Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227 228 ... 860 861 862
By Spiraboo 2013-10-01 07:34:02  
beniwo said: »
i came back to the game after ppl were clearing 1-5 boss in delve already so it's hard for me to get any voidwatch clears..
if i buy the pulse cells can i trade them for items no problem? or do i need some KI's or something to be eligible?

You have to have the nm's title i believe... (i.e. you need to have beaten it and also the ability to pop it)

Majority of them can be low manned nowadays with ease.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-01 07:34:14  
beniwo said: »
i came back to the game after ppl were clearing 1-5 boss in delve already so it's hard for me to get any voidwatch clears..
if i buy the pulse cells can i trade them for items no problem? or do i need some KI's or something to be eligible?
You need to be able to pop the NM corresponding to the pulse gear yourself. So like for Heka`s Kalasiris, you`d need to be able to actually pop Akvan before you can trade any cells.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-01 07:35:48  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Are there any spells/abilities in the game that can be used on Alliance members but cannot be used on people outside of alliance?

I am not talking about spells that are restricted to your current party.

-na's
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-01 07:39:33  
You can cast -nas on anyone.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-01 07:42:59  
What about weather spells?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-01 07:53:25  
I'm pretty sure those are party only, but can check later.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-10-01 09:46:07  
Weather spells are definitely party only. I've never seen any spell that you can cast on an ally member(not in party) that you can't simply cast on any PC. Kinda odd but I guess that's just how the game works. For buffs there are 3 types. Self, party, all players.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-02 12:43:52  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Weather spells are definitely party only. I've never seen any spell that you can cast on an ally member(not in party) that you can't simply cast on any PC. Kinda odd but I guess that's just how the game works. For buffs there are 3 types. Self, party, all players.

Okay, I ask because Windower has multiple possible target flags and they don't seem to be named quite as one might expect. They seem to mean:
* Ally - Spell can be cast on any player (in alliance or not)
* Party - Spell can be cast on party members
* Self - Spell can be cast on yourself
* Enemy - Spell can be cast on monsters

* Player - Not sure. Perhaps it has something to do with Ballista when players are around but they aren't necessarily on your team.

* NPC - Not sure. At the moment I don't know of any spells that can be cast on other players but cannot be cast on NPCs. Thus it seems redundant with Ally (and appears that way in the resources).

I use the resources to determine which target to substitute in shortcuts if a target is not provided. Determining that Ally ~= Alliance and Player == meaningless was the last major hurdle for it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-10-02 12:47:36  
Is it that the light spirit can target a curaga IV on anyone in the ally or that the aoe hits everyone?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-10-02 13:10:15  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Full time Ambrosia on Bard? Couldn't come up with any higher level food to affect CHR.
+7 chr isn't worth it. There isn't really any food that helps brd much with it's primary function. I'd just use whatever helps your sub functions if at all. Like def/hp food for pulling.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Cheaper
user: bladewing
By Lakshmi.Cheaper 2013-10-02 13:54:18  
Can anyone post a link to where I could find info on the REM upgrades they will possibly be doing?
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-10-02 13:57:31  
There isnt one yet I dont think they will probably keep that up until the week before the update.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-02 13:58:00  
Stats: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/33458-Follow-up-Level-99-Relic-Mythic-Empyrean-and-Walk-of-Echoes-Weapons
-- FFXI has changed a lot since they announced those stats almost 5 months ago and it's unclear how accurate they will be.

Timeframe (bottom): http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/36897-Future-Additions-and-Adjustments-Announced-during-Vana-TV-Festival-2013
 Shiva.Dourid
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2013-10-03 21:05:51  
Are there any blms here that do monstrosity?

I'm quite curious in regards to the ability to cast meteor. Are you able to?
Obviously we can't use elemental seal, but that doesn't seem to ever stop nm's from using it. So i'm really wanting to know whether I should bother buying it or not.
Thanks
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-10-03 23:17:02  
Haven't messed with monstrosity in a good while, but I'm almost positive someone mentioned that meteor was unavailable in monster form(was in that long-ish monstrosity thread).

Meteor as a spell alone existed long before Blm got this conditional version, which may not actually be the same spell at all(besides name).
Can't use Warp/II/Retrace/Escape/Tractor, and there are some mobs that can use warp at least(or could).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-10-04 14:26:37  
Hi.
In a fracture run, qd dark shots can dispel nms status effect reliably or cor must use some macc set?
Thanks.
By fractalvoid 2013-10-04 14:36:24  
you should use at least the m.acc delve earring set, and sangoma ring to reliably sleep/dispel stuff in delve, yes. obviously animikii or even omphalos will help a great deal aswell
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-10-06 14:07:20  
Dynamis Relic Armor drop. Are there certain mobs either beastman or nightmare mobs, easy pray, dc that can drop Relic Armor more often then something else? Or is it all random across the board?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-06 14:31:52  
Xarc and Beauc and Bubu Beastman NMs drop their job's armor more often than anything else, but otherwise it is random.
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-10-06 14:35:32  
Ok thanks, looking for a pair of argute loafers.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-06 14:49:23  
No Scholar NMs in Dynamis, so you're SOL.
By Pantafernando 2013-10-06 15:04:10  
Acording to ffxidb dynamis windurst have higher probability of dropping sch feet.
Also i agree with that.
Farmed 2 days in the dynamis buburimu and didnt get any. Then i went to windurst and got 2 in the same run, went again to farm it for a friend, and got in 1 run.
Its random and all depend on luck, but i would say go for dynamis windurst.
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-10-06 20:23:15  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Dynamis Relic Armor drop. Are there certain mobs either beastman or nightmare mobs, easy pray, dc that can drop Relic Armor more often then something else? Or is it all random across the board?

Since this wasn't mentioned yet, Nightmare mobs only drop the -1 version, so if you need the NQ, stick to beastmen.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-10-08 09:22:47  
Hi.
Someone have an aproximation of delve nms and tojil normal defense (without debuffs)?
Also if i remember right, att/def caps at 4 right?
Thanks.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-10-09 14:39:42  
I've never fought Pandemonium Warden, but I just built a pop. What should my setup look like? I'm assuming PLD to hold the lamps, WHM to heal, and 3 or 4 good DDs would be all it takes, but I don't want to get a bad surprise and waste my pop. Any advice would be appreciated.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2013-10-09 15:04:43  
Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »
I've never fought Pandemonium Warden, but I just built a pop. What should my setup look like? I'm assuming PLD to hold the lamps, WHM to heal, and 3 or 4 good DDs would be all it takes, but I don't want to get a bad surprise and waste my pop. Any advice would be appreciated.

Most recently did it as PLD MNK MNK BRD WHM.
Oat MNK's, 99harp/horn BRD, 99 Aegis PLD, Yagrush WHM.
Not implying any of those things, e.g. 4 songs, are nescessary, just giving an idea of what my group was like. Astral Flow got a little messy at times but wonx3. The defense of gear now is really helpful.

Hopefully that helps!
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227 228 ... 860 861 862