Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 ... 860 861 862

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-09-11 16:15:09  
I did bata for some time. Generally dual box thf/dnc and bst/whm.
The tauris only problem is the doom. Aside that, bst is just dps, thf/dnc with iuitl and delve dagger can even pull 3 and fight at same time. Bata is the same. Hes mostly physical dmg, so its no problem at all for a eva thf.
Douing i can do that and ahriman boss but ran out time when i go to demons. Could have time if i just pull the mobs to reach boss buti end killing other for abc.
I farmed almost daily that zone, and got mine after like 4 or 5 tries.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2013-09-11 16:25:57  
Cool. Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a go then.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-11 17:04:16  
any dd and mage would easily be able to clear it, biggest concern would be crowd control so if you don't have a lot of faith in your mage you might want to bring a pld or a second mage to assist

edit: derp, forgot to f5
[+]
By eciurb 2013-09-11 19:56:54  
Looking to farm Forgotten Steps but I refuse to do Windy lol. So that leaves Dynamis bubu and I've only done that twice. Once was a long time ago and the last one was meh. I'm purely just after Steps for this zone, so wondering if anyone knows any good spots to farm or old good DC mobs for better drops.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-11 20:06:24  
Dc drop more forgotten stuffs.
Buburimu have lots of easy mobs. Rabbits, mandies (sleep can be a problem) and scorps are my choice when i farm coins, but should work fine for you.
Personally, i think farming ep would be better. You can farm more coins, exchange for money and get more steps.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-12 05:47:45  
Hi.
Absolute virtue, what was you lowest lowman party you saw winning this?
Gathering players is a problem nowadays so if i can reduce the number just for necessary rather than shouting for 2 hours to get full alliance that would help.
Also what jobs are necessary?
Thanks in advance.
By eciurb 2013-09-12 07:29:54  
I did AV last month or two ago with a shout group of 8. Went 4 times back to back with all wins. BST (To hold/tank JoL) GEO BRD SMN WAR (Ixtab) DRK*2 (Senbek) SAM or MNK don't remember which. Very easy fight.

BRD 2hr and buff just before JoL dies.
SMN Perfect Defense as AV pops.
DDs pop 2hrs and zerg.

All depends if you can kill him before Perfect Defense goes.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-09-13 11:21:43  
Does the token app not extend to use for iPads? Or does it only work for phones? For w/e reason can't get it to pop up on search on my iPad.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-13 11:29:34  
2 dd with high m.eva pieces on all their main slots, brd(gjall preferable), whm
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-09-14 17:14:07  
If you cancel your Mythic quest in the middle, do you lose your Assault journals from your inventory? Assuming you hadn't traded anything in, could you finish your journals halfway for one weapon, cancel it, and continue the journals for another weapon? Or does the game take the journals, or invalidate them?
 Cerberus.Pukushu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-17 17:22:02  
Im havnt been able to log on to POL since I got a new computer. Does anyone have SE tech support phone number handy?
 Bismarck.Davorin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-17 17:41:46  
Ph: 858-790-7529
Available Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST

Got this number from an old ZAM post.

You'll likely need to go here for e-mail/live chat support.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-09-17 17:43:11  
Didn't SE drop phone support? You may have better luck getting hold of someone via live support on the website. Overall their customer service sucks though.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-17 17:49:52  
Im trying live chat support now. but yea #148 in queue which is ~2hrs from now. :P
 Siren.Dokuu
サーバ: Siren
user: Dokuu1234
By Siren.Dokuu 2013-09-17 17:50:34  
"If you cancel your Mythic quest in the middle, do you lose your Assault journals from your inventory? Assuming you hadn't traded anything in, could you finish your journals halfway for one weapon, cancel it, and continue the journals for another weapon? Or does the game take the journals, or invalidate them?"

Iirc, you have to drop the journals for the first weapon that you have started. Then you have to get a whole new set of journals from the npc before you are allowed to continue with the new weapon.
 Asura.Originalkord
サーバ: Asura
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2013-09-17 17:50:54  
Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
Im trying live chat support now.

Godspeed lol...you'll see.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-17 17:53:35  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Didn't SE drop phone support? You may have better luck getting hold of someone via live support on the website. Overall their customer service sucks though.
yea phone number doesnt work... I guess I'll try tomorrow when I have more time to sit here and stare at the screen.

