Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 217 218 219 ... 860 861 862
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-11 23:51:00  
What's the best flourish to use with exenterator?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-12 01:11:05  
Also, is there a secret to getting Tinnins heads to spawn? Is it time based or just something he does whenever he wants? Kind of a pain when he spawns at 50%, gets to 1% in 30s then sits there and takes zero damage for the next 3-4 minutes :(
 Ragnarok.Loughry
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-08-12 01:13:25  
Odin.Calipso said: »
Also, is there a secret to getting Tinnins heads to spawn? Is it time based or just something he does whenever he wants? Kind of a pain when he spawns at 50%, gets to 1% in 30s then sits there and takes zero damage for the next 3-4 minutes :(

I don't know for sure, but I remember this happening when I did Tinnin. I think what we eventually did was just have one person feed TP to it 'cause we thought the head spawning things was based on TP moves used or something. (obviously can't feed TP when doing 0 dmg.)

I don't really remember much about it though, good luck to you.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-12 01:17:32  
Odin.Calipso said: »

Just time based from what I can tell. Just TP on him till his 3rd head pops and smash him.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-08-12 16:39:51  
is there a VW noob guide or something i would not have a clue how to find it on wiki.

no help with my question.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-12 16:56:39  
Google 'Voidwatch'?
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Voidwatch
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-13 23:54:53  
Does anyone have any experience with extremely lowman Garrison?
It's been 8 years since I've participated in one(like a month after I started) but now I'd really like to finish my mannequin and this is maybe the only reliable option.

Does it seem possible with just two people? I have no way of getting anyone besides myself and my Alt for this.
On my main I have all jobs available for any level cap, while my alt has Whm/Rdm/Blm/Sch/Bst/Blu/Dnc up to 40 cap or so.
Would I probably just get overwhelmed and see all the npc's die with just two people? Not even sure which level cap or area I should try.

I can't remember how helpful the NPCs actually were, though I do remember them having 3 defense and 7hp. Farming the pops is easy obviously, but you only get one chance win or fail(per trader) each week.
By DuzellLevi 2013-08-14 00:14:10  
Your rewards at the end are based partially on how many npc are alive. A well geared pld using AoE attacks and diaga might be able to gather all the mobs and kill them while the mule is set to healing npcs. Your best bet solo is trying the uncapped ones, solo you don't stand a chance on the level capped ones.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-14 00:22:56  
Teriggan is uncapped? Still just listed as 75 on old wiki so I wasn't sure if that was the actual cap or what.

Probably would be much easier assuming the mobs are still 75ish and I am able to stay 99. Hadn't even considered that zone.
Hoping accession would work the same way in garrison as it does in campaign, should be really easy to keep the npc's alive if that works.
By DuzellLevi 2013-08-14 00:34:02  
I think its like some of the uncapped arena fights, it gives you level restriction but your still 99, its just there to remove your buffs. I know some of the WotG missions had that. I haven't done garrison since 80ish and our Ls only did the capped ones.
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-14 01:04:33  
I completely forgot about some of the crappy restrictions for garrison. Would need to switch to Windy to try teriggan at all apparently. Worth the 40k or whatever to give it a shot, just sucks that I can only try once in a week. Thanks for the advice, honestly didn't expect to hear from anyone since the event has been dead for so damn long.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-14 01:09:53  
used to 4man teriggan with mnk nin whm brd, the mob waves are small if you go with only one party(it scales), the key is to keep them away from the npc

duo will be very tough without level capped gear though, i'd consider maybe gearing up warrior so you could use an augmented byakkos axe(since its basically a level 90 weapon)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Registry
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: R3G1STRY
By Lakshmi.Registry 2013-08-14 01:47:26  
Anyone happen to know if a Vanilla Visa or any other kind of prepaid credit card type thing works to pay for a subscription?

Ultimate Pay doesn't seem to take any of my cards for whatever reason and I can't seem to find anywhere near where I'm staying for the summer that sells Ultimate Game Cards.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-14 02:07:52  
Well that was kind of fun. First gob bst dropped pop item, and it turns out teriggan garrison is completely uncapped. My crappy pld took 120 damage through the whole thing maybe.

The NPCs are still stupid as hell and have pretty much no HP, but I didn't lose either of them. One glitched out and started hovering around 12 feet in the air for awhile so the melee gobs couldn't even touch it for some reason.
Two pairs of mannequin feet and one leg from the normal mobs, and memoir + mighty knife for the win.

