users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Question about yagrush
Question about yagrush
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-17 01:21:52  
about the divine veil affect on yagrush. is that at permanent making my -na spells AoE ?
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-01-17 01:23:14  
Yes.
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-01-17 01:24:08  
yse it si, it si a tean-o wpeaon
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2012-01-17 01:24:12  
Also works for other parties, too. With the exception of Erase, obviously.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-01-19 05:04:55  
that piece is amazing for not only that but how it also now even reduces recast time on spells like erase. those who think /sch is somehow an alternative aren't contemplating the 2mins for a charge (thus limiting other charges) and how accession can increase recast time x3 while yagrush actually shortens said casting time. even a dual boxer is going to get you all the na's and erases you need indirectly.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-19 05:26:52  
Yagrush is interesting for Divine Benison. The level 99 version either caps your Fast Cast or puts you 5% Fast Cast away from the cap. Somehow I forgot to test it. q.q;

Anyway though, any version higher than level 90 is going to cap your Fast Cast with AF3+2 pants.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-01-23 17:11:06  
For one thing, I wish people would stop throwing around the concept of "capped fast cast" which is something you have no grasp on. Not only has no cap been proven to begin with, but we don't even know how the different stats compound (e.g. "fast cast +x%" versus "cast time -x%"). Sure it's safe to assume there is a cap, but you're harming the community by trying to vouch for certain combinations putting you at the cap when you don't even know what it is.

Further, I don't think Divine Benison grants a static fast cast boost like folks tend to assume. I have the Lv95 Yagrush, and based on experience, I've noticed a wide variation in cast times & recast times. It's most apparent on Erase. Sometimes it will cast damn near instantly, like a quarter of a second tops, and sometimes it'll take closer to a full second. I remember one time where I was hit by a knock-back move as I hit my Erase macro, and managed to cast Erase as I was traveling backward without being interrupted, like a quick magic cast.

I think Divine Benison's cast time buff is actually more like quick magic than fast cast, in that it has a random chance of activation for a large boost rather than a steady but small reduction. I don't think it's exactly like quick magic, because I'm pretty sure that even with the insta-casts, it still had a non-zero recast time whereas quick magic lets you recast the spell right away.

That being said, I think the Yagrush doesn't increase the effect of Divine Benison, but the activation rate. I haven't done any testing to support this, but it's just anecdotal based on my experience.

Either way, it's still a game-changing piece. There are few pieces of equipment in the game that will actually facilitate changing your alliance setup around the item. Gjallarhorn comes to mind back in the day, although even that not so much anymore.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-23 17:27:54  
If you think it has instant cast it should be pretty easy to test casting something over and over.

I don't think it would be that though.
 Fenrir.Mesic
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-01-23 17:36:24  
Yea I would really doubt that it causes it to have an insta cast effect. And it should be incredibly easy to test. Recast timers are obvious, quick cast = instant recast. Testing shouldn't even be required, especially for someone that owns one, it should be blatantly obvious i would think from playing with it...? Just cast erase on yourself like ten times, and stare at the recast timer.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-23 17:36:55  
Well, in my experience Divine Benison is exactly like Fast Cast. It reduces recast by about half of the casting time reduction and stacks with other forms of Fast Cast additively. I tested level 75-95 Yagrush for their fast cast values on the test server and didn't see a single quick cast, but it may be possible to begin casting Erase and not have the server register your change in position (thus cast while moving) as long as you're casting fast enough.

tl;dr: Divine Benison gives Fast Cast until proven otherwise.

The "Fast Cast cap" is implied from recast tests. Above 80% Fast Cast, you can't see a change in recast. So either Fast Cast is capped or the contribution of Fast Cast to recast is capped. If you wanted to test this, you have all the necessary tools.

Go WHM/RDM with Yagrush 95, 5% Fast Cast in gear (like Marduk Jubbah), and AF3+2 pants and see if all of your spells cast instantly/are interruptable. If they don't, then there is a Fast Cast floor.
50% (Traits) + 20% (Yagrush) + 10% (AF3+2 Legs) + 15% (/RDM) + 5% (other Gear) = 100% Fast Cast
[+]