フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis FAQ
Dynamis FAQ
First Page 2 3 4
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 04:04:14  
Please read this thread before creating a new thread.

[Feel free to PM me if there is a mistake somewhere or you think I should add more information to an answer. I also have not done a single city run since Dynamis changed, so I have zero personal experience with it. I'm typing this in the wee hours of the morning so please excuse typos or grammar mistakes. I will proofread it better when I'm more awake.]

I strongly recommend reading the Dynamis information at BGWiki. It answers pretty much everything I answer here. For those who have the time and are willing to read, I suggest taking a look at BG's Dynamis thread. If you do read it, go all the way through (starting around page 60). There have been adjustments over time, and you don't want to waste time by going off of old information.

Q. Which zone should I do?
CoP zones are the preferred choice since you target nightmare mobs instead of beastman. Beyond that it will come down to preference and competition. I personally prefer Qufim, but Bubu also has some good camps. I don't like Bubu because of how spread out the TEs are in comparison to Qufim. Again, it comes down to preference. Everyone has their own experiences and opinions. I recommend doing research on each zone so you know which mobs you will target and where the TEs are. After that, do 1-3 runs in each zone to get a feel for it.

Tavnazia can only support one group, so unless you are going for a specific drop, don't bother.

Q. Which mobs should I do?
This varies based off of the zone you are doing, and which procs you are going for. JA procs are the most efficient method of procs, but if you find yourself with heavy competition, you may opt to do WS. It also depends on your gear and skill. DC mobs have a higher droprate, but if you're taking 5 minutes per mob, it's not worth it.

Q. Where are the TEs?
Each zone has 4 Impossible to Gauge static TEs at EP beastman camps. This means they will always spawn in the same area. There is also a 5th 'random' TE. This means it will randomly spawn at a group of beastman who do not have a static TE. These beastman are also DC mobs. You can find the maps on BGWiki.

Q. How do procs work?
Your proc color, excluding white, is dependent on how many TEs you kill. You should always kill all 5 TEs. This guarantees you at least one currency per proc, and freezes the mob for a short period of time.

Procs are also dependent on in game time. Each mob has a JA, WS, and magic window. This varies on mob/zone, though you will typically find that 2-3 mob families will share the same cycle.

Magic procs have a ridiculously low chance (supposedly 5%), and are never worth it. WS procs generally aren't worth it due to having to build TP to proc. Also, they nerfed AoE WS procs a while back so you have a much lower chance of proccing mobs you are not targeting. JA procs are the best method of proccing.

White procs guarantee a 100 piece.

Note: PUPs can proc WS with the use of Flashbulb, Strobe, Disruptor, etc.

TE/proc effect chart:

Q. Can I proc magic with spikes, enspell, etc.?
Unconfirmed. [I will have to go through the BGWiki thread again to see what the final consensus was (if there was one). It's been a while since I read the information, and there are still differing opinions here on FFXIAH about spikes working.]

Q. Can I proc during TP moves, casting, etc.?
Yes.

Q. How do I get a white proc?
You must enter a CoP zone with your subjob locked. This gives you a 1% chance of having it replace your normal proc.

Q. Are white procs worth it?
White procs are practically never worth it while solo. For a duo, white procs should come second to TH. Some people have never seen a white proc after a significant amount of runs. Personally, my trio (me dual box and Sav) averages a white proc every three runs.

Q. Can NMs proc white?
Yes. You can get 2 100s off of a white procced NM. In my experience, NMs are stingy with 100s, and the odds of getting a white proc on one are abysmal.

Q. When a mob is already procced, can it proc white?
No.

Q. What job should I use?
BST/DNC and DNC/THF are two of the more popular and efficient solo jobs. After the TH adjustment for BSTs, their efficiency will need to be reevaluated. (Though they'll most likely still be considered one of the top choices.) THF/DNC and NIN/DNC are also common job choices while solo.

For duo/trio, don't forget to prioritize TH. Simply having /THF will boost your currency amount by a decent amount. If possible, try to have a THF main for increased TH.

Q. Can I unlock my subjob?
Yes, the location you enter at will have a Somnial Threshold that you can click on to unlock the sub. Once unlocked you cannot lock it again during that run.

Q. How much currency should I be getting?
A general consensus that I've seen is that 150 should be the low end of your average. If you're not getting this then you are doing something wrong. You may want to switch your target mobs, choose a less crowded time or zone, or take a look at your gear.

