フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance: Gearing Paradigms for a New Age
The Last Dance: Gearing Paradigms for a New Age
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 117 118 119
 Carbuncle.Verina
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-04-24 11:39:46  
With the Waltz TP-5 Augment on Desultors, is there a way to use <stpc> in your macros where you won't change gear until you confirm the waltz target AND make sure the TP-5 procs properly without having to wait until 50 TP?
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 11:46:52  
I'm not sure. I use <stal> for my waltzes, and it seems to work fine with spellcast.
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-04-24 11:47:35  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Can you steal fan dance with Absorb-Attri?

I asked Urt and he said no, same for Saber. He listed off a few but I can't remember them all but I think it was most of the merit abilities.

I've had a Drk steal both Fan Dance and Saber Dance from me in PvP, so it is possible. From what I saw they gained the full benefit of it too, and it seemed to start at full pdt much like ours.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-24 12:11:07  
I'm not sure. I use <stal> for my waltzes, and it seems to work fine with spellcast.
This. It has the additional benefit (waitwhatamisaying)of curing people that can't keep themselves alive <___<

I am a DD Dancer, don't make me cancel my Saber Dance!
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-04-24 12:23:01  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »

I asked Urt and he said no, same for Saber. He listed off a few but I can't remember them all but I think it was most of the merit abilities.

I've had a Drk steal both Fan Dance and Saber Dance from me in PvP, so it is possible. From what I saw they gained the full benefit of it too, and it seemed to start at full pdt much like ours.

I'm dumb, ignore me.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:37:28  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
This. It has the additional benefit (waitwhatamisaying)of curing people that can't keep themselves alive <___<

I am a DD Dancer, don't make me cancel my Saber Dance!

It's actually a useful spellcast rule to have it cancel saber dance if you try to waltz and you're paralyzed or have low HP or something.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:38:07  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »

Maybe Urteil was mistaken, I don't think he PvPs very much.

This would take like 5 mins to get a definitive answer, but I don't even know how to get to a PvP zone.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-04-24 12:57:26  
Nevermind, I asked Urt and he said he actually can do it. My bad.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:58:10  
Does it just steal the effect w/ no benefit or do you get the full benefit?
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-04-24 13:00:02  
Said he gets the benefit as well.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 13:01:24  
Seems like it would be better to not use stances vs. a DRK then, in PVP.

Edit: what the *** am I discussing
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-04-24 13:37:59  
Yeah we just tested it, he took saber with DRK/DNC (for testing) and got his waltzes locked out and got double attacks as well.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 14:04:38  
Good to know, sort of.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-24 14:06:27  
Can they absorb presto? XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 14:07:10  
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-04-24 14:15:11  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Yeah I almost considered making a Dancer PvP thread once to talk about things like INT and MP merits, resist gear builds, subjob tactics, etc etc but I kinda realized I am probably the only dancer who is remotely interested in such silly things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-24 14:17:19  

Yeah I almost considered making a Dancer PvP thread once to talk about things like INT and MP merits, resist gear builds, subjob tactics, etc etc but I kinda realized I am probably the only dancer who is remotely interested in such silly things.

I wanna fight urteil :x
just don't want to server transfar
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 14:21:29  
I just want a *** merciful cape :(
 Shiva.Vosslerr
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2012-04-26 12:24:11  
Just wanted to post how thankful I am for this awesomely made guide/discussion. Sometimes I even wish I was on Bismarck just to have someone to discuss and talk to about the awesome job Dancer is. lol

Pretty much the only thing I don't have is Relic legs for DNC. I've been trying but they just don't drop for me, that and its hard to get anyone for Dyna-Beau to help me out lol. Maybe with time though. I used your suggestion for x2 Str Thokchas (Onyos for Haste if I dont have a mage, switching when Haste procs), the damage output is truly amazing.

