users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance: Gearing Paradigms for a New Age
The Last Dance: Gearing Paradigms for a New Age
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 117 118 119
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-24 16:08:41  
I would probably use it as an offhand for soloing /THF!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-24 16:13:55  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
If you can get it, the activation rate is high, and it's actually Copy Image instead of Blink.

Wait really? Did someone get it on the test server?

No, those are the conditions I think it would have to meet to be useful. It's probably going to be a 1% drop off a monster you can only fight every 100 hours, so it is hardly even worth considering as equipment. It would be a year of doing the same NM over and over to get it.

I use Thaumas essentially as described, except Thaumas/Nomkaph is probably better than AF3+2 + Miodio even with Saber up. Also, I haven't bothered to update my Delay capped DNC set in forever.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-24 16:17:28  
Ah. probably more than a year since you can only do one chamber per 24 hours and you lose your books every time you pop the boss.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-24 17:00:39  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I use Thaumas essentially as described, except Thaumas/Nomkaph is probably better than AF3+2 + Miodio even with Saber up. Also, I haven't bothered to update my Delay capped DNC set in forever.

I recently got Nomk Mitts, and I use Nomk/Thaumas over Brego/Etoile even when Saber is up. (Miodio do not exist on Siren.) Montentan's spreadsheet has it out doing the Etoile combo at least for Dyna DC purposes even if I am /war with Berserk up, which would be the most favorable for Etoile.

Sacrificing 2 DA to recap haste and get 4STR and 14 Attack is well worth it in my book. Also, being able to go 5/5 NFR gives a 28 TP bonus to my second Rudra in my skillchain when I use NFR.

My first Dyna using the Nomk combo instead of Etoile combo netted 308 coins and 24 touches which is my highest solo yet in spite of there being a THF that was soloing there as well. Of course I need to do more runs to establish a new average, but considering that is my new highest run, I have high hopes. My average for low competition is ~290-300, so not a huge increase, but an increase none the less.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-24 17:45:38  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I dunno, the blink dagger could be useful for ... something?

for dnc/thf soloing casters?, saving violent flourish to only stun -ga and have the blink eat the single target spells? Its all i got.

Would have been overjoyed if my lolExenteratorCorsair or bard could have equipped it
 Phoenix.Seshat
サーバ: Phoenix
user: maeko91
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-09-27 17:40:36  
Ignoring the fact that I'm on THF:

Yes, it could have been a Ukon, but no.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-27 18:12:25  
Phoenix.Seshat said: »
Ignoring the fact that I'm on THF

It's okay, I picked mine up on lolmeleeWHM.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-28 18:28:54  
Hagneia Stone vs Potestas Bomblet

For Verethragna, Hagneia>Potestas because it shaves a hit off the TP phase with average TP return on V.Smite. For Twashtar users, this also holds true.

Hagneia Stone bumps TP/hit from 5.0 to 5.2.

With average TP returns of 9.0 for Rudra and 12.0 for Exenterator, Hagneia would shave a hit off what is required. Same holds true for if you get 1/2 extra hits on Exenterator as well from multi-attack.

Hits required for 100 tp as a function of WS TP return.
Code
WS TP	Hagneia	Potestas
9		18		19
10		18		18
11		18		18
12		17		18
13		17		18
14		17		18
15		17		17

I know that nobody likes losing 12 attack, but what are other people's thoughts on this?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-28 18:39:03  
Hagneia wins very clearly for Exenterator spam, I hadn't thought of it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Pretty sure Potestas will win out if you're spamming Rudra for whatever reason (Unstacked rudra's spam actually pulls ahead in a lot of cases).
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-28 18:44:08  
(Unstacked rudra's spam actually pulls ahead in a lot of cases).
Hmm, I hadn't really thought of that. I guess even level one aftermath might be good enough to overcome the damage difference. Assuming Exenterator is not following a Wild Flourish.

Gonna have to test that out a bit I suppose.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-28 19:00:52  
As for Nomkahpa, I'm really not finding a use for them at all.

Maybe in embrava/march sets or something.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-09-28 20:56:34  
Hagneia wins very clearly for Exenterator spam, I hadn't thought of it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Pretty sure Potestas will win out if you're spamming Rudra for whatever reason (Unstacked rudra's spam actually pulls ahead in a lot of cases).

I actually claimed this a while back in a drunken post about 6 months ago
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-03 00:14:18  
I've done 2 meeble burrows bosses so far and DNC has performed very well.

I doubt Meeble will be an event plagued by a job heirarchy, though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 03:31:50  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I'm working to get this all updated and stuff, until then, read what's already here!

