CoP Mission 2-5 Ancient Vows (Your Suggestion)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » CoP Mission 2-5 Ancient Vows (Your Suggestion)
CoP Mission 2-5 Ancient Vows (Your Suggestion)
 Lakshmi.Alaric
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-05 08:26:18  
I have CoP 2-5 run this Friday and trying to figure out set up and run. Any Suggestions?
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-05-05 08:41:33  
My group went in with the plan of killing 1, reraising, and then killing the other 2 but we just ended up killing them on the first assault and set a record. Here's how we did it:

DRG/WAR, DRG/NIN, 2x WHM, PUP, NIN

- NIN sight aggros all 3 and starts running around the circle with 1 WHM helping keep them alive
- DRG/WAR provokes one Mammet and stands on edge of circle
- Both DRG's, PUP, and 2nd WHM work on one Mammet
- Lock Mammet into any form except ranged so they can't use Transmogrification (Physical damage absorption)
- When 1st is dead, DRG/WAR vokes 2nd Mammet
- NIN and WHM duo 3rd Mammet while the other 4 work on the 2nd Mammet

We had one death (me) at the end but Transmogrification hadn't been discussed before going in which caused the fight to last longer than expected. I recommend a hi-potion or 2 for the melee (especially anything not sub nin) and obviously yellow liquids.

Edit: This was a pick-up group so there wasn't a lot of elaborate planning or strategy, just people not freaking out and doing their jobs.
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2009-05-05 08:48:07  
Be prepared!!!!
You'll need about 3 yellow liquids per mammet, per fail.
Bring people to try different strategies. 2 kites worked for my group.
Pld/war, mnk/war, war/nin, blk/whm, smn/whm(kite), thf/nin(kite)
Jack-o'-lanterns are helpful for kites
Job related items//Hi-pots+3
navarian
and some food that helped whole group stats
and being lucky always helps :P
 Odin.Ravax
サーバ: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-05 09:01:32  
I recently went with a group using three Ninja/Dancers, two whms, and one rdm. Each Ninja just soloed their own mammet. Yellow Liquid was pretty worthless for this run but it was actually pretty safe. Not that that matters since you don't lose exp anyway.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-05-05 09:35:11  
3x NIN/WAR
1x Any DD (we had MNK)
2x WHM, SCH, RDM (any will do, but some one with silence helps)

Each NIN is assigned 1 mob.

You pull to positions around the bcnm to maximize the distance between them (incase of aoe)

DD helps each NIN in turn (helping the weakest first), after the first dies, the DD assists one of the NINs, and the nin with no mob moves to help the other (so at this point you have 2 people attacking both mobs).

NINs need their own yellow liquid to freeze the form and enough Hi-potions to last a while with no cure.

The mages stand in the middle of the bcnm moving to cure the nins and keep the mobs debuffed.

Relatively simple fight, its a bit stressful until the first mob dies, after that its easy.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-05 09:39:40  
I've always used the kiting strat, but I like the look of 3 nin's better
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-05 09:46:21  
I prefer two different strategies.

First is:
Smn x2
Nin x1
Whm x1
DD x2(that don't have pets)

Second is:
Pld x1
Nin x1
Whm x1
DD x3 (Preferably a Blu/Dnc/Cor as one of them.)

In the first strat you have the Smn Carby/Fenrir kite til the 1st Mammet is at 30%, then you bring one of the Smn over to it with their Mammet and have them 2hr with the avatar of whatever day it is (or Shiva). That Smn chugs Hi-Ethers/Mulsum and a yagudo/melon drink if they haven't yet. Then 2hrs again when their BP is ready again. By this point it should be down to under half HP. The 2nd Smn brings their Mammet over just before the 1st Smn's last BP is ready, then both AF the 2nd and 3rd Mammets killing the 2nd and severely injuring the 3rd. The 1st Smn rests up a bit in case people need healing, and then the 2nd Smn finishes the Mammet off while the others melee it.

