be spamming skirmish non stop. Everyone will want their revamped otronif, iuitl and hagondes set. Personally i cant wait to get my hands in a hagondes +1.

Might just be how you have worded the part ive bolded as you talk about why people wipe as 18 person alliance then say 6 man will be easier than saying people wont be failing much as 18 person. Im guessing you mean you wont see a 6 person party failing as much as an 18 person alliance would.

Well they are reducing the difficulty so that a 6 person party can do it but all they did with legion is reduce the HP.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-14 03:44:20  

Might just be how you have worded the part ive bolded as you talk about why people wipe as 18 person alliance then say 6 man will be easier than saying people wont be failing much as 18 person. Im guessing you mean you wont see a 6 person party failing as much as an 18 person alliance would.

Well they are reducing the difficulty so that a 6 person party can do it but all they did with legion is reduce the HP.

Checking the trailer, i saw tojil casting single target sleep, while currently he uses sleepga only. Seems like the mega boss behavior will be changed, also.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-14 11:02:15  
I just wanted to ask and see if anyone can help me so here gos.My ls is doing legion this week end and seeing as i am the one who normally hosts events i like to show up to other events if i can to show support for the ls and help out.so I was wondering if i need to be at any point in any story line or have any other item besides whats on the wiki for legion.I am just making sure i know what is going on so i am not rushing last min.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-14 11:38:49  
I also have 1 more question i know i asked it here before but i cant remember where the thread is so what is the name of the web site that i can put in a job level and it will give me the skill level cap for that job for every thing.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-02-14 11:53:04  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
I just wanted to ask and see if anyone can help me so here gos.My ls is doing legion this week end and seeing as i am the one who normally hosts events i like to show up to other events if i can to show support for the ls and help out.so I was wondering if i need to be at any point in any story line or have any other item besides whats on the wiki for legion.I am just making sure i know what is going on so i am not rushing last min.

Don't worry i got it all handled.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-14 12:24:53  
I also have 1 more question i know i asked it here before but i cant remember where the thread is so what is the name of the web site that i can put in a job level and it will give me the skill level cap for that job for every thing.

If i got what you mean, this can answer that.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Combat_Skills
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-14 13:31:30  
Sylph.Rafaras said: »

Don't worry i got it all handled.
ok use me the way you need in that ok you tell me where you want me and i will try to do it the best i can keep in mind i have never done legion before so i have no clue.so can you give a run down of what we do for anyone who shows up a head of time.

(btw i said use me to be funny)
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-14 13:34:09  

thank you but i still want to know that website so i can book mark it as well.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2014-02-14 15:36:06  

thank you but i still want to know that website so i can book mark it as well.
Can always use FFXI Calculator.
[+]
By minikomby 2014-02-15 13:53:30  
Hello guys

what is the best set up to do EV AA?
i heard/read rngs are good, rngx1 pld and healer are must probably but i read pld can be 1 shot, any advices ?
By Pantafernando 2014-02-16 02:18:21  
minikomby said: »
Hello guys

what is the best set up to do EV AA?
i heard/read rngs are good, rngx1 pld and healer are must probably but i read pld can be 1 shot, any advices ?

Need to mitigate this dmg. Scherzo, some people bring smn, etc.

Dont remenber the specifics about arrogance, but ive have heard this dmg is shared between all players being hit?
By Pantafernando 2014-02-17 06:16:29  
Hi.

A question based about dynamis.

Suposing you want to maximize your drops with 100-currency, what would be the best bet?

Fightin NMs in original dynamis or trying white procs in dreamland dynamis?

Also, to avoid the competition, i would like to aim the magics procs mobs. I know easy prey have 5% chance or proc, but someone know an estimative for % for decent challenge mobs?

Thanks.
By Spiraboo 2014-02-17 06:46:35  
Hi.

A question based about dynamis.

Suposing you want to maximize your drops with 100-currency, what would be the best bet?

Fightin NMs in original dynamis or trying white procs in dreamland dynamis?

Also, to avoid the competition, i would like to aim the magics procs mobs. I know easy prey have 5% chance or proc, but someone know an estimative for % for decent challenge mobs?

Thanks.

If you're soloing and aiming for 100-currencies, the best bet might be to go original dynamis NMs - i wouldn't even think about it without bringing a source of TH though, drop rate isn't that great. If you're duoing/dualboxing you might find your overall yield to be better if you go dreamland and get your 2nd char/friend with locked sj (dnc/00 works very well for this, then bring a heavy duty DD to kill mobs fast).

Dunno about dc mob proc rate but you're going to waste a lot of time trying magic procs unless DC proc rates are significantly better, 5% chance means one in 20, you proc once every 20 spells on average.... If you're aiming for nms in original dynamis you shouldn't have that much problem with competition anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-17 11:18:07  
do indi-precision and indi-fury increase ranged accuracy/attack
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-17 16:36:16  
Has anyone figured out where to go for Beauty and the Beast?

edit: found in Ceizak j7.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-02-17 16:46:35  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
do indi-precision and indi-fury increase ranged accuracy/attack

Top is no buffs
[+]
 Carbuncle.Justicebringer
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Justicebringer 2014-02-18 14:31:27  
Alright so this might not be the place to post this, but I don't think it warrants it's own thread. I'm doing the quest Breaking the Ice and keep getting black screened in the CS. So, I try to switch over to vanilla FFXI and get something like Direct3D error. Anyways, I did a forum search and didn't find anything else besides the whole reinstalling FFXI deal. Any suggestions, known fixes, etc?
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2014-02-18 14:38:39  
Carbuncle.Justicebringer said: »
Alright so this might not be the place to post this, but I don't think it warrants it's own thread. I'm doing the quest Breaking the Ice and keep getting black screened in the CS. So, I try to switch over to vanilla FFXI and get something like Direct3D error. Anyways, I did a forum search and didn't find anything else besides the whole reinstalling FFXI deal. Any suggestions, known fixes, etc?

same thing happened to me yesterday. what I did was check the box in ffxi config to start in windowed mode. That seemed to fix it, might work for you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Justicebringer
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Justicebringer 2014-02-18 14:43:23  
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
Carbuncle.Justicebringer said: »

same thing happened to me yesterday. what I did was check the box in ffxi config to start in windowed mode. That seemed to fix it, might work for you.
Awesome man, worked like a charm. Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-02-18 15:59:41  
Trying to do a fresh install, my disc appears to be scratched. Anyone know of a good place to torrent?
First Page 2 3 ... 253 254 255 ... 859 860 861