users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance: Gearing Paradigms for a New Age
The Last Dance: Gearing Paradigms for a New Age
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 117 118 119
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-25 16:53:50  
That's probably the best a PK build is going to get right now, but lolhexedgear!

That aside, we're headed west, maybe we'll be able to get jobs in saloons!?
 Cerberus.Keyoku
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-06-26 19:41:25  
Hey, late night question: I did try and look it up but after 5min of browsing 6 pages of search result, I'm still none the wiser. Or I'm just flat out blind...

For an Evis set: Toci's or Athos's body for outside? And if there is anything better for it, what is ti? Tho please tell me which of those 2 to use for now.

Thanks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-26 22:29:02  
What head armor do you use for Evisceration, and what hand/leg/feet armor?

Set bonuses kind of matter with those two options.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-06-27 06:08:25  
I'm using Ocelomeh Headpiece +1, sorry for not thinking ahead and posting that earlier. Since I use it for opening a SC 99% of all times, I'm using Athos's Gloves. Was toying with making a second macro with Charis Bangles +2 but I really barely have any need for that so I scratched that idea. Legs and feet I'm using Athos's also, so 3/5 on from that in my current Evisceration set, but I do have both the Tabard and Chapeau also if you think using those for the full set bonus would beat out Oce +1 and Toci's.
As always, appreciate the input.

tl; dr:
Ocelomeh Headpiece +1
Athos's Gloves
Athos's Tights
Athos's Boots

Also have and could use Athos's Tabard, Athos's Chapeau (hat seems like a downgrade to me, though but you'd know better than me)
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-06-30 17:18:57  
I don't have a Twashtar myself at the moment, but kind of curious about this being a Weapon skill set for Rudra's Storm. Making a STR dagger here costs close to 4mil, so I added Aluh Jambiya instead.

I added a few attack+ pieces because I know it helps out. But I am wondering if Thaumas hat is useful in a set like this, along with the Strigoi Ring. The earring is also augmented with Atk+4/TP Bonus +25.

Also, this is my current goal TP set for my DNC.

Wondering if I should spend the gil on the stone and if Thaumas legs are an acceptable leg option if you don't have the Exp trial AF2+2 legs done.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-30 17:23:25  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
This is sort of related, but I ran a Thaumas Coat set (basically using a normal saber dance set switching Charis +2 body --> Thaumas Coat and Charis +2 feet ---> Thaumas Nails) under normal Dynamis conditions (DC, Box step, Haste Samba, Haste Spell) and it's about full 10% behind using AF3+2 body.

So yeah, the people rating me down on the Thaumas Coat page can bite me.

tl;dr Don't TP in Thaumas Coat on DNC unless you have Haste + March or Haste + Embrava.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-30 17:29:24  
TP Sets with arbitrary offhands except for aluh in Abyssea:

Saber Down

Saber Up

March/Embrava

Asshitea
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-06-30 17:33:19  
TP Sets with arbitrary offhands except for aluh in Abyssea:

Saber Down

Saber Up

March/Embrava

Asshitea
I feel like I need spellcast for all of this o-o
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-30 17:33:55  
We've done that song and dance before, but the basic answer is that you do.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-06-30 17:41:26  
time to learn how to use spellcast then
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-30 17:54:33  
It's not too horrible, you can make it really simple on yourself (like I do) or you can be Byrth and have a spellcast capable of running an unmanned space probe.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-06-30 18:22:32  
It's not too horrible, you can make it really simple on yourself (like I do) or you can be Byrth and have a spellcast capable of running an unmanned space probe.
That sounds terrifying xD haha
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-06-30 21:11:25  

Do you use Guildwork, Sylow?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-30 21:14:05  
Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
Can use mine. Everything is handled with toggles and lots of room for situationl gear in the sets.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-06-30 21:17:18  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
Can use mine. Everything is handled with toggles and lots of room for situationl gear in the sets.
Alright, sounds good.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-30 21:18:55  
link
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-30 21:21:37  
/ma "Victory March" <me> toggles between march/no march

/ma "Drain II" <me> - toggles evasion levels

/ma "Absorb Acc" <me> - toggles acc/subtle blow

/ja "Sentinel" <me> - pdt

/ja "Rampart" <me> - mdt

/ja "Auspice" <me> - equips tp set you should be in if something doesn't swap in.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-07-03 14:19:47  
Since there is a thread floating around talking about offhands to Twashtar, but it is giving me a headache, I am going to ask here.

Inside Abyssea, I am using 3 different weaponskills. Aeolian Edge, Evisceration, and Rudra's Storm. All three of these weaponskills would get an advantage from using the TP Bonus offhand whereas my STR is capped and I am generally sub WAR.

