New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Base relic weapons
Base relic weapons
 Fenrir.Hanabira
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-15 10:37:58  
How do you get these things to drop? are they effected by procs or TH or anything? ive been to 3 dynamis bastok, ive seen a total of about 4 scythes and 1 ito. do NMs have a better drop rate or something?

btw.. bastok is a nightmare..
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-15 10:40:06  
CoP areas are nightmares... (couldn't resist)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-02-15 10:40:36  
I think along with synthesis materials, the relic base weapons got dropped down in drop percentage because of the addition of Forgottens.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-15 10:40:59  
Just tag them with TH and hope for the best.
When I farmed for my Scythe I got tons of all the weapons.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-02-15 10:44:29  
There is no trick. Just keep running the zone it drops from. I have done both the high and low level mobs in each zone and honestly say I don't see a difference in weapon drops. (i know... eyeballing blah blah blah)

I would say that TH will increase the frequency of drops but there is no sure fire way to force the one you want to drop.
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2012-02-15 10:53:35  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »

/sea all

20 people found in zone
17 solo bst.

yay!!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-15 14:12:49  
Thanks, i guess i'll keep at it.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-02-15 14:23:04  
Being nosey! Which one are you after?
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-15 14:26:31  
Something else you could try is shouting once you're in the zone, every 10 minutes or so. I know if someone did that they could have all of my relic sticks or relic pokeys or whatever they want.

Maybe a comment, as well.

Butttt... you will probably still get it well before you get all your currency. Don't worry. :D
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-02-15 14:35:40  
Lakshmi.Harkonnen said: »
Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »

/sea all

20 people found in zone
17 solo bst.

yay!!!
so, so, so very true lmao..love this post
By Ericnuke 2012-02-15 14:39:28  
From my experience in dyna the weapons and af gear are based on TH and coins are more on red procs(assuming u have all TE, which u should). I'm sure coins are affected with TH as well, but not sure. Think I read where each color proc opened up another slot for coins to drop, but not completely sure. IMO, if you want just armor or weapon just kill fast as you can with TH and dont worry about proc'ing, just make sure you get the TE's 1st so you can have plenty of time and proc once you get what you want, good luck!
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-02-15 14:47:26  
Ericnuke said: »
From my experience in dyna the weapons and af gear are based on TH and coins are more on red procs(assuming u have all TE, which u should). I'm sure coins are affected with TH as well, but not sure. Think I read where each color proc opened up another slot for coins to drop, but not completely sure. IMO, if you want just armor or weapon just kill fast as you can with TH and dont worry about proc'ing, just make sure you get the TE's 1st so you can have plenty of time and proc once you get what you want, good luck!
weapons/gear - more chance of dropping with no proc, TH helps
currency - more chance of dropping with proc, TH helps
-any proc opens up a slot for a possible drop
-blue!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-yellow!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-red!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-white!! - opens up a slot for 100% 100 drop

while getting TE obviously gives you more time, if you are only after your base weapon just go murder lots of quadavs and get TE if you need it

edit/tldr:
blue proc - ~0-2 coins
yellow proc - ~0-3 coins
red proc - ~0-4 coins
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-02-15 14:48:39  
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Something else you could try is shouting once you're in the zone, every 10 minutes or so. I know if someone did that they could have all of my relic sticks or relic pokeys or whatever they want.

Maybe a comment, as well.

Butttt... you will probably still get it well before you get all your currency. Don't worry. :D

Can even save yourself loss of dyna for the day by just searching zone and if someone is there ask them. Youd get 5 mins to get to zone to lot it which is more than enough time
By Quiznor 2012-02-15 14:57:43  
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
-any proc gets you at least 1 currency

while getting TE obviously gives you more time, if you are only after your base weapon just go murder lots of quadavs and get TE if you need it

False,we got a red proc after all 5 TE's and got NOTHING (not even 1 coins or anything else of any form) from the mob,had TH7 or higher on at the time and each of the 4 of us in party were like "wtf"
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-15 14:59:03  
No where does it say "Guarantees a drop." The statement is accurate.
By Quiznor 2012-02-15 15:04:07  
Quiznor said: »
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
-any proc gets you at least 1 currency

False,we got a red proc after all 5 TE's and got NOTHING (not even 1 coins or anything else of any form) from the mob,had TH7 or higher on at the time and each of the 4 of us in party were like "wtf"

bolded the part that says otherwise,and unbolded the already bolded stuff @ Tikal,because reading and not skimming is hard
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-15 15:10:48  
Ah, apologies. You're right then; that's incorrect, currency is never guaranteed (except with white-proc).
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-02-16 15:56:45  
well, ok. but in every, every, every run i have ever done in dynamis, procing red has got me at least 1 coin, always. never have i procd and got nothing.

conclusion: the chance of getting nothing with a proc is very, very small, i guess
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 16:09:57  
Best thing to do is when you enter shout "I dont want (Insert relic here) to drop ever!)

when i farmed bastok for scythe we got in this order

2 ito
1 axe
1 GS
1 ito
2 axe
1gs
then i shouted "Please drop any relic besides scythe and the next mob dropped a scythe (10) mins left before we got booted
then we got another ito.

Disclaimer: note that this is of course coincidence and 60% of the time it works everytime.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-16 16:12:35  
took me 5 damn solo runs to get my ito to drop in bastok, but in that time i got 13 Gswords... its just random luck sadly.