Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 252 253 254 ... 859 860 861
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-11 10:35:06  
The client supports movement speeds far above what's legal. There's a cap of 100% speed on legitimate methods, but it's SE-imposed not due to programming limitations.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-02-11 11:34:38  
BAH! I was gonna try to pageclaim this page to :3

Edit: wait a sec this isn't the RT thread!
 Valefor.Oxt
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-11 11:45:26  
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Where can I find worthwhile targets in Adoulin?

One of the best mobs I've found to cap weapons are the Perfidious Crabs. They don't aggro or link. The camps are around (J-7/8) just South / Southeast of the Frontier Station.
By Paddycakes 2014-02-11 11:45:51  
Got a huge question here. Me and couple of friends want to do some of the SoA / AA content. Which for what we are wanting is skirmish, AA fights, and possibly some of the first tier delve clears for the earring and neck piece in there.

First off for the AA fights on very easy, can they be 3 manned? And if so can you get the equipment that drops from them like the swords in addition to the pages on very easy?

Is it possible to take a small group into delve to get the first tier clears so we can get access to our necks and earrings?

And is there a 3 man job combination that could tackle yorcia weald on 1/1/1? Also we want to do is to slowly acquire the sets from there.

Ill probably have more questions but i cant think of any at work.
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-11 11:54:03  
Paddycakes said: »

I would start here
By Spiraboo 2014-02-11 12:02:43  
Paddycakes said: »
First off for the AA fights on very easy, can they be 3 manned?
Can be soloed depending on job/quality of gear, so yes.

Quote:
And if so can you get the equipment that drops from them like the swords in addition to the pages on very easy?
Yes, but gear drop rate is probably quite miserable on VE

Quote:
Is it possible to take a small group into delve to get the first tier clears so we can get access to our necks and earrings?
Yes, you might want to wait till the feb patch so it's easier when you low man. You can also pop T1-5 nms outside to get the KI for them, which might be easier since you don't have to deal with adds.

Quote:
And is there a 3 man job combination that could tackle yorcia weald on 1/1/1? Also we want to do is to slowly acquire the sets from there.
blm blm blm (or maybe blm blm dd to get rid of the nests) and it's a breeze for yorcia, just nuke whatever element the mobs are weak against
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-12 10:53:18  
Is there a job that can solo salvage 2 reliably using only delve and AH gear, without any sort of meds? Any zone is okay, doesn't have to be capable of doing more than one.
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-02-12 11:05:01  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Is there a job that can solo salvage 2 reliably using only delve and AH gear, without any sort of meds? Any zone is okay, doesn't have to be capable of doing more than one.
Oatixur pup. Would just need to invest in attachments.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-12 11:07:20  
Which zone/anything someone who has never used pup before would need to know?
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-02-12 11:21:02  
Typically I believe arrap II. I don't do the runs myself solo since I don't have the patience to run more than once per day with my three. Just know people from my ls that don't have a dual box that run it on pup. Can see if someone chimes in before I get home from work to ask lsmates. Though I believe you are looking at skipping first floor chigoe, do 2nd floor gears, do 3rd floor acro and chigoe, 4th floor acros and fifth floor skipping to the large room with the ramparts and triples. Rng frame from floor 1-4 then mage frame fifth and above. I cannot remember right now what sub choice was prefered.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-02-12 11:23:11  
Clear time was around 55 mins but that is with divinator.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-12 11:29:29  
Divinator's no problem, just looking for something reliable that won't use meds. Making same-account mules to run salv on/store alex on and don't want to have to deal with restocking anything on them.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-12 11:32:12  
I usually do SSR, essentially skipping straight to the boss similar to this post.

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I do SSR2, you can skip everything and kill boss in about 20 minutes.

First floor, skip the first room with 1 rampart and kill the second room with the two ramparts going back and forth. THF and RDM(or WHM) can kill them while the BRD heads to portal.

Skip second floor, can pop Flee here.

Third floor, pop 2 sets of rampart/gears, kill them and go up.

Fourth floor, make sure BRD has ranged unlocked. Sneak/Mazurka your way through to the NQ boss. Takes about 2 minutes to kill with marchx2.

Boss floor, kill it until it's dead.