Q. Should I hold a mob to proc it or just kill it?
This comes down to preference, and how often it occurs. Sometimes we will hold a mob for one more round of JAs before killing. Other times we will straight up kill. It depends on if we are waiting on repops or not due to high amounts of competition. Find your balance. Generally, the consensus seems to be not to hold the mob to proc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 08:54:04  
I'm unlocking the thread now. Keep in mind that I am trying to balance facts with opinions. It's understandable that there will be those that disagree with portions of it. This is why I tried to base a lot of it off of the general consensus of posters here and at BG. Once I catch up on the BG thread, hopefully I will have more information to add or clarify.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-07 09:01:21  
I would believe that NMs can be white procced, but I would guess the maximum number of 100s you could get off it would be 2 (one for white, one at their normal 5% rate).
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 09:03:16  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I would believe that NMs can be white procced, but I would guess the maximum number of 100s you could get off it would be 2 (one for white, one at their normal 5% rate).
There's a screenshot in the BG thread of someone getting two 100s from a white proc. Since that's confirmed I'll just edit it, and keep it at 2.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-02-07 09:04:34  
May be worth mentioning that TE's always come up as 'impossible to guage' helps me a bit. Especially when it comes to the 5th TE.

Jobs should also not be limited to those you stated. I am able to pull in around 200-300 dual box on an empty night with MNK and NIN.

Final tip. Often when camps get cleared out, there is generally a WS type mob right near by. I often like to kill one or 2 while waiting for repops. Often is better then standing around doing nothing. And at the end of the night can net you a little extra if you try.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-02-07 09:05:07  
Wait, NM's have a 5% normal drop rate for 100's? Cool!

This thread's already helped me a ton :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-02-07 09:05:43  
Quote:
Q. Can I unlock my subjob?
Yes, the location you enter at will have a [Can't remember the ???'s actual name offhand] that you can click on to unlock the sub. Once unlocked you cannot lock it again during that run.

It's the Somnial Threshold when you first zone in to unlock subjobs.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 09:07:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Wait, NM's have a 5% normal drop rate for 100's? Cool!

This thread's already helped me a ton :D
We've gotten 3 100s in Qufim from the bat NM so far. That's out of quite a few attempts. Our first drop was on the first kill, so it baited me in. We've probably lost more currency from attempting it than if we ignored it. We primarily do it now when there is a lot of competition, and it's not really a loss at that point.
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-07 09:07:06  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Jobs should also not be limited to those you stated. I am able to pull in around 200-300 dual box on an empty night with MNK and NIN.

He said "two of the more popular and efficient," which is true.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 09:10:58  
I am going to ease up on what I said about WS procs generally not being worth it in a bit. While not as good as JA procs, they're still viable.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-07 09:13:10  
May be worth mentioning that TE's always come up as 'impossible to guage' helps me a bit. Especially when it comes to the 5th TE.

Final tip. Often when camps get cleared out, there is generally a WS type mob right near by. I often like to kill one or 2 while waiting for repops. Often is better then standing around doing nothing. And at the end of the night can net you a little extra if you try.

Yeah, don't want more BSTs running around in there causing trouble!

Also, when camps cleared out, sometimes you can also pull a JA beastmen, too, while waiting for repops, if you prefer that over a WS nightmare.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-02-07 09:13:21  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I am going to ease up on what I said about WS procs generally not being worth it in a bit. While not as good as JA procs, they're still viable.
I agree they aren't worth it as a main source. But on those nights when dyna is a hip hopping joint, it's better then standing around for a couple minutes waiting!
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-07 09:14:56  
The TE stones names are different

Yagudo = Avatar Icon
Orc = Warchief Tombstone
Quadav = Adamantking Image
Goblin = Goblin Statue

the fake/EP ones are

Yagudo = Manifest Icon
Orc = Serjeant Tombstone
Quadav = Adamantking Effigy
Goblin = Goblin Replica
 Bahamut.Bizarro
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2012-02-07 09:15:05  
One thing to mention, with all TEs a proc will also lock a mobs 2 hour the degrees vary from that point based on the number of TEs. I think 4 TEs give a chance for 2 hour lock but not 100% with 1 TE just giving the terror effect?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 09:20:24  
I agree they aren't worth it as a main source. But on those nights when dyna is a hip hopping joint, it's better then standing around for a couple minutes waiting!
Since I'm pretty much done with bynes/whiteshells, and their price has plummeted, I find myself opting to do two windows of Bronzepieces (JA and WS) instead of rotating. This also gives me a window of little to no competition when it's crowded.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-07 09:24:23  
im willing to bet WS window with dual wielding multi-hit weapons wouldnt be a bad option. but i dont wanna make a 2-4 hit dagger to test that.

