Question About Weapons.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Question about Weapons.
Question about Weapons.
By Fitali 2011-12-30 13:28:06  
I have Twilight, Evasion Kila+3, and Triplus dagger.

Which combo should I use for DPSing? Which combo for Tanking?

All help is greatly appreciated :).
 Phoenix.Purraj
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-12-30 16:11:17  
Based entirely on what you say you have, I would mainhand the Kila and offhand Triplus. Wouldn't really do anything different for tanking, again, assuming those are the only 3 daggers you own. Could use Twilight/Triplus, but you'd be justifying the quad attack and a dismal tp drain rate over 5 DMG and a bonus to Exenterator and EVA in general. Just my 2.
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-12-30 16:14:22  
As long as you offhand triplus and dont main it your good
 Bahamut.Gimpness
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-12-30 16:15:16  
idk bout now, but mainhand triplus offhand thf's knife was half-viable at 90. :x
 Bahamut.Feisei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-12-30 16:15:44  
Bahamut.Gimpness said: »
idk bout now, but mainhand triplus offhand thf's knife was half-viable at 90. :x

Stalker
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-12-30 16:17:50  
was gunna text you:

look through your window

but i can't find my phone. ;_;

so

LOOK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW
 Bahamut.Feisei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-12-30 16:18:43  
Somehow when i got my droid inc2 i lost your number, so you should txt me it
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-12-30 16:19:57  
ew not an iphone, and dammit D: goan make me find my ***
 Bahamut.Feisei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-12-30 16:20:23  
loliphone
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-12-30 16:21:55  
4S is kinda sick :3

i have a gay one though D: gotta figure out how to get siri off my sister's and onto mine >_> doubt it's even possible though.
By mortontony1 2011-12-30 16:44:04  
Question, why don't people main hand Trip? Doesn't the TA effect weapon skills when in main hand?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2011-12-30 17:12:11  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
mortontony1 said: »
Question, why don't people main hand Trip? Doesn't the TA effect weapon skills when in main hand?
DA TA QA function in any hand
Did not know that, thought it was like crit hit rate
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-12-30 18:50:55  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
DA TA QA function in any hand
Did not know that, thought it was like crit hit rate

Nope :D

Works anywhere.

Its quite lovely.

As far as the OP's choices go, Twilight/Triplus Hands down. the AGI boost to the Exentarator will be about useful as the 3% Chance of Quad Attacking Would be for the Weaponskill.

Once its a EVA Thocka or w/e, You'll mainhand that, Cause the DPS on that will trump what Twilight has to Offer.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-03-06 05:44:48  
Didn't want to start another thread so I figured I'd ask here.

I've had to start over and I've been (slowly) working on getting my thf semi respectable... My question is, which daggers would be best to use, main/sub? Keeping in mind that twashtar and the ones from Voidwatch are not options for me.

I just got a str thokcha done and I was thinking maybe another would be the way to go? I'm not really sure though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-03-06 05:47:46  
I would say yeah, but wait for sylow or someone to get here to confirm.
By Cirza 2012-03-06 13:50:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »

I've had to start over and I've been (slowly) working on getting my thf semi respectable... My question is, which daggers would be best to use, main/sub? Keeping in mind that twashtar and the ones from Voidwatch are not options for me.

I just got a str thokcha done and I was thinking maybe another would be the way to go? I'm not really sure though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Im curious to know this as well

Also what would be the best combo if u had access to one or two of the Qirin daggers.?
 Sylph.Malizia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2012-03-06 14:13:54  
Which daggers would be best to use, main/sub? Keeping in mind that twashtar and the ones from Voidwatch are not options for me.

The general rule (this has been true forever) is you want a high damage mainhand, and a "low-delay" offhand. STR thokcha will do great for a mainhand. Alternatively, you can build a mainhand def.down thokcha (48 DMG instead of 47) and offhand the STR thokcha.

Offhand, I'd go with Twilight Knife, or if you don't have that then Triplus. The quadruple attack makes it a "low-delay" dagger, but what makes Twilight Knife very useful is the drain HP/TP effect, especially if you're soloing.

Oh, you didn't mention, what exactly do you plan on doing as THF? Because sometimes, I'm sorry to say, you may have to offhand Thief's Knife.

Cirza said:
Also what would be the best combo if u had access to one or two of the Qirin daggers.?
Mainhand those. Offhand... oh, that's hard. Twilight is always a good choice if you're solo, but if you're not then I'd go def.down thokcha or STR thokcha.

Yes, I think the def.down thokcha is awesome and underutilized. It is also WAY easier to make than the STR thokcha.

Edit: because I know I'm going to get asked "WHY WOULD YOU EVER USE THIEF'S KNIFE YOU'RE GIMPING YOURSELF RRRARGH": only use it in large groups where your damage is irrelevant and you're only there for TH. For low-man or solo work, that TH+1 won't help you more than the increased damage output.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-03-06 19:00:40  
Oynos Knife, anyone? I've been offhanding it lately (fire mainhand) whenever I'm not getting hasted (ie, Dynamis) and I've been very impressed so far. My DNC partner also switched after seeing the results and he's fallen in love as well. Haste Samba, capped haste, and Haste from Oynos makes for some very fast swinging.
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-03-06 19:04:03  
This is basically all you need to worry about.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.