users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Level 5 Petrify vs Level Sync
Level 5 Petrify vs Level Sync
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-05-08 11:38:54  
So was FoV'ing in The Glacier yesterday. Ran into a Ahriman everyonce in a while. We were sync'ed to 44, i was the syncee, my wife was a 75 drk sync'ed down to 44.
When the eye used Level 5 Petrify, i would evade because i was 44, my wife would get petrified. (i guess cause her original level was 75)
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-08 11:42:43  
Wow, would have thought level sync would kill that... I'd notify a GM, because that certainly sounds like a bug.

Well, actually I presume there's somewhere you can report bugs without hassling GM's? That'd be a good way to go.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 11:45:24  
Blazza said:
Well, actually I presume there's somewhere you can report bugs without hassling GM's? That'd be a good way to go.

Why? They ain't doing anything anyways LOL

I'm sure they'll "look into it"...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-08 11:47:32  
About GM's, everywhere I read when ppl calling a GM they have to wait forever to get one. On the few occasions when I have called a GM I've never had to wait more than max 10 min
 Asura.Vespera
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-08 11:48:44  
What bugs me is that the only way to call a GM is to either say "Someone is cheating!" or "I'm stuck!" there's no middle ground for calling a GM, it's only under those two circumstances in the menus.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 11:50:40  
Zanno said:
About GM's, everywhere I read when ppl calling a GM they have to wait forever to get one. On the few occasions when I have called a GM I've never had to wait more than max 10 min

I had a friend wait over 45 minutes once to get out from under the boardwalk in Kazham. This was pre-level sync, and he'd finally gotten a party only to get trapped minutes later, so he was a little irritated by the wait LOL
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-08 11:50:45  
I believe it was stated in the original update notes for Level Sync that abilities such as Lvl 5 Petrify would still affect people based on their original level.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-08 11:55:01  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Zanno said:

I had a friend wait over 45 minutes once to get out from under the boardwalk in Kazham. This was pre-level sync, and he'd finally gotten a party only to get trapped minutes later, so he was a little irritated by the wait LOL

Really? O_o I thought the "I'm stuck" requests usually got responded too pretty damn quick. I temp dc'd in the middle of a synth once and couldn't move, GM got back to me really fast and basically tractored me.

Also, about 2 years ago, a friend fell down the hole in sacrarium where the high level taurs are. He agro'd the taur and was running round in circles underneath the 4 arches with the taur chasing him, was so funny :D
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 11:57:25  
Blazza said:
Really? O_o I thought the "I'm stuck" requests usually got responded too pretty damn quick.

Ya I dunno...it was a while ago, maybe they were just really busy that day or something? ^^
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-05-08 12:04:27  
Tbest said:
I believe it was stated in the original update notes for Level Sync that abilities such as Lvl 5 Petrify would still affect people based on their original level.

Sounds like I've heard that before. Probably right.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-08 12:16:49  
Maybe SE thought people would somehow exploit it. Say there's a NM Eye that used that or something, which was it's 'big move' that made it a 'challange.' All you would have to do is find someone Lv74 and sync for the fight, thus making it useless. I don't know, could be a bug also, I'm just thinking outside of the box~
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-08 12:23:31  
2008 - (09/09/2008) The Version Update Is Here!/Level Sync
SE said:
Unlike other forms of level restriction, the effects of abilities such as "Level 5 Petrify" are also based on the player's original level.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-08 12:26:13  
And there ya go, just as I said. =)