Thx everyone for the help though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-18 00:18:21  
So here is what I have. And once I put in my code to start along with my one time pass key it tells me "Incorrect PlayOnline ID or password."

I went to the Square-Enix.com site and changed my password and it still doesnt work.

Of course (int the image below) the ID's and codes are made up, but I did use my 4letter4number ID for the "PlayOnline ID" and also the same one for the "Square Enix ID." Is this my problem and if so what ID am I supposed to use where?

Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-09-18 03:03:53  
Member name needs to be whatever you(originally I guess) used to sign up for Pol.

Your Square enix ID is the name you use to log in to the account services page. It shouldn't be the same number as your PoL ID.

They really made this stuff pointlessly complicated, needing to know basically three different names and passwords to log in.

Hopefully you can get this stuff worked out Puku.
By Spiraboo 2013-09-18 05:06:48  
Just to elaborate Diabolique's answer a bit more, Your Squarenix ID (and the password it prompts you when you try to log in and you cannot save) is the ones you use to log into square enix account. POL ID and password (the passoword you can save on the page that you screen shotted) should be visible in your square enix account under your FFXI subs page (and that PoL ID is typically 4letters and 4 numbers ).
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-18 06:07:29  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Member name needs to be whatever you(originally I guess) used to sign up for Pol.

Nah it doesn't. I've logged into friend's accounts. Member name is just whatever identifies the account to you.

For instance, a friend changed servers and then gave me his access. I named the account after his main's new name, something he wouldn't have used 7 years ago.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-09-18 06:53:24  
Oh I thought the member name was registered in some way or something, though I'd never tried using any name besides the one I initially chose when making accounts.
Guess that wasn't the issue then.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-18 08:29:03  
Oh np, it's quite confusing.

On one occasion, a friend had an issue where he was stuck at a loading screen when he logged in. I'd fixed the same issue for a friend just by logging him in and moving him, because GMs had told both people that there was nothing they could do (yeah...).

Anyway, after 2 hours, I gave up trying to explain the difference between a POL ID and SE ID to my troubled friend.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-18 08:37:35  
Spiraboo said: »
Just to elaborate Diabolique's answer a bit more, Your Squarenix ID (and the password it prompts you when you try to log in and you cannot save) is the ones you use to log into square enix account. POL ID and password (the passoword you can save on the page that you screen shotted) should be visible in your square enix account under your FFXI subs page (and that PoL ID is typically 4letters and 4 numbers ).

So what password do I save? Im confused. Once I had this screen set (on my old computer) when I hit log in I would type my password from the square enix account and my one time 6 digit pass key. I do not remember what password I had saved on this screen. I assumed it was the same one?
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-09-18 08:59:04  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Oh np, it's quite confusing.

On one occasion, a friend had an issue where he was stuck at a loading screen when he logged in. I'd fixed the same issue for a friend just by logging him in and moving him, because GMs had told both people that there was nothing they could do (yeah...).

Anyway, after 2 hours, I gave up trying to explain the difference between a POL ID and SE ID to my troubled friend.

I know "Member name" is what ever I want to put. The POL ID and SE ID is what is confusing me. Im guessing they arnt the same and that one of them is the 4letter4number, but other than that I dont know what to put.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-18 09:09:32  
Member Name: Anything you want

POL ID: ABCD1234 format

SE ID: Something unique you've created. Mine could be valeforomnys, though it isn't.

Also, unrelated probably but (a few years ago) after reactivating an xbox-based account to play on PC, I had trouble logging in. I could login to the website, but I couldn't login to POL Viewer. They said that it was a known bug that....something something somehow...corrupts the encryption of passwords sometimes and that all you needed to do was to change your password online, and then change it back if you like.

lol se
By Spiraboo 2013-09-18 09:10:35  
Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
Spiraboo said: »

So what password do I save? Im confused. Once I had this screen set (on my old computer) when I hit log in I would type my password from the square enix account and my one time 6 digit pass key. I do not remember what password I had saved on this screen. I assumed it was the same one?

Taking your screenshot as an example, the password that you save (i.e. abc123!@# on your pic) should be your POL password, which is NOT your square enix password unless you happen to set it to the same. You can reset that password in your SE account management page:
-> [Services and option] Select Service
-> ffxi
-> [Active account (which shows your POL ID that you should enter as on that screen)] option List
-> [Playonline ID option] Update Playonline password

Your Square enix ID and your square enix password is what you'd use to log into that management page
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 ... 860 861 862