Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 224 225 226 ... 860 861 862
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-21 01:17:12  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

I been confused due to somebody telling me that ATK+35 will carry to each hit of a multi hit WS

but I do know DA also got a chance to proc on each hit

just unsure which to get on for WS

Ty bro

Atheling > Vespid

on that context what is Vespid mantle good for ?

Attack does carry to all hits of a ws. It has always and will always do that. But that isn't unique to this mantle, it is just the basic mechanics. If it didn't... well multi-hit ws would suck ^^;

The "carrying" thing is probably getting mixed up with FTP carry. Which is a unique attribute of certain ws such as Req and stardiver. And the only thing that really matters on that is that you almost always use gorget and ele belts for these ws because they increase FTP which on these special ws, gets carried to every hit which is not the case in most ws.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-21 02:57:32  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

I been confused due to somebody telling me that ATK+35 will carry to each hit of a multi hit WS

but I do know DA also got a chance to proc on each hit

just unsure which to get on for WS

Ty bro

Atheling > Vespid

on that context what is Vespid mantle good for ?

Attack does carry to all hits of a ws. It has always and will always do that. But that isn't unique to this mantle, it is just the basic mechanics. If it didn't... well multi-hit ws would suck ^^;

The "carrying" thing is probably getting mixed up with FTP carry. Which is a unique attribute of certain ws such as Req and stardiver. And the only thing that really matters on that is that you almost always use gorget and ele belts for these ws because they increase FTP which on these special ws, gets carried to every hit which is not the case in most ws.

Awesome ! Thanks this was quite helpful.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-21 03:20:55  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I stick to this lair usually marked with a 1. 2 panopts molest everyone with stonega III stone V spam so everyone that visits me tends to die quickly. Nice and private lol

if you're a dnc/nin/thf with the best magic evasion and evasion gear possible you can squeak by and survive soloing them plus the 2 rafflsia. However the lair I marked with a 2 is safer because no aggros and no casters. you can afk in range safely and nuke or send pet or shoot arrows etc anything you want

problem been having is: ppl been over raping

like right now, Novi keeps using TIER V nukes , raped Lair in less than 1 min, :(

any other spots , where ppl don't go (trying to avoid noobs)
By Pantafernando 2013-09-21 08:27:26  
Doh gates reives can also drop job specific capes and often empty there.
Personally i do marjami ravine lair reives, there are 3 reives close each other that spawn almost after other ends. Normally its max 5 mins waiting, sometimes i need to rush to join. Its east waypoint 2, e10 and f7.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-09-21 16:50:14  
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Relic_Armor_%2B2

If you want information about the effects of the augments, they're on each normal +2 armor page.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-09-21 16:54:22  
Like this?
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Warrior%27s_Armor_%28Augmented%29_Set_%2B2

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-21 16:55:55  
Like this? http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Duelist%27s_Armor_%28Augmented%29_Set_%2B2 just scroll down the page Byrth linked...
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2013-09-21 22:13:15  
What is the best way to cap Dark, Enfeebling, and/or Elemental magic on SCH for skill levels 300+?
By Pantafernando 2013-09-21 22:26:18  
First use a blm 99 to do that. Blm will allow you to reach cap as sch in those skills even fighting mobs lv90, and with good speed.
I used liminus earring, bew pitaru and kupower for that. Dual boxing, i took turns, being main tank and dual casting dia/bio, and vice versa. All process took 6 hours or so.
If you dont have kupower, you can use gov bonus (but the downtime of trying getting this prowess maybe wont make up for the time actually skilling), or ionis that have moderate skill gain rate, though ionis wear off very fast anf mobs in adoulin are more dangerous.
Guys do skill up with some worm, but it would be more pratical asking a friend to skill any weapon with mandies and team up.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-09-21 23:09:30  
Pantafernando said: »
Guys do skill up with some worm, but it would be more pratical asking a friend to skill any weapon with mandies and team up.
How is that more practical than just skilling up solo whenever you feel like it? You'd be getting less skill per mob with someone else doing damage to it.

Just Sch/Rdm and either deal with the naturally lower level of worms in ulegeurand, or go to Cridas and use the worms there.
You can just raise the level of the abyssea worms if you need to, shouldn't take more than 15 minutes on Sch.

If you go with Cirdas just make sure you keep them silenced constantly, and then cycle through whatever you're attempting to skill up.
Ionis lasts around 2 or three hours from what I remember, that's plenty of time.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-22 10:28:22  
I went to Abyssea Konstat and did worms on BLM. Capped elemental, enfeebling, and dark magic in about 7 hours total, using Poulty Pitaru, all starting around level 120, up to level 334, which it cap for SCH. Used Atma of MM, and two Regen atmas. Spammed dia, bio, and stone 1

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-09-22 11:41:42  
Josiahkf said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I went to Abyssea Konstat and did worms on BLM. Capped elemental, enfeebling, and dark magic in about 7 hours total, using Poulty Pitaru, all starting around level 120, up to level 334, which it cap for SCH. Used Atma of MM, and two Regen atmas. Spammed dia, bio, and stone 1
Good advice but only for scholar, any job with a higher skill will not be able to cap in those zones. Have to hit the hero zones

Nope. If you can cap a skill against a certain target on one job, you can cap the skill against that target on any job. The job's rating just determines the cap (and maybe skillup rate).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-22 12:47:24  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Good advice but only for scholar, any job with a higher skill will not be able to cap in those zones. Have to hit the hero zones

Nope. If you can cap a skill against a certain target on one job, you can cap the skill against that target on any job. The job's rating just determines the cap (and maybe skillup rate).