I've been trying to work towards a Twashtar also but every time I join an event linkshell, I attend with perfect attendance and it gets to be near my turn, it either dies out, they stop altogether for VW, or someone with 5 empys just puts in for another one and gets put in place for one before any other member. I don't really have the friends that are on at the correct times to really help me out.(I know linkshells have always been this way but oh well)

Still even with my imperfections, I love proving people wrong thinking DNC is not a useful and high damage dealing job. Anyways, thanks again for the awesome work you've done here Sylow, Byrth, and everyone else that has given some freakin awesome advice here. I'll be checking in constantly for new advice. :)

~Dancin' across Vana'diel~
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-26 13:28:21  
Talk to Dawnn about soloing Glavoid. You can solo itzpapalotl too, technically.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2012-04-26 14:28:42  
Hmm, Glavoid i think I could do but the KI bird and gnat? The gnat I soloed once, but I was extremely lucky lol. The bird just petrify me and one shots me, don't think ive ever killed him solo. :/
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-26 14:34:32  
Doing Dynamis for a couple hours a day and selling the currency to buy shells and scales is a much better idea. Soloing a Tahrongi weapon is never a good plan.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-04-26 14:39:39  
Shiva.Vosslerr said: »
Hmm, Glavoid i think I could do but the KI bird and gnat? The gnat I soloed once, but I was extremely lucky lol. The bird just petrify me and one shots me, don't think ive ever killed him solo. :/
Adze isn't too bad, I had to kill him 30 times at 90 cap when working on my DA Parazonium. Of course, I was /NIN because no need for red proc, so that would give me a slight edge, but bring plenty of holy waters and have a pdt set for if you get petrified, and I can't imagine him being too bad.

(For my 30 Adze, 20 were solo, and 10 of them I was able to join up with random Glavoid groups so I didn't steal their KI's. Also, JP's were very unfriendly and refused to team up... jerks.)
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-26 17:25:54  
Doing Dynamis for a couple hours a day and selling the currency to buy shells and scales is a much better idea. Soloing a Tahrongi weapon is never a good plan.

This too. You could supplement it with soloing, though.
By mortontony1 2012-04-26 17:54:44  

Heck you could do worm parties for a few days and assuming you have the room convert it to gil. Would only take maybe 10 good/long days to get enough to buy all 100 items, and maybe another 3-4 days for a good duo/trio box to merc them all.
 Siren.Fupafighters
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-26 18:17:34  
There is always farming gold boxes too lol. When I'm too lazy to farm glavoids, I just farm amber and get myself some chloris trigger too.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2012-04-26 19:11:29  
Thanks for the advice, you are all awesome lol. I'll get there, just have to stick my mind to it. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-26 20:31:50  

You could supplement it with soloing, though.

Soloing glavoid sucks, pretty much gotta eat the -ga's and stun tp moves. ONE missed stun can be life or death so etoile casaque/+1/+2 is pretty much needed. The sheer amount of time that it takes to solo farm/pop/kill glavoid is ridiculous and it all goes to waste because of one unlucky missed stun. Even though I was stubborn and did it quite a few times I wouldn't recommend it whatsoever >.<

On another note, having friends hold pops for you, then brewing 6~ at a time is a fairly good method to get it done quickly and in waves. Most people who have dnc have thf also sooo slap on that TH gear and pop + aeolian edge brew. Saves you all the headache of the kill and with voidwatch cruor comes very easily. Just do what you gotta do to get it done as fast as you can, otherwise you end up like me soloing almost the whole damn thing while waiting for bot rex/qilin shouts on ffxiah shouts page

edit: I made a tumblr thing for myself about glavoid a while back, filled with grammer errors and drunken disappointment sooooo BROUGHT TO YOU WITH LOVE! My tumblr glavoid crap
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-26 20:54:12  
Killing Glavoid is the effortless part. You pay people to create sets for you. Brewing them, even in lumps, amounts to paying ~550k to do the least time-intensive aspect of the project.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-26 21:15:40  
Killing Glavoid is the effortless part. You pay people to create sets for you. Brewing them, even in lumps, amounts to paying ~550k to do the least time-intensive aspect of the project.

Glavoid can be a *** to kill while solo or duo, like I said all it takes is an unlucky missed stun, or not paying attention to migawari if you are nin.

Personally I think it's best to do a combination of things when you are waiting on cooldowns like dyna entry time and such.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 117 118 119