The 2nd strat uses a Pld "Super Tank". The Pld runs in and aggros all 3 mobs but doesn't do any aggressive actions toward them, then the Nin pulls one off and the pt starts killing it a little ways back toward the start. The Whm positions at the mouth of the path back to the start where the open area starts. The Whm keeps the Nin hasted first, and then DD's as MP allows. The Pld runs in a circle around the arena stopping only when the mobs are using a move to heal himself as the Whm cures them. The nin/dd's kill the mobs one at a time, locking them into the Drg type so they're easier to blink tank. Then the Pld joins in on killing the last mob.

Both are very, very easy strats.

And as someone previously mentioned, Jack o' Lanterns are superb for anyone getting attacked. They give nice acc/eva and Arcana Killer. (Which is what the mammets are.)
 Kujata.Zakkwylde
user: zakkwylde
By Kujata.Zakkwylde 2009-05-05 09:55:54  
I just got sea a few days ago, so im pretty familiar with all the CoP missions. we tried the kiting thing with 1 nin and it failed horribly.
We went with:
1 PLD
1 NIN
3 SAM (or any DD, your choice)
1 WHM (with Yag Drinks)

What worked best for us is that the PLD took 1 mob, nin took another, and all 3 SAM (with NIN sub) fought the remaining one. After they killed that one, they ran to the one the NIN was fighting, because I was the PLD and was beastin on it and not gettin owned like that lolNIN...But after they killed that one, they came to assist the PLD and we not only broke the record, but the whm had 3/4 of their MP still. Overall a very smooth fight. Screw kiting, PLD owns that fight. Also, if you're going to bother to lock their forms with Yellow Liquid, the hand form was the easiest for the PLD to tank, it's overall pretty weak.
 Titan.Raitaru
サーバ: Titan
user: Crumpet
By Titan.Raitaru 2009-05-05 09:57:50  
I Astralburned this one if you have enough SMNs

1 x PLD 5 x SMN

PLD runs in and invincibles SMN's get avatar out depending on what day it is and Astral flows the mammets. They should die or be close to death. Make sure SMNs bring a few ethers in case any survive and just astral flow again.

Problem solved.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-05-05 09:58:09  
If your going to kite then keep both groups well apart.
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-05 09:59:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Raitaru said:
I Astralburned this one if you have enough SMNs

1 x PLD 5 x SMN

PLD runs in and invincibles SMN's get avatar out depending on what day it is and Astral flows the mammets. They should die or be close to death. Make sure SMNs bring a few ethers in case any survive and just astral flow again.

Problem solved.

Best suggestion of the bunch.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-05 10:01:04  
Yeah, provided you have 5 Smn. :P Generally it's easier to get people with DD/Pld/Nin/Whm/etc. than to get 5 of any job, especially Smn.
 Kujata.Bladerah
By Kujata.Bladerah 2009-05-05 10:01:30  
Zakkwylde said:
I just got sea a few days ago, so im pretty familiar with all the CoP missions. we tried the kiting thing with 1 nin and it failed horribly.
We went with:
1 PLD
1 NIN
1 WHM (with Yag Drinks)

What worked best for us is that the PLD took 1 mob, nin took another, and all 3 SAM (with NIN sub) fought the remaining one. After they killed that one, they ran to the one the NIN was fighting, because I was the PLD and was beastin on it and not gettin owned like that lolNIN...But after they killed that one, they came to assist the PLD and we not only broke the record, but the whm had 3/4 of their MP still. Overall a very smooth fight. Screw kiting, PLD owns that fight. Also, if you're going to bother to lock their forms with Yellow Liquid, the hand form was the easiest for the PLD to tank, it's overall pretty weak.

lol zakk the setup was
1 pld
1 nin
2 sam
1 mnk(who hundred fisted on the last one when it had Transmogrification up, lolmata noobin)
1 whm
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-05 10:01:33  
Argettio said:
3x NIN/WAR
1x Any DD (we had MNK)
2x WHM, SCH, RDM (any will do, but some one with silence helps)

Each NIN is assigned 1 mob.

You pull to positions around the bcnm to maximize the distance between them (incase of aoe)

DD helps each NIN in turn (helping the weakest first), after the first dies, the DD assists one of the NINs, and the nin with no mob moves to help the other (so at this point you have 2 people attacking both mobs).

NINs need their own yellow liquid to freeze the form and enough Hi-potions to last a while with no cure.

The mages stand in the middle of the bcnm moving to cure the nins and keep the mobs debuffed.