Yep. Since BLM has a 400+ skill rating on those skills, you can use BLM to skill up to lvl 334 for SCHs natural cap on lower tier mobs.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-23 10:58:47  
wondering if it is even worth getting Merit WS 5/5

1/5 = 73% of Status
5/5 = 85% of Status

12% difference would it really make a huge difference on #'s ?

has anyone Parse'd or Tested or w/e you do to check it ?

Thanks.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-09-23 11:18:05  
It depends on the WS, but when I played with it a few months ago I inflated the stat when calculating it and found it can potentially make a difference of a few hundred points of damage (Did it for Resolution, ~300 damage I think was the difference).

An idealized calculation looks something like Stat*12%*fTP*2.25. So for example a seven-hit Resolution has an fTP of 6.78125 so if you assumed something like 200 STR you'd see a difference of about 366 damage on average.

tl;dr it makes a big enough difference so that you should take notice for min/maxing, but small enough that a WS isn't total garbage under 5/5 like it used to be.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-23 12:00:32  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
It depends on the WS, but when I played with it a few months ago I inflated the stat when calculating it and found it can potentially make a difference of a few hundred points of damage (Did it for Resolution, ~300 damage I think was the difference).

An idealized calculation looks something like Stat*12%*fTP*2.25. So for example a seven-hit Resolution has an fTP of 6.78125 so if you assumed something like 200 STR you'd see a difference of about 366 damage on average.

tl;dr it makes a big enough difference so that you should take notice for min/maxing, but small enough that a WS isn't total garbage under 5/5 like it used to be.
So Far what I found on ALL WEB I looked is :

"So if 1/5 was, say 1500, 2/5 might be 1600, 3/5 1700, 4/5 1800, 5/5 1900~2000. There's still a noticeable gap between (1) and (5), but it still is within the limitations of the random number generator."

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&p=350130

So in other words, having a 1/5 would be still worthwhile getting due to being just a small # away (within LESS than 1,000 dmg) Which Gear can make up for I bet.

But please let me know if I am right or wrong.

Would hate to merit down and then have to re-do everything back to 5/5 :(
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-09-23 14:05:29  
I'm either totally overlooking it or drank too much one night and am not remembering right, but didn't a recent update add an NPC to Abyssea for the purpose of "feet exchanging"? Any info would be appreciated if this is the case.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-23 14:28:43  
the difference is worth it. i went 5/5 on 2 ws and split the rest between 3 on jobs i used less frequently. over the course of one delve run, the difference between 1/5 and 5/5 is pretty significant.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-09-23 14:41:38  
Siren.Fallfromgrace said: »
I'm either totally overlooking it or drank too much one night and am not remembering right, but didn't a recent update add an NPC to Abyssea for the purpose of "feet exchanging"? Any info would be appreciated if this is the case.
Talk to Lame Deer in Abyssea - Misareaux, at K-7.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-23 15:03:44  
So in other words, having a 1/5 would be still worthwhile getting due to being just a small # away (within LESS than 1,000 dmg) Which Gear can make up for I bet.

Just how would gear make up the difference from going 1/5 to 5/5? Whether you are 1/5 or 5/5, your WS build should be the same.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-09-23 17:25:31  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »

An approximation of the difference of damage would be quite different. cRatio and fTP aren't going to matter because within the extent of what WS you're referring to, they are a multiplied constant that isn't going to change based on how many merits you have. Also, the relative difference in WSC is not 12%; the improvement is 12/73, ~16%. And since WSC is added to DMG and fSTR, the difference is then lessened (if you're dealing with a 170 DMG weapon, 30 fSTR, and 200 of the WS stat, the improvement is ~7%, regardless of WS or attack--((200*.85)+200) vs ((200*.73)+200).

Basically, it depends on your DMG and fSTR, not fTP and cRatio. The higher your DMG and fSTR, the less difference there will be. Whether the improvement is worth it to you just depends on how well you intend to perform on that job.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-23 17:57:03  
1/5 Apex Arrow doing QUITE WELL (3,7~4,5 K WS)

1/5 Stardiver did well too V.s. Drakesbane outside abyssea

Gonna test out others

aparently 1/5 and 5/5 difference is noticeble (like 500 dmg less) but not a BIG DEAL !

actually I believe it is worth to do 1/5 !

just saying what I found out so far.
By fractalvoid 2013-09-23 18:04:00  

QUITE WELL on what, exactly?

If you're going to test something, this is sorta a crucial piece of information.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-23 18:52:13  
fractalvoid said: »

If you're going to test something, this is sorta a crucial piece of information.

Exactly. Last Stand 5/5 with full buffs does way more than 4500
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-23 19:04:52  
fractalvoid said: »

Exactly. Last Stand 5/5 with full buffs does way more than 4500

i am well aware of that, but for 1/5 not too bad
First Page 2 3 ... 224 225 226 ... 860 861 862