Getting Ebisu Tommorw, What To Expect?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Getting ebisu tommorw, what to expect?
Getting ebisu tommorw, what to expect?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-11 19:52:17  
well im getting my ebisu tomorrow. just curios how it is compared to lu-shang.

I know its now unbreakable on legendary fish which is a great bonus itself

fishing cap is now 210 ?
i read somewhere that i had a hidden effect of +46 fishing skill?
any link to test that confirms that if its true ?

how much easier is it gonna be for me to get up lik's/grugrus ?C
an i expect a lower number of line breaks ion lik/gugrus ?
Less loss of minnows due to no rod breaking (or it i t just replaced with broken lines ?

Anything else that is greatly improved on this rod ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-11 20:01:55  
I'm not sure how to measure how easy something is when it comes to fishing, but you're going to have an easier time overall.

Line breaks will rise because instead of rod breaks some of those get converted to line breaks.

I think it goes like this:

Rod Break > Line Break > Catch Gets Away > Reel in Catch

If you no longer can break your rod, you'll have a higher chance of the other three.

I can't prove this, as I have no idea how to test this to be true or false. It is simply my opinion and that's it.

As far as the +46 fishing skill, it is true. You can tell what level something is by a fish slowly loosing health while you don't move the rod to weaken the fish. The moment you are at that level then you're a certain # above the fishes level (I can't remember how many levels it takes).

Also yes, you'll be able to catch 5% more fish, or 10 more fish than normal (210).

It will be easier to reel in legendary fish, you'll be able to lower their stamina and have a higher rate of catch. Just remember you'll also have a higher rate of line snaps and them getting away on fish that could break a lu shang before.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2012-02-11 20:12:11  
Hey! We are going to be Ebisu buddies tomrrow! I'm getting mine tomorrow as well.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-11 20:13:47  
grats!
 Fenrir.Hanabira
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-11 20:15:42  
hmm ive never heard of ebisu having +fishing skill on it
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-11 20:18:48  
+46 seems like a really random and arbitrary number, unless it's got something to do with mythology.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-02-11 20:19:06  
Josiahkf said: »
^
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-11 20:21:16  
Fenrir.Hanabira said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
+46 seems like a really random and arbitrary number, unless it's got something to do with mythology.
Like I said, the HP depletion starts at a certain level. Try it on a fish where you just start seeing it on ebisu and then try it with lu shang and won't see it on lu shang.
By Awax 2012-02-11 20:26:01  
You're gonna love your Ebisu.... and congrats to both of you.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-11 20:28:52  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Like I said, the HP depletion starts at a certain level. Try it on a fish where you just start seeing it on ebisu and then try it with lu shang and won't see it on lu shang.

Fishing 22, lol.
I wasn't denying that you were correct, I was just saying the number is really random XD
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-11 20:30:04  

Fishing 22, lol.
I wasn't denying that you were correct, I was just saying the number is really random XD
It really is random, I'm not sure what the significance is with 46, must have something to do with the way the fishing system works.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-11 20:33:23  
It's probably set to be exactly the right amount for some specific fish.

tl;dr balance
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-11 20:35:03  
Quote:
Facts verified by multiple fish:
Fishing skill 13 and above fish cap = Auto-depletion
Fishing skill -24 to 12 = Stagnant
Fishing skill -25 and below fish cap = Auto-regen
Lu Shangs has no hidden skill, it auto deplete/regens at the same levels as Halcyon and other cheap rods
Ebisu has hidden skill, it auto depletes/regens at different levels from all other rods

Target: Titanictus

With Lu Shangs:
autoregen at 89 (fish is 25 levels higher)
stagnant at 90 (fish is 24 levels higher)
Therefore, Titanictus skill cap is 114
Therefore, Last level Titanictus will be stagnant is 126 skill
Therefore, To autodeplete Titanictus you will need to be at 127 skill

With Ebisu:
stagnant at 80 (Skill is 12 levels above fish)
autodeplete at 81 (Skill is 13 levels above fish)
Therefore: First level to autodeplete TItanictus is 127, Ebisu rod first establishes autodepletion at level 81. 127 - 81 = 46.

Proposal: Ebisu fishing rod has a hidden attribute of +46 fishing skill.

Check my maths, I'm no good at it. If the math is right we can hopefully find another level 80 ebisu owner at some point to verify the original Titanictus test. And hopefully repeat the test with a fish in the 120's or 130's to make the levels easier.
Just did a quick search on BG of when I learned about it, I haven't followed up on the information since then.