WHM/SCH is ideal, remember to sacrafice off Cackle since it can still kill you. If you do save a tag and do two runs every other day, you can finish both runs in under an hour.

You can kill the normal NMs too, but the drop rate on pouches isn't too great.
Can do it all as PUP/WAR or /DNC using Sharpshot. If you're unsure of yourself, can switch to Soulsoother to make sure you're kept healed. When you get to the bosses you can either let your puppet kill them by itself, maybe using an oil or two, or take it down using Soulsoother to heal you.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-02-12 11:42:51  
Alex count might be a tad higher on the arrap run. Pre-pouch looking at 43-50+ with six chances at cotton pouches from NMs and the two extra acroliths plus doing both mini and main boss.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-12 11:46:23  
Guess it's PUP time, thanks guys. Will try Arra first, can always fall back on SSR if I have trouble with it.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-12 11:48:59  
Pretty sure it doesnt get any easier than Mnk/Dnc in AR2. Skip all the NMs, get unlocks, go to 5th floor asap.
Don't shijin the ramparts and you may need to actually gimp your gear temporarily to tp feed the rampart enough for it to call reinforcements.
Mnk obliterates gears, timed chariot and nq boss.
Bring remedys, you'll maybe use 1 or 2 a run, and a nq vile elixir if your lazy and don't have chakra up when you get dreadstormed sidetanking him.
Hundredfist the HQ boss so it dies in 1min, GG.
Just about any other job can solo salvage II but I don't see anything approaching the simplicity+speed of an oat mnk.
[+]
 Asura.Chartorkz
user: charaxes
By Asura.Chartorkz 2014-02-12 11:54:28  
Asura.Loire said: »
Typically I believe arrap II. I don't do the runs myself solo since I don't have the patience to run more than once per day with my three. Just know people from my ls that don't have a dual box that run it on pup. Can see if someone chimes in before I get home from work to ask lsmates. Though I believe you are looking at skipping first floor chigoe, do 2nd floor gears, do 3rd floor acro and chigoe, 4th floor acros and fifth floor skipping to the large room with the ramparts and triples. Rng frame from floor 1-4 then mage frame fifth and above. I cannot remember right now what sub choice was prefered.

Don't really need PUP for AR II. Can go on MNK/DNC and not waste the money on attachments. What i usually do is:

First Floor: just unlocks
Second Floor: Skip
Third Floor: Acrolith and Chigoe
Fourth Floor: Qutrub and all Acroliths
Fifth Floor: Kill everything. There's 16 single gears in total, i just kill them in pulls of 8 at a time on PDT set. Barely need 1-2 curing waltzes or a Chakra at all.
Sixth Floor: Kill everything again. 7 chariots, Chariot NM, rampart and Khim.
Seventh Floor: Megaboss

Takes me 60-70 minutes depending on unwanted links while getting unlocks and spacing out. But i mostly do that cause i don't care about the time i spend there. If you want to save time can just skip all NMs on the way up cause the pouches drop rate is lame as hell...even on THF.
[+]
 Asura.Chartorkz
user: charaxes
By Asura.Chartorkz 2014-02-12 12:03:57  
Also the remedy use is really up to how annoyed you get by Fulmination which both of the NM will rarely do anyways since they do 2-3 tp moves when they get lucky with the hits on you.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-12 12:04:35  
Key thing is no meds and delve/AH gear only. Sapph said I'd need remedies and possibly vile elixir, which in the long run costs more time/effort than one time attachment purchase and implies risk of failure.

I already considered MNK, it would probably look something like(fulltimed):

Oatixur/Potestas
Whirlpool/Asperity/Set
Manibozho/Manibozho/K'ayres/Patricius
Atheling/Windbuffet/Manibozho/Manibozho

Is this sufficient to clear HQ boss without meds and without fail? My experience makes me think that it wouldn't be, which is why I asked.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-12 12:12:43  
I don't have a char, just making $1 mules on my accounts so I can run salv half-attention. Ideally, that means:

-No gear that requires substantial time on a fresh char(have 15m+ plasm per char so self-DBing delve stuff is a good jump-to)

-No meds to restock

-Able to win without coming close to dying or needing constant macros even if it's slower

Could use wayfarer, I always forget that exists.