maybe a war or a sam should break out the quint spear and try it lol
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 09:26:39  
Bahamut.Bizarro said: »
One thing to mention, with all TEs a proc will also lock a mobs 2 hour the degrees vary from that point based on the number of TEs. I think 4 TEs give a chance for 2 hour lock but not 100% with 1 TE just giving the terror effect?
TEsProc typeProbabilityEffect on MonsterCurrency Drop Rate
0~2NoneN/AN/AN/A
3The chance of seeing drop is increased after procing blue abilities on the monster.LowVery brief terror.Adds a single drop slot
4The chance of seeing drop is increased after procing green abilities on the monster.MediumTerror/Stops 2-Hour/Able to Re-use 2-Hour if stoppedAdds another single drop slot
5The chance of seeing drop is increased after procing red abilities on the monster.HighTerror/Stops 2-Hour/Unable to Re-use 2-HourAdds a 100% single drop slot
3~5The chance of seeing drop is increased after procing white abilities on the monster.~1%TerrorAdds a 100% hundred-piece drop slot (CoP Only)
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-07 09:52:48  
While it's been said numerous times in PUP threads I feel it may be relevant to make a small note of the ability of Automaton attachments to proc WS mobs. At least through my own testing over a month or so of runs. I have no information on them proccing other types.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 10:02:28  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
While it's been said numerous times in PUP threads I feel it may be relevant to make a small note of the ability of Automaton attachments to proc WS mobs. At least through my own testing over a month or so of runs. I have no information on them proccing other types.
Thanks for reminding me.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-02-07 10:09:12  
My understanding is that Weapon Skills and Job Abilities have the same proc rate on mobs. ~25% the downside of Weapon Skills is that you have to wait for the 100 percent TP to execute it.

With a BST and DNC (no sub) we are able to get about ~350-400/run without any white procs. Sometimes I would proc white three times in one run then go another week without proccing at all.

Valkrum seemed to the best zone doing fungar->hippo->gobbue. All are close to one another, only problem is the TEs are very far apart.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-07 10:14:49  
Super helpful writeup Krizz. Thanks for taking the time to put it all down.

I know that it's been mentioned before, but is there anything concrete on NM proc times or is it "random"? I have done bubu dragons, the bat in qufim, etc etc; the "non-beastman" nms and have gotten stagger with ja, ws, and magic during the same time of day. Is there any method to the madness or is it just spam all types until you get one to land?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 10:21:36  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Super helpful writeup Krizz. Thanks for taking the time to put it all down.

I know that it's been mentioned before, but is there anything concrete on NM proc times or is it "random"? I have done bubu dragons, the bat in qufim, etc etc; the "non-beastman" nms and have gotten stagger with ja, ws, and magic during the same time of day. Is there any method to the madness or is it just spam all types until you get one to land?
AFAIK, it's just random.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-02-07 10:27:09  
Is 150 really the low average or is that with TH? Previously I've soloed NIN/DNC and best I think I get is ~90.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-02-07 10:34:00  
Would it be appropriate to post gear sets and compare/fix them in this thread to help maximize/fix your yields?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 10:35:34  
I don't think this is the appropriate place for gear sets. That should be in the appropriate job forum, or if you really want to emphasize Dynamis, in its own thread in this section. I don't have a problem linking to these discussions in the OP.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-07 10:35:42  
It would probably be more appropriate to find an existing thread in the appropriate job forum.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-02-07 10:36:27  
Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »
Would it be appropriate to post gear sets and compare/fix them in this thread to help maximize/fix your yields?

seems to me that those would be better covered as the specific job. there's already a thread sylow made about best DNC gear, ect.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-02-07 10:49:24  
Q. How do procs work?
Your proc color, excluding white, is dependent on how many TEs you kill. You should always kill all 5 TEs. This guarantees you at least one currency per proc, and freezes the mob for a short period of time.

Procs are also dependent on in game time. Each mob has a JA, WS, and magic window. This varies on mob/zone, though you will typically find that 2-3 mob families will share the same cycle.

Magic procs have a ridiculously low chance (supposedly 5%), and are never worth it. WS procs generally aren't worth it due to having to build TP to proc. Also, they nerfed AoE WS procs a while back so you have a much lower chance of proccing mobs you are not targeting. JA procs are the best method of proccing.

I know you mentioned it varies on mob/zone, but I think it needs to be emphasized that the ingame time is related to Dreamworld zones only. Also, I'm sure its your opinion but magic proc isn't as bad as you described. A Blu + WHM/RDM combination can dish out a lot of lowbie-mp-costing magic to proc. And WS proc are worth it if you have multiple mobs pulled, simply switch targets, TP on something else and WS on whats not proced yet.
 Bahamut.Hucksterthief
user: huckster
By Bahamut.Hucksterthief 2012-02-07 10:51:10  
I've started as duo THF/DNC and WHM/SMM with about 90-100 coins per run (Dynamis-Valkurm), now I'm doing Dynamis-Tavnazia with the same setup and averaging 150-180 coins. (with TH6 & stagger on almost every mob). WHM just heals, buffs (prot/shell/auspice/boost-agi) and debuffs (dia2/slow/paralyze).
First Page 2 3 4