Imagine quite a few jobs could actually solo this now, blu especially.
Just need hands now which is awesome. I started that quest the moment I got in to Mhaura, 8 years is a hell of a wait for a single mannequin I'll never see.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-08-14 03:05:30  
Lakshmi.Registry said: »
Anyone happen to know if a Vanilla Visa or any other kind of prepaid credit card type thing works to pay for a subscription?

Ultimate Pay doesn't seem to take any of my cards for whatever reason and I can't seem to find anywhere near where I'm staying for the summer that sells Ultimate Game Cards.

I've paid for all the games I've played with a normal Visa, never had any issues
 Lakshmi.Registry
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: R3G1STRY
By Lakshmi.Registry 2013-08-14 06:22:19  
It keeps giving me some kind of 'error: card is not supported' no matter which card I try and I really have no idea why; I called them and ended up just yelling at some random guy. It was much easier to just get Ultimate Game Cards for crysta since the CVS that was a block away from where I live during the school year sells them.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-08-14 18:31:37  
How dose it work to get feet AF3 from chests are they chests i can use the key to open or no.I have never went feet hunting so i was going to give it a shot for a little bit tonight.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-08-14 18:33:09  
Lakshmi.Registry said: »

ultimate pay locks you out for some time after you failed to many times to pay.Wait like 48 hours and then try again keep in mind the more failed chances the longer the time will be from what everyone keeps telling me.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-08-14 18:50:25  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
How dose it work to get feet AF3 from chests are they chests i can use the key to open or no.I have never went feet hunting so i was going to give it a shot for a little bit tonight.

Yes you can use a key to open them.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-08-16 20:18:31  
curor good for anything now adays? Going to deactivate my wifes char. soon and have a stock pile of curor.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-16 20:52:58  
Sylph.Agentblade said: »
curor good for anything now adays? Going to deactivate my wifes char. soon and have a stock pile of curor.
There isn't any way to liquidate it fast, so I wouldn't bother.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-18 04:04:59  
Sooooooo every time I try to buy a woodland tunic, all I get is a festive fan instead >_>. Is this a known issue, or is there anyway around it? I just spent forever getting all the medals I need, now I can't buy it =(
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-18 18:54:36  
GEO club have much use atm if you have Magian Staves, Chatoyant, and a good Lehbrailg?
 Shiva.Kongmingtwo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Kongmingtwo 2013-08-18 21:23:36  
been gone for a while, these fools announce anything about fixing relics yet?
By starfish 2013-08-20 05:34:09  
wonder about the skill of the devle weapons for dual wield, if i am using delve dagger 1st hand and 2nd had i use a normal dagger. does the 2nd dagger gain the same skill / acc / atk as the first one?

if it does then ridil or joyase would not be as good as merc kriss 2nd hand, if main hand is a devle dagger correct?
By starfish 2013-08-20 05:48:15  
Shiva.Kongmingtwo said: »
fix relics? really? they so easy to make why would they give more power for these old and out dated weapons?

dynamis is very old content , it woold be stupid to "fix" weapons that you can make with a perle geared bst dont you think? no challange to make them except all the time in the world to grind it. ( Zzz )
 Asura.Chexmix
サーバ: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-08-20 05:48:37  

They're working on it!

I'm hopeful they will have a clue by xmas.
 Asura.Chexmix
サーバ: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-08-20 05:50:01  
starfish said: »
fix relics? really? they so easy to make why would they give more power for these old and out dated weapons?

dynamis is very old content , it woold be stupid to "fix" weapons that you can make with a perle geared bst dont you think? no challange to make them except all the time in the world to grind it. ( Zzz )

The same perle geared bst could buy any D wep and those were buffed.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-08-20 06:42:50  
starfish said: »
wonder about the skill of the devle weapons for dual wield, if i am using delve dagger 1st hand and 2nd had i use a normal dagger. does the 2nd dagger gain the same skill / acc / atk as the first one?

if it does then ridil or joyase would not be as good as merc kriss 2nd hand, if main hand is a devle dagger correct?
No, SE has already explained that the skill+ on weapons only apply to the weapon itself and not to the offhand.
First Page 2 3 ... 217 218 219 ... 860 861 862