Would this make the TP bonus dagger one of the best offhands inside abyssea? (Outside is STR magian all the way.)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-05 08:43:10  
It might, but I haven't done Abyssea since about the 90 cap so the question doesn't interest me!

Terpsichore has given me a reason to start playing Dancer again... Trials!!! I have another 500 killshots left, and I must say that these trials are incredibly easy on Dancer (especially with BRD dualbox).

200 PKs against undead : Bog Bodies on DNC/SAM with +60 STP in Atmas and OA2-4 offhand. No STR/DEX cruor buffs. This trial took me half an hour and I had a 2-3 round build.

200 Aquan killshots : Frogs in La Theine on DNC/SAM with RR/Stout Arm/Voracious Violet and Twashtar offhand. This trial took about 90 minutes.

300 Birds (Type) killshots : Bats in Tahrongi on DNC/SAM with the same atmas/offhand. This trial took about 2 hours. I think I could have done it without re-stoning, but I went to watch fireworks so I had to exit/enter anyway.

300 Arcana killshots : Observers in Misareaux on DNC/SAM. I've spent about 1.5 hours and have 96 killshots to go. {Time for work!}

So far I've been gunning for piercing weak targets, but beasts is going to be an unfortunate change of pace. I'll finally have powered up AM3 at that point, at least. Maybe I should do rabbits in Abyssea - La Theine? Anyone have a better idea?
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-05 09:09:29  
I stayed away from abyssea when doing my Ragnarok trials, that might've been because I was on WAR however.
As for beasts though, Uleguerand range would be the best place, usually you can team up with other people doing beasts trials but the entrance there is full of tigers and bunnies, not sure if it makes much difference between there and La theine rabbits though~ Good luck either way Byrth, hope you enjoy the Terpsichore!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-05 16:20:57  
Well, I'm dualboxing a bard so neither damage taken nor target defense matter very much. It's more a question of monster HP and WS damage.

I finished my last 96 Observers in half an hour. I did the first 200 Beasts at about 110-120 killshots per hour, but now I'm feeling a little burnt out and am going to go craft some crap.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-07 21:00:19  
I finished my Terpsichore trials. 99 version get!

Now I'm sitting in Port Jeuno trying to decide if there's anything I can do on Dancer.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-07 21:36:23  
Tanakanope.jpg
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-07 22:13:54  
I changed to SAM and went to AFK-test Nikko-ichimonji's Zanshin proc rate with my 130 GKT skill against crabs in Abyssea - Grauberg. It's not very high.

/anticlimatic

Tomorrow I'll probably do Limbus and maybe Salvage on DNC. I did Hahava today with the 95 version and did pretty unimpressive damage (~600-1k WSs without Berserk). Also, I realized that until I get Myrmex Mittens or Khepri Kecks I pretty much can't make a better PK build than 4/5 Thaumas.
 Phoenix.Cell
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2012-07-12 02:36:53  

Thanks again to this thread.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-12 04:53:54  
At what point(if ever) would Evis become better than Exen outside(buff wise)?
Champions drink in vw?
Blood rage?
Rouge's roll?
All of the above?
You know what I mean, hopefully :p
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-12 05:56:19  
Doesn't Hahava resist piercing damage, Byrth?
Champions in VW puts Evis pretty clearly ahead, but I don't know about the other two because I don't know the values off the top of my head.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-12 05:58:53  
Doesn't Hahava resist piercing damage, Byrth?

Probably, it was more of a disappointing run for other reasons (two naked WHMs and I ended up tanking/main healing myself/stunning from the mage party every fight.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-12 05:59:20  
Rogue's expected results would be between 6 and 25% crit rate~
19% 11 with not thf, 25% 11 with thf.
By LiandraLevi 2012-07-13 12:01:35  
I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on tanking mobs with high magic damage, like Turul or Glavoid's Disgorge. Really Magic mobs are the only Abyssea mobs that give me trouble on DNC solo or otherwise and wanted additional input.

A small group of friends and I are going to farm us up some Empy weapons soon, my NIN is getting leveled but I enjoy DNC a bit more and was wondering a couple of things.

1) First of all will NIN do a superior job vs DNC, should I just finish leveling and gearing NIN(from a tanking perspective only, not considering Red Proc's atm)
2) Dark Rings, Twilight Torque, Avalon Breastplate, what are some other worthy pieces of gear to add to my magic resistance build? +MDB Thokcha? In most situations I will have Shell V.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Any specific information on surviving Disgorge is greatly appreciated as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 117 118 119