Not worried about skillup or job unlock, just want to be able to keep up with 4-5 of them at once without feeling like one is always about to die.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-12 12:38:05  
I don't understand why carrying meds is bad, every job you'd roll with in salvage would bring them and you wont come close to death in proper gear.
We're talking like using 1-2 remedys at *worst*, most runs you don't use them because the para doesn't stick.

In 4 months of soloing salvage I only used a nq vile elixir once because I R0'd for like 10 seconds after a fulmination. My friends that roll Mnk/Dnc always go on about how easy it is, you really should just try it for yourself before doing any mules.

Monk is one of the few jobs that you could speed level and gear and faceroll dps a 7gear spawn rampart with someone half paying attention. Everything else is going to be more demanding on gearswap/macros/attention
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-12 12:55:57  
I'll definitely give it a shot on MNK as well before I level anything. Appreciate all of the input.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-12 13:00:28  
question: Is there somewhere/someway in the dps spreadsheets to calculate maximum spike ws damage (forcing all potential multiattacks/OaX procs in main and offhand to their cap)
By Pantafernando 2014-02-13 05:34:27  
New skirmish - prepare to lose all the millions spend in augments?

The movie sound pretty familiar... 5 stones for one new. Ki to upgrade old +1.

Some pieces ofc will be awesome. Hagondes dont need +1 to be the best, but if you have +1...

The weapons, though, i dont have high hopes. All weapons have already a ilv119. Cant see what skirmish +2 can bring to table.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-13 06:16:24  
Pantafernando said: »

Some pieces ofc will be awesome. Hagondes dont need +1 to be the best, but if you have +1...

The weapons, though, i dont have high hopes. All weapons have already a ilv119. Cant see what skirmish +2 can bring to table.

Really? These weapons will be more widely available to the masses than the delve MB and RME weapons. I took a long break and missed out on the delve wins, finally got tojil win last week, highest weapon I have atm is my Apoc119. Id love to be able to get my other jobs ilvl119 weapons and this will be a nice way of doing just that.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-13 06:45:02  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Really? These weapons will be more widely available to the masses than the delve MB and RME weapons. I took a long break and missed out on the delve wins, finally got tojil win last week, highest weapon I have atm is my Apoc119. Id love to be able to get my other jobs ilvl119 weapons and this will be a nice way of doing just that.

Delve will be more widely available when low man also. Ark angel are so so available if you dont mind spamming normal modes. Technically all 3 events are party oriented, so the difficult should be the same.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-13 06:50:34  
Yes and AA weapons are a low drop rate but skirmish v1 weapons are a gauranteed drop though might a take a couple pf runs to get the one you want. KI from skirmish V2 has a good drop rate and I would imagine the new KI will be as well. Hardly anyone does delve and I cant see this lowered stats for 1 party stuff is going to change that much.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-13 07:05:43  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Yes and AA weapons are a low drop rate but skirmish v1 weapons are a gauranteed drop though might a take a couple pf runs to get the one you want. KI from skirmish V2 has a good drop rate and I would imagine the new KI will be as well. Hardly anyone does delve and I cant see this lowered stats for 1 party stuff is going to change that much.

Seems like 25% drop rate for normal, plus the chance of that gear being the one you want, plus winning the bet. Personally i think pretty fair, there are others rewards like chapters, case and materials, but whatever.

Imo, delve isnt done often because some factor. The main is the need of alliance setup, what result in downtime of 1h+ to gather, and working with 18 persons, sometimes that you dont know very well, is very likely to happen fails. Second the need of jobs like brds and schs 2x. Also, the currently lack of event ls. I was in one event ls that were doing delve almost 4+ times a day. People love to do delve, even if they are capped in gear. Also, plasm is great because the recent appeal for rngs, and the high cost of bullets. And finally, new plasm items to be purchased. No more info was released, but for sure it will be great.

I can see people widely spamming delve with 1 party setup. And should consider that delve will, surprisingly, be faster/easier gear to obtain than skirmish, as skirmish will requires 3+ wins to have, while delve just one or 3 for plasm (suposing the plasm reward dont change, though im sure it will be nerfed).
First Page 2 3 ... 252 253 254 ... 859 860 861