Relatively simple fight, its a bit stressful until the first mob dies, after that its easy.

^This

just keep the nin's hasted and they should do well. gl
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-05 10:05:57  
I did the kite strategy. The SMN burn sounds awesome, however.

RDM/NIN x2
NIN/WAR
Some DD (We used WAR/NIN)
Some DD (We used BLM/WHM, nuke and cure)
Some Healer (We used WHM/BLM)

RDM's just gravity and bind their own mammet, keep buffs up and cure each other while the others take one down. Just grab one off the RDMs when first dies. Then both RDMs can focus on keeping the last mammet busy until second is dead.
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-05 10:10:27  
Ive done that fight a few times all winz
dont remember strat tho basically went and hit stuff ^^.

GL with fight tho hun :)
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-05-05 10:11:00  
This fight was rather a pain to get people to do it with but the fight is pretty lol.

The way I did it was with a PLD holding two of them with WHM cure bombing her. Me(blu as always ^^) SAM DRG MNK zerged one with me stun locking and them spamming WSs. After that one was dead we took one off the PLD and did samething at this time we all needed to toss up meds. After that one was dead we all assisted the PLD in killing the 3rd. No 2hrs needed but mnk hundredfisted first, SAM meikyo'd the 2nd, and I Azure Lored headbutt spams on the 3rd.

Meds used hi-potsx30 for PLD(i think she had like a full inventory of pots).
BLU-pots yags ethers
DRG-icarus wing pots
SAM-icarus wing pots
MNK-icarus wing pots
WHM-yags and ethers

We did use yellow liquids after the mammet turned into loldrg mode.
I tried this fight with kiting but kiters were noobs and kept dieing.
If theres one thing you'll need to know before fighting is...
WATCH FOR TRANSMOGFICATION!(sp) Turns all physical dmg into hp so just unlock and turn around melees.
Pretty easy fight, no deaths and again the 2hrs were not needed just used because melees got bored lol.
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-05-05 10:15:08  
PLD/WAR
NIN/DNC
RDM/NIN
BST/WHM x 2
THF/NIN

BST's kite 2 Mammets, 3rd one wont last long, soon as its dead 1 BST will bring next mob and either melee with the party or assist the other BST with kiteing.

This is a very safe to beat this BCNM. i think my group has gone 4/5 (1st run was a practise)
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-05 10:27:51  
Great suggestions!!! Now pt set up I was thinking about was:

1 NIN/WAR
2 RDM/NIN
2 DD preferably DRG & WAR or DRK
1 WHM

Since is a LS run, I don’t think we have 2 SMN’s, but I really like the idea of 2 SMN's .. Hoping at least 1. Now what about the Yellow Liquids? Is this a MUST have? I think I'll have everyone take a few just in case…
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-05 10:30:31  
It's a "must" have in a way. You only really need 1 to start with. Just set someone that will be using them to QM, the mammets drop yellow liquids when they die.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-05 10:34:49  
Bleedingwulf said:
This fight was rather a pain to get people to do it with but the fight is pretty lol.

The way I did it was with a PLD holding two of them with WHM cure bombing her. Me(blu as always ^^) SAM DRG MNK zerged one with me stun locking and them spamming WSs. After that one was dead we took one off the PLD and did samething at this time we all needed to toss up meds. After that one was dead we all assisted the PLD in killing the 3rd. No 2hrs needed but mnk hundredfisted first, SAM meikyo'd the 2nd, and I Azure Lored headbutt spams on the 3rd.

Meds used hi-potsx30 for PLD(i think she had like a full inventory of pots).
BLU-pots yags ethers
DRG-icarus wing pots
SAM-icarus wing pots
MNK-icarus wing pots
WHM-yags and ethers

We did use yellow liquids after the mammet turned into loldrg mode.
I tried this fight with kiting but kiters were noobs and kept dieing.
If theres one thing you'll need to know before fighting is...
WATCH FOR TRANSMOGFICATION!(sp) Turns all physical dmg into hp so just unlock and turn around melees.
Pretty easy fight, no deaths and again the 2hrs were not needed just used because melees got bored lol.

this strat seems like a waste of gil imo. Any strat that include you bring 30 hi-pots is a failed strat
 Lakshmi.Tkai
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-05-05 10:35:51  
Tbest said:
It's a "must" have in a way. You only really need 1 to start with. Just set someone that will be using them to QM, the mammets drop yellow liquids when they die.

