users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » 20K exp
20K exp
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2012-01-23 16:54:53  
So my curiosity for "Enhances Assimilation Effect" on the Mirage Shalwar +2 is the reason I'm doing this. So I need 20K exp in Dynamis Bastok/Buburimu while wearing pants. So my question is, is there a way to get better exp or just gruel through 20+ days of Dynamis?
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-23 16:56:04  
Don't forget that xp bands count. Best way is to set up an old fashioned meripo
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-01-23 17:02:51  
Exp books don't work towards trial unfortunately.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-01-23 17:12:01  
I personally wouldn't waste over a million gil to zerg random mobs for an exp trial. Speaking from experience, if you farm normally procing decent challenge JA mobs in dreamlands you'll finish in 2 days. 3 days if you do easy prey mobs. Of course it would take longer depending on the job you go on. But if you're the impatient one then by all means just go around hacking everything to death~ We all look at things differently.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-01-23 17:22:01  
exp book, wasting over a million gilz.... did you two even read the OP question?
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-01-23 17:24:43  
I guess he means just mindlessly killing the mobs instead of procing them for currency when he said millions of gil. But I dunno where the book thing came from.. wouldnt be surprised tho.. books are everywhere now!
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-01-23 17:25:54  
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
did you two even read the OP question?

Cerberus.Sey said: »
So my question is, is there a way to get better exp or just gruel through 20+ days of Dynamis?

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Speaking from experience, if you farm normally procing decent challenge JA mobs in dreamlands you'll finish in 2 days. 3 days if you do easy prey mobs. Of course it would take longer depending on the job you go on.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-01-23 17:29:31  
Bismarck.Cicada said: »
I guess he means just mindlessly killing the mobs instead of procing them for currency when he said millions of gil. But I dunno where the book thing came from.. wouldnt be surprised tho.. books are everywhere now!
Probably talking about the items that give you xp when you use them.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-23 17:31:11  
Cerberus.Sey said: »
So my curiosity for "Enhances Assimilation Effect" on the Mirage Shalwar +2 is the reason I'm doing this. So I need 20K exp in Dynamis Bastok/Buburimu while wearing pants. So my question is, is there a way to get better exp or just gruel through 20+ days of Dynamis?

You certainly don't need 20 days of grinding in dyna for 20k EXP, an average dyna currency farming run should get you done in 3 days without band. Bubu is also the easiest zone(IMO) to finish trial, since there are more good camp than other zones.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-24 05:12:35  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bubu is also the easiest zone(IMO) to finish trial, since there are more good camp than other zones.
Sucks though that the trial requires you to do exp in specific zones.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-24 06:28:16  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I personally wouldn't waste over a million gil to zerg random mobs for an exp trial. Speaking from experience, if you farm normally procing decent challenge JA mobs in dreamlands you'll finish in 2 days. 3 days if you do easy prey mobs. Of course it would take longer depending on the job you go on. But if you're the impatient one then by all means just go around hacking everything to death~ We all look at things differently.
It's worth it to a lot of people to finish their trial quicker for 1 mil. Just take a look around these forums. "Gil is useless" "Gil is easy to get" etc.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-25 18:13:03  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »

Just found out that EXP band doesn't count, wasted one charge ;(
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-30 20:47:49  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »

Just found out that EXP band doesn't count, wasted one charge ;(

My bad....I had 2 pieces of relic+2 on in Tav, so EXP was splitted.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
サーバ: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2012-01-30 21:31:19  
Actually, exp rings DO work in dynamis. I know this for a fact by using it to help break my smn horn. And in Ice dyna, the books that drop (if used while wearing the item) goes toward the trial progression too. The best way is to solo, duo or trio... anything more i suggest you do a lvl sync party. Yes i said it... a lvl sync party in dynamis for trial progression.

I started doing SAM hands today and its Bastok/Qufin. Bastok is great for a Blu if you want to get mobs the mag/ws proc, the are abundant right at the AH. they are EP for a 99 SAM so it shouldnt be too hard for blu either. TE in bastok may get you killed so if your solo, expect to die once or twice getting some of them.

Good luck and use those exp rings.
 Ragnarok.Jajabiondina
By Ragnarok.Jajabiondina 2012-01-30 21:31:35  
I get 3k+ exp on ep solo as thf so i fail to see 20k in 3 days.
 Phoenix.Felos
user: Felos
By Phoenix.Felos 2012-01-30 21:48:10  
So maybe I missed the memo, are these AF+1/AF+2 trials?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Felos
user: Felos
By Phoenix.Felos 2012-01-30 21:53:06  
IC awesome, thanks, I keep seeing these threads but no one mentioned what for and wikis trial stuff is severally out-dated.
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2012-01-30 22:12:03  
I've been able to do the tav trial in one run with Novennial Ring. All others have taken two runs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-01-30 22:14:57  
I got 20k in one run on my MNK for the 2hr pants. We went BRD + MNK but to be fair I used a novenial ring charge!

[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-30 22:24:56  
I had no trouble soloing 7k XP on DNC fighting DCs in Tav.