I know someone was testing it at level 80 before I stopped using BG, but never heard anything from it after.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-11 20:39:33  
I was a lvl 80 ebisu owner, but that was long ago...
 Bismarck.Rosalee
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2012-02-11 20:51:29  
YAY no more guild points EVER!!!!! got mooching XD (and everything else too already lol)

well maybe i'll get 10k and get a belt for lulz.
 Lakshmi.Odude
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-02-11 21:28:17  
I think my server recently had a TON of Ebisu's born because sinking minnows are always out of stock, or the price is almost 10 times above their base cost. So if you're planning to fish up Hakuryus there may be a supply issue to consider.

Either way, congrats, and welcome to the club!
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-11 21:30:33  
I'm not a fisherman, but with an Ebisu, I would probably expect fish.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-11 21:32:38  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
I'm not a fisherman, but with an Ebisu, I would probably expect fish.
lol

ah yea, ebisu also allows you to catch ebisu only fish too. :x
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-11 21:43:23  
Quote:
what to expect?
a Fishin rod~
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-11 23:25:08  
interesting, it makes me believe GP and gear are even more laughable, whats another 4 or 5 anyways when youre already at 150 with gear. but yeah, ebisu dosent open very many doors. you can either sell people items to make their own ebisu, or battle over sinking minnow for hakyru or abaia (which will probably be worthless monday)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-12 00:10:58  
You think they are nerfing hakuryu? lol

People have said they would for months, I doubt it will happen now. If it does then it's for the best, but I doubt they will.

Honestly instead of destroying the only fish that is worth gil anymore why not just raise the npc prices of other fish, since they failed in making fishing work well with cooking. Sure, there are a few popular recipes that uses fish, not many though. The large majority of fishing recipes for cooking are a waste of time.

Also they were thinking about making ebisu apart of the ToM, and being able to augment ebisu to make it more powerful. Sounds interesting anyways, but imagine having to fish up 10,000 crayfish or 10,000 ???? that has like a 5% bite rate and can snap your line even. I'd still want to do it and would expect trials like so, but still people would complain over it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Would be interesting what augments they have thought up though.
By volkom 2012-02-12 00:13:37  
increase fishing limit :D ?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-12 11:14:35  
Sounds interesting anyways, but imagine having to fish up 10,000 crayfish or 10,000 ???? that has like a 5% bite rate and can snap your line even. I'd still want to do it and would expect trials like so, but still people would complain over it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

47.6 days work (assuming 210 catches of just your target fish) for +1 to your fishing limit! :D

Damn right I'd complain XD
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2012-02-12 11:39:00  
I'd say overall, the only thing you can expect and be totally happy about is the fact that your rod will never break. After going through boat rides where it seem the only thing I did was fix my lu shang, I was really happy I never had to deal with that again.

You'll be disappointed if you think you'll be getting a whole lot of liks/gugs, though. You'll still be seeing a whole lot of line breaks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-12 11:51:40  
You think they are nerfing hakuryu? lol

People have said they would for months, I doubt it will happen now. If it does then it's for the best, but I doubt they will.

Honestly instead of destroying the only fish that is worth gil anymore why not just raise the npc prices of other fish, since they failed in making fishing work well with cooking. Sure, there are a few popular recipes that uses fish, not many though. The large majority of fishing recipes for cooking are a waste of time.

Also they were thinking about making ebisu apart of the ToM, and being able to augment ebisu to make it more powerful. Sounds interesting anyways, but imagine having to fish up 10,000 crayfish or 10,000 ???? that has like a 5% bite rate and can snap your line even. I'd still want to do it and would expect trials like so, but still people would complain over it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Would be interesting what augments they have thought up though.
sorry i should have made it clear that i was talking about abaia's worth likely dropping off the map after the change to lucky broth's recipie and falcorr. But nerfing hakuryu and the other "ryu" fish would most definately not be for the best because we would go back to gugrusaurus/lik being the only fish you could profit on again. maybe the occassional ryugu titan (although i have terrible luck trying to get these)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-02-12 12:38:43  
The only other way to make as easy gil is to crour burn farm..... but fishing and crour burn farming... now that's being smart. *Ludoggy Lesson 101*
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-13 09:17:06  
Phoenix.Pooman said: »
I'd say overall, the only thing you can expect and be totally happy about is the fact that your rod will never break. After going through boat rides where it seem the only thing I did was fix my lu shang, I was really happy I never had to deal with that again.

You'll be disappointed if you think you'll be getting a whole lot of liks/gugs, though. You'll still be seeing a whole lot of line breaks.

this soo much this

it made a HUGE difference that i dont have to fear fixing my rod at the wrong time

alsot (warning eyeballing)

i just did gugrus and got 15 grugrus in about 80 meat balls
thats feel like a H#LL more than i did with lu-shang.

Im a very happy fisherman now