Agree. Yellow liguids is a must. I would say 3 or 4 should be good enough. Plus, I believe they are only 1k each in AH. What you don't used you can aways sell it back. I also didn't know that the mammets drop yellow liquids. Are you sure about this fact?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-05 10:38:30  
Tkai said:
Tbest said:

Agree. Yellow liguids is a must. I would say 3 or 4 should be good enough. Plus, I believe they are only 1k each in AH. What you don't used you can aways sell it back. I also didn't know that the mammets drop yellow liquids. Are you sure about this fact?

They drop yellow liquid in 2-5, the airship fight however I've done a few times without them dropping a single one. But yeah, I agree they are needed. Anyone who cant spend 2-3 k on a few of these for a successfull mission needs to go farm ^^
 Kujata.Zakkwylde
user: zakkwylde
By Kujata.Zakkwylde 2009-05-05 11:16:55  
Bladerah said:
Zakkwylde said:
We went with:
1 PLD
1 NIN
1 WHM (with Yag Drinks)

lol zakk the setup was
1 pld
1 nin
2 sam
1 mnk(who hundred fisted on the last one when it had Transmogrification up, lolmata noobin)
1 whm

My bad...correctin me you douche, and tell the pizza delivery guy to hurry up, im starving :(
 Kujata.Bladerah
By Kujata.Bladerah 2009-05-05 11:29:01  
Zakkwylde said:
Bladerah said:
Zakkwylde said:
We went with:
1 PLD
1 NIN
1 WHM (with Yag Drinks)

lol zakk the setup was
1 pld
1 nin
2 sam
1 whm

My bad...correctin me you douche, and tell the pizza delivery guy to hurry up, im starving :(

... ur insane... and hes otw. lol
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-05 11:54:32  
The safe set-up:
3x WHM
3x NIN

The garunteed set-up:
3-6 SMN

The rag-tag set-up:
1 NIN (kites 1)
1 PLD (tanks for 2DDs)
1 RDM (kites 1)
1 WHM (focus on tank)
2 DDs (assist tank)

Many combinations work, but the key is that everyone is paying attention.
This may sound trivial or "beating a dead horse", but you absolutely need:
- Tank with quartermaster, for yellow liquids
- Yagudo Drinks for mages
- Evasion set-up for kiters
- Look out for Transmorgy

I'm sure you will do fine...

~Yote
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-06 07:06:26  
Yeah, lets hope run goes smooth! Is like a few of you guys said, you need all pt members to focus and pay attention. I remember doing Promy's, after going over the run, members didn't pay attention or stock to the plan... ur like ----FREAKKKKI...!!!----But high hopes on this one. Since everyone is from LS XD

Thanks all!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-05-06 07:22:06  
Scizor said:
PLD/WAR
NIN/DNC
RDM/NIN
BST/WHM x 2
THF/NIN

BST's kite 2 Mammets, 3rd one wont last long, soon as its dead 1 BST will bring next mob and either melee with the party or assist the other BST with kiteing.

This is a very safe to beat this BCNM. i think my group has gone 4/5 (1st run was a practise)

do you do runs often? Im looking for a run for this :3
 Asura.Vashmir
サーバ: Asura
user: jmh05n
By Asura.Vashmir 2009-05-06 07:45:49  
I've done this 3 times with people from LS.
My strategy was always:
2 x Kiters (Rdm, Thf, or Nin)
2 x DD (Sam, War, Drk, Drg, etc)
1 x Pld
1 x Whm

I always had Yellow Liquids. I'm 3/3 on this fight and do not understand why people think it is so difficult.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-06 08:29:53  
In the past when I've attempted the run, is only been because someone was /shouting for it. So the ppl that did it, did not commit. Max runs have been 2 times when a pt members says (I got to go, or have an Event to run) This is so frustrating!! But Lady and Gent.. I think now since is LS members this will get done, and we're not going down till the fat lady sings! XD Hoping we beat it at least by 2nd try...