For organization purposes:

Current "obtainably ideal" sets listed here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fenrir/Hildog#item-sets

"Ideal" sets listed here if they differ from the above:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bismarck/Pauladeen#item-sets
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 03:33:31  
Feel free to make qualms with those listed sets, I sort of updated hastily.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 03:38:34  
Also, expect an overhaul to the information on the front page sometime this weekend!
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-10-06 04:01:16  
I do have a question in reference to some things stated in THF threads in relation to Rudras and Exent. First, Does Brutal+Ghillie+1 win vs. x2 Jupiter's Pearls (in the THF thread it was stated that Brutal was equated to a 2-3 stat earring, thus bringing the value of Jupiter's above it) Or a Jupiters+Ghillie+1 (Assuming over 276 TP, otherwise Brutal + Moonshade or Jupiters + Moonshade)? Same question in relevance to Exent as I have the x2 AGI earring set.

Another one deal with Rajas/Epona's over x2 stat rings. Believe it was mathed out that Epona's was considered now to be a poor WS choice. How would it fair against xThundersoul/Stormsoul or Rajas/___ assuming Jupiter's Ring with augments doesn't want to exist?

I've been using the double stat rings and earrings and have been seeing more consistency, but was looking to get your opinions on it as well as others. Or if you have those lovely mathematical facts, those work well too. <3 Just looking to optimize to the best of my ability between the two different jobs.

Edit: Tossing in a couple of thing to help. Mithra, STR/DEX 12/12, Dagger 8/8, 5/5 Saber (Rarely if ever not on). Looking for both stacked and unstacked Rudra's.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 04:08:33  
The only place I list Rajas/Epona's in those sets is for Unstacked Rudra's and Pyrrhic Kleos, where they should be the ideal choices. I consider augmented jupiter's ring to be harder to obtain than Khepri gear, i.e. functionally nonexistant.

Epona's holds a bit more value for us because of our lack of a base triple attack rate.

For Exenterator, I have two stat rings listed.

I have varying earring setups listed for Rudra's. For unstacked I list Brutal / Moonshade. For stacked I list Jupiter / Moonshade.

At 300TP, I'd guess replace moonshade with something else but yeah.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-10-06 04:13:28  
Thanks for the quick responses. Wrote that fairly quick, was more looking over the earring setups (double stat vs Brutal __) due to the conversion when spread over time. Much appreciated either way.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 04:16:44  
Were they discussing stacked or unstacked in the THF forum? It makes a difference.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-10-06 04:26:29  
It's not clearly stated, but going over the numbers it looked as if it were stacked (Sneak Attack), in that sense the obvious choice would be Jupiter's. Just re-read for clarity. Apologies.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 04:28:00  
Yeah, multi-attack becomes devalued somewhat on stacked WS because a much greater portion of your damage comes from your first hit :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 04:29:22  
As for why I bothered to list both stacked and unstacked rudra sets:

(Unstacked rudra's spam actually pulls ahead in a lot of cases).

*By a lot of cases I mean old content-ish stuff.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-06 05:41:09  
Phoenix.Seshat said: »
Same question in relevance to Exent as I have the x2 AGI earring set.

Another one deal with Rajas/Epona's over x2 stat rings. Believe it was mathed out that Epona's was considered now to be a poor WS choice. How would it fair against xThundersoul/Stormsoul or Rajas/___ assuming Jupiter's Ring with augments doesn't want to exist?

For Exen on dyna DC, AGI earring set + Stormsoul x 2 > Epona and brutal.

Edit: Only apply to saber dance up.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 09:20:54  
You're right, AGI earrings do pull ahead.

That aside, I probably won't bother with them, because I'm pressed for inventory as it is.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 09:24:42  
Actually I still get

Auster's Pearl + Brutal

to be the best combo.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-06 10:09:09  
Get Terpsichore, leave Exenterator gear in MH. Win!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 10:10:18  
Almost there!

...sort of!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-06 10:11:24  
No but seriously, PK is *much* harder to gear for than Exenterator.

They're about even when ideally geared. But, Ideal PK sets include Khepri.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-06 10:15:11  
Khepri Kecks are only slightly better than Abetteur Subligar, and the latter is likely obtainable:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Umagrhk

It has STR/DEX+10, Atk+14, Acc+7, and something else. It is my reason for wanting to do meebles now. We don't have it on bgwiki (or in the .dat mines) because SE changed the item information formatting and stuck it in a different .dat. Rest assured, top minds in the field are working on it.

Khepri Kecks and Khepri Bonnet are both potentially useful for TP too, so they at least aren't inventory -1.

It's almost annoying that the subligar exists, because it outdates Kheper Kecks in every way. Now Khepri Kecks are another synth where the NQ is ***and the HQ is awesome.
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 117 118 119